X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military owned backroad in California

013 did not really bother to move out of the way as the Jellybean flew right by him. Seeing the Jellybean zoom past his head, he just looked at it with confusion. "What the..." Was all he could muster before looking at the approaching girl.

All the while the men who 013 had ordered to stop Senna, had just gotten up after dodging the previously fired gun shots. One of them ended up responding to Senna.

"Sorry girl, but I got-" The man said. He was about to say 'he's got orders', but before he could finish he heard out 013 call out to them, and the other two that were previously dealing with Sam's group.

"New orders men! Leave her be and regroup. I'll deal with the girl!" He called out. Hearing all that, his men just looked even more confused before shaking their head and shrugging. The two that were previously dealing with Senna were now getting up to group up. This went for the two men which were taking cover near Samantha's truck. They had quickly gotten up and are running to the other two men to regroup. Cautiously at that.

013 on the other hand was processing things in his mind. This girl sounded familiar to him before. He was sure of that. Not only that, but when he heard her yell out 'brother' at the top of her damn lungs, the use of a sniper rifle, and a odd fascinaton with sweets. As indicated by her asking if there was any cake over the radio, and tossing a jellybean at them... This all made him continue to think of who this person is... he had a hunch, but he couldn't be certain. All he could think of to do was turn to face her completely. As he did he spoke to Samantha.

"Try and get a vehicle ready, and I'll go with you. I called for backup earlier for my men, and they will pick up my soldiers out here on the field. Now let me deal with this nuisance."

He stood strong and firm while facing her as she approached quickly. He then began to raise his arms up slowly, almost as if it looked like he was preparing to hug her... but it wasn't certain if that's what he was going to do. However all he needs is to make her think that he's preparing to open his arms for a hug. After all, if it's who he THINKS it is, she'll probably fall for it. Meanwhile he has... other intentions.

Sacramento

The Green guy just tilted his head again, but he immediately replied. "Well I can't just leave ya be. I mean what kind of guy wouldn't return a favor? After all ya scratched mah back, now I gotta scratch yours. Now if ya wanna run away, and do it fast. I can help ya. After all I know the sewers better than anyone, and what better route to take than the sewer system!" He spoke in response as he followed her up to her apartment. He had a rather sincere tone, and it seemed as if he was really willing to help.

"I don't remember much of mah life, and to my knowledge it's been a darn short life. Besides I'm not the most well known guy, so to be honest I don't care about any dangers. So just let a guy help ya out. 'Kay?"
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-30-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

(Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Hot wind Blowing (Wind of Destruction) (1:04) <Play song until next audio que.>)
      Woods | California

The only thing Jason saw was a burst of dirt as the ground he was on was nearly vaporized from the shockwave, and up he went, soaring high above the treeline. It certainly took him by surprise, and even jarred him a little, but he was still in this fight. Seeing one of the many trees uprooted and soaring into the sky, Jason put away his grenade launcher and grabbed on with his now free hand. Using his momentum, Jason rotated himself and the log so that he was now facing the ground, and with Alex still targeted, Jason opened fire with his assault rifle, sending down a rain of hot 7.62x51mm lead.

Meanwhile, Alex would have seen nothing but dirt, at least until a stream of at least 15 bullets ripped through the dust clouds and straight at him.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex could feel Jason leaving the ground and made a prediction as to his trajectory He was able to calculate it well enough before jumping high above the dirt that was now clouding his vision, and amplifying the magnitude of his upward momentum to send himself soaring. He ran into a barrage bullets on his way up, each of them bouncing off of him and back towards Jason, However these bullets seemed to be capable of changing their own direction, one of the man ways the higher ups were helping it's soldiers fight against vector manipulation and assisting with aim. Once he could see Alex altered his direction to compensate for the lack of visibility before and putting him on a collision cores with Jason. Once Alex was sure he was going to hit him head on, he accelerated his momentum again, going 700MPH with his fist out like superman. Alex might not have gotten another chance to hit him so he had to make this count.

All the while he had to be careful to control the amount of G force his own body was under, pushing it all away from himself and into whatever he came into contact with.

Comment

Woods | California

Jason was focused on the dirt cloud, mainly on the figure who was marked in his HUD. Just as Jason had figured, this kid went on the offensive yet again and rose up out of the clouds. The kid must have been booking it, because he was moving at what looked like 5 mph. Based on what he was taught about his abilities, he would have been moving at close to 700 mph. Jason was careful yet again, not wanting this kid to suddenly intercept him, laying down a barrage of 10 more bullets. In the meantime, on Alex's way up, the 15 bullets from before had turned around like miniature supersonic jets and flew at him yet again, bringing the total bullets hitting to 25. The moment Alex was within the desired range, Jason jerked at the tree to place his feet on the trunk and kicked off as hard as he could, sending him rocketing diagonally downward as he squeezed the trigger again, firing off 27 more bullets on his collision course with the ground.

(Man, this kid has got to die or back off! They'll be here any minute! I gotta see if I have anything up my sleeve...), Jason thought to himself as all this happened. As he flew towards the ground, Jason quickly opened up his nanomachines' command menu and started to search through the various commands he could give them. Most of them were meant for dealing solely with the Infinite line, but perhaps one of them could help in this fight. That's when he saw it. Well, it was not exactly the perfect counter, but it would surely protect him from much of the damage he might sustain later. With that, Jason ran the subroutine designed to combat IP-095.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex could see clearly Jason spinning the log slightly before jumping off at an angel, all while firing off more shots at him as he fell. It was becoming abundantly clear to Alex that Jason's reaction time was far greater than even he had predicted. He had already assumed it to be great but now he was predicting it to be somewhere between 18 and 25 times faster than an average humans. To make matters worse the bullets he had deflected before had turned around and were heading back to him. Alex's deflection wasn't currently on from behind as all of the vectors behind him were pushing him forward, meaning an attack from the rear would be accelerated straight through his body, and even worse the bullets were still moving faster than he was. Luckily Alex was able to see them coming and had a plan.

Alex flew straight through the tree's truck, entering one side and leaving the other and then using the think trunk of the tree to absorb some of the bullets for him. One of the ones from the back did manage to graze his left arm, but fortunately for Alex he was right handed. that and despite making a nasty cut the bullet didnt' get stuck inside, meaning he could keep fighting without too much pain. After stopping on the tree for a moment he let the other bullets catch up with him, only to reveres all the kinetic energy back against them, causing them to lose all momentum and fall away. Alex then jumped from tree to tree, guiding himself with the vectors and then pushing each of the 15 or so trees that were still air born towards Jason.

Understanding the sheer speed of Jason's reflexes Alex stopped playing around and sent each tree in his direction at a whopping twelve hundred miles per hour. He had to reflect the sound waves away from him, making himself deaf for a moment so the multiple sonic booms from permanently damaging his hearing. If that wasn't loud enough the trees impact with the ground was sure to make a lot of noise that even the infinite line soldiers back at the road couldn't miss it.

Doing all of this was started to weaken Alex, he had used a lot of power and taken a bit of damage, he was bleeding but the wound would clot soon enough so he wasn't at any risk of bleeding out. To Alex it felt like the first 400 yards of a mile run. he was breathing heavier to let more oxygen into his brain and his heart was pumping faster, but he was far from done.

Comment

military owned backroad in cali

She was about to hear the men spout the same cookie cutter bullshit she normally would say to her victems before she heard the familliar voice of hajime. She then looked over towards him only to see him reach out his arms in the form of a hug.

("... this might be a trap, but personally, I don't give a damn at this point. I just want my search to be over.") Went through her head as she let out an adorable.
              "BROTHER!!!!!!" before rushing in towards the hajime at full speed for a hug, still keeping her armor on just incase something does happen, ignoring the distance cackling of trees and shockwaves in the distance.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

The girl's reaction more than proved it. Only she would be so excited for a hug in this kind of situation.

013 however did not plan on giving a hug, not in a situation such as this. As the girl approached him at increasing speeds, 013 mentally prepared his move. For the second she gets within range, he'll sidestep to dodge before grabbing her and pushing her into the ground. His plans are not to harm her, but subdue her. This is a technique that he hasn't ever once used on his 'siblings', as he always found it a bit rough, but right now he's not in the mood for fun and games. Due to this once Senna is about to come in for the hug, she'll see him swiftly sidestep her.

Comment

military owned backroad in cali

As she guessed, it was a trap, but not the one she was expecting. As she was about to jump forward for a hug, hajime sidestepped her, causing her to faceplant into the road.

"Ow!.... how are ya brother? Is the others okay? Man! You don't know how lonely it gets without anyone to hug or share opinions about cake to" this kept going for a bit, it was obvious she was very excited that her search was over.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
                  "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Sacramento

"Thing is, Mr. Marshmellow, I don't think you CAN help me." Koi spoke as they stopped on the stairs next to them, adjusting the backpack they had.

"Look, you might know the sewers, but the sewers probably won't get me far, I need a vehicle. I's won't tell you me whole story, since you's got attention-span problems, but suffice it to say, i'm being hunted by some very, very, VERY bad people. Wha' I's did back there is probably gonna cause attention. Stuffs I's cannot afford." Koi explained.

"You's can't really help in a firefight. Alls you's got is you's..." Koi searched for a word for a moment before poking them "Squish."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Air above military owned backroad in California

Once the drones arrived, Sidna made the final preparations before ordering most of them to descend down and surround the group along the road. Once the drones had surrounded the group, Sidna spoke through one of the drones, making sure to use her Iris voice, which all the super humans would surely recognize as the robot assistant from when they still were with the government. "Well well, it's been a long time since I've manged to get this close to most of you. Having fun doing this whole terrorist thing? Ok, so there are two choices here, you can choose the come willingly, or, you can choose to fight. Now, if you do choose to fight, who do you want us to shoot at first?" Sidna said, maintaining a rather merry tone through the conversation. While the choice of who to shoot first seemed kind of out there, Sidna actually intended to use that answer later as Ceres' first target if they actually answered seriously.

Military Base near California
                      "Which weapons do you want to bring" Ceres was asked. "I'd say the railgun, my favorite powder based gun, and a one of the modified machine guns" Ceres answered, while continuing to equip her armor. Just earlier Sidna had briefed her more on the mission. She would keep her distance, and incentivize the group to move to their hideout with bullets. One of the bigger challenges was that that IP line soldier with really good sight had been seen there. That meant that Ceres had to be extra careful about not being seen, which was part of the reason for using the armor. Back when the IP project was still ongoing, she didn't have either the armor or the weapons, meaning that they would probably help her keep her identity hidden better here.

Once Ceres had everything she needed, she boarded a helicopter with a few other guards, and began flying towards the road with the super soldiers. Flying at top speed it would probably only take a few minutes to fly close enough to be in firing range.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

("Of course things would go from bad to worst case scenario in no time, that is our rotten luck.") Lyncwood thought as she was already making the preparations for an evac call, then came the drones and whoever seemed to had an ego through the roof being all high and mighty "She can take one drone up her.." she grumbled while checking her wristwatch and pressing a button "This is bullet, send a pigeon, with heavy crumbs." she spoke to whoever was on the other line.

Samantha had one revolver aimed at one of the drones and the other hand holding the handle of her still sheathed sword "We got aerial help coming, I can stop only so much rain of bullets and missiles, so if you got any AOE distraction, please use it so we can take you and your soldiers out of this warzone." she spoke to the commander. Her tone was honest as her helmeted face was focused on him.
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

(Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Hot wind Blowing (Wind of Destruction) (31:55))
                          Woods | California

Jason could feel his body already begin the process, but just as the nanomachines began their work, he saw multiple trees converging on his position, each one travelling about as fast as a bullet. The only thing Jason could do was try and graze past them, though wit the ground quickly coming in fast, there was a very good chance this landing was gonna hurt.

The only thing Alex would have seen was the trees and the armored soldier descend into the dust cloud below before a series of loud booms rang out, kicking up multiple other clouds of dirt, debris and splinters before everything seemed to go silent.
                          sigpic

Comment

The tree graveyard that was once a forest | California

As Alex descended towards the ground, he watched carefully at what had happened. While he couldn't see everything, he knew there was a good chance that at least one of the trees had struck him. He couldn't be sure, but he certainly suspected Jason was in bad shape after that last attack. Hurt, but not dead. he had learned from last time and knew better than to leave this up to chance. When he finally touched down he pushed the force of his collision with the ground down and away, letting the surrounding soil take the full blunt of his landing and letting him send vibrations through the ground. He used this to learn Jason' general location, but he couldn't tell what his condition was. Alex reached for his revolver and approached Jason's location, taking the time to replace the bullet he had fired earlier restoring his the now fll cylinder. He pulled the hammer and held his gun at the ready in case he needed to use it.

Comment

((small post. NOT DONE YET.))

013 after watching 007 fall onto the ground, he was about to simply subdue her by pinning her down. Unfortunately before he could, his predictions were accurate. Backup had already came. In the form of a familiar voice to him coming from the drones. He did not seem pleased at all at this occurrence. He was expecting at the least 5 to 10 minutes of peace, but he was so wrong on that estimate. Either way he didn't seem to say much at all to 'Iris', instead he just turned to Sam before looked at his open palm before closing his fist. He had been building up an electric charge in his body, but it wouldn't be strong enough for anything serious. It wouldn't cause permanent damage to the drones, rather if he did release it now it would just be a small EMP in a 10 foot radius. Definitely not big enough to give them all cover... If only he had more time.

He then looked at Sam and whispered quietly. "If I had a bit more time, or even something like a car battery, I'd be able to disable any drones within a 25 foot radius. As it is now though, I can't do much." He said as he cracked his neck. "I can at least get in there and disable SOME of them, but it would only be a few. Even then I'd need some kind of opening. So I'll have to ask if you have a plan of some sort."

Sacramento

If he had an actual face, the Green Man would be furrowing his brow out of slight annoyance. Not at the fact the he's 'squishy'. Rather he just said.

"Yeah? Well what do I got to lose? I'm not much of a fighter sure, but what do I got to live for? I mean I've only to my knowledge alive for quite a while, and you were the first person to help me out. Everyone who seen little ol' me just looks at me like I'm some kinda... not nice thing. I really wouldn't mind helpin' a lass like you out. The sewers may not be the most helpful thing, but you can get by undetected. Pretty sure you can find an ol' parking lot, or some other forms of vehicle. So just let a guy repay his debt."
                              Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-05-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Woods | California

All was quiet from the dust cloud, the only noises being the dust and debris settling on the ground. Alex could sense from his elocation that Jason was on his hands and knees, seeming to be trembling for some reason.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X