Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sacred Treasure: Legends of the Sea IC (A pirate themed Fantasy RP.)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Seas

The mermaid giggled, thinking he was joking. "Ah, that can't be right! Shouldn't all humans know how to swim?" Venus studied his face and saw he was not lying. The boy would not be strong enough to swim against the currents either way. "You really can't swim, huh... I'll help you learn. The nearest island... Is over there." The mermaid pointed off in the direction of an island that was populated, known mainly as New Leaf Island. She would bring him to a more remote location on the beach to live, walking distance from the town she so often spied upon, wishing to know why so many humans gather there and how they prosper. "And on our way, maybe you can tell me more about these potions." She swam back to the rock, holding out her hand. "I promise not to drown you. You actually interest me, human. I also do need the help of a human, dare I admit it, but I do not know much about the sailors who call themselves pirates and treasure hunters."

Comment

The Great Seas

Aeneas had every reason not to trust this mermaid. However, if he was to deny her hand, multiple things could happen. Best case scenario, the mermaid leaves him alone on that rock and hopefully he finds a ship that can rescue him. Worse case scenario... well he gets eaten. However, how can he trust someone who just ate one of his friends' arm off?

"I... okay." Aeneas made up his mind by holding onto the mermaid's hand, reluctantly so. If he was to die one way or another, might as well take the chance of possible survival. "You can take me to wherever you wish... until then, if you have any questions about potions... don't hesitate to ask me... Y- y- you don't have to, of course..."
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

The Great Seas

The mermaid smiled, holding him up so he wouldn't drown, swimming towards the closest part of the island, an isolated beach. "Ah, no, I want to know all about these potion things!" Venus tilted her head, blinking a few times before thinking of a question. "Once I read in a book that there's this word aphrodisiac... It had some pretty pictures on the cover but that word confused me so I threw it away. What does that word mean? And does it have a potion?" The mermaid's lack of knowledge on a lot of words showed just how cut off from everything she was, considering she was part of the few mermaids who still acted from instinct instead of adapting to help the humans. "Oh please, please explain it to me! You seem to know a lot of things!"

They were almost at the shoreline thanks to the powerful tail Venus possessed. The beach was only a few meters away, abandoned with a cave filled with water, a cave Venus knew well. She decided to bring Aeneas to the cave where she spent most of her time resting in between spying sessions. The cave was not very large, the pool of water only around 10 meters in diameter with a large ledge that surrounded it. "Oh and, what might your name be? I don't think you ever told me."

Comment

Venus' Cave | New Leaf Island

As Venus approached a small grotto on an island, Aeneas could feel his face getting hotter when Venus mentioned the elusive love potion: Aphrodisiac. Allegedly, drinking this magical potion or applying it to the skin allows anyone to buckle down to their inner lust. It's a complicated potion; with its recipe written in only the most advanced of potion books... whatever book Venus found must be one potent potion recipe book; shame that she threw it away.

"Aphrodisiac?" Aeneas stuttered, embarrassed that he have to even discuss about it. "Well it's... it's a potion that you drink or apply on your skin. It... makes your body sensitive and prone to being overtaken by lust. It's a potion with really hard recipe; no wonder you had a hard time reading it. It's a shame you tossed it away."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

"Lust, huh?" Helping him up onto the ledge before sitting next to him, she stared at him and tilted her head. "Oh, so that's what that stuff was all about, huh? Well, I think I threw it out on the beach. Maybe you can make one and I can see how good your potions are!" She leaned close and teasingly smirked. "Maybe you'll even use it on me at some point..." Venus laughed, shaking her head before gesturing around them. "Now then, will this be suitable for your living quarters? We will have to buy the necessary things for human life, such as a place of rest, a fire pit... Uhm... What else is in a normal human's living place?" The mermaid was helpless when it came to basic information about humans, seeing as she ignored them for the longest time. "I do have a few small bags of gold coins I looted from some sailors if that helps you." The small bags were all tossed into a corner against the wall, some of the gold dull from falling out of the bags. "Is that the currency you humans use?"

Comment

"Y- yeah! They're called Meseta. Particularly, that's a Gold Meseta: a more valuable version." Aeneas kindly explained the gold coins Venus held up, still a bit nervous due to the fact that Venus can easily chew him up like a dog's bone and toss him aside if she grew bored of him. "If you'd allow me, I can go out and buy whatever I need. B- b- but, if you think I might betray you and run away, you don't have to send me... I'll be fine just living like this, although I won't be able to make any potions..."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Chime Plaza | Bell Town, New Leaf Island

This situation just went from bad, to worse. Only four people now, with the stuff to make traps... but three entrances to the plaza, and no way to split the supplies among each other in time. The sheer thought and realization that Cale pointed out was truly making things a bit more tense. Cale tried his hardest to come up with a Plan B, but he was finding it rather hard to do so while under so much stress.

"Damn... I do have one idea... But it would leave one person without any solid materials for traps... Maybe if one of us takes the oil, and the other takes the nails. We can make individual traps with those. Though one person will be left to handle things without any real backup... It might be our only way." Cale replied as he just sighed, it wasn't the best plan but it is the only other plan any of them has came up with.

Comment

The mermaid blinked for a moment, tapping a finger against her chin before shaking her head a little. "I will let you go and buy all the things you would need to live comfortably here and make potions." Her eyes searched his face for any signs of betrayal but she could only find fear. Venus slipped back into the water, looking out at the ocean. "I trust you, you... You aren't like other humans... The beach right outside this cave, the book is probably in the sand somewhere. I want you to find that as well and make the potion. This will prove that I can fully trust you to help me." The mermaid ran a hand through her hair, smiling. "I want you to transform this cave as soon as possible though, as this will be your home as well as my own." Waving her hand, she smiled, sending him off with an eerie message, "I'll be watching from the sea, I want to see all the stuff you end up with."

Comment

Leave one path without any booby trap material... Phoebe didn't know how well each of her volunteers fought, but she wasn't willing to risk any of them to face a couple of brigands without something to tip the scale to their favor... unless...

"Then I will defend the middle path without any oil or nail." Phoebe announced, pointing at the largest path to the plaza. "I can create my own distractions. Miss Lizzy and Koishi, I assume you two are traveling together, so you two will pair up and take the east. Mister Cale, you take the left side. I will leave you three to decide on who takes what."

"O-okay." Aeneas nodded as he took the pouch of gold Mesetas and began trekking towards the nearest populated area.

Aeneas had to walk for nearly an hour to arrive at a dinky little coastal hamlet called Initia Village with only very rudimentary shops. According to the villagers, a large town called Chime Town was about another hour's worth of walk from the village that sold various things including apothecaries for potion ingredients. While Aeneas wanted to begin stocking up on some ingredients to create potions right now, he was afraid that the mermaid Venus would think he'd run away from her...

Wait, why was Aeneas not running away from Venus in the first place? She was a mermaid; she cannot live for long out of the water; which means Aeneas can just... escape... to the inland. Maybe head to that Chime Town; work in the apothecary and build his potion-making skills before heading off to the next island in the opposite direction of where Venus was around in...

Aeneas surprisingly dissuaded that thought. Even though he was held captive by a mermaid and he could escape right now if he wanted to, he shockingly didn't. Human or mermaid, Aeneas didn't want to betray someone. Instead, he will buy some things from the town that he need initially, and head back to the cave where Venus is waiting for him.

Aeneas began his shopping. Because the town did not have any cauldrons to sell, he instead opted for a giant iron pot that are usually used for making stew. He bought different clothes to wear; although the clothier thought he was a girl and gave him a pretty dress as a bonus, and a kitchen knife from the blacksmith that he could use to prepare the ingredients for now. When he gets to have a chance to head to Chime Town, though, he will get a knife with a smaller, sharper, and more precise blade.

Eventually, there were too many things he bought that he needed to purchase a wheelbarrow to carry all the things back home. Fortunately for Aeneas, the road back to Venus' cave was flat. Not many bumps or steep hills blocked his path as he made his way back to his temporary abode.

"I'm back!" Aeneas returned with all the goods he have bought, but Venus wasn't seen anywhere. "Hello? Venus?"
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Venus had head out to watch her new human slave, curious to see if he'd escape. She knew there was a town that was more inland, though she could probably find a river to swim up. The entire time Aeneas was out, she had hidden herself, watching him with the most confusion. He had a clear getaway with money to help support him until he got somewhere safe and far inland. But he did not do that, he seemed to be buying what he needed. "So that's what he needs? Humans are weird, aren't they...?"

On her way back, she managed to drag herself onto the beach, trying to find the book she had previously thrown out. "Ah, where did it...?" Dragging herself nearly half way, she finally spotted it, grabbing the spine of the book. "I found it! I'll give it to him and he can start the potion! And then we'll test it out..." The mermaid dragged herself back into the sea, holding the book above the water as she swam back to her cave. "Ah, I found the book, human!" she called out, realizing that Aeneas had been there for a while now on his own and he didn't try to escape. "Ah, you're still here?"

Comment

"Y- yeah..." Aeneas stuttered as his face brightened up a bit in red color, not used to how he had practically a naked woman in front of him. I mean, he gets it: she's a mermaid and all, but couldn't she cover her breasts with at least some clam shells or something? "I didn't find a reason to run away."

Aeneas grabbed the book that Venus offered him and read the title. Most Potente Potion by Madame Montgomery? This was one of the books that he wanted to acquire as a budding brewer! How fortunate could he be to come across a mermaid who was lucky enough to come across the book? Perhaps it would be best not to escape from this place...

"Ah, excellent. I'll able to create more than just aphrodisiacs with this book." Aeneas commented as he began setting down some things. He placed the clothes he bought on a dry spot of the ledge, the wheelbarrow outside the entrance to the cave, and began cutting up some wood with the kitchen knife. "But since it's the aphrodisiac you want me to sample first, I'll see to it. I need to buy some ingredients from a town farther from here tomorrow if you'd let me, however."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Resting her head on the ledge, the mermaid seemed to have no hesitations on letting him go out to get the ingredients for the potion. "I'll allow it, I'm really excited to see this aphrodisiac potion actually work!" Venus examined the clothes he brought back, curious. "Why do you humans wear this stuff?" she asked, lifting the dress up, looking through the armhole. "It gets in the way of swimming, you know... It drags you down and then you end up easy prey." Her words softened as she placed the dress down, spinning around to look outside the cave. "You humans sure are weird and stuff... Hey, you could explain why you do weird things like that to me, right?"

Comment

"Well then... I guess we have a solid plan. Miss Lizzy and Koishi take one alley, I take my own... and... you take your own without weapons? Listen we don't have time to argue at all, in fact we only have about five minutes left before they arrive. So we need to start working. Just know if something bad happens to you, I'll feel absolutely horrible" Cale replied in reply to Phoebe's plan. As much as it pains him to leave such a youthful... curvacious woman alone to deal with a whole bunch of thugs, especially with the fact that he has no idea what they do to the people of this town other than possibly kidnap and... well... violate them. It's perhaps the only option.

"Well if we die then it was nice meeting you three." Cale replied as he takes the barrel of oil and begins rolling it along the ground to one of the pathways to the plaza.

Comment

"T- t- that's not for me!" Aeneas snatched the dress away from Venus' sights. "The- the clothier of the village I went to thought I was a girl, so she gave me this dress... I'm not going to wear it to places, okay?"

After the sudden outburst, Aeneas fidgeted and went back to setting up the iron pot on top of the fireplace. He built a crude cauldron system where the iron pot was held up by a set of crudely made straw ropes. Hopefully the straws don't break and pour the potential hot potion all over the cave... that would be a certain ticket to death by mermaid feeding.

"Okay. I don't think I can go there today. But I can see if they have ingredients so I can make a simpler potion." Aeneas suggested a detour route to showing Venus his potion-making prowess. "I saw a forest by the riverside that might have a lot of herbs and materials I could use. Want to follow me up the river and help me?"
                              Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 09-20-2015, 08:40 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

The mermaid's eyes stuck to the dress, tilting her head. "You would have given it back then if you did not intend on it for being used. You don't seem like the type of human who wastes anything." She stared at him, curious as to why he seemed so defensive about an article of clothing. To her, it did not make sense since mermaids had no real need for clothing.

Venus watched him set up the pot, leaning on the ledge and tilting her head. "You human have extremely unconventional methods." Flicking her tail out of the water a little, she smirked a bit, shaking her head. "Oh well, that matter can be dealt with eventually." Hearing Aeneas's question, she smiled tapping her chin. "Ah, a forest? I suppose I'll have to join you and help out. It's boring in here all by myself, you know." The mermaid pointed again at the pile of clothing, her smile turning more into a smirk yet again. "And will you be changing into that 'dress'...? I think it might actually suit you better with the forest scenery."

Comment

Working...
                                X