X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manhattan - New York

"Wha?" Demoman woke up from his drunken mumbling to realize what Soldier just said. The old friendship on that battlefield was not for show, after all. He grinned widely as he slung one arm around the Soldier and lifted his other arm which held an empty bottle of liquor. "Tat sounds like a good idea. Thanks, mate!"

Maverick Hunter HQ

"Wait, Zero!" Nitori noticed Zero rushing out of the office, and, while Signas and Layer was confused and trying to take in what just happened, stormed out of the office to chase after Zero as well, with the minidrone EVE quickly gliding away to follow the two. "Zero, wait up!"

Voile

How large is Voile? One can only imagine as Koakuma, Marx and Magolor stepped into this giant library brimming and overflowing with magical energy. There was no ceiling, but a large, vast night sky filled with stars. Towering next to Koakuma and the two guests were rows and rows of bookshelves, organized to genres and filled with books from the deepest of the past to the newest releases, with staircases, bridges, hallways and archways leading to and fro one section to another haphazardly. One glance would suggest this is just another huge area to keep books. But this library was not to be just a massive collection of books anymore, but soon to be a giant hub of ideals, beliefs, and knowledge for the Characters who yearns for connection with the others, like the Inventory, but more geared towards magic.

Still silent, Koakuma passed by chambers containing numerous interesting magical equipments. There was a brass gyroscope with its rotors made of an unknowable crystalline material constantly tilting left and right slightly, a telescope that pointed to a distant star on the great night sky, a set of giant Erlenmeyer flasks boiling with green, gooey potion... and those were only very small part of the doodads in Voile.

Koakuma arrived at the center of Voile, where a massive golden globe of unknown purpose sat majestically, grooves and marks on its surface shifting slowly. Under the globe, on a large comfy red couch opposite to a circular desk sat with extremely long purple hair, wearing a crisp white suit. Her irritated face reveals, however, that she does not find the suit uncomfortable. "Miss Patchouli, your guests are here."

Patchouli stood up. She was of average female height, looked about in her early 20s, and was unanimously beautiful, from decently cute to heartstopping depending on who you ask. Her posture was refined and flawless, and considering how little time she spent in working out, she had a nice figure.

"Welcome to the Voile library." Patchouli greeted, her eyes not leaving her book. Her indifference was still there, but it wasn't as bad as last few days when she wouldn't even give a greeting to her guests, leaving Koakuma to handle the possibly annoyed guests. "So the news travel really fast in the Inventory, doesn't it?"

sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Manhattan - New York

"It sure does comrade, it sure does. Now let's get going!" Replied the Soldier as he looked over his shoulder back at Gaige, Dust, and Sana.

"It was a pleasure fighting with you on the field! Now good bye!" Soldier said as he waved a goodbye to them.

Maverick Hunter HQ

Zero didn't even listen to Nitori as he kept running throughout the base and into the Global Transport Room, the room in which there is a teleport that can send all personnel straight to a chosen destination.

Once he was in the Global Transport Room he turned to the one in charge of the room.

"Ready up the transporter. The destination I want is Detroit, Michigan."

"I... but... I... uh..."

"Come on Jeremy. I need it NOW! This is an emergency!"

"U-Uh okay..." Replied the guard in the GTR as he put in the coordinates for Detroit into the computer. Almost immediately the transport platform lit up as it was ready.

Once everything was ready Zero turned to Nitori.

"Come on we need to go. You're coming with me." Zero said as he made his way to the platform, intent on getting to Detroit as soon as possible.
      Last edited by SUSTIC; 12-16-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Manhattan - New York

"Stay safe, lads!" Demoman waved behind him as he followed Soldier to Soldier's apartment where he can start a new life...

or so he thought...

And so just like that, the two strange cartoony-looking men with their explosive weapons left, looking very happy to see each other. This made me... a lot more lonely. I wonder if that's how I would feel when I find my old comrades... my friends.

"I, too, shall take my leave." I suddenly felt very dizzy. Perhaps all the stress I suppressed in this event is kicking in. I turned to the woman with her machine arms and the blue wolf... thing... with a sword. Truly, they were my lifesavers. I did a little curtsy; I was taught to be well-mannered by Maria the Musharna, after all. Why is it that my house appears to be so far away today?

Maverick Hunter HQ

"What's going on? Is X in trouble or something?" Nitori asked as she boarded the platform without hesitation. To EVE, she asked: "Can you bring everyone? I have a feeling things will get messy pretty soon."

"Sure thing, sweetheart. I'll meet you at Detroit." EVE's minidrone nodded as it disappeared, using the Teleportation grid to return back.

"What's with all these attacks recently?" Nitori asked Zero as the GTR began lifting off. "Do you think someone's behind all these, or is it just random outbreaks?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Maverick Hunter HQ

"Likely chance he could very well be in trouble if the entire city was bombed. That's why I'm in such a hurry." Replied Zero as he stepped onto the platform.

"All these attacks... so goddamn much of them on such a severe scale. These don't seem like ordinary Maverick Attacks... It seems as though all these attacks have been planned. Both X and I were sent to two separate locations on roughly the same day, and the locations we were both at were practically empty. It's as though something is going on. Like all these Mavericks are joining forces and are planning attacks. First pulling off more severe attacks so suddenly, and this close to the holidays. At a time where there are less men to take care of the jobs, as such the best men only used for emergencies are sent out. The ambush back in Munich seemingly came out of nowhere, and my entire team was slaughtered, and I myself was almost killed. Now they bomb Detroit and almost take X with them. X and I are among the highest ranking Hunters here. Take us out, and you have two of the Maverick Hunter commanders out of commission." Zero said as he began thinking, slowly the platform began to hover in midair.

"These attacks do not seem all too random. It would be too much of a coincidence for two large scale Reploid attacks to happen at close to the same time. But I can't be certain... I'll need to look further into this..."

Then with a flip of a switch and a thumbs up from Jeremy the platform began glowing. Within a brief flash of red light both Nitori and Zero were teleported to a satellite in orbit around the Earth, then right down into the center of what is now a crater where the city of Detroit once was.

With the teleporting finished Nitori and Zero were in the crater that is Detroit. There was nothing but ruins of buildings everywhere inside the crater...

"Dear god... this place got hit hard..."

Comment

Maverick Hunter HQ

"How terrible. This is how Munich was like... only more..." Nitori couldn't believe what she saw. What was shown in front of her was a remnant of once a great city: sort of like how Gensokyo was like right after the Invasion ended. Skyscrapers were toppled, buildings were burning, and survivors, if there were any, were huddling within the ruins, anxious and afraid. "We need to look for civilians that are caught in the ruins. Some may have jeopardized lives and are needing rescue."
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Detroit Crater, Michigan - US

Zero simply looked on at the ruins as he let out a rather simple sigh.

"Now you know the threat these Mavericks can be. Where I came from I had to deal with this kind of stuff on a monthly, if not weekly basis. Hell one time I had ended up unintentionally being a part of a catastrophe like this, but on a global scale. Over time you begin to grow sort of numb to it all... Anyways let's start looking for Survivors. Maybe we can at least find a few, but don't forget to keep an eye out for X. He's also a priority." Said Zero as he looked North.

"I'll search North, you search South. Contact me if you find anyone, especially X." Zero commented as he pointed South before dashing off Northward.

Comment

Santa Cruz

"You can try. Considering all that energy though, it's dangerous. There's a reason the ship didn't just teleport to the crater. Energy's too unstable. The equivalent of lighting a match in a room filled with flammable gas." Koishi explained, glancing over to the crater. the blue energy still outpouring.

Clockwork Terminal

"Mhm, yes. We do have places to be." HP said, moving along the terminal's path. An elevator sat ahead.

"Not our goal." HP explained, going behind it. There was a small, thin path hidden from view behind the elevator. It looked a little rickety, but it opened up. There were several knights ahead at an intersection, looking on small terminals, while one of them in quite regal armor, hoisting a huge sword and shield on his back, stood leaning against a couple of crates.

Voile

"Indeed it does." Magolor was the first to speak.

"Like a brushfire in Australia." Marx commented.

"Yes, quite. Nevertheless, we're here for the job. I am Magolor, and this is my companion, Marx. I would take it the job's still up for grabs, no?" magolor asked in a professional sounding tone.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Clockwork Terminal

Takoizu was glad that there was something to distract her from her thoughts. Perhaps she would forget about the fear.

As Takoizu followed the Higher Power down the rickety path, staring at the Knights ahead. Takoizu couldn't tell what their role was here, but perhaps her companion would know.

"Who are they?", Takoizu quietly whispered.

Reactor Labs - Sector 4 - Prometheus Labs - London

Dr. Neuman let out a gasp as he fell to his hands and knees and dropped the fried circuit board, falling onto his side soon after, groaning in pain.

"Y.. you..... b*stard...", Dr. Neuman muttered, almost gagging on the words as he curled up in pain.
                  Last edited by S121; 12-17-2014, 12:28 AM.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Reactor Labs - Sector 4 - Prometheus Labs - London

After Raven painfully struck Neuman in between the legs, and Neuman fell to the floor in pain. Chung had walked over to Neuman with dark circles under his eyes. With a simple yawn Chung spoke up.

"So it looks like you learned not to fuck with Raven like that. He can get rather sensitive and could very well lose it if you make a joke about everyone dying. Here, I'll help you up." Replied Chung as he knelt down, holding his hand out for Neuman as he done so.

Comment

Clockwork Terminal

"Guards for the Shadow Lairs. Researchers too." HP explained. "Don't want just any ol' fella accidently trying to wander into one of them. That would be bad news for everyone."

The two approached them. HP did a small salute at the armored knight.

"Hail, Vanguard." HP greeted. "We request access to the Shadow Lairs."

The knight eyed him for a moment. "Mhm. You're the fourth group today. And only two?"

"We can handle ourselves." HP responded. The knight nodded, pointing over to the rightmost intersection.

"Only one functioning, others already have people inside." the knight explained. HP nodded in understanding, walking down the right path.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Voile

"Of course. You two were the first to come." Patchouli nodded and, after muttering a quick levitation spell, flew off to a nearby cabinet housing blueprints. She took one out, flew back down to her desk, and laid out the blueprint to reveal that it was for a telescope.

"You noticed several instruments coming here, yes?" Patchouli confirmed, her eyes switching between the book and the blueprint. "One of them is a telescope that I use to view the stars above. The magic in it allows me to view even the Sun."

"However... it is outdated. The crystal within it that provides its magic is running out of power, and years of use made its lens hazy. I need to rebuild a telescope, and I have the telescope here... but I need the materials."

"First thing that I need you two to obtain for me is about 20 kilograms of Nebulium to form a special kind of glass. It shouldn't be too difficult to find; just ask the Kappas down in the Kappa mine. If they ask how you're going to pay for it, just tell them it's for me."

"By the way... I forgot to put this in the announcement... but what kind of payment are you two looking for?"

Detroit - Michigan

"Got it." Nitori nodded and ran towards where Zero pointed to. As she did, the familiar minidrone appeared besides her.

"Just in time, EVE. Let's set up right here." Nitori commented as EVE's minidrone landed on top of a staircase and began setting up, expanding into a tower that was at least as tall as Nitori herself. As a minidrone, EVE's ability to assimilate the battlefield was mediocre at best, but her tower form enables several unique abilities, such as...

"I have the city map of Detroit right here." EVE announced, projecting a holographic map of Detroit within Nitori's iris. One upgrade that EVE obtained since the invasion of Gensokyo was biologically pleasing holograph, allowing her to display information directly into the iris without bringing discomfort. "Looks like the District 5, the southeastern side, is struck the hardest. Perhaps we should head over there first to see if there are any survivors to rescue... or robots to destroy."

"Right. I'm actually going to leave CAIN here so you can defend yourself. If anything happens, let me know." Nitori concurred and took off, ADAM materializing into a skateboard, towards District 5.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Detroit - Michigan

Zero ran throughout the ruined city, searching left and right for any survivors.

The city was still hot and fresh from the recent bombing, which is indicated by the steam and smoking coming from the cracks of the many ruined buildings. Slowing down his pace Zero looked around once more. Zero looked like he was going to say something, but was unable to for... obvious reasons. Detroit may have not been the cleanest city, nor the nicest, but the people did not deserve something like this. Looking at the ruins brought back many harsh, and almost sickening memories to Zero. From the ruins of buildings, to the almost completely destroyed vehicles scattered along the broken streets. Things were... disturbingly quiet...

After a few more minutes of walking Zero finally came to a complete stop. Deep down Zero had a bad feeling like there was something watching him closely... a feeling he is already far too familiar with thanks to Munich. Being actually ready for the unexpected this time, Zero drew his Z-Saber from his back.

Meanwhile on the other side of the city

As Nitori hovered towards District 5, the faint sound of someone... calling out for help could be heard.

"H-help... is a-anyone o-out there...?" Asked a quiet, weak, and familiar sounding voice near Nitori's current location...

It was X who was buried under a large amount of debris, severely injured from the blast the only thing visible was his face, and his left arm which is sticking out of the rubble. X was severely injured underneath all the stone and metal. Most of his blue armor was damaged with severe cracks, burns, and holes all over it. His reactive super-flexible interior skeleton was also badly damaged... or at least the spine of his skeleton was. That combined with all the rubble he was buried under was preventing him from moving at all.

Comment

Detroit - Michigan

Most of the city's buildings were a wreck, including the GM Renaissance Center: seven intertwined skyscrapers that has been rebuilt and reinforced over time to become a large shopping complex and the headquarter of GM motors. As Nitori arrived to the base of the center, she looked up to find three of the skyscrapers completely destroyed, two in serious despair, one moderately damaged and one slightly marred. No survivors, or at least signs of them, were found while Nitori traveled to here, just huddled, dead bodies of the civilians and bits and pieces of destroyed Mechaniloids.

"This might be good place to gather any survivors I find." Nitori said, scouting the area. EVE's tower form works best when in higher ground, as it can both scan the air and the ground effectively, and the tall skyscraper was perfect for such operation. As Nitori was about to enter the least damaged skyscraper of the seven, she heard,

"H-help... is a-anyone o-out there...?"

Nitori recognized the voice. She turned around to find X crushed under some concrete debris, unable to get himself out. Without hesitation, Nitori dashed to the debris and looked around to assess the situation. There were several huge chunks of concrete stacked on top of X; so many in fact that it was incredible how X could sustain all that weight on him. It could be that there was something inside the debris that was holding the concrete up, or X just had that strong of a back... Either way, he needed to be saved.

"Hold on, X! I'll get you out of there!" Nitori reassured X as she tried to lift the topmost debris, but the rest of the concrete began to rumble as it descended even further down, putting more weight on whatever was propping the debris or, worse, X himself. "Dammit, I need to blast through the debris in one go, then..."

Nitori's eyes and palm glowed in the familiar indigo color as she declared a Normal-level card: "Hydrotech - Aqua Torpedo!"

From the declared card, three bullets, marked with the brand name "Kawashiro", jetted itself into the debris and exploded, crushing any and all concrete within it with only water. The pressure built inside was able to break through the concrete while the concrete itself saved X from the pressure.

"You alright?" Nitori reached towards X after the debris was cleared out to find X in disrepair. "Come on, let's get you to safety. EVE can get you fixed up."
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Ruined Detroit, Michigan - US

Thankfully X's pleas for help were answered as he saw and heard a thankfully familiar person... X though got a little worried when he saw the debris and rubble begin to fall, and almost crush Nitori. Though his worries faded as Nitori took care of the threat.

"N-Nitori...! Thank god you're here... I... can't move... I-I had to put all my energy into my F-Falcon Armor to survive the b-blast... So much energy was put into it, that it took most of the e-explosion... I survived because of it... Unfortunately I am still rather i-injured, and my Falcon Armor is now completely destroyed... D-Did Zero come with you...?" X replied in a weak tone. His voice was a little garbled sounding due to his voice system having been damaged in the explosion.

Comment

Detroit - Michigan

"Yes, he came with me." Nitori nodded as she looked around to double-check if any enemies were around. "Can you walk?"
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X