Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, my mind is finally calm, how are the people in this night?
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

My eyes are burning from the nonstop reading, but other than that, I'm good.

I'm almost done reading TV Tropes.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Ugh I have the urge to introduce Protoman just to fill the freaking gap of MegaMan characters there is. I mean currently I have X, Axl, Zero, Mega Man, Bass, Duo, Dr. Light, Dr. Wily, and almost about every other Robot Master.

Comment

@NeoFox

Who is Protoman?

(I'm watching a movie, but I'll try to stop in every once in a while. I'm still here, just off in another room.)
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Proto Man is calm, cool, and collected in any situation and greatly independent. He plays an older brother role with Mega Man by helping him out and giving advice, and even saves his life on a few occasions. He is a loner who, like his brother, has a strong sense of justice and helps those who need it. He is also a grateful person as shown by how he repays Wily's debt for temporarily fixing him. (Although in Powered Up, he was angrier quick to resort to violence.)

Proto Man was intended to become the first humanoid robot capable of independent thought and reasoning.
            Being a prototype robot, Proto Man's design was not complete. Although he greatly exceeded Dr. Light's expectations on several levels, it was later discovered that Proto Man's energy core had a critical problem that would eventually make him stop functioning. Dr. Light planned to repair him. However, being created too independent, Proto Man feared the modification would change his character. Proto Man refused to have Dr. Light meddle with his systems and fled to protect his sense of identity.

Dr. Light had presumed Proto Man to have died and regrettably gave up on him. Learning from his mistakes, he perfected the energy core and created sibling units Rock and Roll. Proto Man's design became the basis of the Sniper Joe series of robots. In Mega Man Powered Up, it is revealed that Proto Man despises the Sniper Joe series due to this.

Proto Man wandered the world alone. Before his energy reactor was completely depleted, the scientist Dr. Wily found him collapsed and dying. Dr. Wily managed to temporarily repair Proto Man by altering his power reactor from a solar to a nuclear one, as well as making other modifications, turning him into a combat robot. He also gave Proto Man the Proto Shield, his helmet and his now-trademark visor in an attempt to hide his identity from Dr. Light. Working on Proto Man's systems gave Wily greater knowledge in creating robots at the same level as Dr. Light, helping his plans for world domination along.

Indebted to Wily, Proto Man served him under the alias of Break Man. He did this until his encounters with Mega Man in Mega Man 3 made him realize the true nature of Dr. Wily. Proto Man saved Mega Man in the end of Mega Man 3, and officially turned against Wily in Mega Man 4, when he rescued Kalinka Cossack. However, he still refused help from Dr. Light, still holding onto his feelings. Mega Man doesn't know that Proto Man is his brother. The only plothole is that he referred to Mega Man as brother in the English version of Mega Man 7, but this is countered by the fact that he said no such thing in the Japanese version.

Proto Man's signature whistle is a staple of the character and almost always plays before his appearance.

Comment

When are you planning on introducing him?
              sigpic

Comment

That's the thing I don't know. I mean he could be like a whole last minute hero in the Devourer Arc or so, but that does not seem like a good idea as it's near it's end and Wriggle probably has something planned. Might use him as my official main character in a sequel or something. I just don't know. When I listen to his theme (most notably this cover here)

I really end up wanting to introduce him more and more. Not only that, but he is just an awesome character. I even regret not choosing him as my first character.

Comment

@NeoFox

He would be an interesting character.

The good thing is, you have your whole Arc set to introduce him. I think it starts right at the beginning of the second RP, right?

(I'm back from the movie, so I'll be here from here on out.)
                  Last edited by S121; 09-08-2013, 04:22 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone

@Cucoo

Yes unfortunately for you it will break the barrier. No Heart will now go into direct combat with the group.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                      Good morning everyone

@Cucoo

Yes unfortunately for you it will break the barrier. No Heart will now go into direct combat with the group.
                      Can I have Grima eat him? :>

Otherwise Robin collapses which means Grima fades from here and Chung challenges No Heart instead
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-08-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

He could try. I don't think it would work tough.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

good day
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm only going to make IC posts for now. Our game design team is under deadline and I gotta works.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X