X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can send Zoe to the seal and ice magicians
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@sus

Just missing Lotus who has to be roomed with Selene.

P.S. S1 I believe ye were the next to post with Jason (?). I'll be able to post after if that is the case
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 06-20-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

@SUS

I was typing my post when Wriggle posted so don't get made that I have a post after you made the reserve.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I don't see a problem since your post shouldn't get in the way of anything he's doing.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Speaking of posts, I'm completely stuck right now.

I did not acknowledge Wriggle's portal until much too late and it has now completely thrown me out of whack. You see, I thought the beam of red light was just a beam of red light. Nothing more. I didn't realise that a FREAKING PORTAL spawned from it. As a result, it wasn't until a short while ago that I found out about the portal. As a result, I've got nothing for Trista. And I highly doubt that I could simply let me girl mosey on while a FREAKING PORTAL was active in her immediate vicinity prior to being dismissed by Seki.

So, if you were wondering as to where I've been, this is why. I wasn't away. I wasn't busy. I'm stuck. Again.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

D:

Don't worry, things should clear up soon though with how Orientation can now begin real soon.

Comment

I talked to Pringles who wants his character to be more integrated into the story so I'm making this character since it's fun to make apps.

Grace Yi - Twister of Dimensions
                Spoiler:

Name: Grace Yi

Race: The Distorted

Bio:
                Spoiler:

"I'm sorry, honey... I could not win the battle against this terrible disease..."

Cha Won "Grace" Yi heard her father's last words as she laid in the Pacific Ocean, dying. She began with nothing, and was left with nothing in her death in the ocean. If she doesn't drown to death, the excessive bleeding through a hole that replaces her left eye surely will take her life. Faced with the last seconds of her life, Grace began seeing flashbacks that was only a few seconds long but felt like an eternity...

Grace was born in a family of a Korean father and an American mother. Other than the fact that the mother used to do cocaine in her youth, the family was very happy. It was until when Grace was 14 that the family split apart. The father, who worked as an accountant, was afflicted with a terrible and rare disease that left him bedridden. Realizing that the husband cannot support the family anymore, instead of taking the role of the breadwinner of the family, the mother fled to America, leaving 14 year old Grace to quit school and work to keep the family from falling apart and collapsing. Their unsympathetic relatives did next to nothing to help the family, and eventually Grace's father drew his last breath when Grace became 15.

Grace's misfortune continued at the father's funeral. After the funeral was over, Grace was confronted by some of the father's relatives who demanded Grace to take responsibility for the debt Grace's father owed them to pay for his medical treatment. They even began fighting among themselves to decide who takes the better portion of the father's will, which states that everything in his possession would go to Grace. If Grace's paternal grandmother did not stop those relatives, she most likely would've been hurt by those lunatic relatives.

Grace fled to America in search of her mother the very next day after her father's funeral. She started off in Los Angeles, where Grace's father first met Grace's mother, hoping that the mother would've returned there. Fortunately, Grace found her mother soon enough, but by the time she found her she had already married to another man, went through long and complicated divorce process, reached out to cocaine again, and became very violent and irritable. She took Grace in grudgingly, but she grew extremely abusive towards Grace. She was often locked inside cramped spaces without food or water for hours, if not days. She was routinely beaten with various objects for numerous reasons, few of the most ludicrous being 'because she looked at them wrong' or 'because she was breathing too loudly'. When Grace's mother found out that Grace had a bit of fortune left by her deceased father 3 years into Grace's adoption, she didn't hesitate to plan on killing Grace to seize the fortune.

Grace overheard her mother's plan to murder her, and tried escaping on foot towards the ocean. Grace's flight was heard, however, when she knocked over a bunch of unwashed dishes sprawled across the floor. The chase went on and Grace was able to keep a decent distance away from her maniac of a mother. Her efforts unfortunately went to spoils when she ran into a dead end: the edge of a coastal cliff. After trapping Grace to not let her escape, Grace's mother drew out a pistol and fired.

The bullet struck Grace's left eye, knocking her down the cliff towards her inevitable death.

"You're a strong girl, Grace; I know you can survive. I'll be cheering for you in the heavens..."

"And I hope... you'll forgive your old man... for not being the dad that you deserve..."

"Father..." Grace uttered her last words as she closed her eyes and drew her last breath...

Or so she thought. Sounds of the gently rolling waves and cries of the seagulls woke Grace up from what felt like an eternity of sleep. She rose from where she was laying to find that she have disembarked on an island with sandy beach, boulders of strange shapes, and a small patch of forest further inland. She instinctively reached for her left eye to find that it was still missing, but she didn't bleed out of it anymore.

Something compelled Grace to go deeper into the island. Subconsciously, she took careful steps towards the forest, despite not knowing where this place was.

She eventually ended up at a clearing in the middle of the forest where a large gateway made of carved stones stood proudly and mysteriously. Curious Grace took a closer look at the stones of the gate to find that there was an undecipherable language written on the stones, almost like a hieroglyph. It must've been built eons ago, as vines and moss covered the bottom half of the surface. The gate was at least a few meters taller than Grace, emanating a mystic aura.

"I wonder what this is?" Grace asked herself as she turned around.

Then she saw it.

It took the form of a bulbous man-shaped figure with a large, rough white hair that surrounded its' illuminated face covered by a bronze mask with three holes punched through it. It was twice as tall as Grace, and it wore a gray wool robe adorned with a red tabard, a set of gloves made of materials that Grace did not know the name of, and red wool pants that revealed its wooden pegs.

Its' otherworldly appearance caused Grace to freeze in track, unable to even come with a proper reaction. Thankfully, it broke the silence first before Grace could do anything.

"Hello." It greeted Grace by projecting its' thoughts into Grace's mind. "Are you lost?"

That's when Grace responded with a scream.

"No need to scream." It tried to calm Grace down, but terrified Grace stepped back twice as it took a step.

"W-w-what are you?!" Grace half-asked and half-shouted, demanding an answer.

"I am me," It answered cryptically. "But I am also you. I am what mortals call the world, or the universe. Or God. Or everything. Or nothing. Or real. Imaginary. Impossible. I can be looked forward too, or be in the past. Or yellow. I can be concrete, or can be abstract..."

"But you may call me Almetas."

"Almetas..." Grace muttered to herself, repeating the name. It oddly sounded very familiar, even though she have never heard of it. "I have a question."

"You may ask." Almetas chimed, giving permission for Grace to quench her curiosity.

"Who REALLY are you? Where am I? Am I dead? What is this portal for? Are-"

"That's three too many to be considered 'a question.'" Almetas pointed out. Grace fidgeted and stopped talking, which amused Almetas enough for him to emit a quick laugh. "But I shall be generous enough to answer them all."

"Firstly, I am known as Master of Dimensions. I drift from a dimension to another gathering information to be cataloged in my home. I was at the third dimension, as you mortals like to call it, when I saw you bleeding to death in the ocean. Yes. You are dead, by definition. However, you showed a lot of promise to be of use for me, so I took your soul out of the cycle of life and invited you to my home: this island." Almetas answered. However, it left more questions than answers.

"What do you mean, pull me out of cycle of life? Am I in the heaven or something?" Grace's questions would never end at this rate.

"How about I show you instead?" Almetas offered as he put his hands as a pyramid and focused on keeping it a pyramid as hard as he could. Seconds later, the stone gateway began crackling with purple energy as a crack in the dimension formed within. Almetas let go of his pyramid when the crack grew and expanded all the way until it filled the entire gateway with a portal that was gleaming with blue cosmic energy. "Hop in."

"What will happen if I do?" Grace inquired, anxious about what appeared in front of her suddenly.

"Don't worry, you will not perish." Almetas assured Grace, pointed at the portal, then vanished without a trace right in front of Grace.

With Almetas gone, Grace looked at the portal which "stared" back at her ominously. There was no way Grace could know what will happen when she crosses the portal, so the outcome was in the unknown. However, Almetas' claim that she was already dead meant that Grace had nothing to lose. After taking a deep breath, she jumped into the portal-

Grace appeared near where she was doomed to die: the edge of a cliff where she was shot. Returning to the place made her hole of a left eye sting as she looked around with her normal right eye. There was nothing that changed, except that she was not there at the edge of the cliff and her mother was walking back with a pistol stuffed in her pocket. She was sent forward a few seconds after she fell in the ocean.

"Now go."

Almetas' voice shocked Grace, who turned back to confirm his location. He was large, and did not do well in hiding at all.

"Go? What do you mean?" Grace whispered, keeping her eye on her mother. "And stop saying things so loudly. She might hear you."

"Hear me? Child, you do not know a thing about me." Almetas chuckled. "I can render myself invisible to everything, and choose who I want to be visible towards. My speeches are also injected directly into your mind; it is only your voice you need to worry about."

"Okay. So what do you mean by go?" Grace repeated her first question.

"Do you not wish to enact vengeance against someone who killed the old you?" Almetas questioned Grace's motives. "Like I tried to explain, I found potential for you to become Twister of Dimensions, a manifestation of my vast power in this dimension. However, one cannot become a manifestation of my power without learning how to use my powers. Obtain your sweet revenge; I shall guide you."

"Are you asking me to kill my mother?" Grace doubtfully asked.

"She killed you without hesitation." Almetas said in a matter of fact way.

"But it's wrong to-" Grace tried to argue, but she went into a deep train of thought. Over the years, she went through hardships and abuse, all because of her mother, the woman that is walking away from a blatant crime without a hint of regret on her face. Some sort of rage began boiling inside her; if not for her, her life would've been better. She won't have died. She would still be among the living.

More importantly, her father could've still been alive.

It was still wrong to kill her own mother, though. Even though she was abusive and uncaring, Grace's mother still gave birth to Grace. Without her mother, Grace would not have existed. Grace reached for Almetas and whispered something to him unaudibly. Almetas nodded, and formed a pyramid with his hands. Within seconds, Grace became invigorated with not only the spatial magic that Almetas controls, but also the knowledge of how to use it.

The next few seconds were blank memory for Grace. As rage overflowed, her outward appearance began changing. Her hair, which was a warm shade of brown before, has been bleached to the purest shade of silver. The rag of a dress that her mother tossed at her to wear since the beginning of her abused life burned away, replaced with a fresh, white dress of exact same design, gleaming with light. She left where she was hiding as if she was possessed. When Grace's mother turned around to see her daughter, outward appearance changed but recognizable because of the empty left eye socket, it was too late for her. Grace, who before did not know that magic even existed, flicked her finger to remotely knock the pistol out of her mother's hand, then proceeded to crush her mother. It looked a lot like Darth Vader's death grip from Star Wars, as Grace's extended hand caused her mother to grasp her throat as if someone's choking her while being levitated off the ground. Grace's mother had a terrified look on her face as Grace decided to bring the finishing blow-

"That's good enough."

Almetas stopped Grace's magic by severing the tide of magical energy between him and Grace. Released from her daughter's grasp, Grace's mother shuffled back and tried to escape. Almetas formed a pyramid with his hands and, after a second or two, Grace's mother was teleported away to her house from where she was.

"I... I can't kill her. Even though she killed me out of greed." Grace confessed to Almetas. "I can't bring myself down to her level."

"You need not worry. It is perhaps better off this way." Almetas comforted Grace, his giant hands placed on Grace's heavy shoulders.

"What will happen to her?" Grace asked, her eyes drifting towards the horizon.

"She will live on with no memory of you. She will not recognize you; she will not remember you. It will be as if you are not part of her life." Almetas answered, letting go of his hands as he too stared beyond the ocean. "What will you do now?"

Grace contemplated when Almetas asked the question. She had several options as to where she can go from here. It wasn't guaranteed, however, that they were good options. She could go back to Korea, but the threat of her relatives stalking her for money is high. Another option is to stay in America, but without anyone she knew that could help her, her future was uncertain.

"What do you think I should do?" Grace queried back.

"As you are now part of a greater magical community, it is necessary to have you accustomed to your new power." Almetas suggested. "Trinity Soul University is a magical university ran by good friends of mine; they can teach you more about the magic I gave you."

"Why can't you teach me instead?" Grace raised an eyebrow doubtfully.

"I could..." Almetas shrugged. "But that won't be fun, would it?"

Gender: Female. However, she despises being a female because of her mother's abuse.

Magic type: Spatial Manipulation

Grace has an uncanny ability to manipulate the physical aspects of space within an area and whatever's inside the area. The manipulations include, but are not limited to, distorting, bending, crushing, flipping, and even creating and destroying. This omnipotent-sounding magic is especially effective against close quarter combatants as Grace can laugh at their face while she flips the platform they're standing on upside down or slow them down to the point that they are moving at a snail's speed. She can also take a projectile and bounce it off into a different angle by creating a pocket dimension inside the designated space.

There are some limitations to Grace's abilities. Firstly, while she can manipulate physical things inside a given area, she cannot destroy physical things. She can apply a lot of pressure to an object, but at Grace's level of ability, she can only crush small things like a single grape or a cherry; other objects with harder shells are impossible at her current level.

Another limitation is that it takes a long time for Grace to set up the area. Areas within her vicinity (5 meter radius around her and above her; forming a half-sphere) are always active for Grace to take control of; but to set a 20m x 20m x 5m rectangular area beyond her surroundings for manipulation, Grace must focus on the area for at least 5 seconds. In theory, Grace needs a second of focus to gain control of a space with a volume of 40 m3.

Luggage:

Grace's wardrobe is very suave. She wears a white dress shirt with a vest of darker color and a black jacket over it, with a matching suit pants, necktie, and dress hoes. She has jeans of dark blue color for casual occasions, in which she matches with a darker colored dress shirt. Under all that, Grace wears a sarashi to bind and flatten her breasts.

She also dons herself with an eyepatch to cover up her left eye... or the absence of her left eye, per se.

Grace wears a lot of contact lenses; so her eye color varies from red, gold, blue, green, turquoise, white... this is for the video game streaming she does regularly. Her favorite is the blue.

She has a laptop for her personal use, but she plans on buying a new computer for streaming within the first week of school.
                Appearance:

Spoiler: aAaAaAa

Why did you come to this university:

To master her new power so that accidents like that in the bio does not happen again.

Personality:

Grace puts on a facade of being cheerful and friendly, but in reality she is very antisocial because of years of isolation and abuse as well as having a lack of parental figures. She gets irritated easily, but doesn't show it on the outside. She holds on to all the stress and emotions she feels until she is alone, then she does dangerous things to herself to let it go.

Other:

Grace cross-dresses, because of the abuse done by her mother skewing her perspective about being portrayed as the descendant of the same woman who abused her. She doesn't want people who see her to see her mother through her, so she wears a sarashi to bind her breasts and wears man's clothes, mostly suit.

sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

OH YEAH I FORGOT WRIGGLE!

I may have given you approval on Mumble, but I forgot to tell you that I approve your app. So your app is accepted, but remember. I do wish for an NPC app for Altmetas or however you say his name.

Comment

I find it curious that there is a reservation and no one noticed to the point of someone else making another reservation

EDIT: The first one erased its reservation, so it is fine, just don't make it a habit
                    Last edited by Kristia; 06-23-2015, 03:03 PM.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Blame SUS, he'll make a reserve and forget about it for like a few days.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

It's not that I goddamn forgot with TSU or other RP's. Half the time when I make reserve posts it's because I'm stuck on TRYING TO COME UP WITH A POST!!!

Seriously you all know how I tend to have bad writer's blocks with certain things in RP's. Half the time when I make a reserve post in an IC, I get stuck while trying to think of a response for the RP.

Doesn't help that lately I've been having:

A severe lack of sleep (within the past 3 days I probably have only gotten about 8 hours of sleep total, of which people should get the recommended 6-7 hours of sleep a day. Blame this new medication I'm on which I have stopped taking starting today.)

Been trying to work on helping with a neighborhood block party which is gonna start in about 3 days.

Oh and the fact that the chaos that has happened in the TSU IC has kinda left not just myself, but even S1 and TR confused (even though part of the chaos was started by me then made worse by others. Though I'm not trying to blame anyone.)

Also been feeling rather depressed, been having a lot of thunderstorms these past few weeks, and have been trying to take care of a new kitten that we have adopted. Which likes to play... and be a cute little nuisance.

Anyways sorry if I 'forget' about reserves. At least 65-75% of the time with Reserve's I don't post within the 12-24 time limit for reserve posts is because of writer's block, which with TSU... is really a big problem. Hell even S1 and TR are both having problems with trying to think of posts for TSU. By the time I get even close to thinking of a reserve though, people tend to bring up that my reserve is up... usually in Mumble. Next time I make reserve's in TSU how about I actually mention the approximate amount of time I hope to get a post done?

Like say...

<Reserving Post: May take a 24 hours or longer due to Writer's Block>

Would that help?

Either way the moral of this post is that I don't forget about my reserves in TSU. I just can't post within the time limit of the posts due to Writer's Block.

Also we MIGHT need to put the RP on pause (despite how slow it is) due to one thing.

Tewi (troublexassassin) hasn't been on in almost a week, and no one in the community (so far) seems to no where she is at all. Since everyone's characters are within the same general vicinity (the TSU campus. Those heading to the infirmary aren't even like 5-6 minutes away from the Orientation area) so we will need to probably keep the RP on pause just until further notice. That or we just post even slower, and try not to advance with the RP too much.

Comment

@Zekai

To be fair though his last reserve post was the last post on the page, and not even two minutes after his reserve you made a post (trust me, I even checked the time of his reserve before he deleted it.) Like literally not even two minutes. Not saying you did it on purpose at all, but when it happened it's understandable that he forgot about it this time as it just sort of got covered up by your post.

Like I said not saying it's your fault or you did it on purpose. There's almost no way you made that last post of yours in the IC within less than 2 minutes and posted just to mess with him. Like no way you could have done that. You must have been working on the post when he posted the reserve, and just got done with it 2 minutes after his reserve. So total accident there, but the fact that his last reserve (before he deleted it today) was the last post on the page, and the post you made was put as the first post on a new page. So it's actually somewhat understandable if he did forget his post. As it had gotten buried, and with the stuff he's been doing lately IRL... well I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
                            Next time I make reserve's in TSU how about I actually mention the approximate amount of time I hope to get a post done?

Like say...

<Reserving Post: May take a 24 hours or longer due to Writer's Block>

Would that help?
                            That would be helpful actually because we could (or should) understand the situation. Again, as I have said in other cases it isnīt needed to make a long paragraph about what is going on, just something that the users can understand.

About the writerīs block, again, it is all right if you ask for help, you donīt need to have all the weight to control the whole thing and getting guidance/suggestions/whatever is ok.

As for pausing the RP, that is your choice since you are the GM

Spoiler:

Comment

Uhhhhh, so, I'll be away until the 13th of next month due to being on vacation in Europe. I'll have very limited access (like now, I'm typing this is the airport at Frankfurt, Germany) so I give control of Cecilia to Wriggle. He is the only one I trust who can handle it so yeah. I'm not sure when or if I'll have free wifi next so this may or may not be my last post for a while until I get back.

Comment

I love you Flan have a safe trip <3
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X