X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

thank you, I see that the forum didnīt burst into flames (yet..) so how have things been going while I was absent?
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Really quiet.

Also I didn't get much sleep yesterday so I was trying to get some before you posted (not blaming you) so I'm going back to trying to get some sleep. I'll chat with you later. Night.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Goodnight then

I think I can post in Shinka Knights since Trouble appeared on saturday and didnīt disappear completely, also Ruins of Minerva although I wouldnīt like to push the boundaries with interacting by myself
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

...How long has it been since I posted in this thread? I can't remember.

*clears throat*

Yes, hello. I'm not dead, I swear. Just been getting distracted recently by other things. Things that I don't really want to talk about. Nothing bad, though.

Hey, guys? Do you think that, whenever I eventually join All the World's a Game (if I can get my app done...), I'll be good at it and RPing in general? Because, besides video games and writing stories, I really don't think I'm good at anything else... I'm sorry if this brought any happy or excited moods down to the metaphorical Minus World.

The aforementioned "Minus World" or "World -1" is a famous glitch in the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES.

Comment

Well, massive update time for a game and now have to wait many hours for it to get done. Here comes the bordum.

Comment

Ok quick question for future reference: Come the day I bring back EG: Shards of Starlight with all the new GAIA Revisions, what would you all feel if I told you that the "Neutral" Faction option was...well... not exactly an option?
                What I mean is that the characters in SoS have to have an allegiance which can change during the story but they have to start with one. Of course Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters are a thing but still the concept would apply: they would have to be working for one of the factions.
                Reason why I wouldn't want to have the Neutral option is because then all characters would have to be tied to the central core of the lore somehow. Of course this now makes sense since the central lore would be set so that there would be a clearer idea on what happens with what. Of course deviating from the core is still viable since it's an RP and not the actual story. It'll begin as the story would kinda go but from there things will change depending on actions. Easy enough to explain with all the alternative timeline stuff.

So in short, I'm thinking on not having neutrals in EG: SoS so as to make all characters more pivotal to the lore and therefore be closer to the central action.
                It'll be Republic/Empire, Federation, or Commonwealth and then build from there.

Thoughts?

Comment

I just loved that you said "quick question" and wrote a big detailed multi-paragraph post

I'm ok with the idea since everyone tends to side with something

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

I thought that was what already happened.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

@kristia
                      quick is a relative term now
                      Derp

@s1
                      Kinda. This time around all factions will be more clearly defined so as to open more possibilities. Since I now have a clear idea myself.

Comment

I haven't done something like this in a long time.

So, unfortunately, Ruins of Minerva is inactive to the point that I don't want to continue running the Roleplay anymore. Sorry to anyone who already joined or are planning to join the RP, but it was just something only I thought would be cool.

What will replace RoM though, I want a feedback of.

See, in season 1 of All the World's a Game, there was a character that the late Suika Ibuki used by the name of the Overmind. A superintelligent yet immobile being from Starcraft universe, the Overmind was what controlled the entire Zerg swarm under his manipulation until the Protoss' final defense on Aiur. In AtWaG, Overmind was deployed in the Amazonian jungle of South America, but did not see any action at all due to Suika Ibuki's inactivity. It was presumed by Season 2 that the Overmind was neutralized by an unknown force.

Now, I was in Mumble yesterday with Pringles and a sudden thought dawned on me: that we have very little of what could be the most obvious Roleplay situation: Medieval Fantasy (complete with elves and dwarves and trolls) and zombie apocalypse.

What do these two things correlate to?

I want to gauge the interest level of a certain mini-RP I have planned in conjunction of these two things. An Alternate Universe of sorts: where Earth has been overtaken by the growing Zerg force, untouched because of the lush jungle of the Amazon protecting the dormant Overmind. By the time the entire world has taken up arms against these alien forces, it is too late, as their sheer number overthrew governments and ravaged the entire earth in matter of few weeks.

Gensokyo is the last refuge of humanity; one part is because of its' relative isolation from the rest of the world, and another part is because of the denizens of the land wielding enormous powers.

You'll be using up to 3 characters in your possession in AtWaG. You don't have to use up all 3 slots, however.

Each continent will have its own boss from Starcraft universe. They will all be Zerg units.

tl;dr: an AU universe from AtWaG that focuses on a singular, all-out war between the Characters we control and the Overmind's forces that has taken over the world.

I want to gauge how many people are interested in this mini-RP. If it gets adequate attention, I might as well just close RoM and release this instead.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

While I'm sad that another RP that had great potential made by you Wriggle, I know you will have great ideas for this new one.

I'm in with both Roleplays though, it all depends on the interest of the people

Spoiler:

Comment

Suika Ibuki meaning DemonLlama, right?

I'm interested, I suppose. But I think Hazama would be on the side of the Overmind, heehee
                            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

I sorely underestimated how much of a workout swimming in "big water" (aka Lake Huron in this case) really is. Felt perfectly fine coming home but now I'm really feeling it.

I've made a huge mistake.
                              Whatever I was going to do in EG I'll have to do tomorrow. Remind me about that.

Fuck the swim was good but this pain....
                              ... Worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                                ...but now I'm really feeling it.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X