X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of Gensokyo

"Are you sure you can survive the heat of the reactor? It's over 100,000 F and we might be in there for a while. That's over 10 times the temperature of the Earth's core. Are you sure you'll be okay?", John asked Nera in a concerned tone as they neared the opening.

Even with his suit's incredibly high tolerance to heat, John still needed the aid of some of the strongest magic in Gensokyo and even then there was a chance that it wouldn't be enough, so he was concerned for Nera. She was powerful, but he didn't know whether or not she would last long inside the reactor. John hoped so, but he knew that the explosion would kill her if she tried to save him.

John pulled out the grimoire Patchouli had given him and read from the book, boosting his already magically enhanced heat resistance. He ten put it away fearful that the book would be incinerated inside of the reactor.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

Nera thought about it and remembered her blizzard attack "I can resist heavy temperatures, but not for much, but I got an idea, IŽll use my blizzard attack to atleast calm the heat of the core for you, then when you plant the bomb I will reach you and we will escape a lighting velocity with my extreme speed ability" she said seriously
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

"Why don't you just point me towards the reactor, and let me explode myself?" Mimi spoke up.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

"I hope you can move faster than the speed of light then. The bomb is going to be exploding in my hand. I have to smash Mimi against the core.", John remarked as they neared the opening.

Even though they were still a good 40 meters away from the opening, the heat was still able to reach them. All of a sudden, John's HUD lights began to flash red and an audible alarm could be heard coming from his suit as they got within range of the reactor's intense heat.

All of a sudden, Mimi spoke.

"You mean like throwing you?", John asked Mimi.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

"Yeah!" Mimi said. "But do ya think you got what it takes?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

John smirked at Mimi's question and spoke as they got within range of the hole.

"I can throw cars and lift tanks. Does that count?", John asked in a more positive tone.
              sigpic

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

"I guess so. Well, go on then, throw me!" Mimi said.

Comment

Battle of Gensokyo

John was about to throw Mimi, but then a thought occurred to him.

(Wait a minute...)

"We might have to postpone that toss. Yukari told me that they're using Ran's tails as a secondary power source. I'll need to grab them first. It's the only way to restore Ran's power.", John said as they entered the Extractor.

Inside the Extractor

The heat was so intense that the air around them was plasma. Up above was the reactor core, spinning and pulsing with energy. The metal rings around the core spun around and rotated, generating monumental amounts of raw power. The light from the reactor was a blinding, bright orange color similar to the sun. Mimi would surely explode in temperatures like this, but thanks to John's overshields, she was safe.
                  sigpic

Comment

Extractor

"Tails as a power source? Are they stupid? Those things could burn if they even touch the air around here." Mimi said.

Comment

Extractor

John took Mimi's comment into consideration and looked around for the tails.

"If that's the case, then they might have put them inside of a vacuum tube.", John said to Mimi as he continued his search.

That's when he saw it. Above the core itself was a vertical tube with something gold inside. John used his visor's zoom function and confirmed his suspicions. Inside the energy shield tubing was nine fox tails, shining a brilliant gold color.

The only problem was that John had to climb to get to them. If he opened up his thrusters, the intense heat would get inside the suit and turn John into ashes. He had to find a way to climb through the spinning metal rings and climb his way to the top.

(This kind of stuff is never easy.), John thought to himself as he began to climb up the central tower holding the reactor core up.

John grabbed on to the various cables and wires, quickly raising himself up to the very bottom of the rings. If John wasn't careful, he would be crushed by the spinning rings and quite possibly die, due to the damage to his suit. John took a deep breath and launched himself into the rings, barely avoiding the first ring layer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Extractor

"Ey, watch it, you'll damage the fins!" Mimi replied.

Comment

Reactor - Extractor

"I'll try to be more careful.", John said to Mimi as he got got ready for the next launch.

To a normal human, the rings looked as if they were moving at their normal speed, 3,750 mph, at around Mach 5. Thanks to John's Spartan Time, the spinning rings looked as if they were only going at 50 mph. John launched himself again, only this time, he softened the landing, causing Mimi to shake less than before. The next ring was the one John was after.

Unfortunately for Mimi, John was planning on doing something crazy.

"Mimi? I'm really sorry for this, but I gotta do something really crazy. I'll keep you protected with a darkness barrier to nullify any kinetic energy directed towards you.), John said to Mimi as he covered her in darkness.

That's when John did something that would make even the bravest flinch. John jumped right towards one of the rings and grabbed it as it swung by at Mach 5. Next, John waited for the second ring to pass. At just the right moment, John jumped off of the inner ring and grabbed hold of the middle ring layer. John almost slipped, but he held on tight and slowly pulled himself up.

(Okay, now comes the tricky part...), John thought as he jumped and grabbed hold of the outer ring layer. The ring rotated around the core and the inner layers, pulling John towards the Secondary power source. As soon as John was certain that it was time to release, he did, launching himself at the energy shielding containing Ran's tails. John almost fell off, but quickly grabbed onto the bottom of the container.

Once the ordeal was over, John removed the kinetic dampener from Mimi.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?", john asked Mimi as he hoisted himself up and over to the side of the cylinder.
                          sigpic

Comment

Reactor

Mimi was literally shaking. "Yes. Yes. It. Was."

Comment

Reactor - Extractor

John felt a little bad for scaring the poor missile, but he did what he had to do to get to Ran's tails.

John looked at the energy shield and thought about touching it, but suddenly stopped. There was a chance that the energy shield would either damage John's shields, or damage the energy shield protecting Ran's tails.

It took John a moment to solve the problem at hand, but he quickly figured it out. Using his darkness magic, John created a corridor of darkness inside of the tube. Next, John formed a disc at the very top of the inside and moved it down, pushing Ran's tails into the corridor. Next was perhaps the most uncomfortable part. John then opened up a corridor of darkness inside of his suit and pushed the tails in between his skin and underarmor. The tails collected around his belly, making it look as if John's stomach was protruding. The tails were hot and made John sweat inside of his armor, but at least the tails were soft and cozy.

Once that was done, John created another kinetic dampener on Mimi and jumped off of the reactor. John fell 500 feet and slammed into the ground below, but Mimi was safe from the inertia of the fall.

"Looks like it's time.", John said as he pulled Mimi off of his magnetic holster and held her in front of him.

"Are you ready?", John asked Mimi as he got into a throwing position.
                              sigpic

Comment

Reactor

"Ready!" Mimi replied.

Comment

Working...
                                X