X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

If that is the case Organization XIII is slowly fading towards counting as one character (although this one character as a organization have already made it's appearance once)
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

It is kinda...subjective (not exactly my most favorite concept in the world) but It would help in the fact that instead of having about 18 characters, you would...to beat the rule...would have 6 counting in that tally instead

you would have "technically" 18 characters
      but it would count as 6.

I don't know what I'm on right now but it...
      ....just makes things really confusing.
      I think I'll just raise the limit.

@ Mima
      What do I need to raise the limit of 22 chara to?

Comment

@Cucoo

Let's be honest, there's no use trying to put a limit.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Ya I think I'll just say as a general guideline of having 1 main character which is a Video Game Character.

because, yea...

Guidelines.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Let's honor Major-san and his doctrines.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@ Wriggle

We've gone full circle from having a limit of one chara as defined by Major, to having no limit after everything went wild in Season 1 to trying to re-implement a limit, to having no limit, but one condition.

...so before I think of something else insane...
              I think It be best if I just abandon ship now until my official return.

until then.
              Cheers

Now...I leave

Comment

Cyanerd.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                  fix'd

of course I will adjust this limit accordingly dependent upon what happens.
                  ...of course I doubt anyone could truly exceed that limit, but...just in case.

@ Chaos
                  Kinda look at your own personality, and then look at the personalities of the characters.
                  Then look for parallels or exaggerations of similar traits.
                  That's one possible way of deciding.
                  That is, 22 characters and 5 master characters. For questioning on what master characters are, press 1.

Comment

ugh.. effing internet, but im back
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back!
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

thank you utsuh
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                          Ok here's how this all ties together.
                          Mima, I think you were saying that there are more Lords of Hell that you control and that puts you over the limit, correct? (Or are ya saying something else?)

Let's say this:

If each "Lord of Hell" has a distinct background deep enough to actually fill an App out to a certain level of detail, then each one would count as a character.

If individually they are too flat of a character...like Red Link, Blue Link, and Purple Link....Then they would count as 1.

...If this works as an argument for ya, then I'll add this concept as a part of an amendment.
                          I wasn't thinking about the Lords of Hell. And yeah, I didn't list all the characters I have on that chart. Let me have a list for you, for characters both alive and dead (mainly in Winslow's case)

Koishi Komeiji
                          Sariel
                          Malthael
                          Salvador
                          Pontius
                          Mr. Foster
                          Yumemi
                          Mimi
                          Mima
                          Dr. Kliener
                          The Auditor
                          The Higher Powers
                          Hank J. Wimbleton
                          Deimos
                          Sanford
                          GlaDOS
                          Sir Reginald Von Winslow
                          Vinnie and Spike (technically two characters)
                          Voltar
                          Gravemind
                          Tricky
                          Phobos
                          The AAHW
                          Marisa Kirisame
                          Mental's Army
                          Mephisto
                          Belial
                          Diablo
                          Baal
                          Andariel
                          Duriel
                          Azmodan
                          Serious Sam
                          Heavy Weapons Guy
                          Mini Mima
                          The Akrids
                          Mag Agent: Torture

And those are the ones I can list off the top of my head.

And about the Lords of Hell being seperate or not, it depends on the characters. Ones like Diablo, Baal and Mephisto do have quite an important history to them, as well as Belial and Azmodan, not so much for the others though.
                          Last edited by Koishi; 12-03-2013, 10:14 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I'm back, lads and lassies.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@ Mima

Holy...
                              Ok I'm not even going to ask how that worked out and when.

Anyway I'm not going to worry about it. We're "kinda" starting fresh a bit with this season II...

...Just curious....
                              You wouldn't try to bring back all of those...right? Please tell me they were temporary fluff characters

Anyway....Ok I just asked Major about the mysterious Organization and I came up with a concept because the way he described it kinda matched the way I had ACO, except even more vile and evil~
                              I'm thinking of splitting ACO into two sections and I'ma take a team name concept from my story for now.

ACO
                              - PALADIN
                              - WRAITH

Now I'm seriously thinking of changing the PALADINS to something else considering the definition of a Paladin...though it would make for a nice irony...
                              Concept is having the PALADINS be the division of ACO that would do what Major had in mind for the mysterious Organization he mentioned. Basically, take out characters.
                              WRAITH on the other hand is the division which Eleos is a part of. They might be ACO but they have a different set of ideals...

Anyway I'm just throwing this out there for the time being.

Originally posted by Major Mario
                              [...]
                              The Organization, in my eyes, always employed agents to do their dirty work. This would range from blackmail to assassinations, even ruining villages if the need arises. As this goes on, researchers and project heads within the safe confines of the Organization's bases would be gaining ground by extracting powers and getting ever closer to getting into videogame worlds. So far, they can bring in small items that have little to no special effects, like the Mushroom Power-up from Mario Bros.

I played the Organization as something to be feared, as a character wouldn't know if they would be terrorized or captured.
                              [...]
                              ...Also something is telling me that we overpowered things even when we think we didn't because every discussion puts
                              characters >>> real world
                              emphasis on the triple greater than.
                              I'm getting the vibe that in Major's initial concept the characters were nerfed so that it would be a balanced playing field between real world and the game characters, thus creating more of a struggle for the characters. Right now the game characters have everything delivered to em on a silver platter. I think even though we're trying to bring things back to the roots, we can't because of this.

EDIT
                              Nerf is the wrong word here, but still, we lack a simpler struggle, instead we're resorting to near world destroying events to give the characters any form of challenge (inb4 what wriggle is currently putting Yuuka through).
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Everyone has their own agenda. Every character has their own agenda. Take Juri Han from Street Fighter, for instance. She's a total bitch (I say that as a compliment) who works for an evil organization, carrying out tasks and missions as they are given to her. But she has her own plans, and she has a desire to take over the organization for her own gain. What is happening in the world doesn't matter to her in the slightest. She lives in the now and fights for herself.

I believe it's too late to do much about the RP at this point, however. Now, I shall retire to my bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X