X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then let me put my earlier post, but with edited stuff
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

aye aye

Comment

Is it hard for you guys to play sympathetic characters? I find it hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Major

Not too much. If your character has had a similar experience, or anything like that, then all you need to do is sort of play off of that.

To be honest, I don't fully understand the process, it just happens.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

My achilles heel are straight-forward characters
            As anyone can tell ye, I have yet to have a character that isn't cryptic

Comment

@Cucoo

Link?

What about Edward?
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

RP General Discussion

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                @Major

Not too much. If your character has had a similar experience, or anything like that, then all you need to do is sort of play off of that.

To be honest, I don't fully understand the process, it just happens.
                Yeah but I'm not sympathetic. I'm a bigoted misanthrope. I'd be better off playing as a jerkass who attacks others. Ah, but I pick nice guy characters to compensate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@s1
                  Otrue...

Actually what I meant to say was:
                  None of them are really....shallow.
                  Except Lisa...
                  They all have traits that would allow them to be sympathetic/understanding.

Knowing what the character knows and what they experienced along with their attitude toward those things automatically dictates what they would be sympathetic towards.

To me half is understanding. The other: attitude.

Comment

@Major

I'm sure you can find just a little bit of sympathy. After all, you have your own experiences, and based off those, you can come to an understanding how others would feel. Even if you haven't gone through something similar to what they've gone through, you can put yourself in their situation and think about how you would feel in their shoes, to go through what they've gone through.

@Cucoo

That sounds about right.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like sh*t is going down here. And just when I had gone to visit another city. This one was closer to home so I didn't have to get up so early or travel so far (but I still had to go to bed sooner hence the random disconnect last night).
                      What is everyone up to?
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

Welcome back!

What happened?
                        sigpic

Comment

hi tr, Im studying for an exam, so..

cya later and you will see a calm person or a depressed person (exams.. ultimate emotional destroyers..)
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@s121
                            Right

Even though my characters are obviously idealized fragments of my own personality, they each have their own quest and stories defined by a journey.
                            Thats why I'm so adamant about "endgame." As to me that is the summary, the final product of the character's personalities. It defines who they will be.
                            But it also defines how experiences will change them.

These changes then affect their personality and by knowing what they will be can tell you what they are.
                            Like reverse engineering a robot.
                            By taking it apart you can see how it was put together.
                            And what you find when you take it apart may be interesting as what you see is not what you really get.

Comment

So Cucoo the Venturian galaxy is the one everyone is in? How is it destroyed?

Comment

@ Wonder

oh right

ok so key phrase:

the Venturian Galaxy is dead

the native races (Irians, Vatians, Papilians, Arcains [Luminarcs and Noxarcs], and Nihiliods) are all extinct as well as the Humans that also existed in the Galaxy.

...except the Demonarcs in the Manor of Eternity as that sort of serves as a literal sanctuary against the eventual death of the Galaxy.

Even though things had plenty of resources...everything died out...
                                That is the mystery of the galaxy.

Why did things die out? What happened in the Galaxy prior to colonization?

That's how I want Phoenix to go...
                                As things progress...the characters should find ruins and remains...
                                these things should start to make them kinda ask a few questions...
                                These questions then lead into the prior parts (I and II) and they will explain to the readers what's going on.

Also just to clarify:

The Venturian Galaxy was once referred to as the Eternal Galaxy....
                                Ethereal Galaxy is not a typo in my initial location tag...
                                begin conspiracy theories: now.

Oh and also there were two galaxies known as Venturia
                                The original had already died hence why the replica was created.
                                Part I took place in the replica before the realization that there was a second one used as a sort of afterlife (the dead would be reincarnated into the original Venturia)
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X