X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sighs* you keep cycling and cycling cucoo, i hope you get good when you finish with that

in the meantime ill go to do stuff in my apartment until this thing is done, I already said what I wanted to say, no point to go on a cycle

night
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ S1

what I've been saying

create comparison charts of stats that use numbers that anyone can understand because lets face it...we need something for everyone here.

Then, squirrel that away like the central standard units of the gram in that vacuum jar or w/e and never touch it again.

Then, construct the foundation of everything we have planned in the format of "quests with objectives" and organize all of them into a timeline so that everything is organized.

Then proceed the way we were except this time with a grasp on direction.

So we don't keep driving off metaphorical cliffs like we just did....

Comment

@Cucoo

I pray to god that this RP doesn't "evolve" into taking orders from people and following one particular person on a matter. To be honest, I'm a little afraid of the RPs turning into bureaucratic BS. That's like the worst possible thing that could happen to this RP. I doubt that you mean we should follow a particular leader, but the way you said "we need a system" tends to make me think of that.

If it's just the Arc map and stats, then I'm okay with it. That stuff will prevent people from suddenly developing powers and abilities beyond what they should be able to do, such as dodging bullets, or suddenly shrugging off all damage, or unrealistically auto-hitting when it's not logically possible, or travelling across a country in a couple posts.

To be honest, I don't think we drove off a cliff. I did, but that's because of stress. My problem was with the balancing issue, how it seemed like I wasn't allowed to alter them even by a little bit. I was trying to satisfy two people by adjusting their intelligence, but I was not given any leeway with that. As for Jack striking the shield over and over again, that was simply him trying different methods to try and break the shield. The first strike was with very little force and was with the hilt of the sword, the second strike was as hard as he could with the hilt, and the third time was as hard as he could with the blade. It seems as if everyone misinterpreted that part as stupidity. That was Jack being Jack. The stupidity argument stems from an imposed limit on their intelligence, set when I had John use his full intelligence to quickly figure out peoples' plans and create counters to them. People said that it was metagaming. In order to remedy the situation, I had to dumb him and every other SPARTAN down to the level you see now.

In the end, I wouldn't say that the problem was organization, it was balancing, along with me flipping the hell out due to too many things being piled up on me.
        Last edited by S121; 03-11-2014, 02:10 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone going to be fast as I am on my phone.

Good to see you again S121.

As for stats, yes it would work much better if we were even more specific like what metal a armor is made of. Unfortunately, not all have that information. Keyblade armor for example. I know that it can withstand falling from great heights and being in the middle of a tornado of keyblades, but I also know that a old man broke the armor with one hand. I still don't know the material. We need a system that can work for everything. We are still making it so if you have a idea that might work then come with it. As long as it is a system that is not subjective, it will work.

As for RP as a book, what we mean is that we need to talk a little more in some situations. Remember when I said that the real world was just a game? We then had to delete many posts and come up with something else. What if we instead had something that made it so that we didn't have to write the post for so to delete them?

As for too many cooks in the kitchen, try to count all the arcs that we have planned out on top of your head. I didn't know that Kristia was going to have a arc. We need to get a overview of the situation.

Well that's all the time I have on my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

ah's bein' serious Kristia! Fry mah hide! ah told yo' t'respeck mah arcs, didn't I?

Now ah promised Prin'les thet I'll be on fo'um, but ah's so burned out fum today thet ah have t'go ketch some sleep.

Good night. I'll be busy fo' th' ress of th' week TT^TT
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

^
              I literally had to read it slowly to process it...

Good to have you back, S1. And don't worry, if you got any problems, we got your back just like you have ours. Remember when I couldn't post for done reason and I had to pm you my posts? I'm pretty sure that if the same thing happened to you, I'd do the same thing for you.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

@Wonder

Sorry about not responding to your PM. I'm still trying to come to a final decision on those two abilities concepts you gave me...

@S121

I don't think you said too much in that one post. You needed to vent, and that's what you did.

Comment

Thoughts on the timeline?

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...e-and-Timeline

Everyone gets their own column for each of their arcs.

Comment

@Cucoo

I found the timeline good Cucoo. I just need to figure out more on how Google Docs works...

Comment

I've set it so that anyone that accesses it from here with the link can edit it.

If you know how to format a spreadsheet with fill, that's all you need.

(Click for larger)

Comment

@Cucoo

Mine might be harder to put down on paper. You see, there''s going to be many sub-arcs for everyone, as well as drop-out and drop-in points for people, depending on their actions. Notes might be able to pull it off, but I'll need a bit of time. Also, is there any real timeline for this Arc map? On what day is each Arc supposed to become active? PALADIN is supposed to become active five days after Christmas.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Right now its a relative timeline where 10 is the theoretical end

Its to say "this happens before or after this"

As people put in events, we can start to rearrange it so it works out.
                          It's to prevent things from bringing one thing to a total halt, like the "Monado" Arc coming to a halt because wriggs went and diverted things to his "Annie" arc
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-11-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, I could piece together where all the days are supposed to be. You see, PALADIN is supposed to reveal themselves about 5-6 days after Christmas, and I can quickly figure out the timeline based on past events. I still remember quite a bit of it all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thing is, it would be hard to pinpoint my arc (AKA, the Auditor Arc) as from how I want it to go, the events of it are to be spread across the entire second season, leading up to a conclusion near or at the end of it.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Hey everyone, how are things going?

Questions: 1-How far is AtWaG's season 2? 2-Is there going to be a season 3?

I only ask because I read the Plot/Story for it and I might do a character for it.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X