X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from a date and deciding wether I should eat now or later ^^
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

We could keep going on our current path.

How far do we have to go?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Well for Part I, there's 40 "chapters"
        We're currently in Chapter 2, which If I get Aion's flashback over with in a post within the next few instances of Aion's team, which should be the next post, Chapter 2 would be over and thus we would be in Chapter 3: Trial by Fire, where I pretty much launch the story headlong into the War of Eternity even further.

The chapters aren't that long so it's a matter of getting Aion to key points in a timely manner.

The thing I'm considering is opening up Part III in parallel to this...or I just wait and go with the initial plan and go through each part in order.

Part II also has 40 chapters and is similar where each chapter technically isn't that long so it shouldn't be too bad...

I'm just trying really hard to get things to Part III because I want to just let go of all this madness of trying to keep a uniformity across the board.
        Part III throws it out the window.

EDIT: @ Kristia
        welcome back

EDIT 2: I'll finish chapter 2 on Thursday, because it's another big post that I have to work out a lot of details cause I've changed a lot about Aion's past which no longer coincides with the current thing I have written for this flash back.
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-07-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, I suppose it's up to everybody else.

I would rather keep going, but if everyone else wants to start on part 3, then I'll abide and follow along.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

i will follow the flow, but i don´t want to fall in the side lines
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, I'll just keep going.
              Thanks guys for being honest.
              I felt like crap for having to correct things so that there's uniformity across the board...which I really should address by making some more information on these things and putting it in the OP here.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hey, nobody gets it perfect the first time.
                sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

I'm confused now ... so it was a beta class ngo cuiser right? But location is unknown and then commander suria

Edit: post deleted for now
                  Last edited by Pandre; 10-07-2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

@ Pandre

I'm sorry T.T

Let me summarize everything that yer post had missed slightly because things are starting to get a bit confusing because of the common names between everything. (Uhm...someone have a better classification system for the Cruisers? The Kappa and Omega Class must remain but everything else can be changed. i.e. something different than Alpha Class Battle Cruiser.)

Ok so here we go...

In Sol Incineron
                    An NGO Gamma Class Battle Cruiser had arrived from (Unknown Origin for now) By order of Revere Exorco to deal with the Alpha Division's Omega Destroyers to aid Nhiome

In Conlustrare
                    - An NGO Beta Class Battle Cruiser is patrolling Sector 7 of the Solar System.
                    - The Beta Division Main Fleet has detected an explosion on Mortem and is going to investigate. They should find the NGO Beta Class Battle Cruiser. Engage in brief dogfight as the NGO Beta Class attempts to flee from the superior numbers of the Beta Division Main Fleet

In Helios
                    - The fighter that went through the warp gate in Celestora was Revere Exorco's fighter. He flies to the NGO Main Fleet stationed in an asteroid belt in Sector 11.

Does that help a bit?

@ S121

aye...
                    Part of me was uncertain how much detail I really needed...but all I can say is that Part III will be a heck of a lot nicer than the way things are now.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-07-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Do you want me to post everything on the MJOLNIR armor's capabilities?
                      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Ya don't have to but basic systems is the bare minimum I'll really need.
                        If ya just rip from like a wiki then that'll be fine.

Comment

@Cucoo

thanks alot, now at least i can post soberly

let's assume Seiuna is at the bridge of Veredus, being like a navigator or somebody who looks at sonars :P idk
                          Last edited by Pandre; 10-08-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Helmet: The MJOLNIR Helmet is one of the most vital aspects to the MJOLNIR system. It is made of Titanium and contains key features like a Heads Up Display that links to the brain and hands, and can identify equipment and display information about it when it is picked up by the wearer. Another feature is the direct neural interface system which connects to a SPARTAN-IIs neural implants. Two core processor chips are implanted into the subjects skull in the rear of the head. This is essentially comparable to an on board computer using parts of the human brain for processing - when the connector at the rear of the subjects head and receptors in the brain link to the helmets on board sensors it creates the neural link needed to move the MJOLNIR suit. The helmet also contains other equipment to protect and aid the user in hostile conditions. This includes: filters to remove toxins from the atmosphere, a supply to provide air to the wearer during EVA, thermal and motion sensors, communications, solar-powered lighting, and imaging and video gear. The helmet also contains the A.I housing, where a ship-borne A.I chip is inserted, located on the back of the helmet.

Titanium Alloy Outer Shell: The outer shell of the MJOLNIR armor is comprised of a fairly thick titanium alloy. This plating covers the chest, arms, hip, legs, calves, feet and hands. This alloy is very resilient, can take significant punishment, and is nearly impervious to small arms fire. While enough shots from armor piercing rounds will breach the outer shell, the suit can take a few glancing blows from them without compromising the armor. The outer shell of the all MJOLNIR suits is covered with a refractive coating to help disperse the heat experienced from Covenant energy weapons. However one or two direct hits from any Plasma weapon will compromise the armor plating.

Titanium Nanocomposite Bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick black armored bodysuit. This suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. The bodysuit is made of a titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat resistant material to disperse heat from Plasma weapons.

Hydrostatic Gel: Underneath the armored bodysuit is a gel-filled layer, this gel layer regulates the temperature of the suit and can re actively change its density to conform to the wearer's shape - the temperature inside the suit is controlled by the moisture absorbing cloth suit underneath the hydrostatic layer. The hydrostatic gel layer can also be pressurized to various levels to potentially save the wearers life should the wearer be subjected to high G forces or a high velocity impact; however, over pressurizing this layer can cause nitrogen embolisms.[7]

Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal Layer: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding, the liquid crystal layer of the suit is split into two sections that forms the inner structure of the suit. The first layer contains the Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal this reactive metal increases the strength, reaction time, mobility, speed, and all around physical performance of the SPARTAN-II. The section layer supports suit's Artificial intelligence, knitted together at a molecular level and fitted in between the outer plates and the inner padding. This type of computer memory is usually outfitted on a warship and as such this layer accounts for over eighty percent of the MJOLNIR armor's cost of construction and materials.

Magnetic Weapon Holder Strips: Available on the Mk. IV, Mk. V, and Mk. VI the magnetic strips are very small yet powerful magnets place on the legs, waist, and back of the suit and is used to hold any equipment with a magnetic property. The suit also contains an electromagnetic system on the boots of the MJOLNIR suit that allow its wearer to stay attached to a metal surface in Zero G environments and can be toggled on or off by the wearer.

Shields: First used on the Mk. V, and later refined on the Mk. VI, the energy shield device is reverse engineered from Covenant technology. Begun in 2532[8] forty scientists and technicians would spend the next 20 years attempting to make some use of the technology. For decades the attempts at cracking their technology had met with failure after failure, some had given up and others in the scientific community believed the energy shield technology could never be cracked. However at some point before 2552 a breakthrough was made and for the first time the UNSC had successfully cracked and improved upon the technology.[9]

Pressure Seal: The Pressure Seal is a vital component to the MJOLNIR system, it keeps the system airtight, underwater or in space. The seal is very strong and will only break under extreme pressure, such as in a high velocity impact or when the Hydrostatic Gel has been over pressurized.

Automatic Biofoam Injectors: Introduced on the Mk. VI models Biofoam injectors is an integral part of the systems ability to keep a SPARTAN-II functioning in battle. Biofoam is a medical gel that is used to fill and seal a wound automatically, it is also used to treat any infection that could occur as a result of the wound. The process of injecting, or applying the gel to a wound,however it is extremely painful and is only a temporary solution; medical attention must be sought soon after to ensure survivability.

Fusion Reactor: The fusion reactor is the most essential part of the MJOLNIR System, as it provides power to all equipment on the MJOLNIR armor - the reactor is built into the suit and allows for nearly unlimited movement. The fusion reactor in all versions of the MJOLNIR armor are half the size of a normal fusion pack that conventional marines carry around. (NOTE: John's suit has a fusion/plasma hybrid reactor. He has GEN 2 armor similarities.)

Force-Multiplying Circuits: Located throughout the armor, these systems boost the force applied by the user. They make hand-to-hand combat easier, but also make the armor difficult to adjust to; a slight motion can be translated into a potentially harmful one if not conducted correctly. For this reason it is only possible for Spartans to use this armor, as their strengthened bodies are able to withstand the increased power and speed of movement, which, in un-augmented human bodies, results in broken bones or death, due to spasms caused by the pain of broken bones.

Reactive Circuits: Reactive Circuits are systems installed directly linked to the Spartan Neural Interface. They amplify the wearer's reaction time by connecting directly to the thoughts of the wearer, making it much easier to control and allowing for the soldier to be both more efficient and have a higher survival rate in combat.

Power Supply Control Unit: The Power Supply Control Unit controls and maintains the power supply of the armor.

His armor is also capable of transfering and absorbing energy. Cortana used his armor to overclock a ghost and made it many times faster.
                            It can survive orbital drops.
                            Since it is modded with GEN 2 tech, it has the ability to alter it's shield's form, allowing John to bend and warp his shields at will (airfolds, spikes, etc.).

The armor also has the ability to use armor modules like Armorlock, Active Camo, Promethean Vision, etc..

It would be assumed that based on John's armor, he would be wearing GEN 2 armor. This is the GEN 2 armor's capabilities.

Nano bots for automatic repair of both the suit and the user.

Next-gen fusion-plasma hybrid power system.

Atmospheric insertion systems.

Slipspace de-insertion capability.

Active AI transfer protocols.

Limited shaping of the energy shield (partial overlaps, airfoils etc.).
                            sigpic

Comment

even with everything, a punch on the back kills spartans :P

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Yea, the games make Spartans much weaker than they're supposed to be. -_-;

In the books, they are basically walking tanks, even without the armor. They can survive extensive organ damage and still keep fighting. In one of the books, Kelly-087 had a collapsed lung and was still able to run and fight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X