X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@anyone

Ok, well I have been thinking heavily about my RP style and to be honest, I don't know if I will be able to successfully pull off the PALADIN Arc.

I don't know, it's just that I have a hard time conveying emotion in IC, I use commas extensively, usually cramming more than 2 thoughts into a single sentence, and have a hard time describing mundane tasks.

I don't know, maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but I feel that I need to get better in these areas if I want to make this arc a success.

What are your thoughts? How do you convey emotion, transition between inner dialogue and outer dialogue, and describe mundane things?

@Kristia

Also, I need to ask you a question about Renamon and Nera for the arc, mainly involving a sort of climax to their sub-arcs.

What are their absolute maximum capabilities?
    Last edited by S121; 12-08-2014, 02:11 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S1

You're having the same doubts I have

Though I will say the way you handle "inner to outer dialogue" is perfectly fine. I need to learn how to do inner dialogue more but that's my own problem of never being able to get into my characters' heads properly.
      Comma issue is easy. Break it with a period and just add a few words to create a new sentence.
      Surprisingly it is that easy... I've been there.
      Emotion conveyance... you do ok on. I wouldn't worry about it cause it gets the job done.

The only real way I can say that you could improve is to take a book and just read how that author works things. You'll notice patterns and sometimes it might be something that you want to try out yourself. Kinda like this one discussion I recall about art styles. Mimic it to adapt it into your own. Eventually you take all these styles, throw em in a blender, and the result is now your style.
      That's all I can say.

The way to improve is through books of other authors.

Comment

S121, I`ll be honest with you

You make an excellent job as an RPer, you got the lore, the redaction, get into the characters` personalities, and multitask with them. So don`t worry when I tell you that you have no problem at all.

As for the beast trio..

Give me some minutes, it is a long one
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@S1

I italisize inner (I hope you mean thought) dialogue and still "" them, since it's still a form of talk.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@everyone

I'll take all of your advice into account.

To be honest, my main #1 problem is emotions. If you see some of my posts, I tend to follow a pattern in which I use the same emotion over and over again and stick with the basic ones.

Maybe I need to read emotion charts?

I think the main problem is that I honestly don't know a lot of the names for emotions. Either that, or my characters are relatively emotionless.

I don't know, I think I just need time to mull it over and deconstruct my style to refine it.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

As for the beast trio..

For what I have with them, it varies, if you have noticed something with them, more specifically with Renamon, they got their strength from the willpower, (I will speak more of the fox and think of the Lucario to a smaller, but close degree).

Starting with the fact that she has vast knowledge of the real and Digital World thanks to the Tamers adventures, Renamon can understand the actual situation of both worlds, she is intelligent and can can use any resource to her advantage to do the right thing. Also she has the advantages of being both a digital and biological being, something that possibly puts her in another category from most videogame characters.

To explain the last statement, the Tamers and the Digimon needed to be digital or data to merge and become the ultimate forms they had like Sakuyamon, but when they came back to the Human World, this became impossible, but thanks to a Tamer and her partner Dobbermon (wow.. such creativity there..) they became hybrids of both sides, giving them the pros of being both biological and digital beings and protecting them from most, if not all cons. (You can`t infect a person with a computer virus or can poison data with Malaria)

So with this advantage, Renamon trained while traveling to different Worlds, learning new things, meeting new people and so on until meeting Nera in the Pokèmon World. The Lucario and Forslass actually share the hybrid thing with the Digimon because of their souls being connected to the fox, so when they were ressurrected, they became similar to the golden Kitsune.

Obviously they can be damaged, losing limbs and causing mortal wounds can kill them, but then again comes the Willpower, if some of you remember the base 3 assault, Renamon was actually shot on the chest, it did put her to extreme danger since the bullet passed through her, yet she still lives, the reason for this is still something I can`t reveal, but has been hinted throughout both season 1 and 2 of ATWAG, mostly with the release of the D-Reaper.

Willpower is a key element on the vixen as it is also with living beings, if you have low willpower and/or self esteem, you would be weak minded and have no drive, Renamon is the opposite of this, albeit she is all that calm and focused Digimon, she has the drive to live and enjoy new things, and she will do anything to help others. With this, the fox will keep fighting until her last breath and still keep trying, in simple words.. SHE won`t give up.

Now to how high Renamon, Nera, and Mara`s capabilities actually are. They have way a lot of energy reserves (take the fox`s Miko mode and her healing marathon through Gensokyo), Incredible strength (The Lucario managing to lifting a Wailord with ease) and enduring devastating attacks (Mara receiving Dark John`s enraged energy charged sphere, and many others).

They all have great abilities that could actually be OP if they went to that level of strength, such thing would need their combined abilities to do so (I got something ready for such event, think of Gogeta in Super Saiyan 4 mode, because I got an image for it) with this thing, they would be next to invincible, (I will obviously put some rules on it), but we will talk about this later, or if you want to, PM me, I can tell you without problem :P

Back on track, their abilities(as you people have seen) vary depending on the situation, sometimes they can be used for speed, strength, intelligence, and so on with where they spend their energy, Nera would be able to sense anything in any direction, in any way, with the smallest thing, Mara would be able to hit something with absolute zero temperature in varying ranges from a room, to a whole city and Renamon could be as fast as ludicrous speed or as intelligent to have a good chess match with Patchouli or that character S121 mentioned to be a genious in his massive arc. And those are some things they could do if put into the needed scenarios.

At the moment, the trio can give the original Masterchief (seriously) a serious battle, winning or losing is debatable, but don`t think it is an easy bet at all, it is a hard one. But then again, if they are put in a scenario, they won`t hesitate to give their all.

I probably have missed many things, that is why you have the right to ask Utsuh.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Edited Borderlands RP OOC with information about your character's inventory, gun types, and elements.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Go on and PM me the info on the "hyper state". I might need to collaborate with you for one scenario in particular.

@Wriggle

You know, I just might join that one. I'm a little tempted on bringing Ethan "Phoenix" Ambers from EG:Phoenix. The new him just fits the crazy atmosphere.
                  sigpic

Comment

PM sent utsuh

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Oh! 0-0

Now that I remember, I kinda sorta posted for you in TSU, depending on whether or not Kris turns around.
                      sigpic

Comment

let me check on that then

Spoiler:

Comment

@everyone

Ok, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is, I've managed to get hired for a job.

The bad news? It's from 4 PM to 1 AM, and I work all seven days of the week, meaning that I won't be able to get on until 1 in the morning from now on.

I can only hope that it's just temporary because after all, this job is just a stepping stone to something larger, better.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I should be glad for you or mad cause I'm STILL trying to get one and still haven't gotten one.

Sent by Tapatalk
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

Does it make you feel better that it's at a Walmart where I have to unload trucks for 9 hours every day? I don't know what my problem is. I guess I feel that I could have done better, found a better starting job. Well, it's just for a little bit till something better comes along.

Anyways Zekai, what resources does your city have for finding jobs? Websites? Organizations you can go to, like buildings detected to helping the unemployed? That's what I did. It took a while, and about five or six rejections, but it eventually happened.
                              sigpic

Comment

No, that doesn't make me feel better. I would be glad just to get a job.

I've tried everything, it doesn't help that 99% of the places I go to say "You have to apply online." while I have no internet and even when I did, there was no applications anywhere on their sites.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X