Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Zekai
    Bleh. Makes the list messy and confusing. I would've put Skari under Electricity as that is what she actually manipulates. She uses the static electricity passively generated by her body to perform her magic.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

The app said Lighting so that's what I placed her under. Don't blame me.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@TRXD

I did have a backstory for Aaron, but I felt that it should be in a spoiler as to not ruin the secret. Though, I couldn't figure out how to make a spoiler so I just didn't put it. I'll fix it as soon as I have access to a computer, which probably won't happen for another eight hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

@ Lunasa

[spoiler =] [/spoiler]
          remove the space between the word spoiler and =

you can also add something between the = and ] in the first tag as well.

for the lols

*doesn't care if goes through or not I just want to see reactions

Name: Morpheus
          Spoiler:

Race: Doppelganger

type of magic: ??? (Default is Dark art type - Able to phase into shadows to be unseen as well as drain a person's life force by touch)

Luggage:
          Basic supplies

Appearance:
          N/A

Rarely does he ever appear in his "default" form:
          Spoiler:

Combine this

with this

*Add large bat like wings*

Why did you come to the University?:
          *Tying things together* Drawn to Kiara's Pocket Watch.

Bio: A mysterious entity that exists, by default, as others. His purpose is unknown, let alone his capabilities.
          Well traveled and is actually wise to a certain degree, his cryptic speech tends to leave most confused.

Personality:
          Retains a certain mysterious aspect. Never gives a direct answer.

Other: He's a Doppelganger. Expect him to look like someone else.

Theme:

Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-21-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

@Lunasa
            If you don't want to reveal the backstory just yet, you don't have to. I was just saying that you will have to develop it as the RP progresses. Sometimes, hidden backstories that are revealed over time can be the better ones. Or ones that aren't revealed at all until much later. But those that are revealed for no apparent reason other than for the sake of revealing a backstory can be easily dismissed or disliked. *cough* Kyouko! *cough*

@Zekai
            Again. Bleh.

@Cucoo
            An unusual and cryptic shapeshifter. I'm not too sure on the very hazy powers and abilities section. "Default is Dark." Could you clarify what you mean by that? Does that mean that Morpheus adopts different powers or abilities (or just illusions of said abilities) when changing form? Or is it that Morpheus just a couple of sets of abilities like Dark, Shadow, etc.?
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@ TRXD

by the "Default is Dark" I meant the former. He becomes in appearance and ability the person he chooses.

Like if he turned into Kiara, he adopts her appearance, physical traits, and water manipulation.

If he was in his "true form" or "Default form" then his "default ability" is dark arts type magic.

When I think "Dark" magic I think of things that would be considered used more for "malicious" purposes. Like Alchemy, life drain, binding spells. That sort of stuff.
              Because his natural appearance is the form of someone else and not his "default" he won't be using it often.

Comment

@Cucoo
                He takes other people's powers and abilities on changing form? Like Ditto? That seems rather OP and against the rules. It's highly debatable on how to actually permit such a thing. If Morpheus didn't actually know how to use said abilities and only used them for show then it's a different story. This is something that'll have to be brought up with SUSTIC because I have no idea on how to deal with this.

Comment

How is it OP when someone has the exact same set of abilities?

Comment

@Cucoo
                    Imagine a game of chess. Both players have the exact same pieces and rules at hand. Due to this, both players know what each other's weak points are and what strategies they may take. Due to this, Morpheus can devise clever strategies to easily take down hi- its opponents. If Morpheus knows what it is doing and what its foe is doing, Morpheus could win almost all of its battles.
                    Also, you haven't specified a limit to Morpheus' abilities? Who's to say that he will morph into his target? If Morpheus was fighting Trista (assuming Trista is willing to fight and brave enough to stand up for herself), couldn't Morpheus just transform into Cygnus or some other character that Trista cares about and lower her defenses greatly?

Comment

He can turn into your physical appearance and adopt your abilities
                      He doesn't know what your thinking.

Think Dark Link.
                      Theoretically, what was supposed to be...
                      Dark Link fought Link with the same strengths...and the same weaknesses.

Link had to exploit your own weaknesses to win.
                      Take the same concept here.

He might have your strengths...but he also has your weaknesses.
                      And he does not know how you fight, as its still him that would be fighting.

Yes he would use strategies like what you mentioned with Trista in order to put himself at an advantage...but if you think about it...that's his only way of getting an upper hand. Aside from turning into someone that you would naturally be weak to.

Let me use Fire Emblem examples.

Let's say You are a knight in armor. You have high defense, low agility and resistance. Your natural enemies are mages (Resistance blocks magic...so low resistance means they're effective) and fast units (your low speed means you tend to miss fast units.

Morpheus turns into you, the knight.
                      It'll be a stand off of armor vs armor.
                      Now he could turn into a mage and deal more damage or turn into like a swordmaster and be able to evade your attacks.

Pro for mage: Damage
                      Con for mage: if you get hit, your dead due to mage low def.

Pro for swordmaster: Evade
                      Con: can't deal a lot of damage. and if you get hit your screwed.

That's the logic I'm looking at.

Comment

I´ll explain cucoo´s explanation easier

it makes a copy of your current abilities and it will always be an even match, the only way for you to beat the copy is by gaining more power during the battle since the copy only has a static level of power
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

Or know your own limits and exploit it.

His status will be of the time of copying, excluding if the person is dead.

Comment

Uh, what time is it in the IC? I can't tell anymore.

Comment

@Lunasa

Day 1 roughly Noon

Sent by Phone using Tapatalk
                              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Right, I lost track somewhere around the hundreth post?

Comment

Working...
                                X