X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockhill District: Kalkun - Inn

"Hey, you're that guy... I found you on the road leading up to here, but a ranger came up and took you to this inn. Good to see you're still in one piece.", the man said.

Jason turned around to see a man with brown hair, green eyes, and a beard. He was wearing a white cotton shirt and tanned leather vest over it, as well as denim hosen and leather boots.

(Hmm... Based on his physique, this guy is not a fighter. Perhaps he uses magic? Or maybe he's a merchant. Based on the kind of boots he's wearing, that would be the case. They look like they're designed for lots of travel. That would also explain why someone would be traveling on the road at such a late hour. As for that ranger, I'll have to thank them.)

Jason then answered the man.

"I've had worse. I've burned my hands many times while working with molten Titanium, so I'm pretty used to injury... What happened? Who's the ranger?", Jason asked in a casual tone.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Regius Central

After some time Sidna got the guards around the area to set up the boy on their wanted list.
      She was currently waiting for the posters to be made. While she was there she also made sure that the wanted posts of the others were still good.

After fixing the posters there wasn't much else to do so she went home to sleep. She was tiered and didn't want to stay up for much longer.
      Tomorrow she was going to continue the studying and maybe go hunting if she got any sightings.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Regius Central District - 1:30 AM

"YOU LET THEM ESCAPE?!"

Tyruss's throne room was ablaze with rage. Vohr and Tenebrae had both just given their reports to the emperor and to say he was displeased would be an understatement of unfathomable magnitudes.

"Apologies, sir. The one called Phenom was far too fast for me. Keeping up was nearly impossible," Vohr lied. It was never really a matter of speed. Yes, Phenom was too fast for him, but he barely tried keeping up, nor did Phenom really move too quickly to begin with. It was a rather short duel. In reality, he wanted Tenebrae or Malus to fight him instead. He would much rather have fought Tenebrae's target instead. Two fire users would make a fun battle.

"Forgive me, my lord. The one called Seki proved too resourceful for me. She smelled me out even when I blinded her and tricked me into close quarters. She grabbed me and my body soon became very hot. I had no choice but to disengage." Tenebrae said. She had less reason to lie as she wanted to fight Seki in the first place but knew that after this disappointment, she would not be given a second chance at the girl.

Tyruss was beside himself. His body shook with anger at his two subordinates.

"Do you two realize the threat that those rebels pose to this empire?! A SPEEDY LITTLE PRICK AND A HOT-HEADED PSYCHO ARE NOT THE KIND OF RABBLE-ROUSERS I NEED TO DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW!"

"Apologies, my lord." said both of the generals.

"MALUS!" he called out. The shout was soon answered with a short man with dark hair (think similar to Levi from Attack on Titan) stepping into the room

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Get these two out of my sight... I want this situation resolved as soon as possible..."

"Yes sir."
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Salt flats

Matomo put down his book, he was once again starting to feel the immense drain that came from him using too much magic before he recovered. He allowed the light to wink out and prepared to lie down to sleep.

But a thought occured to him, and he drew in the `net`, instead of throwing it out in a circle again, he threw it in a straight line towards the city. He was only able to see up to the city walls. But that was enough. He could see that there were wanted posters with his face on them. Matomo felt amused, now he could not go back in the city. He wanted to see his list of crimes and bounty but it was too dark where the posters were, and although he could collect visuals from that distance, it was too great a distance for him to work any other magic.

`if you think about it literally...i became a wanted person for throwing two balls of grass into the face of a woman who threatened to put me in a vacuum.`

After overcoming his hysterical laughter, he threw the `net` out once again in a circle, which was about the exact distance he could see, this way it took virtually no energy to maintain. Thus he could keep watch as he laid down to sleep. But right before he fell asleep, he realized another thing.

`where the hell am i going to get books now?`
          Last edited by bookdragon2000; 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM.
          How many times can you die a day~?
          How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Calidus Desert - Otori

Otori had been wandering around the desert for much time. He was growing weary and weak from the intense cold of the desert night.

*chatter chatter* Ugh, it's so... cold... I... might freeze to death at this rate... looks like... it's time... to get... creative.

Otori summoned a large plate of wind and placed a large amount of sand in it. He slowly shaped the wind plate into a bowl while placing dirt in it until it was a ball full of dirt. Then he raised it into the air. He then summoned another sphere around it with space, like an atmosphere. He placed another atmosphere around that one. This took a lot of energy as it it. But with what he was about to do, it would take so much energy he would be drenched in sweat despite the cold air.

He began compressing the air. The pressure rose and rose until ultimately, it exploded. The sand flew everywhere like a firework.

I hope someone got the message. Ugh... time to move on anyways.

He kept walking, hoping someone with transportation would retrieve him.

Comment

"Burning or cutting hands seems to be the norm in this world," Eric added as he wiggled his bandaged fingers. "As for what happened, well, I was walking up to this town when I found you lying face-down in the dust. Decided to root around a little, but before I did that, I went to check for a pulse. Next thing I know, this ranger comes up with a bow and arrow about to do the same thing."

The merchant paused to scratch his chin. A part of him was a little unnerved at his own behavior. Information was worth a lot in these parts, and just giving it away meant that there were no coins to be earned. Still, the poor sap looked like he needed some direction, and Eric wasn't that cold.

"The ranger... Black hair, violet eyes, easy to look at. Nice woman. Good with kids," he joked. "I believe she said her name was Kris. Friend of yours?"

Comment

Jason shook his head and answered the man.

"Nope. Where I live.. lived, we didn't see too many visitors. I was usually in the forge, working on items while my dad dealt with the customers."

There was just the slightest traces of sadness on Jason's face when he mentioned his father. Jason missed him. Jason's father, Thomas, was the only family Jason had, and now he was gone. Jason was alone, completely alone. Jason never thought that his whole life could be shattered so quickly and easily.

Jason received his meal and paid for it, then continued to talk.

"I suppose I should thank her, Kris. Thanks for finding me. Better you finding me than the ones that were chasing me.", Jason said as he began to eat his food.

Jason finished quickly, then turned back to the man.

"Anyways, my name's Jason. I was a blacksmith and Titanium miner.", Jason said in a casual tone. The food helped to let him open up more. It helped him feel more at ease and less concerned over spies, assassins, or anything of the sort.
                Last edited by S121; 07-26-2013, 12:13 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Not knowing the time, Kris woke up and looked at the room, her bow was on the corner with the quiver perched on it, the sword was just below the bed hidden with some cloth and finally her dagger was below her pillow just in case of a sudden attack ("Looks like I got time for some fresh air") she thought while opening the window and feeling the air getting into the room

tying her boots and belt, the huntress walked downstairs of the inn searching for a chair to relax while taking a bottle of water, such a simple drink yet the most refreshing and tasty for long travelers. She took the drink and enjoyed how the water went through her throat, taking out her dagger, the huntress started sharpening it while whistling with ease

("Just another day in a virtual reality were you can die and be lost in pure darkness, that would be a really nice ad for the HiveNet staff") she thought about the gods forsaken chip as she looked at the edge of the dagger making a mirror of herself.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Everyone had a story, but it took some time and prodding to get all the details, Eric knew. He figured this Jason fellow had fallen on hard times, most likely sharp, dangerous ones if he was worried about being chased. By whom, it did not matter. As long as the man was in one piece, he could keep on living his life and aspire to make it better. Commendable. Personally, Eric had more interest in locales, ruins, and temples than he did in people. Buildings held no secrets other than the ones humans carved into them.

The merchant nodded as a way of saying 'you're welcome' to the man. He neither pressed the strange sadness on his face nor cared about it. If the man had a problem, it was his alone to deal with, seeing as a man's business was always his own. Luckily, the sadness seemed to have vanished after a bit of food and drink were consumed. Unsurprising. Good food and drink never failed to uplift one's spirits, no matter the problem. Lost a deal? Wine. Lose your house? Roast chicken. Wife died? Here, have a rib-eye steak and some whiskey.

"I figured you a laborin' type. Pleasure to meet you, Jason," Eric replied. "Name's Eric Reynard, traveling merchant. If you need something, chances are that I got it somewhere on me or my partner outside." The merchant looked over his shoulder and noticed the ranger had returned. "Hmm. Well, there's the ranger right there..."

Comment

Jason saw the ranger sharpening her dagger.

She wore black and grey form-fitting leather armor, perhaps for sneaking and stealth. There was a black leather skirt along her waist and armored leather gloves on her hands. She also wore armored leather boots that went yup to her knees. Her outfit definitely suggested that she frequented the wild, based on the various reinforced areas, such as her knees, feet, and hands.

Jason then turned his head over to Eric and spoke.

"Thank you Eric. If you're still here tomorrow, I'll be sure to take a look at your wares. I should go thank her for carrying me here.", Jason said as he stood up out of his chair.

Jason slid the chair under the table and walked over to the ranger.

"Hello. I heard that you were the one that carried me here, right? I wanted to thank you.", Jason said.
                      sigpic

Comment

The huntress was finishing with her dagger and saw the guy through the reflection of the weapon "Its no problem, Im more worried with the cause of your injuries, so let me ask you something" she said while sheating her dagger

"You were fighting an adept fighter and for the bruises you got it is possibly a fire or wind type user, why were you being chased? by a mercenary or by the law? Kris asked with calm while drinking her water

She eyed the man "I suggest you to be honest, because this town is one of the last peaceful places from the empire´s threat"
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jason was put on edge by the ranger's questioning, but he still answered them.

"I was attacked by Tyruss's men. They sent someone to kill me, but I jumped away. Most of these injuries are from falling out of the sky."

Jason paused then continued. It seemed as if what he was going to say next upset him.

"I'm being chased because I killed 36 of his men. They.. tried to take the Titanium mines and our home, but my father wouldn't let them,.... so they... I killed them for taking everything away from me.", Jason said, not making eye contact with the ranger.

"As for the wounds, I'll heal them soon. I'm just too lazy to do it right now.", Jason continued with a slightly more positive tone.
                          sigpic

Comment

The huntress sighed as the man was avoiding her "Im asking you these questions because there are always Tyruss spies hidden as civilians or lost travelers, so that worries me" she said moving her glass of water in circles

Kris got up and prepared to leave to her room, godess.. she was tired "Being a wanted man will make you a target for many mercenaries, I suggest you to change your clothes" she suggested him while going to the stairs

"The name is Kris, nicce to meet you miner" The huntress said and left to her room for meditation

Spoiler:

Comment

(My name is not "miner", it's Jason. And I'm not just a miner, I'm also a blacksmith.), Jason thought to himself as he formed a slight scowl on his face.

"My name is Jason, not 'miner'.", Jason said as he quickly removed the look on his face, just in case Kris turned around.

Jason grabbed his two whiskey bottles, walked over to his room, and sat on the bed.

(What the hell just happened within these few hours!? One moment, I'm walking through the woods, trying to escape that f*cking green robed air-head. The next hour, I meet a crazy girl, a ranger starts interrogating me, and I have absolutely NO idea what to do next!, Jason thought to himself as he plopped the rest of himself down on the bed.

(Oh well... I'd might as well take care of these wounds.)

Jason focused on his body, mainly his cells. Jason then started to speed up their mitosis, causing them to split apart and replace the damaged tissue within a minute. Jason raised his arms and examined them for any remaining injuries. He then checked the rest of himself, then stopped the healing process.

(I should probably bathe...)

Jason got up out of bed and walked to the bathhouse...

...After about an hour, Jason returned to his room. He had his clothes cleaned and was refreshed by the bathhouse's warm water.

(Ahhhh... Now to sleep.)

He then took off his armor and clothes and laid down in bed, quickly drifting off to sleep within minutes.
                              Last edited by S121; 07-27-2013, 12:55 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

The following morning Seki awoke with a loud yawn. She stretched her limbs as far as she could, pushing and pushing until she reached her limit. She held the position for a few moments before sighing in relaxation. “Ahh… It feels odd waking up somewhere else for a change. Wonder if I could smuggle this bed out of here?” Seki leaned over slightly to peak out the window to see if maybe the green robed woman had come back yet to hunt for her new comrade. While unfortuinatly she didn’t see the faker, she did see a lot of other people walking the streets even this early in the morning.

According to the ranger from before the town was controlled by the empire but Seki didn’t consider the possibility oh a sudden abush on the Inn. However she had killed a baker and stolen clothing from a randome stranger, not to mention Jason had been seen by the enemy fleeing in this direction so it wouldn’t be surprising if the lawmen and lawwomen of Kalkun had set up a trap. But how large an attack could be mounted in such a short time, if any at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X