Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Name: Nicole Evergreen

Type: ...Apothecary without potions... Let's just say Support

Faction: Freelancer, against Tyruss for personal reason rather than for good purpose.

Magic: Sound Magic, flexible. Think Sona from LoL

Primary Weapon: As a proficient musician, Nicole is particularly skilled in guitar. Her music moves the minds of people around her, able to both stir and calm the emotions. As a support, Nicole is able to boost her allies' strength or leave her enemies helplessly depressed or unbewildered. She also seems to be able to swing the guitar around like a two-handed weapon without the guitar ever breaking, but that is only until final resort.

Secondary Weapon: Oration skills. Ability to persuade others to do or not do something for her. Very good interrogator.

Other Equipment: Before Tyruss hacked into HiveNET, Nicole traveled using her motorcycle that seemed to have malfunctioned after Tyruss' regime. She is now traveling on foot to find a mechanic, her motorcycle rolling next to her.

History/Personalities: Living in a faraway, secluded town of Sampson, Nicole is the last heiress of the Bard, a group of travelling musicians telling the tales of life before HIVE and the wonderous stories of reality. Ever since Tyruss has gained control of the Aeterna, he has mercilessly hunted down these storytelling musicians in fear of them starting revolts. When Nicole was of age, she, like all the other Bards before her, was sent to the deep mountains and was to survive for a week while finding what would be the "sound of music".

Nicole was a survivor, but she soon reached her limit. Hunger ate through her stomach every minute as she was on the verge of death, hopelessly cold and dehydrated...

Until she found the guitar.

A single tree, struck by lightning, formed a mahogany guitar with black and red neck and turquoise gems studded on the base. Nicole, with whatever strength she had in her, walked up to the guitar and grasped it. This bonding, the bonding between the Bard and her instrument, turned her into the Soul Bard, a unique bard that is able to use her musical powers to control others' emotions. This was unprecedented ever since Frederick, the first Bard, touched his violin: Hansenburg. Nicole has become a full-fledged Bard.

When Nicole returned to the town, happy that she could live up as a heiress, she was instead greeted by a gang of fighters that had the heads of Nicole's families. In a fit of sheer rage, Nicole hoisted her guitar that she named Seraphim and began to play, play the song of death and vengeance. In the short 4 minute orchestra, Nicole, who has never hurt a fly before, mercilessly slew more than 90 of Tyruss' men outright. Another 30 died of insanity that came afterwards.

Now, Nicole travels the world using her natural gift as a Bard to inspire hope to tired men against Tyruss. Yet no one knows much about her true purpose... Other than that she will aim to play the requiem of death for the man responsible for the destruction of her family and her town: Tyruss.

Nicole is cool and cynical. She does not believe that people will act out for greater good, and that people will only act on self-interest. And she's cool with that. At least her goal is self-centered. She only kills when necessary, after what happened when she was 10. She doesn't even try to kill duing battle, not that she can't, of course.

Appearances: A picture is worth a thousand words. I have something drawn at my house, but as I am out on vacation... ^^; I'll post a pic in the next 2 days.

Strength: With the power of music, Nicole can quickly turn the tides of battle indirectly by boosting her allies' battle capacities and lower enemies': fast-paced dance music makes allies faster; slow aria leaves enemies drowsy and slow. Metal strengthens allies, while orchestrals leaves enemies unwilling to fight. Her music off-battle serves as a way to boost morale for her allies and, in other way around, calm them down.

Weakness: With almost no direct battle abilities, Nicole is highly susceptible to frontal assault. Her guitar can only protect her so much. Earmuffs counter her ability outright.
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-20-2013, 10:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

@121: Just effects where the subject is percieved to be

@Katrix: Bueno.

@WW: Can't you make an OC D8. Sigh... mostly good, but weaknesses are present in all. come up with something. Also, his non-canon history.

@Wrigguru: Bueno. But uh.... Age things... Which reminds me I need to check age consistencies for Trouble's character, and I should probably clarify, we're one year into Tyruss' Reign

Edit: Trouble, if you read this, can you make your character's age 18?
      Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-20-2013, 07:54 PM.
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

@Kilul-sama
        LE RAGE
        Uh... Uh... I'll get back to that.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

I was going to have my character be able to do small light-speed dashes and use this ability on objects, such as small metal spikes.

He would basically be able to toss them at the speed of light.

If that won't work, then can I ask a question about Lightning magic?

How do you split lightning magic into offensive and defensive?
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
            I was going to have my character be able to do small light-speed dashes and use this ability on objects, such as small metal spikes.

He would basically be able to toss them at the speed of light.

If that won't work, then can I ask a question about Lightning magic?

How do you split lightning magic into offensive and defensive?
            That would be speed magic.

As far as your question goes, Offensive would be like directed lightning bolts and such. Defensive would be like... proximity bolts or a small ball that protects the user

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
              That would be speed magic.

As far as your question goes, Offensive would be like directed lightning bolts and such. Defensive would be like... proximity bolts or a small ball that protects the user
              Yeah like light shield, or a bolt of light that snares the enemy.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

writing up the OP now

Comment

I'm so hyped
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
                    @121: Just effects where the subject is percieved to be

@Katrix: Bueno.

@WW: Can't you make an OC D8. Sigh... mostly good, but weaknesses are present in all. come up with something. Also, his non-canon history.

@Wrigguru: Bueno. But uh.... Age things... Which reminds me I need to check age consistencies for Trouble's character, and I should probably clarify, we're one year into Tyruss' Reign

Edit: Trouble, if you read this, can you make your character's age 18?
                    Way i saw it my character would just be turning 17 whenever this was starting but i can change it too 16 so we're one year in.

Edit: Just changed my story so she would be 17 one year in.
                    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 07-20-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I just edited my character. Take a looksie.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                        I just edited my character. Take a looksie.
                        ok, is good

OP IS UP

Comment

OP? How is it OP'd?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                            OP? How is it OP'd?
                            OP as in Opening Post

for the IC

Comment

Oh... Psh, I knew that. Anyways, I am now using the iPad, so it would take me forever to make the thing for Hell Master.

For those who know Hell Master, unfortunately no, I might not turn him into the ever famous MIHI (for those who don't know, Manually Input Human Intelligence. It means that AI is controlled by a human... Ya know what? Forget it. Chances are you'll never see it.) That is, unless certain conditions are met...

Comment

Sorry for double posting, but this is important. What is the background like? Are there streets? Cities? Quick description of the background pls?

Comment

Working...
                                X