Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys I have a little exercise for you all involving your characters. It's nothing big, important, or mandatory. Just something that could be done for fun, and could help us look into the minds/things of our characters and could help flesh out our characters a bit more. Please note that this is something that won't effect the plot, just a better look into the minds of our characters.

Now here is the exercise. I have a questionnaire that I will make for you guys right here in this post, and all I want is for people to fill it out. Like I said. This is NOT information that will be used for any mandatory stuff in the RP. Just something to be used to help find out how our characters think, and go a bit more in-depth with their personalities. You do NOT have do this questionnare thing though. This is just optional.

Questionnare:

Favorite Genre of Book: Essentially what kind of genre of books does your character have? Do they like mystery novels? Or do they probably prefer books about Romance? This could be any TYPE of book as well. It could be manga, straight up novels, or even US style comic books. Just what kind of genre of books does your character(s) prefer? (That is if they HAVE ANY!!!)

Favorite Book: Okay this is easy. What is your character(s) favorite book? (If they have a favorite book that is. Also must be a real book.)

Favorite Genre/Type of game: What type of game does your character like? Platformer? RPG? Hack'n'Slash? Shooter? As well as what kind of genre of game (like Horror, Action, Adventure) In short stuff like Action Adventure RPG, Hack'n'slash platformer. Various kind of stuff like that. (If they have any that is.)

Favorite Game: What is your character's favorite game of all time. The one they love most. (IF THEY HAVE ANY. Must also be a real game.)

Favorite Movie Genre: What is your character's favorite genre of film? Horror? Romance? Action? Comedy? Thriller? Any combination of genres (like Horror Comedy as an example. Also that is IF they have any favorite movie genre.)

Favorite Movie of all time: What is their favorite movie? (IF THEY HAVE ANY. Also must be a real movie.)

Favorite Genre/type of Music:

Okay that is all. Try to answer these as true to your character's personalities. What do you think your characters? (Doesn't mean you yourself.) Also better yet, fill out this questionnare as though your character's themselves are answering the questions (in an interview sort of style.) That is if you want to.

REMEMBER THIS IS OPTIONAL!!!
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-23-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

the answers should be of our real life favorite things? like for example, my all time favorite is Back to the future trilogy
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Favorite Genre of Book: Poetry

Favorite Book: The tale tale heart

Favorite Genre/Type of game: RPG

Favorite Game: the elder scrolls series

Favorite Movie Genre: N/A Does not watch Movies

Favorite Movie of all time: N/A Does not watch movies.

Edit

Favorite Genre/type of Music: She enjoys both classical music and death metal equily
        Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 05-23-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

@Kristia

No. What do you think your character's favorite things would be. Not your own. Try and get into the mind of your character. Try and find out what genre's and stuff they like.

Comment

To answer SUSTIC's questions (as I still have yet to sleep), here's my answers for Trista:

Favourite Book Genre: Fantasy or Adventure. Trista loves the innumerable amounts of adventure and worlds that may exist in literature. Worlds filled with wonders and mystery. Some worlds as great and even far greater than her own. If she were to live in our world, Trista would definitely be a fan of the likes of Harry Potter, Discworld, and various other fantasy novels including maybe Lord of the Rings.
            Fun fact: In the last iteration of TSU, Trista was a fan of a fantasy book series called "Sally Fletcher" or "The Tales of Sally Fletcher". This was a book series that was basically Harry Potter mixed with fantasy and other adventure novels. It was only ever briefly mentioned and has since not been touched upon. I'm not joking. Go look!

Favourite Book: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. An oddball indeed but one that she would rather enjoy.

Favourite Genre or Type of Game: Trista more easygoing in terms of video games. She almost never plays the things and usually only plays on her phone or on a friend's console/PC. Fact: Trista has never personally owned a PC or a games console. Naturally, she is very ill-experienced in games; especially the more fast-paced games like Shooters, Action, Rhythm, and even ARPGs. Trista much prefers more relaxed games or slower paced games like puzzle games and adventure games (specifically ones that you may find being made in RPG Maker).

Favourite Game: Either Picross, Puzzle and Dragons, or To The Moon (Trista would get infinite feels from that game though).

Favorite Movie Genre: Romance, Fantasy, or Kids Animated. Most things that apply to her tastes in books similarly apply to movies. While Trista almost never goes to movie theaters, she still likes the idea of watching some of her favourite novel series as they are translated onto the big screen. Fortunately, Trista buys DVDs and Blu-rays of movies where possible so she rarely misses out on a movie (she's only ever late to the party). But, unlike her taste in books, Trista has a secret little adoration for sappy romance movies and kids' movies. If she were real, Trista would not hesitate on the idea of watching all the Pokémon movies. Even though she would probably never play Pokémon.

Favourite Movie: Pokémon Forever

Favourite Genre of Music: Trista's musical tastes are ones that have yet to fully develop. While she dislikes modern pop, rap, and dance/trance; Trista has never truly found a favourite type of music. Of the kinds of music that Trista has sampled, she has been known like J-Pop (the cliché idol group kind), Orchestral, and Jazz. Trista rarely listens to music as it has little effect on her. A driving dance beat would not get her pumped. Similarly, the aggressive and thrashing sounds of metal would not make her get pumped either. If anything, the yelling and aggressive guitar playing would only serve to confuse or disorient the girl.
            Despite all this, it is said that Trista would greatly love the sound of slower paced, calming music. Specifically nocturnes or lullaby-like melodies.

@Kristia
            While that may be the case for your character (as she IS you), other people's characters have at least some manner of deviation or uniqueness to them. A good number of characters do take after their creators but a sign of a well-made and fully fleshed character is one that the creator knows inside and out without having to make said character a carbon-copy of themselves. This is why SUSTIC came up with this idea. To allow people to flesh out their characters, including their interests and personalities.
            While Trista takes a lot after myself (in many ways), she is also very different to me. Believe me when I say that I don't like books or literature as much as Trista does, or that I rarely watch movies.
            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 05-23-2015, 10:11 AM.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Favorite Genre of Book:
              Zero - Hate reading
              Raylin - Manga is fun to read
              Amata - I'm a light novel type if person
              Ryofu - Reading............. sleepy
              Sonya - I love reading so I read a large variety of them

Favorite Book:
              Zero - Have none
              Raylin - I can't pick one
              Amata - Never thought about it
              Ryofu - zzzzzzzzzzzz
              Sonya - Mainly magic and alchemy types

Favorite Genre/Type of game:
              Zero - Never been a fan of gaming
              Raylin - Hm............ RPG maybe?
              Amata - Card base ones are good
              Ryofu - What's............. game?
              Sonya - Haven't played that many of them to be honest

Favorite Game:
              Zero - None
              Raylin - Hm......... I just enjoy playing so I got none
              Amata - Never thought of it
              Ryofu - ..................?
              Sonya - I don't remember the name of the games I played so I couldn't say

Favorite Movie Genre:
              Zero - Never made time to watch any
              Raylin - ACTION WITH EXPLOSIONS!!!!
              Amata - Raylin always dragged to watch movies so I would have to go with Action
              Ryofu - ............ Romance............. it's nice
              Sonya - I'll have to admit that I'm a sucker for the happy ending types

Favorite Movie of all time:
              Zero - None, since I don't watch them
              Raylin - Fast and Furious series
              Amata - If I had to choose.............. Any disaster movie. I like all of them
              Ryofu - .........Don't remember...........
              Sonya - I've seen so many I can't remember
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Sorry for the delay, was too busy dealing with Deathclaws in New Vegas

Favorite Genre of Book: Kris has a varied library of tastes when it comes to books, from biology to cosmology, from novels to thrillers, even engineering to psychology. The redhead enjoys reading books for the fact of the knowledge they give, the stories they share, the characters´ fictional souls that can connect with the readers. She reads books to enter to their world.

Favorite Book: All Souls trilogy, but the very first of them called Discovery of Witches shows how the magical world and the human world mix together, there is romance, science, astrology, psychology, and a myriad of other elements inside this book where the protagonist main joy is the search for knowledge.

Favorite Genre/Type of game: The wolf didn´t have video games since the only source of energy was solar and focused on the survival of its home inhabitants, but she did play a lot with dolls making adventures of role-play thanks to her books.

Favorite Game: As above, there were no video games, but role-playing with the inspiration coming from her books. Her favorite one was making adventures with her dolls, sometimes it would be a perilous quest for a treasure, or sometimes the assault against a powerful demon. The redhead´s games of role had imagination that went to heights all the way to the moon and back.

Favorite Movie Genre: Surprisingly, the wolf´s mother and father enjoyed movies, so the girl managed to see the present and past classics from varied genres. While some genres like terror and dramas weren´t on her favorite list, the ones of suspense, mystery, sci-fi and fantasy were always on her top lists. Those four genres were her favorite with how they could even act together.

Favorite Movie of all time: There was a movie that the redhead loved since the first time she saw it, it was Back to the Future trilogy, it combined both science fiction with mystery while also giving comedy, each of those three movies had their own highlights and downsides, but they were perfectly balanced for the wolf.

Edited and I had a perfect chance to introduce Kris´ instrument

Favorite genre of music: There weren´t many options for Kris to enjoy the varied types of music, but thanks to her father, she managed to carve flutes and play with them, she then later came to hear similar music to the one of hers when a caravan passed close to her home, this group of people taught her the Celtic music, which was extremely rare since she lived in Russia, although on the western areas of it. Sometimes when she feels calm enough or when her emotions try to get the best of her, the wolf would take her flute and just let the emotions flow through her instrument.
                Spoiler:
                http://dev.cedarmountaindrums.com/images/Flute_BH_RCF.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz3QSfJiuc
                Last edited by Kristia; 05-23-2015, 01:43 AM.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

OH YEAH I FORGOT!!!

I added a new question to the questionnare. One that I forgot to add. It's simple. Just Favorite Genre of Music. Feel free to update your filled out questionnare's if you so wish to do so. You don't have to, but still.

Comment

And my edition is done, thank you SUS for letting me introduce the wolf´s instrument

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh yeah just something minor but I'm also working on filling out the questionnare for the following:

Drake

Dave

and Andrew

along with one NPC, and one teacher of anyone's choice.

Comment

Also sorry for double posting, but me and S1 decided to develop the world of TSU a bit more. So anyone got any new possible locations/shop/store ideas in the districts?

Oh and please note that I am working on a new location that ISN'T on campus.

Comment

you can start with parks, work and restaurant districts, a museum

Spoiler:

Comment

I picture something like a Museum to be outside of the Campus and in the city neighboring the University (with said city being 80 miles away [which is at least/most an hour drive without traffic.]) Parks maybe, restaraunt district already exist, just need to add locations for it. A small park of sorts on campus (not with a playground, more like a traditional park with benches, some nice grassy clearings and some sidewalks. Maybe some vending machines.) So those are not out of the question.

Comment

posty post has been made

Edit: @ sus. I hate to keep bringing this up but did you ever make a thingy explaining all the races?

Comment

@Tewi

Dammit sorry Tewi. I haven't yet :/ Been too focused with other RP's, Mumble, playing games, and some rather important things lately. Whenever I have the time TO work on it, I always forget about it. I'll try and work on it again. Just right now with TSU I'm beginning to get fed up with everyone stuck at Orientation, of which this whole ordeal was supposed to happen within a FEW MINUTES (remember, Orientation was said to start like 2-3 in-game/RP time.) Yet due to MY OWN FUCKING IDIOCY.

I caused things to essentially last a lot longer than they should.

Other things out of my control in the RP happened like a fight between 2 of Wriggle's characters that, despite the fight having had ended, still has fucked up the time-frame in the RP (no matter how short the fight was, it had to have gone on for more than 3 minutes) among other things.

Also due to my stupidity of NOT pointing out anything, and managing the RP (OF WHICH I AM THE GM. I HAVE NO REASON NOT TO MANAGE MY OWN RP) things are just taking far too long. There is already more chaos in the IC of this REVAMP of TSU than the previous incarnation of TSU on the forums. Things feel like they are taking way longer, and technically in the RP...

WE HAVEN'T MADE IT PAST THE FIRST IN-GAME HOUR. That is ridiculous. I'm really beginning to lose faith in my own goddamn prowess and capabilities of a GM of an RP. I really am beginning to think that I am not meant to host an RP.

This is the 12th VERSION OF TSU THAT I'VE EVER MADE, and this REVAMP is already going to shit because of me and we have had like no progress. So guys can we please focus on getting Orientation good and done with so we can actually continue and proceed with the RP? If not then I'm tempted to just give full control over everything of the RP to the community like what happened with ATWAG, and just turn my characters into NPC's because I am just beginning to think I can't run this and that this RP might just die because of me.

I know I am REALLY beating myself up about this and it's not entirely all my fault at all. I'm just beginning to get fed up with being stuck within technically the first hour of IN-GAME TIME.

Comment

Working...
                                X