X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
    Sorry for double posting, but this is important. What is the background like? Are there streets? Cities? Quick description of the background pls?
    Where exactly? Spera? It's a small town so... streets. Think medieval towns.

Streets and burning houses.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Hey Kilul-sama, I edited my character post in page 5. Do check plox.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Where do you think Otori would fit in? He would end up in a place with big buildings and thugs.

Comment

Where do you think Otori would fit in? He would end up in a place with big buildings and thugs.
          Somewhere closer to Regius. Definitely not Spera.

@Wrigguru: K, but you're already accepted :V

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
            Somewhere closer to Regius. Definitely not Spera.

@Wrigguru: K, but you're already accepted :V
            Oh ^^;

Well I kinda changed lore of her so it makes more sense.

I'll have IC in an hour.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Updated Phenom's bio, yay!!!!!! GO READ IT ON PAGE 2

Comment

I don't think I'll have anything ready by today.

Is there any big cities around here? Also, I know there is little to no technology, but is there information? I'm thinking about science books and such.
                Also, how advanced do the materials get? I can imagine copper and ammonia beeing pretty easy to get, but what about the more advanced stuff?
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Tyruss needs mining equipment to keep his access to precious minerals in Aeterna open and such so stuff like that remains high-tech for the most part. Minerals are in no short supply and they go as far as what we have today and such. As far as knowledge goes, treat people as though they are from the 22nd century :V

Comment

Character's Name: Jason Stone (I don't feel like coming up with another name. Coming up with names is hard for me.)

Sex: Male

Type: Messiah (This should be interesting...)

Faction: Freelancer

Magic: Speed

Primary Weapon:Two combat knives. Jason's father built these after the first encounter with Tyruss's men and based their design off of real-world knives. They are made from a Titanium alloy and are foldable. They have a spike on the bottom of the handle and can be used as a way to quickly incapacitate enemies. The spike is capable of piercing bone, so caution must be used when trying to incapacitate enemies in a non-lethal way. It also has an extra blade on the back of the handle, inside of the hook. This is used to cut ropes, belts, straps, and anything else that can fit in the slot.

Image:
                    Spoiler:

Secondary Weapon: A Chainsword (Clockwork Chainsaw). He doesn't use it often because it's powered by his magic. If he uses it for too long, it drains him. The chain needs to be moved by a trigger on the handle, but the very moment it gets momentum, he will use his speed magic to speed it up and maintain it. It is a very dangerous weapon, but also taxing to the user. Not only that, it also needs to be cleaned after use. It is the size of a Greatsword, but lightweight enough for a fit person to use. The sword has two handles. One for swinging, and one for stabilization. The handles are covered with black shock absorbing rubber. The trigger is located on the base of the swinging handle and is easy to reach, yet not invasive. The weapon used to originally be a Titanium Alloy chainsaw until Jason's father gutted it, installed a Titanium alloy gear system, bolted a giant Titanium Alloy blade, added a sword handle, and switched the chainsaw's blade and chain with Titanium alloy ones. The only thing left from the original chainsaw is the Titanium Alloy red painted chassis. Jason's father never got to finish the weapon's innards, so Jason modified it by adding the trigger to move the gears, to allow him to use his speed magic on it.

Image:

Other Equipment: A leather harness with many belts, loops, and pouches (basically a utility belt), small steel spikes measuring in at 2 inches in length and 9 millimeters in diameter (He uses these things for just about anything), a toolkit with only the most versatile tools, small home-made explosives (can be very dangerous if he uses his magic on them), heat resistant gloves (welding/blacksmithing and doesn't wear them often), needles (uses them as picks and are very durable, due to the fact that he made them out of a Titanium alloy), and armor (see description/appearance).

History/personality: Jason's mother died in a car wreck when he was three, so he never really knew her. It was just Jason and his father Thomas. Jason Stone and his father entered the HiveNET when it was first introduced to the public. That being said, they had a lot of time to explore, and that was the first thing they did. They would always go on camping trips and try to live in the wild. One day, while Jason and his father were hiking, Jason's father fell into an underground cave. After looking around, he realized what he had stumbled upon. The sun shone through the hole to reveal a super strong, yet lightweight metal called Titanium. Jason's father had always been trying to provide for his son and now he could, so he decided to create a Titanium mine.

It took a while to clear the rock and set up shop, but after a couple of years, the mine was a success. They would get orders to build many items, whether it was a custom made ring, to a mech's armor plates. Whatever it was, they would work the metal for the job. This gave not only Thomas a mastery of metallurgy, but his son Jason as well. Jason always helped his father, always watched. Over the years, the land was named Aeterna and Jason grew up. Jason soon got more involved in the business and began to craft many items alongside his father. The forge was expanded and more people were hired to keep up with the growing demand for metal items.

One day, out of nowhere, Jason woke up to find that everything was off. He was no longer living in a modern house, he was living in a medieval looking one. Despite the anomaly, Jason and his father still thrived. Not only that, Jason and his father discovered that they had acquired magic. Thomas was granted the power of gravity, while Jason was granted the power of motion, speed magic. With these new abilities, they were able to make higher quality metals. Thomas used his manipulation of gravity to create super-dense, ultra-strong metals, while his son could not only mine faster, but also increase the heat of the furnaces, allowing them to refine more Titanium.

While Thomas was conservative about his use of gravity, his son Jason would use it for just about anything. He would use it to make himself run at absolutely blinding speeds, or even make the mundane awesome. He would speed up the flow of water, slow down a ball that he would toss into the air, and even jump off of cliffs and slow himself down to a stop. His constant use and abuse of his newfound abilities caused him to learn many exploits in them, and his creativity only boosted his skill. If it could move, he had played with its speed.

After a year or two, things took a turn for the worse. There was a strange group of people that said they worked for a man named Tyruss. They wanted to take the Titanium mine. Jason's father wouldn't allow it and told them to be on their way. The group of men wouldn't take no for an answer and tried to kill Thomas, but Thomas used his power over gravity and crushed them. Only one man made it out. That man retreated to gather more men and storm the mine.

Jason's father knew that there would be no other way, so he began to craft weapons and armor. He poured all of his knowledge, skill, and power into these weapons. Thomas began to create two knives, a clockwork chainsaw, a suit of armor, and a clockwork soldier.

Unfortunately, he only managed to create two knives, a clockwork chainsaw without a powersource, a couple parts for the clockwork soldier, and the boots and chestplate of the unfinished armor.

Tyruss's men came back with a large group and stormed the mine. Despite his best efforts, Thomas was slain and died protecting his livelihood and his son. Seeing the body of his father, Jason went into a rage. He yelled out as he grabbed everything in the forge and threw them at Tyruss's men, augmenting the items to move at hyper-sonic speeds, right through armor, flesh, and bone. Once it was all over, Jason was alone. His father was dead, the mine was in shambles, and more of Tyruss's men would investigate the disappearances. They would most likely kill him, so he did the only thing he could. He took the Titanium alloy items his father had made and abandoned the mine and his home. He buried his father, crafted a handful of items, and disappeared into the forest...

Jason is a fairly easygoing person and is very accepting toward those around him. He occasionally jokes and sometimes snarks about certain situations. He can be a little hot-headed, depending on his mood, but is a pretty patient and kind person overall.

Appearance: Dark brown hair to the point that it looks black, brown eyes, a tan skin tone, medium build, weighs 180 lbs, and stands at 5' 10''. He wears Tanker Boots that have Titanium Alloy plates on the toes and heels, loose fitting black leather pants with many pockets(not skin-tight, comfortable, slightly loose), a black sleeveless heavy-duty leather shirt with a reinforced front and a Titanium Alloy chestplate.

Image:
                    Spoiler:

(Only the chestplate. He will get the red cloth later.)

Strengths: He's smart, creative, strong willed, and physically strong, due to him working in the Titanium mines with his father. He is strong in body and mind, but prefers to think his way out of his problems. He is good at creating armor and weapons and enjoys building things. He is not a master of combat, but he is decent. He compensates for his sub-par combat skills by augmenting them with speed magic. He also loves to use his magic for just about anything, from slowing things down, to speeding them up to blinding speeds. He practiced with it ever since he first gained his magic abilities. He constantly pushes himself, always wanting to get better, and as a consequence, has gotten very proficient with it and is used to pushing his limits. He is also very good at surviving in the wild and living off the land, due to him and his father always going on camping trips and living in the woods. His Titanium Alloy items are lightweight compared to other metals, has a corrosion resistance comparable to that of Platinum (is almost corrosion-proof), very durable, and is highly heat and electrical resistant.

Titanium Properties:
                    Spoiler:

Melting Point: 3034 °F (1668 °C)

Boiling point: 5,948.6 °F (3287.0 °C)

Thermal Conductivity: 21.9 W·m−1·K−1 (Is a poor conductor of heat. Is heat resistant.)

Electrical Conductivity: Is a poor conductor. Allows only 3.1% of total electrical energy through itself. (Copper allows 100%, Stainless Steel allows 3.5%, and Aluminum allows 30%.)

http://www.keytometals.com/ARTICLE122.HTM

http://www.chemicool.com/elements/titanium.html

http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/ti.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

Weaknesses: He can sometimes be reckless and stubborn. He also constantly abuses his magic and sometimes overuses it, causing strain to his body. He is inexperienced in combat and knows little about knife-work and sword-play. He tries to compensate for this by augmenting his combat capabilities with speed magic. He is also very sensitive about the death of his father.
                    Last edited by S121; 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Excellent. Now where would you recommend me to start. I either want start in a big city with a big libary (Sidna's home) or a battlefield.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

ees bueno

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                          Excellent. Now where would you recommend me to start. I either want start in a big city with a big libary (Sidna's home) or a battlefield.
                          You? I would say you start in some district of Regius. Use your imagination For now, you're not needed by the legion, so just interact with your underlings, or perhaps go find General Malus.

Comment

Kilul-sama, add these new regions and towns to your roster of geographical features:

Rockhill District

A generally deserty and rocky region with lots of canyons and gorges. Covers the north of... Wherever Tyruss' city is.

Kalkun, Rockhill District

A very small town with only few stone houses and an inn that serves as the town hall. Inn owner, Rosmerta, serves as a mayor. Nicole is currently in this town.

Neo Vegas

An oasis in the middle of a desert, Neo Vegas quickly thrived as a gambling heaven just like the Vegas in real world. Was established long time ago before Tyruss' control, but the futuristic part of town is now in ruinous state and serves as a criminal center. The new Neo Vegas forms south of the futuristic ruin part. Most likely going to be under one of Tyruss' main city of activity.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I wonder what made you think of Neo Vegas...

Anyways, I'll need a good starter, but I refuse to read long posts, I have ADHD, it's impossibru. Any ideas, Ki?

Comment

I wonder what made you think of Neo Vegas...

Anyways, I'll need a good starter, but I refuse to read long posts, I have ADHD, it's impossibru. Any ideas, Ki?
                                I have ADHD, I had no problem with it

Comment

Working...
                                X