X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile Library

Soon enough, Patchouli returned with a single magic grimoire, merely marked: The Battle of Alagaesia.

"From our understanding, Video game worlds conflicting with reality is a first." Patchouli explained as she rightfully took a seat in her comfy futon. "However, video game worlds colliding with one another through alternate direction is... common. Even non video-game worlds can exist as an alternate dimension can merge and bond."

Patchouli laid down the grimoire, which transformed itself into a map larger than what John has ever seen that was on paper. The map stretched out, reaching the entirety of Patchouli's large table. The paper, stained with yellow sheen and eaten off the edges, preserved wisdom far older than what could be comprehended. The map showed a large variety of landscapes: from the jagged mountains labeled Beor Mountains to the incomprehensively large forest to the far North labeled Du Weldenvarden. To the lone island on the northwest labeled Vroengard to the vast desert of the Hadarac.

"This land is Alagaesia." Patchouli announced. "It is known to the humans as fictional land of dragons, elves, dwarves, and other creatures, fair and foul."

"But is it really fictional?"

"Yukari, before the battle of Gensokyo, traveled from world to world, learning of different secrets that exists in our universe, and beyond. From that, she has found that there are these... for the lack of the better world, crossovers, that link every world together, except for the real world: the nonfiction world."

"Now, from this map, what do you find that is the most important?"

En Route

"Direction Youkai, huh?" Yuuka smiled. Of course she has heard of this vagabond before: apparently someone who has enough power to topple the world. Bah, Cirno could do better than that hermit. "Yeah I've heard of her."
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 11-05-2013, 11:13 PM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Voile

John didn't really know what he was looking for, so he simply gave Patchouli his observations, as well as what he thought was most important about the map.

"The geography of the land and the points of interest. The very heart of the land consists of desert, while the west and south are mountainous. The north has a forest, while the East is plains. What I find most important is all the information the map shows me.", John said to Patchouli.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Voile Library

"At least you know your cartography." Patchouli sighed. The map closed into the grimoire again. "If not, I would've had you stay here for months to teach you basics of exploration."

"The Associate you seek... No book in my library has such book about the whereabouts of the Soul Vault nor the Historian. The Associate's library, located in the heart of Du Weldenvarden, does. If need be, I can send you into this world for you to retrieve it."

"But the question... why do you intend to find the Soul Vault?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library

John was a little curious why Patchouli would ask him a question like that, but he figured that it was because he was going to another world.

"When we revived Yuuka, something happened. For some reason, her soul fragmented, leaving only a part of her soul intact. Because of that, she's in a weakened state. Satori told me about the vault and how with it I could restore Yuuka's soul.", John said to Patchouli.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Voile Library

"Wouldn't that put you in danger?" Patchouli asked. She was testing John. "What if something happened to you, in which case you cannot come back to Gensokyo or the reality. Can't you comprehend the level of rage and despair Yukari would go through?"
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library

After Patchouli spoke, a look of deep thought could be seen on John's helmetless face. It was true, Yukari would most definitely be emotionally crushed if John died. What about Yuuka? She was his friend. He was willing to put his life on the line for her. John was a super-soldier from the future, so he would be fine, right? The threat of death always hung over him, but he was never bothered about dying.. until now.

"Why wouldn't I be able to return to this world?", John asked Patchouli.
              sigpic

Comment

Voile Library

"Heavy magic permeates Alagaesia." Patchouli explained. "Their magic involves language not known by many in this world. A single word, and not even your suit can help you."

"It normally would take me a month to devise a plan for you to go to the world with apt preparation... But until then, you must wait."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library

John had a slightly disappointed look on his face. He was somewhat disappointed at the current situation, but he knew how important preparation was. He did not ant to risk dying, not anymore.

"What does the preparation process involve? What do I need to do in order to prepare?", John calmly asked Patchouli.
                  sigpic

Comment

Voile Library

"I need to research their magic." Patchouli said. "Elves, Dwarves, and other creatures of the world is no concern to you since they cannot harm you physically unless they have extraordinary talents. Their magic, however, is an unknown, and I need enough time to prepare for it."

"You should just relax and do as you please. After I am complete with my preparation, I will call for you."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library

"The I suppose I should train with my own magic until the month is out. Thank you for everything.", John said to Patchouli as he began to walk away.

All of a sudden, John stopped in his tracks. It had not been long since Patchouli brought up a good point about him dying, but now John was actually worried. He knew how badly losing someone could break a person's soul, so what about if he died? What about when he died? He honestly didn't want to put her through anything like what he had gone through when he lost Cortana. It made John realize that in a sense, John was now Yukari's Cortana.

"Hey Patchouli? What will happen to Yukari if I die?", John finally asked her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Voile Library

"She will most likely destroy everything that she sees fit. She could be nothing more than a berserk Flandre." was Patchouli's response before she descended into the stupor of reading.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library

Seeing that Patchouli was now in a world of her own, John saw little else to do but leave.

He drew the contrast that while he internally destroyed himself, Yukari would externally destroy things, perhaps even herself. It was certainly warranted concern. Perhaps he should talk to Yukari about it, maybe come up with a way for her to cope wit it. Of course, when Cortana told John that she was dying, John refused to accept it, saying that he would save her, that he could fix everything by getting her to Halsey. Was it futile for him to try and find a way to keep from hurting Yukari in the end? He couldn't possibly live as long as she could, could he?

John took a deep breath as the thoughts passed through his head and created another Corridor of Darkness under his feet, causing him to drop down and disappear...

Chireiden

All of a sudden, a Corridor of Darkness opened up on the ground. John was launched two feet out of the top of the portal and landed on his feet as the Corridor of Darkness disappeared.

"I'm back. I found out where I can find information on the Soul Vault.", John calmly said as he approached Yukari.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chireiden

"What about what?" Yuuka asked as she arrived to the building by Komachi's boat. Yukari looked behind to find her waving at John.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Chireiden

John had a slightly surprised look on his face as Yuuka and Komachi appeared, but he didn't seem startled.

"I found a way to restore your soul, but it requires something called 'The Soul Vault'. The only problem is, nobody knows it's location. The only place to get information on its location is for me to be transported to a world called Alagaesia and travel into the heart of Du Weldenvarden Forest, where I'll need to find The Associate's library. The bad news is that Patchouli said that it would take a month for her to prepare me for that world's magic. That being said, you will eventually get your soul back.", John explained to Yuuka.
                              sigpic

Comment

Chireiden

Yuuka laughed. "Oh John, you're just so cute!"

Yuuka hugged John, with Yukari's objection. But the embrace was of friendship, not of love.

"Thanks, John. That's all I could ever ask for."

"Come on guys, everybody must be wondering what happened to you two." Yukari said, leading the two outside.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X