X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Katrix

Ah, but there lies the problem. It says that he can pass through the Hakurei Border/Boundary, not that he is immune to boundaries.

Yukari can do the same as the Dragon God, but she can still be affected by boundaries. Just because one can pass the boundary of Gensokyo, does not mean that one has no boundaries governing them, or that they are immune to boundary manipulation. The Hakurei Boundary is simply a wall, not one that affects the boundaries within a living being. Because of the fact that the boundary does not affect the boundaries governing the Dragon God, he has nothing to worry about and can pass straight through without any detriment. In a sense, he simply has the key to Gensokyo, especially since he was the creator of the Hakurei Border and Gensokyo in the first place.

The same could be said about Yukari. She can freely pass between the boundary, but she still has boundaries governing her. If you took a clone of Yukari and put them against each other, they could kill each other by boundary manipulation. The only way Yukari would be immune would be if she altered the boundary of immunity/vulnerability, but even then, the boundary itself is still vulnerable to boundary manipulation. She would then have to alter the boundary of that boundary and repeat the process to give her more time to remain invulnerable to boundary manipulation.

As for power level, it's all a matter of "who shoots first". For example, Flandre has the power to destroy everything and anything. She is weaker than the Dragon God, but she can still kill him, just as long as she gets the first shot. This goes to show that power levels are irrelevant in a fight against Touhou Characters. What matters is who can strike first, kind of like those old Western fast-draws. The fastest one wins.

In short, he does have the keys to Gensokyo, but he is still governed by boundaries, just as Yukari is. Not only that, but power levels mean nothing when everyone has cosmic powers. It all comes down to whether or not Yukari can blink Yorihime out of existence before Yorihime can finish her prayer to the Dragon God. In the manga, she needs more than just a second to invoke the gods, which gives Yukari enough time to act.

That being said, Yukari would still have to take the fall, due to politics. She would not want to start a vicious war with the Lunarians for killing one of their leaders. If there was no politics involved, Yukari would have no reason to hold back, giving her the victory.
    Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 04:58 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121

Well as I understood it the dragon good is that kind of Omnipotent god. Basically that means that if he wants something it happens. Oh and did I mention that ZUN himself have said that the Watatsuki sister are the most broken characters. As for speed, they can react at light speed.

Oh and by the way, Mokou doesn't count here as she is canonically proven to be able to defeat Yukari. She can't die.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Mokou OP Nerf now ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I would not be able to be online for 2 - 3 days, starting from tomorrow afternoon. Letting you know now so that when the time comes nobody cries while asking for "Where's Wriggu I need him for blah blah blah"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix

I can see where you're coming from with the Dragon God, and I'll admit you got me there.
          That being said, he is still useless if he cannot be summoned fast enough.

The Mokou argument actually proves my point. Mokou is nowhere near as powerful as Yukari, but she has something that could help her, her immortality. Yukari could alter the boundary of Immortality/mortality and remove it, but if she didn't, then Mokou would most definitely win. In the end, it all comes down to one's particular power. Mokou has a sort of "life insurance" when fighting anyone. Yes, Yukari would kill her time after time, but eventually, Yukari would need to rest, giving Mokou the chance she needs. Mokou's power level is greatly overshadowed by Yukari's, but her ability allows her to take down somebody much more powerful than herself. The same could be said for Yukari and the Dragon God. Yukari is weaker than the Dragon God, but her power could remove his omnipotence via the boundary of omnipotence/non-omnipotence. She's weaker, but her power gives her the edge. The Dragon God would need a way to counter it. I can imagine that he would have something similar to Yukari's ability, and if so, then he would be fine, just as long as he protects his boundaries with more boundary manipulation.

As for the light-speed reaction time, I'll need proof, a source. If you can give me this, then I will relent and agree with you that Yorihime would win. That being said, Yorihime won't be able to summon the Dragon God fast enough. In the manga, she needs to invoke them, which takes her the amount of time to finish a sentence. In a battle such as this, the fastest reflexes will help, but her praying to the Dragon God would get her killed by Yukari. If she has light-speed reflexes, then her best chance at winning the fight would be to strike Yukari down with her magic katana before Yukari can react.

@Wriggle

Welcome back!

Ok.
          Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 05:57 PM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@S121

Master sparks have been proven multiple times to be at light speed, yet Yorihime is fast enough to cut trough it. (Faster than Youmu)

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_ch15_16.png
            http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_ch15_17.png
            http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_ch15_19.png
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

And that was what I needed to be convinced otherwise.

It always helps to have proof, and with it, you have proven me wrong. I will admit, Yorihime would win, especially if she is within striking distance of Yukari.

Yorihime may not be able to summon the Dragon God, but with the ability to strike as fast as light, she won't need to. Another factor to look in to would be her running speed, and to determine how far away from each other they would be at the start of the duel, but all in all, Yorihime has the greatest advantage.

@NeoFox

These look like Plasma Cutters! XD

sigpic

Comment

Hello people

Comment

@S121

That makes me think. Is her sister just as fast? After what I understand, she holds the most powerful weapon of them. A fan that can create such a powerful wind that it can obliterate the entire bamboo forest. On the wiki it's called a weapon of mass destruction(nuke). She doesn't even need to be close to use it.

Also for Mokou, Yukari can't even manipulate the immortality.

Because she made the Hourai Elixir the true elixir of immortality, she probably also made it irreversible, making its effects perfectly permanent. In her confrontation with Mokou, Alice points out that the soul is made invincible. This, along with Yuyuko and Yukari's scenario in Imperishable Night, makes it seem that the Hourai Elixir itself isn't a power that keeps one immortal, but makes one an existence completely independent of even the concept of reality, thus making one not subject to the bounds of life, death, or even manipulation
                  Basically, once it's in effect, there is no way to remove it.

@SUSTIC

Hello
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Wait a minute... If that's the case, then....

COULD MOKOU KILL YORIHIME!?!?!? 0_0;;

Mokou would be IMMUNE to any of the Dragon God's attempts to remove her immortality, which means that she could possibly even kill the Dragon God himself, given enough time! XD

@SUSTIC

Welcome back!
                    sigpic

Comment

@Katrix and S121

Thanks.

Anyways like my new signature?

Comment

@S121

Omnipotence > Immortality. It is most likely truly immortal itself, and if it is not it can become. It would just end in a tie.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Let's see... John gets the next miniboss. Jason needs one too... and maybe Shulk as well?

Anyway, this song.

sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix

Damn... They would be fighting until the end of time, and even then, they would still fight.

@SUSTIC

It looks good to me.

@Everyone

Here's Takoizu's app. She is incredibly powerful, but she is a glass cannon and will only intervene if someone is going to die, or it will give her a better future. She is not going to fight all the battles for the Characters, she is simply here to steer the Characters towards a better future where everyone is not dead or captured.

Spoiler:
                            Name: Takoizu Yakumo

Appearance: She is 22 years old and is 6 feet, 3 inches. Takoizu has Yukari's physique and appearance, but with turquoise eyes. When not in her normal attire, she is wearing the MJOLNIR Mark VIII Powered Assault Armor. It has been customized to look like one of the older generations of armor.

Abilities:

Spoiler:

Takoizu has inherited various abilities from her mother and father, and as such, has a wide range of strengths.

Reflexes - Due to having a greater Youkai for a mother and having a father with genetically enhanced neurons, Takoizu's already Youkai nervous system is further enhanced by her father's superconductive, shielded electronic transductive neurons, allowing her to react 600 times faster than the average human (500 microseconds, or .5 milliseconds). With the new Mach VIII MJOLNIR armor, her reflexes are enhanced by a factor of five without needing a neural interface, allowing her to react 3,000 times faster than the average human (100 microseconds, or .1 milliseconds).

Strength - Due to having the physiology of a Youkai, along with the genetically enhanced DNA of a Spartan-II super-soldier, Takoizu is able to naturally lift about 3,300 metric tonnes without armor. With the MJOLNIR Mark VIII, her lifting capacity is increased to 3,600 metric tonnes. Because of the fact that she is so strong, the MJOLNIR Mark VIII's liquid crystal metal layer has had its limiters moved to multiply a normal wielder's strength ten-fold, but due to Takoizu's immense strength, the armor only gives her a slight boost in strength. The limiters are still in place, but they need to remain in place, or else the armor will rip itself apart under the immense stress.

Intelligence - Thanks to both John and Yukari being highly intelligent, even geniuses in particular subjects, Takoizu is incredibly intelligent and is capable of creating incredibly intricate and complex plans and ideas. Just like Yukari, Takoizu has a super-human intellect and can solve mathematical equations that greatly surpass human comprehension, as well as create intricate plans that seemingly have no bearing on the situation at hand, only for all the pieces to fall in place at the end. Just like John, Takoizu is creative and is mentally flexible, allowing her to not only perform complex long-term plans, but also to quickly think on her feet, as well as having a superb memory.

Powers - Of all the traits she inherited from her father, one that she did not inherit was his potential to use Light and Darkness on the scale that John can. Instead, she inherited her mother's ability to manipulate boundaries.

Misc. - Just like her father, Takoizu also seems to possess a strange amount of luck. She has inherited her mother's Youkai regeneration and "immortality", but did not inherit her mother's durability, meaning that she is as vulnerable as her father to injuries.

Weapons: She can gap any kind of weapon into her hands, just as long as she knows what she wants, but she usually keeps a strangely familiar pistol by her side. The pistol is an M6D Magnum Pistol with infinite ammunition and the number "117" engraved on the back of the hand grip, but the metal has been severely burned to the point that it is gold, brown, magenta, black, and dark blue in color. The outer chassis of the gun is slightly warped, but the gun still works perfectly.

Weaknesses: Just like her father, Takoizu can be injured by small weapon's fire, knives, fire, explosions, blunt force, etc., but can not die from injuries of the mortal variety. However, she also inherited her mother's weaknesses to mythological weapons and spiritual attacks, and can be easily killed by weapons tied to legends and names, as well as weakened by seals and warding charms.

Personality: Takoizu is normally calm and collected, but can also be mischievous when bored and sometimes remarks at certain situations. She tends to approach most situations with a carefree attitude, but will become absolutely serious depending on the situation or task at hand. She feels fear, but usually acknowledges it and pushes it aside.

Morality: Chaotic good. She generally follows her own moral compass, and even if it doesn't perfectly align with others' ideals, she'll carry out what she feels is right.

Biography: After John and Yukari died in her timeline, Takoizu went on a brutal, merciless rampage against the ACO, hunting down and killing every single one of their members. After the bloody campaign was over, Takoizu was left standing in the aftermath. Almost everyone she knew died, and she had no one to turn to. She did not want to live a life where her friends and family were dead, so she decided the best course of action would be to change history. As Takoizu stepped into her gap, she said goodbye to her present, ready to create a better tomorrow...

She has a younger brother, but she does not know who he is. She also knows that he was sent back in time to help their mother and father, so she is also in the past to find him.

Traumas: Her future and the death of her parents, as well as the deaths of many of her "family members". Because of the ACO's involvement in it, she shows absolute hatred the ACO and will dispose of their personnel without mercy or pity.
                            Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm back. I didn't post anything as I just learned the truth about my grandfather on my mother's side's death. And the conversation I had with my mother about it put me out of the mood to do anything. I'm better now... Kind of...

@S121
                              Hate to criticize your app but IIIV is not a real number.
                              Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-21-2013, 06:47 PM.
                              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

Ahh damn, I messed that up. I meant to put VIII. I'll get on that now.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened.

It's understandable that you would not feel like doing anything right now. Take as much time as you need to recover.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X