X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youknow what? I will try this, just let me finish with some stuff here at work (horde of kids watching a movie while Im preparing their lunch)

And no, I won`t post like a machine gun, as a sniper rifle possibly
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
      An RP SHOULDN'T be getting a post every 10 minutes. Proper RPs should be slow, but only as a result of posts being thoughtful, meaningful, and well written. It's more of an interactive story more than anything. You saw the kinds of posts I made on the other RP thread. Those are the kinds of posts that should be in a good RP. Granted, I do tend to write a bit on the long side, but regardless one sentence posts are definitely not what RPs should consist of. This isn't an IM chat. It's a forum.
      I agree, it should be slow. i don't like typing out 7 - 8 long posts in a row.

Comment

Just to let you know people, there are RPs that slow paced like how you sa, bbut there are others that are high paced like ours.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

half the posts I made in the other thread were from an iphone. My average post length was about 3-4k words.

Also, "fast paced RPs" are more fit in non-forum settings. Forums are more suited towards slower and more thought out RPs.

Comment

as you said slow paced RPs are more fit, yet there is no obligation for a forum RP to be big or small, fast or slow, it adapts with the users of it

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
              half the posts I made in the other thread were from an iphone. My average post length was about 3-4k words.

Also, "fast paced RPs" are more fit in non-forum settings. Forums are more suited towards slower and more thought out RPs.
              Sudden respects for Yuto-bro.
              +w+

Also, what sort of rules are there for landmarks and geography?
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                Sudden respects for Yuto-bro.
                +w+

Also, what sort of rules are there for landmarks and geography?
                Be extravagant or subtle, I don't care. I made it an endless world for a reason Make up any locations you need to. However. The area around Regius is basically Mountains to the north, a forest to the east, Spera to the far south with steppes and forests between. Salt Flats to the west and lakes, ponds and rivers all around. If you're making your own location, be outside of those bounds.
                Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

This thread would totally be approved if this board actually required threads to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibuki Suika View Post
                    This thread would totally be approved if this board actually required threads to be approved.
                    You like, huh?

Comment

Character's Name Kris

Sex: Female

Type: Soldier

Faction: free lancer

Magic: ice on both attack and defense (details on description)

silent_snow_by_artgutierrez-d4pachk.jpg

Primary Weapon: Kris´main weapon is a blue tainted bow as she has practiced for quite a long time, having accuracy of great levels, she can shoot from precise charged shots to quick volleys of arrows in triads. In the case of fighting in close quarters, the huntress can use her ebony sword and fight with the enemy qith quick slashes and strong parries

Here is the bow and the swords
                      Nelri_Bow_Concept___I_by_Aikurisu.jpgRu__fiel_and_Koryr_by_Aikurisu.jpg

Secondary Weapon: An ebony dagger of the same design as the sword with an amber colored gem on its hilt, this dagger is used mostly in silent attacks to deal critical injuries as stealthly as possible.(image as same as above)

Other Equipment: Her quiver with arrows and a backpack with supplies and related stuff

History/personality: Living in the outskirts of civilization, Kris was used to live by hunting and camping on the many forests of the land, yet she always tried to visit the many cities that were close to her village, the teenager was well in contact with the technology as many kids in her hometown who also wanted to see more than the outskirts of the forests, yet the older people were really conservative with the technology saying that the more we relied on it, the less nature would survive on the planet. Kris knew about that worry the people had, yet she wanted to prove both the nature and technology could coexist with eachoter.

Soon the Hive system appeared and the townspeople actually liked it, so she also decided to get one of the chip, unfortunately the hacking incident ocurred and she, as many others of her friends, got trapped into the virtual reality

Now after actually experiencing the cyber world, Kris kept living in the snow filled lands of the north hunting on the forests and mountains to live her life in the nearby towns in Aeterna. One day the empire came to the lands and scouted and did their work on it. The huntress knew there was something wrong with their government and decided to go to the mainlands to see what was going on

Kris usually is calm and decisive, using both her mind and instinct while dealing with the situation, however she also has emotions and acts as any other woman in her twenties. Living in the wilderness gives her the lack of having good chances to speak with people, but as an adventurer she can get what she is searching for by speaking with the person.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): Black and long hair, her skin is kind of pale for living on the frozen lands and has purple eyes. her garments are a black and grey thight suit (the pink colored parts are grey), a corset-like leather armor for the upper part and a black armored skirt. She has leather gloves to move easily with her weapons and has mountain boots armored all the way to her knees.

Strengths: Kris is agile and swift with both her bow and blades, her cool thinking makes her a fast tactician in the middle of the battle. When using her ice magic, the huntress can use both defence and attack, in the case of defence, she can add an ice armor that can withstand extra hits, and in the attack part, she can coat her blades and arrows with razor sharp ice making more damage on the skin and slowing the movement in the close area of the body

Weaknesses: Being a fast and light armored hunter, Kris doesn´t have much defence, so she must rely mostly in evasion.

Note: since my job has irregular shifts, my times here ar also irregular
                      Last edited by Kristia; 07-20-2013, 05:24 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                        Character's Name Kris

Faction: free lancer

Magic: ice on both attack and defense (details on description)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]951[/ATTACH]

Primary Weapon: Kris´main weapon is a blue tainted bow as she has practiced for quite a long time, having accuracy of great levels, she can shoot from precise charged shots to quick volleys of arrows in triads. In the case of fighting in close quarters, the huntress can use her ebony sword and fight with the enemy qith quick slashes and strong parries

Here is the bow and the swords
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]950[/ATTACH]

Secondary Weapon: An ebony dagger of the same design as the sword with an amber colored gem on its hilt, this dagger is used mostly in silent attacks to deal critical injuries as stealthly as possible.(image as same as above)

Other Equipment: Her quiver with arrows and a backpack with supplies and related stuff

History/personality: Living in the outskirts of civilization, Kris was used to live by hunting and camping on the many forests of the land, yet she always tried to visit the many cities that were close to her village, the teenager was well in contact with the technology as many kids in her hometown who also wanted to see more than the outskirts of the forests, yet the older people were really conservative with the technology saying that the more we relied on it, the less nature would survive on the planet. Kris knew about that worry the people had, yet she wanted to prove both the nature and technology could coexist with eachoter.

Soon the Hive system appeared and the townspeople actually liked it, so she also decided to get one of the chip, unfortunately the hacking incident ocurred and she, as many others of her friends, got trapped into the virtual reality

Now after actually experiencing the cyber world, Kris kept living in the snow filled lands of the north hunting on the forests and mountains to live her life in the nearby towns in Aeterna. One day the empire came to the lands and scouted and did their work on it. The huntress knew there was something wrong with their government and decided to go to the mainlands to see what was going on

Kris usually is calm and decisive, using both her mind and instinct while dealing with the situation, however she also has emotions and acts as any other woman in her eighteens. Living in the wilderness gives her the lack of having good chances to speak with people, but as an adventurer she can get what she is searching for by speaking with the person.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): Black and long hair, her skin is kind of pale for living on the frozen lands and has purple eyes. her garments are a black and grey thight suit (the pink colored parts are grey), a corset-like leather armor for the upper part and a black armored skirt. She has leather gloves to move easily with her weapons and has mountain boots armored all the way to her knees.

Strengths: Kris is agile and swift with both her bow and blades, her cool thinking makes her a fast tactician in the middle of the battle. When using her ice magic, the huntress can use both defence and attack, in the case of defence, she can add an ice armor that can withstand extra hits, and in the attack part, she can coat her blades and arrows with razor sharp ice making more damage on the skin and slowing the movement in the close area of the body

Weaknesses: Being a fast and light armored hunter, Kris doesn´t have much defence, so she must rely mostly in evasion.

Note: since my job has irregular shifts, my times here ar also irregular
                        Bueno. Good to see someone balancing their magic.~

Comment

I was considering a combination but I thought considering the personality I gave my guy, having someone who walks in and walks out as quickly as possible, dealing the most deadly blow would make more sense. Hence I gave offensive focus.

Comment

I think I might join.

I do have a question about defensive light magic.

Are we able to make things travel via light waves, sort of like a pseudo-teleportation?

I would need to know, in order to make an appropriate character.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Character's Name : Sidna

Type: Commander

Faction: Tyruss' Legion

Magic: Offensive wind

Primary Weapon: Magic staff (stores combustible materials inside, can light a small fire at the top of the staff by holding down a button.)

Secondary Weapon: One handed sword

Other Equipment: She always try to carry around different materials with her that she can use with her magic or in battle, either as a dust or as a gas. Some examples are ammonia, copper, iron, sand.
                              She may also carry around a small fire starter if she feels that something is not right in case the staff does not work.

History/personality: Sidna is a person that loves fighting. Normally she will try to have fun with her opponents and not kill them off at once.
                              If she is angered however she will quickly become more serious and will not hold back.
                              Most people say that she does not have honor while fighting her opponents as she may very well suffocate them before they can do anything at all.

Sidna grew up in a place were she was suppressed and didn't really get to say much. Her family was poor and This was the case for most off her childhood.
                              When the Hive came out she tried hard to get a chip. After a lot of hard work and saving she finally got it. Days later however The Hive was hacked.
                              To not be to suppressed she chose to side with Tyruss and fight for him. After some time she began to like fighting, coming back for more each time.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): She normally wears a green robe with red trim. She have crimson long hair. She have the miscellaneous materials in small bags and cans attached to a belt.

Strengths: She have great knowledge about what she can do with her wind powers. With just one look it might be difficult to recognize her as a wind magician.
                              She is also good at forming strategies for attacking the enemy.

Weaknesses: She is rather cold. She doesn't care if allies dies, as long as she is having fun everything is great. She may also forget to be defensive at times.
                              Pretty much the only defense she know is attack.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Character of Choice: Otori Inozuka (He's going to be my main bro in any and all RPs)

Sex: Hot Bread (JK Male)

Faction: Freelancer

Magic: Offensive Wind Magic (Magic?! No one told me about that! Now I'll definitely join!)

Primary Weapon: An Iron Bat (What'd ya think? It's Otori we're talking about) He can use his bat to channel his wind magic.

Secondary Weapon: Anything he finds interesting from the remains of his last battle. He will replace his current secondary with a new one. His primary will not be changed.

Other Equipment: Not much really, unless he finds any in his previous battle. He will keep all and any obtained equipment, though it is rare that he will take any.

History: One would consider him a mercenary, but he doesn't work for pay. He would be considered a soldier, but he fights for what he thinks is right and for his own safety. Otori's home is mainly nowhere. He roams the streets, beating up thugs like a vigilante, though he fights for his self-protection. He will turn down any groups and organizations that offer him a spot in their group unless he is thoroughly convinced.

His main enemy is a man he met along the streets who called himself the Hell Master. He was friends with him for a short time. But then things went out of hand. One day they were arguing about their moral standards. Hell Master thought they were fighting to keep the peace and was therefore beating any shady groups. Otori thought that they were fighting for their own lives and for the lives of others, therefore attacking only those who had been seen to have done bad things. Then they got in a fist fight. Their rage grew, until they separated, with Hell Master swearing that the next time they met eachother, one of them were going to the grave.

From then on, Otori kept living on with the hopes that they never met eachother, for he knew that if they met eachother again, one of them were surely to die, and he did not want to kill Hell Master.

Then, one day, as he was walking along, he had heard something he did not want to hear: That the Hell Master had become a commander. Now he knew what he had to do, but he didn't want to. It was his paradox: He fights for the safety of others, but also for that of his friends. He still wanted to believe that Hell Master was his friend. But now he had to kill him. (Omg, I just realized... this sounds a lot like Naruto!)

Appearance: Suit with black jeans and a tie. Dark red hair and light brown eyes, almost orange. Somewhat tall (5'11") With a straight expression. Like this.

Strengths: His wind magic becomes far more powerful if he is fighting for the one he loves, though at the moment, he's no one to love.

Weaknesses: His wind magic and logical thinking becomes weaker the more he is closer to Hell Master.

Notes: I wish to control Hell Master myself as well(come on, pweazes? It's only one more character, honest!) But if not, then someone may take him. But you must know what he is like, so PM me if you wish to control Hell Master. If you approve of me taking control of Hell Master, I will type up a form for him too. He'll be the only other one, please, I'll give you a virtual cookie ^^!
                                Last edited by wonderweiss; 08-03-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X