X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's looking more like a proper RP. Might come over here if I have time. I wouldn't say that Fight Against Fantasy is going downhill, it's just a slow RP
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@ book
      technology wise for transportation...I knew I was missing a detail

I'll add this to OP also but here's what there is:

Space travel is common place, personal transports are easily obtainable. Most common transports for intra-planet travel are personal hovercycles.

For intergalactic travel there's "Warp Gates" which can link to any other powered on Warp Gate in the galaxy.

I'ma steal the look of the one in Star Fox: Assault

In this video it warps to a specified coordinate, in this story it has to be another gate.

Standard life: varies with the planets. There can be heavily colonized planets that have futuristic cities to planets that are trading posts and only have wood cabins or w/e (I'll reference like Tatooine in Star Wars)

- Cities: Stereotypical future city with hovercars and w/e (refrencing Sonic Riders for what one of the first things I think of aside from scenes in Star Wars)

- Trading Posts: I'll just say its more like Tatooine in Star Wars and leave the rest to imagination.

- Space Ports: These are like futuristic Airports combined with a small city. Sometimes replaces Trading Posts.

- You can add anything else you want, honestly the spectrum is pretty large because of the fact its a galactic stage.

------------------
      Weaponry has advanced beyond projectiles, although missiles are still sometimes used. Standard issue infantry weapons are C-Pulse Rifles which use energy from the crystals to create "Concentrated" (hence the C) energy blasts. Other variations include special lenses which adapts the crystal to a different element type so there can be flamethrowers, water cannons, wind cannons, etc. With the crystals, they can be used indefinitely as long as a moment to let them recharge is allowed. Typically there are limiters which slow the fire rate so that the crystal can recharge. If the limiter is removed, then the crystals can be depleted, but then the weapon becomes useless and then you would need to replace the crystal, so it could be like changing a clip in a standard gun, except most guns if you were to rapid fire to kill, would last only 10-20 rounds or w/e would be a very small amount.

Space Fighters are also common and have similar attributes. Limiters are typically implemented to keep the fighter's speed down so that the crystal doesn't die. Also computer systems can regulate speed, firepower, and shields accordingly. There are two types of fighter pilots, which determines the type of fighter:
      Mavericks and Drones.
      - Mavericks are pilots that believe in going in their fighter and meeting danger head on.
      - Drones are Pilots that remotely control their fighters.

A maverick fighters vary depending on the pilot's preference. For example: Aion sacrifices overall firepower and shields for raw speed and agility. Whereas Joe sacrifices shields for agility and firepower.
      Drone pilots tend to value raw offensive power over shields and speed.

The 3 factions (which are in the notes at the bottom of OP) have various class of Cruisers, which are your typical big starships.

Gonna steal this pic for general designs but they can vary. (random pic that I liked...happens to be a Mass Effect starship XD...)

The size of the cruiser varies by its class (Order of largest to smallest...and yes I just did the order by what sounded good...)
      Alpha
      Beta
      Gamma
      Delta
      Omega
      Kappa
      Lambda
      Zeta

Typically heavily armed and shields are able to be localized to attacks to become near impenetrable (except when focused on one thing they become weaker elsewhere, like anything in like Star Trek and what not.) overall weaponry decreases with the size (Except the Kappa class...that will be an exception because of obvious reasons, and the Omega class just because of a certain story element later.)

...anything else can be left to the imagination almost. Just ask first, even though it would be only ideas that would conflict with other concepts that I would shoot down.

Comment

Ok added a few more starting points in the IC here to hopefully maybe interest a few people.

and I seriously need to make up bios for ALL of my characters...
        shoot...
        that'll take a few days...
        unless I say that the characters that are key to the base story don't really need bios...cause I got like...thirty-to-forty some characters in that category.

What I'm saying is that there'll still be the base story, but everyone else would add to it and it will adapt to it.

Comment

I'm interested...just don't have the time at the moment...exams are coming up X.X
          How many times can you die a day~?
          How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

@ book
            right right...

curious what solar system would you start in?

Comment

@cucoo

I'm considering venion or sol incineron

Comment

@ book
                Ah mk...

Any particular reason?
                Or just like the names and "theme" of em? :P

Comment

@cucoo

it would sort of make his history have more...evidence? well it would make it more believable anyway... I think I will create the character tmr afternoon ( your tmr morning I believe) provided I have the time...

btw, can you give me some background on those two solar systems other than the info already available? So I know which one to pick and also to make use of in the character application.

Comment

@ book

Sure.

First off leme post this old pic of the items called the "Shards of Starlight"

I've since changed it to purely the center "medallion" with each two sections that are divided by the starburst pattern being one of the Shards.

Should look like the Medallions in LoZ: OoT in a sense, minus the spirit one.

Anyway from the top piece clockwise, each one represents the following systems:

Helios
                    Celestora
                    Egale
                    Venion
                    Sol Incineron
                    And the center is Nexion

If you know LoZ: OoT then ya could figure out what each color represents as well.

Anyway to the specifics for Venion and Sol Inceneron

Venion is the system seldom visited. The realm of Erebos, Keeper of the Threshold of Chaos. Rumors are that most of the planets are homes for monsters and demons. However, the planet that Erebos has built the Manor of Ethereal Night, Nox, has a vast city which is actually prosperous under the guidance of Erebos. Although the people seem to be Human, some of them are actually the last surviving pure Arcains, however Erebos has them go as Humans and therefore, the truth has been suppressed. The large majority are Human Sub-Arcains. Near the Manor of Ethereal Night, the Temple of Light and Shadow exists where Arcain Priests keep the secrets of Venturia safe. Beyond these borders are Demonarcs, creatures of shadow that are there more so to protect the Temple from outsiders.

Sol Inceneron is the system which the majority of its planets are almost deemed uninhabitable, yet the underground caverns of those planets are home for many people. Typically outcasts find their way to these planets to escape whatever they may be running from, or to simply hide. Typically thugs and gangs become prominent in the more mineral rich planets. The outer planets of the system actually bear some life and natural vegetation and are dominated by rocky terrain. Any water on these outer rim planets is underground.
                    Ancient Temples also can be found through out many of the planets, most of them have been abandoned and picked through by bandits.

Comment

I just realized I had a bad thing in the OP

I initially said when considering things to "First consider what is scientifically possible then add mystical elements in moderation"

I'm going back on that as I just realized that getting into the later parts of the story I throw that out the window.

Just ask first before anything (I'm not going anywhere soon...this is too addicting...I don't know why I just pointed that out...), cause I can't put down the entire notes without not possibly crashing the internet or something stupid.
                      There's a lot of elements in this story that could allow for nearly any type of character. There's a way to balance nearly anything...and OP characters can exist, just that they have to play by the limits I built into the core of my story. Also they would wind up meeting Erebos, and that never ends well. There's a reason I have him.

Anyway, ask first on anything, assume nothing.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Temporary Bio for Mima (so that Mima can take it and fill out the rest as he see fit)

----------------------------------
                        Name: Mima

Race: Youkai turned Human for Part I

Profession and/or Talents: Former Ghost, good at magic (In this, she's been reduced to using Aura Energy, which means she can't really do magic of anything, but she can do things like create magic shields and energy blast and Twilight Spark (if she has a powerful enough crystal))

Inventory:
                        - Crescent moon spear
                        - Digital Bag, which holds many simple devices and items. (Because magic bag wouldn't work) [Present from Cicero who Mima will meet in the beginning]
                        - *insert anything else here*

Personality: *It's Mima...though I'll be honest I don't really know myself ^^;*

Elemental preference: *Guessing: Light and Dark
                        (Now this is talking about Aurora Energy, which is like...a form of magic but...not really. There are 5 types listed below. Technology is virtually the only thing that can use Aurora Energy, so it's like Phantasy Star's Photon Energy...)

History: When Earth, and therefore Gensokyo, was destroyed, she found herself in the Passages of Fate. Guided by another mysterious ghost girl, she made her way through the maze-like passages. Then at the end of the Passages, she went through a doorway that landed her in the Venturian Galaxy. However, it came at a price...

Bio:

Notes: (Anything else you can think of)
                        ----------------------
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Well, thank you for the template.

Name: Mima

Race: Youkai turned Human for Part I

Profession and/or Talents: Former Ghost, good at magic (In this, she's been reduced to using Aura Energy, which means she can't really do magic of anything, but she can do things like create magic shields and energy blast and Twilight Spark (if she has a powerful enough crystal))

Inventory:
                          - Crescent moon spear
                          - Digital Bag, which holds many simple devices and items. (Because magic bag wouldn't work) [Present from Cicero who Mima will meet in the beginning]
                          -

Personality: Mima is, for the most part, carefree, with a bit of a mischevious side, but can be quite serious when she gets down to it.

Elemental preference: Light and Dark

History: When Earth, and therefore Gensokyo, was destroyed, she found herself in the Passages of Fate. Guided by another mysterious ghost girl, she made her way through the maze-like passages. Then at the end of the Passages, she went through a doorway that landed her in the Venturian Galaxy. However, it came at a price...

Bio: Due to certain events, her powers and memories were, for the most part, lost. She's now simply out to remember, and find some sort of purpose in life, and to possibly find a friend.

Notes:

That decent enough?
                          Last edited by Koishi; 09-28-2013, 11:14 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Aye that's good.
                            I gave her an intro post in the IC just to give her a start. I have Cicero, who breaks the fourth wall often in my story, there to help get her from the Mirror Sea to civilization. once his job is done, he might disappear and Nero will take over.

EDIT: For the immediate present, lets say anything Mima does beyond hovering over solid ground would require Aura Crystals. Thus her power of flight is limited until she gets a nice Aura crystal, which will be soon. Also this means it'll be like flight in the fighter games. Limited duration, but recharges relatively quickly.
                            ...so she wouldn't be able to hover over the Mirror Sea. :P
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

cucoo.. I know this may be a stupid question, but can androids/cyborgs be in that universe?
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The only reason that's a silly question is because the fact yer asking about it when the story takes place in a time frame where technology is advanced enough for that to happen :P

You could do that, sure.

...I actually should add that as an option also...didn't think about that.

They would need a good sized Aura crystal core to run I would say (about the size of a Melon...)
                                Their abilities would be overall greater than any physical organic being, but if they exert themselves too far, the crystal would die and therefore, they would "die" until someone were to replace their core. Also could say a limiter would prevent that from happening and have the android be exhausted.
                                Also when ya mentioned it I searched it in my notes I then recalled that I also had Bioroids also (Think like purely organic androids) which would be organic beings that instead of blood, would have some form of nanobot system. They don't need Aura crystals and use organic processes for energy.
                                Cyborgs could be a cross between the two and meet somewhere in the middle. Cyborg appearance would be more natural looking ( a bit like Luke's hand in Star Wars for example)

tbh Dalia is a bit of a cyborg in a sense as part of her lower abdomen was injured and therefore had to be replaced with prosthetics.

Comment

Working...
                                X