Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

"(Sh*t...), John thought.

John hated the idea of being led by a rookie to neutralize a target. If anything, there were going to be many mistakes and John would have to pull off a miracle.

"Well luckily for you, I'm no rookie.", John said to Aion in a calm tone as he prepared for launch.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Kiara giggled. "Don't be fooled by what you see on the surface. A lot of these people actually use Bioroid augmentation. Maverick Pilots are especially prone to using it. Typically they replace either their entire blood system with a synthetic system that prevents blackouts or a partial system if they prefer to fly without the G-Diffuser system. Those are die-hard traditionalists that want to have a different kind of edge in aerial combat. You can't judge them from the outside until you know what's really flowing through their veins."

"I guess I missed my point a bit in all that. What I was trying to say is you're not alone." Nero leaned back and looked through more of the archives with Mima. "Besides. People change. Before, I was labeled as the highest threat to humanity. Now, I'm a head defense coordinator that tries to protect everyone."

Aion looked at John from his cockpit and smiled confidently. "Neither am I. I've seen my fair share of battles as a mercenary. Stay on my wing, even though typically nothing does go horribly wrong. The practice target is normally just like some marker with minor defensive capabilities to simulate a defended position in space. It'll be over soon enough."
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-11-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Helios System

"Oh. I was expecting something difficult like a Covenant Battlecruiser.", John commented, forgetting that Aion probably wouldn't know what a Cavenant Battlecruiser was, or who the Covenant were.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

???

Nhiome stared at the board for a while, there seemed to be many people signified there, even him and did this mean he was in Nexion? And how come the figure that seemed to signify Revere was in Helios instead of right next to him? Then he was distracted by the sight of Revere's arm.

"If those are from crystal fusion...How are the crystals gone? How are you still alive?" He asked. Then considering that Revere already knew what he looked like considering the figurine, he removed the suit and helmet. Then after putting them in a neat pile, rolled up his long right sleeve and removed the glove. His hand was almost all crystal and the crystal reached slightly past his elbow, similar to the scars on Revere. It seemed to have extended a bit...

"Aurora's curse? Who is Aurora?"
          How many times can you die a day~?
          How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

???

"...as war storms and thunders and starts the inferno that consumes all that it touches and reduces all to mere ashes...those with a will to change cruel fate stand up from the smoldering embers. With hope and strength of the heart, they force the clock of fate to change again, to move on to a new time, to bring new fortune."

"Sound familiar?" Revere glanced at Nhiome and then looked back to the board moving a figure that looked like the leader of the Black Roses. "Her name is Ember Monroe. She was the one that mentioned the legends to you." He turned again. "Aurora is a part of those legends. She is a Guardian of the Halls of Time. The thing known as Crystal Fusion is her curse...or should I say...her test."

-----------

Helios System

"Covenant? Huh...haven't run into them yet. Anyway, to be honest, I've heard Commander Sullivan does tend to spice this test up. How? I have no idea."

Comment

Helios System

"It shouldn't be too bad. My basic training was similar to this, possibly worse.", John said to Aion in a calm tone as he waited for further instructions from the leader.
              sigpic

Comment

Helios System

A thought popped into Mima's head. "Do you know where I can get a decently sized magical energy source?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

???

"I know nothing about those legends, as for a test..." Nhiome looked down at his hand once more and concentrated the light to summon a flame, but this time kept it going. He held it up, "If this is a test, then all have failed so far, and the penalty for it seems to be death but why would I be any different from all those others who have failed? Considering you are still alive with those scars, I assume you passed this test, so I ask of you not how to pass this test, for I really have nothing much to live for and have accepted my death. But I want to know why , what is this test about and why am I chosen to take it?" He clenched his fist and extinguished the flame.
                  How many times can you die a day~?
                  How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Helios System

Magical? hmm...there's not exactly "magic" but...Aura Crystals have a form of energy that could be considered magic." Nero pointed to the digital bag Mima has. "That device you showed me earlier that Cicero gave you, the Mini-Hakkero T-Type, is basically an aura crystal with various lenses for different elemental attacks." Nero was slowly catching on. "If you want, we could go to the firing range...which is...you know...designed for testing things like that..."

"Alright squad! Uhm...let's...get going! I have the coordinates....so...ya."
                    "Oh great..." Aion shook his head. "Part of me hates this sort of training but it makes some sense in the end. It helps break the wannabes from doing something stupid later..."

------------

???

Revere turned away and spoke again. "It's a...merciful means to weed out the weak of will, those who will break easily, become corrupted. If one breaks, like you and many others have, then she simply brings death upon you to prevent the possibility of corruption. She saves you from what you could become." He turned back to him. "And then gives you a second chance."
                    "There is still time..." Revere took off his jacket, revealing that the crystal fusion scars ran across half of his torso. "The reason I lived is because I did not break under death's grip. I broke death's grip. And then..." He took off a glove off of his right hand, showing strange markings which seemed to be flowing slightly like the columns in the room. "I became it's master."
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-11-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Helios System

"Not something like that. Something...bigger than this little thing." Mima explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Helios System

"Alright squad! Uhm...let's...get going! I have the coordinates....so...ya."

If Aion listened carefully, he could hear John quietly groaning in annoyance by the leader's inexperience. It sounded as if it caused John pain to listen to the unprofessionalism dripping off of the rookie's words. Based on the rookie's words and tone, he was going to be a liability, something John had very little patience for. It was as if the leader had no prior experience to flying and commanding a unit, as if this was his very first day. It sounded as if he hadn't even gone through the most basic training.

"Let's just get this over with.", John said to Aion in an emotionless tone as he had his ship follow the others to their destination.
                        Last edited by S121; 10-12-2013, 04:23 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"...Come with me." Nero got up and led Mima to his study, up through some passages in the upper decks to a large room similar to that of a living room which seemed a mess of papers and files. He quickly cleared a couch for Mima. "Wait here, I'll be right back." He then opened a hidden door and went through it.

Aion nodded as the group were launched from the catapults into space. "Amen."
                          Finally the squad leader managed to upload the coordinates to the squadron. "Oh you've got to be..." Aion sighed. "We're going to Zone 12, which is beyond the limit of Sector 6 in Helios. This will be just a long...drawn out...flight...might as well just set the fighter to autopilot and take a nap. Though...mind if I ask about your armor?"
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-11-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Helios System

John wasn't really one to speak this much, but Aion was his teammate. He would need to know about John's equipment and abilities.

"Ask away.", John said to Aion in his usual calm tone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Helios System
                              Space - Sector 12

"Alright, what armor is it? The only thing I know of is AETHER Armor...and what you have looks nothing like it." Aion had set his fighter to autopilot and reclined in his seat, throwing his arms behind his head and kicking his feet up on the dashboard.

Comment

Helios System

Mima sat to the best of her extent, and simply waited.

Comment

Working...
                                X