Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

We all want to find happiness during this times of dread, but as you said, many do what they can to stabilize the status quo" Mara said trying to relax the mood

As she kept walking, the bioroid felt a small stirring on her abdomen "Say.. about the check up, I still have to repair some parts, how far is the medical room?" she asked to Kiara
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System

"Oh...uh...sure." Nero then reached in through the rift and grabbed hold. "Ok...on three...ready? One... Two... Three!"

Kiara gestured to a section off to the side. "This is the medical wing." Through windows, one could see the various injured pilots and soldiers that had fought in the prior battle. "Here's an open room." She punched in a key code which opened a door to a room that had white, sterile equipment inside. "You could take a seat there, I'll get the equipment." Kiara bowed slightly and hurried to a central room between the others.
      Terrisa sat next to Mara. "Could I help with your repairs?"

------------

Zone 12
      Space

"Now leaving the Helios System. Keep an eye on long range scanners and stay sharp." Aion announced.
      "Huh? What?" The squad leader looked about in confusion.
      "Look alive, rookie. You might be a competent pilot, but you gotta really stay perceptive when your a squad leader."
      "...but..."
      "This might be training but nonetheless its still important to be at the top of yer game."
      "...I...why did..."
      "Simple mistake. Shake it off and move on to the objective."

Comment

Zone 12
        Space

John remained silent, simply observing his ship's scanners.

Thanks to Cortana, the ship's scanners now had boosted power and further range for the trade off of shutting off power to the life-support systems. John didn't need them, so it was a small price to pay.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Zone 12
          Space

A blip appeared on John's scanners, revealing the location of the objective. However, another blip appeared for a moment heading for the group near the objective and then vanished.

Comment

Helios System

The chest was pulled through, dropping onto the floor. The chest itself was large and ornate, the edges of the chest being made with pure gold, the rest of the chest being made with an unknown metal, symbols carved into it pulsating with a aqua colored light.

The chest had no handle, but it did have what looked like a hole meant for a curved sword... or a crescent staff.

Mima looked at the hole, then looked to her staff.

"Oh staff, you better be handy to me time." Mima inserted the staff's end into the hole, sending it through to the end.

Click. The chest opened to reveal a series of assorted trinkets. A brown and black hakkero, a pink umbrella, a series of ornate, sharpened knives, and many other things. But teh one thing that caught her eye were two little ying-yang balls in the corner. The very same balls she almost used to destroy humanity.

Mima backed up a little.

"It's them. Those orbs.. those are what I almost used to destroy humanity." Mima said.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Zone 12
              Space

Seeing the blip disappear made John feel on edge. There were many times where the dots on his radar would simply disappear, only for a Covenant Elite to appear behind him with an Energy Sword. Not wanting to take any chances, John contacted Aion and told him about it.

"Hey, I saw a blip on the ship's scanners, but it disappeared. Is there a chance for somebody to have stealth tech capable of evading ship scanners?", John asked Aion.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Mara took a seat and with one of her tools touched her abdominal platings. The abdomen had a small whirring sound and opened to the sides showing her internal organs, both synthetic and the bare organic.

Hearing Terrisa´s offer, the bioroid nodded "Sure, I know there are some areas that need check ups, but I can´t see on those areas" she said referring to her abdomen

Taking a deep breath, the white haired touched her chest plating as an oval-looking plate opened showing her heart "This one needs to update its blood tubes, the guaranty doesn´t have much time to finish" she said half joking
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Zone 12
                  Space

Aion's heart skipped a beat. "...only fighters can lower their radar detection profile to simulate stealth...which means..." He glanced to his own sensor array with the experimental Aura Sensors attempting to filter out the Aura Noise and detect unique signals. He saw it. Three blips moving in a uniform line towards them. He recognized the configuration to be the same as his own Aura profile of his fighter. "...Revere..."
                  Without hesitation he switched his fighter into attack mode, armor and controls shifted, and his own radar detection profile dropped. "EMERGENCY FORMATION! INBOUND HOS-"
                  Before Aion could issue the warning, a black fighter ripped through the squadron. In one strike, eight of the twelve fighters were taken down.
                  "Glad you could make it, Aion Leonares."
                  "Revere..."
                  "Is that all you can say? I'm disappointed...I thought there was more of Orion in you than that. Oh and John, a pleasure to meet you as always."

--------------

Helios System

Nero gently shifted some of the items in the trunk and picked up and placed one of the orbs carefully on the table in a holder he used for the Keystone. "These? Huh...The markings...I've never seen anything like this... It's not quite a keystone like object but..."

Terrisa hesitated for a moment when she saw what Mara had opened. She started to adopt a look that seemed sad as she remembered something of her own past that was relatively unpleasant to think about.
                  "Back! Sorry for the wait, but I have everything now. Alright let's begin shall we?" Kiara smiled softly.
                  Terrisa glanced up and her mood changed back to her ever cheery self.

Comment

Helios System

Mara noticed the sudden mood change of Terrisa, she knew it had to be related to her body, something the white haired was already used to be seen like. The moment she was about to ask about Terrisa´s mood, Kiara appeared

"Well, as I told Terrisa, my abdominal area needs some check up, but I can´t see from my point of view" she explained referring to her opened abdomen

"On the heart area, the tubes may need to be checked or replaced depending on their current state. My only concern is the time I would have with the lack of blood flow while replacing the tubes" the white haired said pointing at her blood tubes in the chest area

Spoiler:

Comment

Zone 12
                      Space

John was confused by Revere knowing his name, but right now, he had to stop him.

"Cortana, shut off the ship's sensors. I'll use my suit's. Shut off everything except for shields, thrusters, and guns. Make sure to remove the ship's limiters and bring up an energy gauge.", John said to Cortana as he broke off of formation, took a deep breath, and focused on Revere's ship.

"Got it.", Cortana said as she quickly did as John said.

Once Cortana altered the ship's limiters, she then brought up an energy gauge for the ship's crystal in John's HUD. John's fighter was now much more agile, durable and lethal. Time began to slow down for John as he continued to focus. As soon as he had Revere in his sights, he fired the ship's rapid-fire energy cannons.
                      sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Before he could finish speaking, the orb dicharged energy at Nero, knocking him back.

"I don't think it likes you." Mima said.

Venion System
                        Hyperion

The Reaper cut a hole in the roof of the building, leaping in, sealing the hole behind it. He was in a narrow hallway, turquoise lights illuminating it. It went through them, stopping at a door, which suddenly locked.

"Well, well, well." came a voice from above. "If it isn't the Reaper. I was wondering if someone was going to come for my bounty, but I didn't expect the likes of you."

"Grinne." The Reaper simply responded.

"The one and only. Now, security, deal with him, won't you?" the voice then crackled off, as the sound of footsteps began racing towards The Reaper. It readied it's bow, pulling back the energy string in waiting.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Zone 12
                          Space

"You're slow, old man." Revere dove over John's fire and fired one small burst at John like a fencing duelist landing a touch on his opponent.
                          Aion took the chance and maneuvered in behind him matching the acceleration of Revere's Fighter. "You bastard! Why are you here?!"
                          "You know why."
                          "What are you talking about?!"

----------------

Helios System

Nero fell behind the couch, his bandanna also fell off. From behind the couch, what seemed to be two fuzzy mouse ears the same color as Nero's hair appeared briefly before ducking down again and Nero's arm reached over the couch looking for his bandanna. His fingers finally found it and he quickly put it back on and crawled back over the couch. "Ha...at this point I'm used to things exploding in my face...and it's not just inanimate objects..."

Kiara smiled. "Don't worry, this is nothing new. We can easily replace the tubes and I'll fix up anything else. Just lay back and take this...It'll help slow your systems down to a near standstill so that I can do the procedure." She handed Mara a sort of pill. "It's effects are instant. It's actually used in combat for fake death. And again, this isn't new so this will be done with quickly. Your systems will naturally wake you when the procedure is done."

Comment

Zone 12
                            Space

(Not as old as you think...), John thought as he quickly fired the fighter's RCS thrusters and rolled to the side, dodging all of the incoming fire.

Once that was finished, John activated the RCS thrusters on the front of the fighter and screeched to a halt, causing Nevere to fly right past him.

John then activated the ship's thrusters and charged at Nevere's ship. It seemed that John was going to ram straight into him.
                            Last edited by S121; 10-13-2013, 02:19 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Mara was woorried wuth the idea of being in a fake death status, but she had to do it

"Ok then, here I go" she said taking the pill and swallowing it calmly

In less than a minute the white haired fell lost her balance "Damn.. it sure.. kicks quickly.." and soon she fell unconscious

Spoiler:

Comment

Sol Inceneron
                                Nhiome's base on inopia's moon

Nhiome finally finished installing everything. But installing them was one thing, calibrating and testing them was another. He would do that later, first he had greater concerns. He turned to conduct repairs on ShiroiKaze , he would repair KuroiKaze later. It had greater damage and would require more time for repairs as he needed to patch up or maybe even create an entirely new cargo area, the current one had a large hole through it. On the other hand, for ShiroiKaze all he needed to do was to repair the pulse cannon. As for the pulse cannon on KuroiKaze, he would probably need to install a new one.

Two hours later
                                Nhiome had fully repaired ShiroiKaze including the usual damage due to the high speeds... He really needed to create a way to shield against that. He also did the same minor repairs for FuyuKaze and NatsuKaze, he was already used to conducting repairs, hence the small amount of time it took, considering it was 3 ships.

He turned to consider KuroiKaze, he had already decided to give it a major overhaul, he planned to install something new in the cargo area. Despite Kamikaze being the most powerful ship in his fleet, he wanted KuroiKaze to be his flagship, it was his first and favorite ship, and after all, his entire fleet was patterned after it. Maybe he should also add in the shielding against high speeds and solar radiation. He decided on that course of action and went to compute and calculate the modifications he would have to make, this would also have the added side-effect of giving him a break, which he sorely needed after toiling on the ships for so long.
                                How many times can you die a day~?
                                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Working...
                                X