X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Not only that, when I charged the guns and fired, the blasts damaged the piping for the weapons, making it so that they didn't have a flow of ammo. XD

Anyways, the ship actually has two power cores, due to the ship's twin-sided design. The ship is kind of shaped like a pecan.

The ship has A LOT of weapons, making it little more than a "gun boat" with a house inside of it. It has pretty much a weapon for any situation. Of course, it would be a bad idea to have all these weapons firing at once. Too much energy consumption can actually cause the ship to lose power and shut off.

I still need to try and calculate how much energy would be needed for some of the weapon systems, as well as the energy shield, but I think things will be fine.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

its ok to put some detail but remember to let imagination fuel the idea, not super detailed things.

and time to fall asleep, cya ^^
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ahh, but science-fiction is the art of taking your imagination and using it to push reality like an envelope, watching it bend as you do so. ;p

I don't know why, but I enjoy taking what is possible, what is or can be real, and testing its limits. I like to quantify what I imagine by basing it in reality, using numbers, then giving reasons why it could be possible. I'll admit, all the details can be a bit much, but for some reason, I actually find it fun to find and add all the details.
        Last edited by S121; 10-24-2014, 01:45 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
          its ok to put some detail but remember to let imagination fuel the idea, not super detailed things.

and time to fall asleep, cya ^^
          We're talking about s1 here. It will likely be a mixture of both. Mostly the latter,

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

oh well, just bear with me since Iīm more for the former
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Wriggs helped me fill in possible names for the last two nymph sisters

Fire -> Kanna
              Wind -> Cataerina

I'm aiming for loosely rhyming and this sorta works

Zoe, Khloe, Kanna, Cataerina

The four names roll off the tongue when said in that order. And it might become the order they are in in terms of oldest -> youngest.

Comment

Ok I want to draw attention to this random passage cause...this is big.

Void

"There's always a way!"

"You can't give up hope! We can make it through this!"

"We will not yield!"

The voices echoed in the corners of Aion's mind. They seem so distant, memories of a bygone age. At the present, Aion couldn't tell where he was. He couldn't see anything. He couldn't feel anything. Nothing. None of his senses could grasp where he was. He couldn't tell if he was lying down, standing up, or falling. However, when he went to reach for his face, he could still feel the pressure of his hand against his face and his face against his hand. He was awake, but everything felt so unreal.

"The void, as a concept, is the absence of all existence."
                "So the void doesn't exist?"
                "...in a way, yes."
                "Then why are we afraid of the void?"
                "...because it does exist."
                "But that contradicts what you just said. If it does exist, how can it not exist?"
                "...it's...it's complicated."
                "Well, couldn't ya say that it's the embodiment of a paradox?"
                "A paradox? I guess but... still, why do we have to fear the void?"

The hairs on Aion's nape stood on end. Something else was there with him. Although none of his other senses detected anything, he still had that feeling there was something, or someone else close by.

"...a consciousness. There is a consciousness tied to the void."
                "Wha-" Aion suddenly became alert. It was another memory...but this one was foreign. The voice associated with it was familiar but...

"My colleague was indeed successful." The image of Nyx started to form in his mind. "However...due to the unstable nature of which they achieved this..."
                "...Replicating it would be unwise?" Another voice, this time a man.
                "Yes."
                "And what of the GAIA Project?"
                "Done, we will be able to utilize it should-"
                "Should the parasites spread any further?"
                "Pardon?"
                "Your former colleague has already utilized the void to create a new race of parasites to cleanse the galaxy of all other beings."
                "...I...I see..."
                "However, the possibility of these creatures escaping the bounds of the galaxy is high enough that a means to destroy them is necessary. And we believe the GAIA Project can be modified to do that and perform what we initially intended to do with the VOID Project."
                "You...intend on using the GAIA Computer to wipe out all beings? Not just restoring resources?"
                "Precisely."
                "But-"
                "I am sure you will be able to modify it accordingly, won't you, Venturia?"
                "...Y-yes. I'll begin work right...away."

The memory ended and left Aion with a plethora of questions and revelations. A sharp pain in his mind prevented him from dwelling on the recent discoveries. The pain of memories being forcefully brought to the forefront of his mind made Aion reel. A sudden onslaught of words, said by various people he knew, were brought together into a sentence.

"You cannot escape me, spawn of Venturia."

As the pain subsided, Aion looked forward. In the nothingness, he thought he could see the silhouette of a person. "You're...the..."

Pain again as everyone he knew said in unison "Void."
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Either you have these drafts in sketches or your imagination skyrockets every hour or so

So far I like them though.

Spoiler:

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

To be completely honest, the latter is what kinda happens.
                    Did I ever mention that every waking moment I play out various scenes in my head depending on what I feel like, what I've been recently working on, and what music I'm listening to?

These random passages are moments when I take one of those scenes and jot them down.

The last one was where I suddenly thought of how an encounter with the Void actually might be like.
                    It doesn't feel as strong as the prior one with Cicero and Aion which I've been playing out in my head for a few months now and came back to with new information. I'll probably revisit the Void passage soon. Though it might also be the fact I don't know when this would actually happen. I was guessing Era of Echoes... But I'm thinking maybe it doesn't happen to Aion...
                    Actually that explains why it feels shakey, cause I'm still uncertain about details.
                    Yea, I'm definitely going to revisit this one later when I have a better feel for where it belongs.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-27-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Had a sudden idea that might explain the properties of the notable materials of the galaxy.
                      Primarily Corlaviri's "Spirit Harmonics"

On the side:
                      Nihiliod's Inerium/Forterium hybrid exoskeleton

(This is more me reminding myself for later)

Comment

Let me make this official
                        "Double" posting is fine as long as the situation is more "independent" of other RPers.

Comment

And to follow up on this

This passage has been a concept I've had for the crystals and energy but never really had a basis to work off of before...
                          Now I kinda do.

Harmony of Death

Aion stood his ground, Mercurius held at the ready. Blood ran crimson from his wounds. Despite being on the brink of collapsing, he was calm. His heartbeat was slowing; his breathing was even and relaxed. Though it was faint, the blade of Mercurius seemed to reverberate with energy. The enemy was preparing to rush him, hell-bent on breaching the walls. If one saw Aion, he would appear to be succumbing to the pain as his eyes closed and his body went limp for a brief moment. His heart stopped. Starla, who was monitoring Aion's vitals from the base, stared at the monitor in disbelief. On one it showed Aion still standing; the other was telling her that he was dead. What happened next confused her even more: Aion began to move.

Aion charged into the fray, however his movements were reminisce of that of a marionette. Guided by some invisible force, his body deftly cut down the first wave of enemies unhindered by pain. Mercurius cut through the Forterium armor of foes as if it was paper. Its edge coated in blood and sharpened by the Gaia energy. Mercurius, forged from Corlaviri Crystal, had reached a state few Corlaviri weapons ever do: Spirit Harmony, a phenomenon where one's life energy resonates to such a degree with a Corlaviri Crystal that they resonate together at the same harmonic frequency of both Gaia and Anti energy. Aion's spirit and Mercurius's energy became one and the same. His body and the sword were now both simply vessels of energy. Both were now inanimate objects being guided by the combined energy.

Corpses of the enemy forces were strewn about the battle field. Allied soldiers looked at Aion in shock and awe as he started to sheath Mercurius. As soon as the blade latched into place in the scabbard, Aion's eyes shot open as his body suddenly came back to life. All at once, the pain of his wounds flooded his mind. His face contorted to that of a silent scream as his knees buckled, allowing him to collapse to the ground, unconscious. The nearby soldiers quickly rushed to Aion, gently lifting him up to bring him to the medical ward.

The concept is that Corlaviri, Gaia energy, and Anti Energy have "harmonics"
                          Gaia is physical and Anti is spiritual energy. Corlaviri serves as a vessel for either.
                          A person's body serves as a vessel for Anti energy. When Gaia and Anti energy both reverberate together in a harmonic, the combination is amplified. Therefore when this happens with something like a weapon, it gets an incredible boost. When it happens with a person and a Corlaviri crystal, that person effectively dies. However their consciousness is still tied to the energy of both weapon and body. Effectively, the body and weapon become a puppet to the energy, which is given a consciousness by the person.
                          A Spirit Harmonic "connection" would have to be severed between the two vessels in order for it to end. In the case above, Mercuius's scabbard served that role to isolate Mercurius's energy from Aion's spirit.

A device I made mention of before was the "Nova Engine"
                          Instead of simply having two or more crystals near each other, they have to have the same Harmonic frequency in order to overcharge.

And I'm literally making this up now as I go...
                          Gemini Crystals - Two Corlaviri Crystals that have the exact same frequency.

Forcing two crystals that are not exactly the same can be forced into a harmonic, however this is less stable and can catastrophic results.
                          This would explain why so many Nova Engines failed...

...In essence...A person can conduct Gaia and Anti Energy similar to that of the Corlaviri Crystals.
                          Finding a crystal that creates a Gemini pair with a person is more likely than finding two people that create the same.

Comment

people, I double posted because more than 24 hours have passed, I know you may be busy and all, but just to let you know (mostly Cucoo) that a story that gets too slow will have high chances of being forgotten

Spoiler:

Comment

@kristia
                              See my previous... prior post
                              I'm making it official you can do that

Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-30-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

But I will wait for at leat 24 hours first, I donīt want to cause problems with other RPers because of timeline

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X