Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Nighty night.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

Good night
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Welcome back!!!

Comment

Here's your daily dose of WTF.

http://i.imgur.com/RrbRc.jpg
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
            Not really...

Tis what I call WTF

sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Behold, MANAKO!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

I'll most likely go back to sleep, but until then, I'm here to RP.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh goodmorning S1

Comment

@S121

Good morning
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Thank you guys.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok can I attempt to get one last verdict on Alvis?
                        I know I need him for the Monado which ties into Zanza which ties into our Future Past Arc with Takoizu and Jack beautifully.
                        The question is, Is there any very specific information (don't ask for general otherwise I can't think of anything) that would help me explain the very vague concept that he is to everyone that hasn't played Xenoblade?

Comment

Im back.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Welcome back!

@Cucoo

What I would recommend is that you explain it to the best of your abilities. I understood the Wiki, so if it's a summary of that, thing should be fine..

Don't worry, we're not as easy to confuse as you think.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok I tried and updated Alvis =w=;

No different than what I had, I just organized it differently and pasted in the wiki.

NPC Character of Choice:
                              Alvis
                              Spoiler:

Game of Origin: Xenoblade Chronicles

Power: Foresight and the ability to communicate with and control Telethia. I would mention he's actually like the central operating system of the universe as that would put him in a tier above Yukari and all the reality benders...

His only known in game combat abilities are two mediocre physical skills
                              Art List
                              ◾Cross Ray - Deals physical damage
                              ◾Lost Ray - Deals a large amount of physical damage

Weapons:
                              It's called "Claymore" but this is what it looks like
                              Spoiler:

Weaknesses: He displays no apparent weaknesses. At all... Ever.

Appearance:
                              Spoiler:

Personality: He's that mysterious person that almost speaks somewhat in a monotone voice. He portrays emotions but...He's a computer

Morality:
                              Neutral

Biography:

Spoiler: Straight from the wiki

Colony 6
                              Alvis' first appearance is at Colony 6, when the group is fighting Metal Face and other Mechon, a Telethia appears and destroys most of the Mechon, distracting Metal Face long enough for Shulk to damage him with the Monado. After this, Metal Face flees with the rest of the Mechon and the Telethia flies away to a distant cliff edge, where Alvis meets and communicates with it.

The Water Crystals
                              Shulk first meets Alvis in Makna Forest while he was collecting some pure water Ether crystals to heal Melia. They are attacked by a group of Telethia, then Alvis teaches Shulk to use the Purge ability, while demonstrating he can use the Monado with great proficiency. For a single fight, he joins Shulk's party. After the fight, Reyn comes looking for Shulk. Before Shulk can introduce Reyn, he looks back to find that Alvis has disappeared. Reyn jokingly dismisses Shulk's insistence that someone was there and the two head back with the water crystals, while Alvis watches them from afar.

The Seer
                              Alvis is revealed to be the "Divine Seer" of Sorean Antiqua, the High Entia Emperor. He explains that, since all of the actions in the universe are ruled by the ether, and that ether is calculable in its changes, then all of the actions in the universe can be predicted.

Eryth Sea
                              Alvis follows the party into the High Entia Tomb, and acts as an adviser.

After a cutscene, it is revealed that Alvis had a vision of the events on Prison Island and the eventual death of the Emperor. He reveals this to the Emperor, who chooses to accept his fate.

After the death of the Emperor, he is seen talking to Zanza, who apparently survived despite his body being destroyed.

When the party leaves Alcamoth for Valak Mountain, Alvis leaves with them, as he is familiar with the region, though he does not say why at the moment.

The Second War
                              Alvis continues to advise and follow the party through their trek to Valak Mountains. He states that is best to search refuge in the Ose Tower, now called the Sealed Tower. Inside, he reveals that this is where the High Entia locked the Monado. The party realises that this is where the Monado and Shulk were found. Alvis states that all seers must touch the Monado in order to receive their powers, in a ceremony of seers, which is the ritual performed by Alvis's family. He talks with Shulk about the reason of their visions, and how they are a fluctuation that are apart of the future. He also speaks that the Monado exists to disrupt the ether, and hence change the future.

After the party reaches Sword Valley, Alvis leaves to Alcamoth with Dickson, to help Kallian with the assembly of the allied front, and to resume his duties as seer.

He is seen advising Kallian in the Battle of Sword Valley, riding in Kallian's Havres. He warns Kallian of Mechonis' reawakening and leaves with Dickson to join the group. He stays behind with Dickson before the final battle with Egil.

The Rebirth of Shulk
                              After Shulk is shot by Dickson and Zanza left his body, he is in the passage of fate or in space if you look at the background. Alvis tells Shulk that he can choose his fate and Shulk comes back to save the others from a group of Telethia attacking Colony 6.

Relationship with Zanza
                              After Shulk defeats Dickson's Telethia, Dickson calls Alvis for help. Alvis is then revealed to be one of Zanza's disciples. He has his own Telethia, just like Dickson. It is called Sani Telethia. When you kill it, he and Dickson escapes with a Telethia.

In Space
                              After Shulk's final battle with Dickson, the group find themselves in outer space. Shulk hears Alvis saying that soon he must make a choice. Shulk recognizes the voice, but he cannot see him.

The "Computer" Alvis
                              "I am Monado. I was here at the beginning. And I will proclaim the end." —Alvis

Once the Monado III was created and after beating Zanza for the last time, a light unites the three Monados (Zanza's Monado, Meyneth's Monado and Shulk's Monado). Alvis begins to talk and says that he is the Monado and that Shulk must make a decision; a world with gods or without them. For this decision, Alvis shows Shulk the past, to see what started it all. In this scene, Alvis reveals that he is "the administrative computer of a phase transition experiment facility A.I" that destroyed the universe for Zanza and Meyneth when they were still humans. Shulk chooses a world without gods. Alvis is last seen in a flashback scene, where he says his final words to the group; that this is an endless new world, and there are many forms of life, and that they will walk towards the future together, hand in hand.

Traumas:
                              N/A

Notes:

Alvis has a symbol, a triangle with circles at each corner, on the back of his clothes that seems to be closely related to Meyneth and her Monado. It is the same symbol found on the triangular chest plate that goes over Fiora's robot body, which seemed to house Meyneth and power Fiora. When Meyneth's double sword Monados combine into one larger sword, the symbol on the hilt of the sword is again this same symbol. When looking at Meyneth herself in her Machina form, she has three large circles in a triangular fashion, which seem to resemble this same symbol and perhaps be the source of it. It is unknown if this symbol is to represent Meyneth, or Meyneth's Monado. However, before at Zanza's death, not only does Alvis speak from both Zanza's Monado and Meyneth's Monado (while both are being held by Zanza), but later on Alvis does state that he is Monado among other things.

Comment

Let's move it over here, people.

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                                @S121
                                Well. When a papa meme and a mama meme love each other very much...
                                This happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2w8ipPewA

@Wriggle

Why does that scene development sound like the first episode of a regular school-life anime?
                                I'm not really sure, but I'll admit, it kinda does.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X