Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... Hey Cucoo, where do you think an eligible spot is to introduce Hiel?

By gods... Why am I always insisting on using magic >O< I've been in so many magic rps that I can't stop!!!

Comment

@ Wonder

There is magic here.
      It's just not called magic.

Plus if Hiel is from outside Venturia, you can give him w/e ya want.

And he is supposed to be from outside the Galaxy, so you can start him in some place in space.
      I would probably team up where everyone is right now, and that's Helios System.

Comment

Ethan is now done. I'll do his ship's app later.

Ethan "Phoenix" Ambers
        Spoiler:

Name: Ethan "Phoenix" Ambers

Appearance:

Race: Superhuman

Profession and/or Talents: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter. Expert marksman, skilled in hand-to-hand combat, expert with knives and swords, good at hacking, modifying, and repairing machinery, and an accomplished pilot. He is pretty self-reliant and is intelligent.

Inventory:
        Spoiler:

Weapons
        Spoiler:

Guns
        Spoiler:

2 .45 Custom Pistols:
        Spoiler:
        These .45 pistols have been custom made to increase accuracy and reduce recoil. They are nothing overly remarkable, ancient even, but they are very reliable. Each pistol can hold 15 rounds.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...by_adonihs.jpg

XMA-38 Assault Rifle
        Spoiler:
        The XMA-38 is a gauss rifle that can switch between, semi-automatic, full-auto, and burst-fire. The weapon fires 5.56mm rounds at a velocity of Mach 5. The lower attachment of the weapon is a 25mm grenade launcher, but the rotating barrel can be swapped out for rotating barrels suited for 2 and 8 gauge shotgun shells, as well as 40mm grenades. The rifle itself can hold up to 80 rounds, thanks to the casket clips they use.

http://pressxordie.files.wordpress.c...gun1_thumb.jpg

2 ZCX-S2 Gauss Machine Pistols
        Spoiler:
        These ZCX Series 2 pistols are fully automatic gauss machine pistols that fire 2mm rounds at Mach 5. Each pistol can hold 80 rounds in each clip, thanks to the casket clips they use.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/909303_f520.jpg

LVS-32 Sniper Rifle
        Spoiler:
        The LVS-32 Sniper Rifle fires a 7.62mm round at Mach 20 and has a 2x - 200x view scope. The sniper rifle holds 10 casket clip-fed rounds.

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net...jpg?1385415168

TRX-77
        Spoiler:
        The TRX-77 is an anti-tank weapon that fires 25mm round at just above Mach 40. This weapon can be loaded with either 25mm grenades, or slugs, depending on the situation. The weapon can hold up to five rounds in each clip.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...itar_image.gif

GCC-60 Magnum Pistol
        Spoiler:
        The GCC-60 Magnum Pistol fires a .60 caliber round at Mach 2. The weapon is meant mainly for heavily armed targets at short range. It's design is primitive to the current time's weapon technology, but it's effectiveness as a man-stopper is unquestionable. In order to compensate for the heavy recoil, a counterbalance has been placed on the weapon. The weapon can hold up to 7 rounds.

http://gorillaartfare.com/wp-content...0/handgun3.jpg

Melee Weapons
        Spoiler:

Handheld Chainsaw and Plasma Rod
        Spoiler:
        The handheld chainsaw is a miniaturized version of a normal chainsaw, except it's meant for combat. The Carbon Steel blades on the chain makes the weapon resilient to damage, but it's mainly meant for cutting through unarmored targets and not armor.

The Plasma Rod is crude in its design, but still very dangerous. The coil heats up to 20,000 *F (11,093.33 *C) and is capable of vaporizing flesh and warping most armors in a single sweep. It is very dangerous, but if the heating rod is damaged, the weapon will become unstable and will break.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u1afivsUZb...by_adonihs.jpg

Heated Ceramic Carbide Sword
        Spoiler:
        This sword is made up of Ceramic Carbide, making it somewhat heavy, but is virtually indestructible and will never lose its edge. The cutting edge of the blade can be heated up to temperatures reaching 70,000 *F (38871.11 *C), causing a thin sheet of plasma to form over the cutting edge. From there, a magnetic field is applied to the plasma from the blade, shaping the plasma into a thin edge that reaches the atomic scale. This allows it to cut through some of the strongest materials with ease, but it needs time to charge after being used for a certain amount of time.

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/1...igital_art.jpg

2 Ceramic Carbide Combat Knives
        Spoiler:
        These Ceramic Carbide Combat Knives are virtually indestructible and will never lose their edge. They are lightweight and easy to use, but are meant for close-quarters combat.

http://extreme-pro.net/398-thickbox_...-noz-nieto.jpg

Shock Units
        Spoiler:
        Located on the knuckles, forearms, and elbows of the suit are nano-sized shock units capable of shocking or stunning opponents by targeting their nervous system. The effects from the shock units are temporary paralysis, pain, weakness, violently shaking, and unconsciousness, depending on the strength of the shock.

Armor
        Spoiler:
        Ethan's armor is made out of extra-durable nano-fibers capable of defending against, most small caliber weapons, while the armor plating is a special type of Titanium Alloy. This Titanium Alloy is lightweight, but incredibly durable, only being able to be damaged by higher powered and/or and large caliber weaponry.

The helmet has an onboard HUD, allowing Ethan to see information on his location, his ship's status, and many other things. His HUD comes with a radar/minimap, ammo counter, targeting system, armor and body condition readout, and oxygen readout. It also has various vision modes, allowing Ethan to pick out targets more easily. The helmet comes with an oxygen supply that can filter out the air in the environment and store it for later. In the case of an emergency, the oxygen tank will use digitized oxygen to keep the user alive.

The armor has an onboard computer that allows the suit to perform complex tasks and even create new tasks. It is all dependent on what Ethan uses it for. The armor also comes with an anti-gravity module, allowing Ethan to control where in space he floats during EVA missions, and to an extent, fly. His suit is lined with a layer that keeps his armor at a regulated temperature, allowing him to traverse deserts and sub-zero temperatures without worrying about freezing or burning. When the suit gets damaged, it can repair itself with nanomachines. His suit also comes with a miniature quantum reactor able to power all of the suit's functions.

The boots have shock absorbers that protect the user from being injured from falling great distances.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u1afivsUZb...by_adonihs.jpg

Misc.
        Spoiler:
        Drinks, candy, teargas, flashbangs, a box of cigarettes, a digital storage compartment, ammunition, and a remote ship caller.

Personality: Ethan is relatively calm and friendly, although he can quickly change moods, depending on the situation. He usually remarks about particular situations and is not one to care too much during a fight. In battle, he can sometimes be a little arrogant, due to his inability to die by normal means. Despite his job, there are some contracts he will refuse. As he says, "Even mercs have standards."

History/Bio: In the past, Ethan was a part of a program to make genetically enhanced humans. With him, they altered his DNA so that he would always have super malleable DNA, allowing him to adapt to adapt to hostile environments and to intense combat situations. After a couple more years, Ethan decided that he had enough of being a test subject, especially after hearing about the mistreatment of other people like him. When they peacefully tried to stop him from leaving the facility, they failed and resorted to trying to kill him. Unfortunately, they created something that could not be easily killed, and after an intense battle, Ethan escaped the test facility. Ethan is now a bounty hunter and mercenary, putting his skills to good use. There's still times when the people that created him try to capture or kill him, but they have yet to succeed. He has been dubbed by many as "Phoenix", due to his inability to die by normal means, and because of the rumors about him being able to survive temperatures that would incinerate most people. Little do they know that the rumors aren't entirely true...

Notes: Ultra-adaptive DNA. Unstable DNA in a sense, only benign, beneficial even. Thanks to his ultra-adaptive DNA, he can quickly regenerate from any wound within a couple seconds, to a few minutes, depending on the injury. Because of this, he is very hard to kill. Not only that, it also allows him to adapt to any situation, depending on how long he's put under stress. Without any stress, he has the same strength, speed, resilience, and reaction time of a normal human, but when put under certain kinds of physical stress, his body slowly adapts to the situation at hand. For example, let's say there's a 100 metric tonne object he has to lift. Normally, he has the normal strength of a human, but the longer he tries to lift the object, the stronger he becomes. Given enough time, he will be able to lift the object, but after a couple of minutes, his DNA/physiology will revert back to normal, returning all of his abilities back to that of a normal human.

Also, surprisingly, he is very similar to the person in his appearance pictures. The appearance is from a comic, Last Man Standing (LMS). The character depicted is Gabriel, who actually has abilities similar to Ethan.

Theme (just for the heck of it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k019y0HeznY
        Last edited by S121; 05-03-2014, 01:23 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Alright he's set.

...you know I should get around to pulling and archiving the apps before I forget....

Comment

I also forgot to mention. BRS AKA Megumi uses a Digital Storage devices for her weapons the Rock Cannon, and the Black Blade. I will add that to her app soon.

Comment

just to let you know cucoo, Mara is going to the corner tower
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Right

Assume grey notes lead you to the 7th floor through all the mazes also the safest route.

nothing is safe from the shadows

Comment

@mima

Let me check...the reaper just leapt in front of Mima and Eorthe? Because I'm having trouble connecting the last sentence to the rest of the paragraph...
                  How many times can you die a day~?
                  How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

The hell, it split up the last sentence of the post from the rest of the paragraph. Sorry, didn't mean it. I'll fix it. It was somewhat what I was intending though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Just a heads up for next time, just be sure to tell us when you're going to drop a ship on a planet. It's a pretty big deal/event.

We got everything situated now, but try and ask us next time, okay?
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

just a concept about the shadows and thus the Demonarcs

Think of them like Lion Ants

they don't exactly move once set.
                        They can't freely move into the light (hence why it said stay in the light.)
                        The one way they can move in the light is by latching onto a person and acting as their shadow.
                        people don't have shadows in the HoT as a sort of enchantment. If they do then that's a Demonarc portal shadow.
                        crossing over a shadow or standing in one of the natural shadows of the halls leads to the Demonarcs being able to grab them.

Shadows are sort of like Demonarc's ways of creating portals and to exist outside of the HoD in the Manor.
                        So if you walk through a shadow, you'll find yourself with a shadow.
                        Now natural occurring shadows in the building (i.e. shadows cast by columns) can be dissipated slightly by light, but the shadows will still try to get to you if you are within their natural bounds (imagine a pitch black hallway and your carrying a lantern. It would look like a perfect sphere of light that is trying to be invaded by the moving shadows of the hallway.
                        The HoT doesn't have a pitch black area, but the natural shadows cast by objects and columns still exist, creating the maze like features of the Manor (the building itself is straight forward if you ignore how the Shadows are in the rooms. If you pay attention to the shadows, it's actually an invisible maze with the shadows being the walls.

Comment

@Book

Which part of the HoT is everyone in?

North, south, east, or west?
                          sigpic

Comment

The side with the stairs I suppose...which I guess is either east or west...assuming the entrance is at the south and no one would place stairs directly opposite the entrance. Considering there are those demonarcs and the sun is at the west side, they should be at the east.

anyway, gd night
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

@Book

Ok.

Nighty night.
                              sigpic

Comment

@ Book

There's 4 sets of stairs in each corner of the building.

Technically speaking, the HoT is the entrance Hall for the Sanctuary.
                                And the primary entrance is at the 12th floor. The one behind the clock is a secondary and is the only one that connects at the first floor.

The main deal is is technically you can't just take one set of stairs all the way up.
                                A Shadow would block your way up.
                                So even though there are 4 sets of stairs, its still maze like.

And it's not like an entire side of the Halls is dark.
                                It's how the shadows fall within naturially.
                                Think of every object in the Halls being a sun dial. Except instead of the Sun, its torches.
                                The naturally cast shadows vary from floor to floor.
                                Each floor corresponding to a time of day.
                                So even though there are duplicate rooms, you wouldn't go through them the same on each floor due to the way the shadows naturally are cast in the rooms.

Comment

Working...
                                X