Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC Board] All the World's a Game - Season II

The Story

To some, it was a dream come true. Characters from every video game known to man were walking the Earth, brought into existence by a freak accident caused by Horizon. Confused and disorientated by the new world, the characters were heralded and adored by the many who had guided them on their journeys. They were different, unique, and all had a story to tell. The problem with them did not set in until it was too late.

Because characters existed in worlds that held different entities and elements, they possessed extraordinary skills, powers, weaponry and technology. A few characters tried to find their niche in a world that had no place for them. Some decided to make their own niche by force, and as a result, they were shunned and villainized. Most characters tried to cope with their new existence, but many could not deal with the fact that their lives and experiences were fabricated.

In 2042, three years after the horizon incident, the 'Character Problem' reached its climax. Events were put into motion that no higher power could put a stop to, actions that no normal human could ever hope to stop. Japan was the first to fall as the actions of a depraved character created a domino effect, destroying buildings and raising nefarious organizations into the light of day. SCAE, Special Character Apprehension and Elimination, tried to do what they could to stem the tide of incidents that were happening in Japan, London, and other locations around the globe, but as a result of poor funding and little support from the world's governments, they could only perform clean-up operations. Humanity was forced to watch as their world burned before their very eyes.

However, all hope was not lost. Many characters from different backgrounds and with different moral codes rose up to combat the greater evils that threatened their new home. They did not ask to live on this 'True Earth', but they were not about to watch it get destroyed. The characters fought for themselves, for humanity, and for each other, never giving up no matter the odds. Organizations were pummeled into submission and plots to overthrow governments were routed. Attacks on nations were thwarted, and a link between worlds had been established and strengthened. Even a lumbering monstrosity that threatened to erase all life as we know it was vanquished by groups of unlikely heroes.

One could say that the world had been saved by the efforts of these vigilante characters. They would be right... But only partially. To most people, the group of characters had caused more damage than what they prevented. Bitterness grew in the hearts of humans, but before they could pick up the torch and pitchfork, the governments stepped in once again. SCAE had returned, strengthened from studying the characters from the sidelines. With the threat of character destruction now prominent in humanity's eye, SCAE was properly funded and backed by the world's governments.

They set out to arrest characters that caused too much trouble, sometimes outright removing them from existence. They also set out to smooth relations over with characters and humanity, realizing the benefit that they brought to the table. After all, a character was a person, not some object. As a result, many characters joined SCAE's ranks in an effort to do right by the world that had seen too much conflict already.

Other organizations resurfaced during the months after 'The Devourer Incident', one of which was ACO, or the Anti-Character Organization. Their goals, as far as anyone can tell, were to prevent characters from being used by corrupt leaders and questionable organizations by any means necessary, even if that meant outright killing them. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees, as it was said.

And yet another unnamed organization had appeared over the past few months, simply referred to as 'The Organization'. Their goals and motives are unknown, but it can be safe to say that they have humanity's best interests in mind. Given their terrorist attacks on characters, it would appear that their idea of 'humanity's best interests' is quite skewed.

But enough talk. Whispers of a character uprising, the threat of The Organization, SCAE's questionable benefactors, and ACO's agenda have been heard on the wind. Many ask if these are just rumors, and many still hope this is so. The last bout of incidents have tested the waters between characters and humans, and no-one wants to have a repeat of Japan or London. But yet, no-one can deny that sliver of doubt ever-present in their lives. Something will happen to the world, and it will be the actions of a select few characters that will bring about the tremors of change.

The question is, will it be you who causes this change? By your actions, whether to survive, thrive, or fit in with this 'True World', will you bring about change the likes of which none have ever seen? Will you aspire to do good in this world and protect it from those who wish to do it harm, or will you banish the humans beneath your heel for trying to control you? Will you join SCAE as a peacekeeper, put a stop to the Organization and others like it, or will you raise one of your own and bring havoc with you wherever you go?

The choice is yours. You are the player, the character, the hero, the villain. You are who you want to be, and in this world, anything goes. Now, choose your character. Press start. Play.

Chaos. The streets were crowded with cars, people rushed about. It was a terrible incident that plagues the world this time of year...
    It was the time of Holiday shopping.

Despite the frenzied nature of the last minute shoppers, there was something in the air that the world hadn't seen in the days 4 months prior.

Peace.

Four months have passed since the cataclysmic events that had unfolded.
    Four Months since the great victory of heroes whose actions saved the world.
    Now, the world began to rebuild after all of those fateful events.

It was December, Christmas Eve.
    Despite everything that had happened four months ago, people had moved on for that day. It was a joyous time. Everyone was in a festive mood, celebrating across the globe.

Everyone lived their lives once more.

Old lives were being pieced back together.
    New lives were being formed.
    The cycle of life after everything that had happened was being reestablished.

Peace seemed certain. Lost in the flurries of festivities, it seemed as though nothing could ever take that. Peace was the world's Christmas present.

Or so it seemed.
    Alas, peace is an elusive creature that never lingers for long.

Christmas Eve
    6:00 AM
    "Wake Up..."

Home - Mayohiga - Gensokyo | 6:00 AM

....."You have been called upon to serve, you will be trained... and you will become the best we can make of you. You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies...".......

...."You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning."......

...."You were trained for battle, that can´t be denied, but there are things that make you different than a killing machine, you care for the well-being of others and have real emotions inside that armor, you have something different from the machines of war, you have a soul."....

...."They gave me the strength to see that it was NOT my fault. She wanted me to live, and that's what I intend to do!"....

...."You want to be stronger, right? Stronger so that you can protect those you care for?"....

...."I don't ever want to see my friends get hurt. The only way that I know how to protect them is with my strength."....

...."I may have darkness in my heart, but then again, so does everybody. What matters is what you do with it. Will you let it consume you, or will you choose something different? I choose to never become like you. I will never let the darkness take my heart. I will never let it consume me!"....

John's eyes snapped open as he woke up from his slumber. The room was dark, but thanks to his enhanced vision, he could see as if it were clear as day. as John continued to wake up and recover from his drowsiness, he began to feel heat emanating from beside him. In the past, John would have been shocked to find someone sleeping beside him, but he knew who this was. John turned his head over to the still sleeping Yukari and gave a light smile as he quietly observed her. John always joked that he was lucky, but he didn't truly believe he was until he met Yukari. John could remember it like it was yesterday.

The first time he met her was when she appeared in one of Tokyo's many alleyways, and gave Yuuka, Renamon, and himself information on the Neo-Yakuza and their operations in a seemingly normal warehouse. After that, she appeared in his apartment to tell Yuuka about Gensokyo's border falling,... which may or may not have been his fault. As time went by, she helped him fight Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, helped train him how to dodge Danmaku and projectiles, got Rumia to teach him how to bend his Darkness to his will, and most importantly, showed him that he was still capable of love. It all happened so fast, but then again, John was always one to hit the ground running, and it seemed Yukari was that kind of person as well. Soon after the Devourer's defeat, they got married, and so far, things could not be better.

John wanted to lay there and continue to reminisce, but he knew that he had a strict schedule to keep. Taking care not to wake Yukari up and to let her sleep, John slowly got out of the bed and walked over to the exercising clothes he had kept neatly folded in the corner of the room. this pile consisted of one grey t-shirt, one pair of black, cloth shorts, socks, and running shoes; all the things he would need to start his day. After quietly putting each piece of clothing on, John left the room and quietly left the house...

Mayohiga - Gensokyo

John walked past all the abandoned, snow-covered houses and streets of Mayohiga, looking at their somewhat rundown state, but not really thinking too much about his surroundings. The only thing on John's mind at this point was training. Ever since The Higher Power, an energy-based being from the Madness universe, asked John to kill The Auditor, John had been training for his inevitable fight. The Auditor was very similar to the Higher Power. In fact, The Auditor was some kind of fallen Higher Power, one that was corrupt and reveled in destruction. The Auditor wanted to destroy the planet, but not for power, or any other gain. He wanted to destroy it simply because he could. The worst part of the entire situation was that like Yukari, The Auditor was a reality warper. In the past four months, John had studied reality warpers, and even found a couple of countermeasures against them, but it required powerful items and magic, things he still had yet to acquire.

Outskirts of Mayohiga - Gensokyo

John soon abandoned his train of thought as he reached the outskirts of Mayohiga. It was close enough to home for him to walk the distance, while still being far enough away to prevent him waking anybody up with his noisy, intense training sessions. Why was he so noisy when training? It was because unlike any other human on the planet, John trained with... heavier weights. Instead of using weights, John used cars, buses, and small planes. First on John's list was his usual warm-up exercise. This warm-up consisted of 500 handstand push-ups, 500 standard push-ups, 400 sit-ups, 150 Burpees, and 1000 squats. To the average human, this would be suicide, but for John, it was something he had done since beginning his training for The Auditor. It wasn't much to John, especially since he was designed to far surpass a normal human's limitations.

Before John started, he took note of his snow-covered surroundings. It was cold outside and the sun had barely come up, yet John was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, clothing definitely not suited for such a cold environment. Of course, the cold didn't really bother John that much. He had been trained since the young age of six to withstand the elements. Besides, he would build up enough body heat soon enough.
    Last edited by S121; 11-27-2013, 03:58 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Outskirts of Gensokyo

Walking through their path, a duo of bipedal beasts walked towards the land of danmaku fights and magical beings. They knew how to cross the many layers of protection of the Hakurei shrine mostly because one of the beasts helped making them again. Soon they would reach the places they fought to save four months ago

"Ok then I got to ask, how will we find them?" the blue jackal asked as they walked into the forest searching for a specific people

"I got my ideas of where they could be, one of them would be at a flower patch taking care of it or having a murderous fight with someone, the scond two are quite harder since their home is usually off limits, but knowing him, there should be things heavy as a car or bus for his training" the fox answered thinking of where the people should be

"We can actually reach the other one, we just need to use that nickname and speak of age, but at this time of the morning should be too soon, right?" the jackal asked again having a mischevious smile

"Yeah, I wouldn´t want to suddenly face a train appearing just in front of me. Anyways, this place has become quite as good or better than the time we were here before" the fox said looking at how the terrain was full of life coated with snow

"That is because the other time, most of this place was a battlefield and the whole surface was leveled down to flat dirt. Can´t believe it only needed some magic rituals and energy rituals to heal the land"

The duo finally reached a place where they could trace one of their friends, the jackal felt the scent of metal and weapon pouder "Yup, he is close to this area, I can smell all of his weapons and his scent" Nera finally got a lead to where the spartan and the gap controller could be

"You are right, might as well say goodmorning to our dear friends, lets go" Renamon spoke as they now followed the trace

Outskirts of Hyrule

Riding her way through the field, the orange haired woman looked at the oncoming soon "Tch.. and I was enjoying the calm night, oh well, canpt have darkness without light" she said to herself as her horse went a little faster

the pale looking woman was on a journey to see new lands, some had giant golems, others have strange big ridable chicken, and another one where a bear and a bird engineered their way with puzzles "And now this land, there are many legends hiding almost below any rock around here, but what can I expect from Hyrule?"

"We shall see what we find" the crimson eyed woman said going further into the field
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

London - Quiet Forest Clearing

It was a calm winter night.

Things seem to be peaceful in the forest just outside of London. However deep within the forest there was a clearing where the snow had been melted in a perfectly clean circle. Within this clearing a young man was meditating in the cold weather without a shirt on. The man's body was covered in scars, burns, and bruises. The most notable thing about this man was his unusual left arm. His left arm was not a normal flesh and blood arm by any means. Instead it was a mechanical one. Made out of wires, could steel, and circuitry.

"..." The man remained silent as he kept his focus on a carved wooden dummy in front of him. This man is none other than Raven. For 4 whole months now he had been training alone in this forest. Fighting against the elements, and trying to gain control of his powerful Nasod Arm. "Just focus... be calm..." He whispered as his mechanical Nasod Arm was suddenly engulfed in searing hot flames. "The influence this arm has over me is strong... but I am stronger!!!" He yelled as he lunged at the wooden dummy, delivering a heavy fiery punch onto it. As soon as the punch connected Raven pulled back his Nasod Arm and delivered a second more powerful punch that had left a large crack in the wood before pulling back his fist once more. "OVERHEAT!!!" He yelled as his arm had once again engulfed itself in an even stronger flame. "TAKE THIS!!!" He yelled as he then punched the dummy with his Nasod Arm with so much force that the he caused the entire wooden dummy to shatter into many small splinters.

After the dummy had been destroyed Raven pulled back his arm which had locked up at the elbow down as it began to cool off. "... Damn..." He said as he plopped down onto the wet morning grass. The reason the snow had melted within this clearing was because of the intense heat from his Nasod Arm. It had left a small area that's relatively warm when compared to the others. "This training is paying off... I don't feel it's influence as strong as it was before..." He thought as he looked at his Nasod Arm...

*CLICK!*

The Nasod Arm had clicked as the vents on the side of the Nasod Arm's forearm had closed after finally cooling off. "I can even feel less of a strain on my body when I overheat..." He thought as he stood up. He held his normal right arm out as he felt the cold snow fall upon his hand. The snow was cold, yet beautiful... and too Raven... refreshing...
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

The Castle That Never Was - Dark city

Everyone was gathered up Where Nothing Gathers. After they released Kingdom Hearts onto the world they had gone a lot busier. First of all they had to make sure that Kingdom Hearts was protected by a barrier of sorts and that you couldn't reach it unless you had the key to the barrier. This was of course only a temporary solution. After that they had went with a more permanent solution of just keeping it out of reach. If anyone came for it they would just snatch it away. The next thing they had to do was to make sure that people knew about what type of power Kingdom Hearts would give someone. At the moment people seemed to agree on sharing the light, mostly at least. It was only a matter of time however. Soon people would find uses for it. They could revive that old love, be rich, gain knowledge or just attain unimaginable power. Soon they would begin to show of the X-blade too. Although making something exactly the same was impossible, people would soon realize hoe to forge their own keyblades. This would be the first sign of war. Once they see this the organization would really begin rolling out their plans. One final thing they had to look out for was people that warned normal people of what would happen. There wasn't many left, but a few families had passed down the tale for generations. When they found one of these the best way to deal with them was to just eliminate them.

This meeting however was about something entirely different. The organization was constantly developing new tools to help them in their quest. One of these tools were a device that would scan and duplicate something from another world. Up to this point the machine was a little bit unstable. Unlike the original machine that caused the original incident, this one didn't produce perfect samples. Within hours to days the object would simply decompose and break back down into the electrons it was made of. However it was just a matter of time. In fact the organization was currently using the device to make what they though would be a device that didn't produced any instability. The only tradeoff was that they couldn't do cloning. The original had to be destroyed.

"How is the progress in the current cycle of the machine?"
          . "All is good. We think she may be ready in a few hours." "Good, get up the security just in case. Have we found a way to duplicate again". "Yes we have" "Good, soon we'll have a tremendously big army"
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Near the heart of the Galaxy

The Auditor walked through a practical looking hall, dark gray walls to both of his sides, along with two possessed ATP Agents. Everything was going according to plan. He had an army of infinite soldiers and workers under his command. His base was in the process of being created, and plans had been laid out for the annihilation of every living thing in the tiny speck in the universe, this Milky Way galaxy. It would be no more. He had forged alliances with powerful creatures and beings that desired that same goal. Once he had finished with this galaxy, he would move onto another, and another, until there was nothing left but darkness. Then, his plans could truly begin.

He entered a far more grand an partially demonic looking hall, a insanely long table sat in front of him, as his new-found allies sat. There were hundreds of them, but the main ones of true note sat near to him. The lords of Hell, Mephisto, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo, Baal, Duriel, and Andariel. Extremely powerful beings whose powers matched his own, who controlled everything negative in the world, from pain, to hate, to lies.

Then, there was the Gravemind, a vicious yet highly intelligent hivemind controlling the parasitic species known as the Flood. Next to him was a creature of similar note, known as Lephantis, controlling the virus known as the Technocyte, or the Infested, as most call them. The list went on and on.

The Auditor sat at the end of the table, in a large chair as to match to height of those around him without growing in size.

"I am glad we could all meet here today." The Auditor spoke, the acoustics of the room making his voice flow easily across the entire room. "We have made several advancements. Due to our newly formed partnership with the Gravemind, we now have access to design plans for Forerunner weapons, which will help our soldiers out tremendously. Another of out new partners, Alad V, from the Corpus Board has also given us access to a very quick way to cross the galaxy and stake our claims on certain systems, for those who were interested. Any questions or other things of note?" The Auditor asked.

A large amount of voices spoke up at once, to be silenced by the sound of Diablo roaring, causing the others to promptly quiet down. "You wretches must be in order." Diablo said to everyone, turning to the Auditor.

"This is a quesion that most, of not all of us have, dark one. What is to be done with the wretched light known as Earth?" Diablo asked.

The Auditor chuckled. "Now that my friend, is a good question. Who here would like to invade Earth, raise your appendages." The Auditor answered. Almost everyone raised their hands.

"I believe that answers your question, Lord of Terror. We can make plans on the 'morrow. Meeting dismissed until later." The Auditor said. Most of the others got up and left, aside from the Gravemind, and the Prime Evils of Hell, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal.

"Well, that meeting went swimmingly. Mephisto, can you start rallying Oculuses to assist in transportation to Earth's surface?" THe Auditor questioned. Mephisto merely nodded.

"Excellent. Then, let us go plan." The Auditor ordered, the other following him.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Soundless Prison - The Castle That Never Was

"Hey, Cole? You remember that one time that I gave you my gun?" Zeke said to Cole, looking at him with a smirk.
              Cole looked to his friend, Zeke, in both curiosity and annoyance. Cole knew where this conversation was going and he did not like it.
              "Yeah. What about it?" Cole replied.
              "Oh man. That was so darn funny! The second you touched the thing, the electricity in your hand cooks off the gunpowder and the whole thing goes 'KABAM!'" Zeke then bursts out laughing over the whole event and starts trailing off in his speech.
              Cole could recall the event like it was almost yesterday. Zeke and Cole had a few too many beers and Zeke thought it would be funny to give Cole his gun. But, because Cole's body always emits electricity, the sparks from Cole's fingertips heated the gun to a great extent and caused it to explode. Cole had to admit it was rather surprising that the gun would immediately explode upon contact with his hands.
              "The look on your face was priceless!" Zeke remarked.
              "Heh... The damn thing nearly blew my hand off." Cole countered with a cold and nearly emotionless voice.

Cole stirred from his bed and steadily awoke. Rising out of his bed, he looked all around him hoping to see his friend, Zeke, laughing about the gun incident at his expense. Much to his disappointment, Cole did not see his best friend or the streets of Empire City but instead saw the almost featureless walls of a prison cell.

His cell.

The cell walls were made of a strange, purple stone-like material and the front of the cell had its generic prison bars to it. The rest of cell had only the basics and the necessary things for survival. Nothing more, nothing less. Although the bars were made of metal, they were connected to some kind of electrical draining system. This would mean that if Cole were to touch them, he would be greatly discharged and could potentially die if he touched them for too long. If it ever came down to it, Cole would just grasp the bars of his cell as hard and as long as he could and collapse on the floor right there and then.

As he stared at the walls of his cell, the same questions that he had been asking himself numerous times began to resurface. How long had it been since he was first thrown into this prison? Cole could not remember the exact amount of time but he predicted that it could have been anywhere from around 2 months to at least a year. Cole had a very bad sense of time. Why exactly was he here? Who was keeping him here and what did they want with him? Cole hoped that it was not for the same reasons as The First Sons had when they killed Cole's girlfriend, Trish. As for his captors, Cole knew almost nothing about them. The only people to pass his cell were mysterious, black-hooded and black-robed people usually accompanied with a wide variety of beings. Characters, Cole believed he had heard them say as they passed by. It is a strange term. It was as if the hooded people referred to them as characters from a TV show or a comic book.

Then it sprung to him. How could he have forgotten? Cole recalled one of the first few things he had learned upon leaving Empire City, before having been thrown into this prison. According to the various people Cole had come across, Cole was merely a character in a "video game". His whole life was merely a simulation created by the people of this world as a means of entertainment and amusement. Deep inside, this revelation angered Cole. His whole life and existence had been a lie. All that had happened to him. The loss of his girlfriend, the plague, the betrayal of his best friend, it was all just a game to some child sitting in front of their TV. "So that was what those other things were..." Cole faintly said to himself upon realising this. All of the other beings locked within this prison. They were characters from their own "video games", just like him. But what did these hooded people want with them? What did they want with him? Sure, he had his powers of electricity. But there were numerous characters out there that had powers more interesting and more dangerous than his. In fact, some of the characters in this very prison could easily take him down without a moment's hesitation. Whatever the case might have been, Cole was sure that he must be needed by these hooded people for something. Something that Cole was not going to approve of.

Like every day that Cole spent in this blank and unwelcoming cell, Cole hoped that one day he would find some answers. That someday, maybe today, he would finally be able to leave this forsaken prison and find some answers about what was going on.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Isaac's House - Somewhere on the West Coast - California | Dusk

"Aaaaand done.", Isaac said to himself as he held his latest creation in his hands, admiring the fruits of his labor.

What Isaac held in his hands was the culmination of four entire months of planning, research, and development. It was a device capable of suppressing the ability to read minds. Why would an engineer create such a device? Surely he wouldn't use it. In truth, it wasn't for him, it was for his friend Koishi. Ever since that fateful night when here third eye opened, she had been hearing the whispers of the minds of every person in Gensokyo, driving her to insanity. Isaac already made her a device four months ago, but this new one was much better than the old one. This new one would last Koishi at least 1,000 years, and unlike the old one, it didn't need anything like batteries. Instead, this one was powered by the person's body temperature, as well as a nano-reactor that would activate in colder weather. Unlike the old device, this new one had other functions as well. Instead of just cancelling out all mind-reading capabilities, it was also capable of allowing Koishi to read one mind at a time. Another function was its hologram projector. With the hologram projector, one could see the time, date, receive and take messages, call people, and receive calls. Isaac didn't really think Koishi would care for all the extra crap he put into the wristband device, but he had a lot of room left over to work with, so he opted to fill up the spaces with other addons.

Isaac leaned back in his chair as he let out a yawn. It was getting to be very late and nighttime was just around the corner. It didn't really help that he got little to no sleep, due to him constantly working on something. If it wasn't him working on Koishi's new device, it was him creating a new module, or stronger RIGsuit. Ever since the battle within The Consumer, Isaac had realized that he was fighting against forces many times more powerful than himself, but thanks to his friend, Lujuria, he was able to come up with countermeasures and incorporate them into a new RIGsuit. With the new RIGsuit, Isaac would be able to stand a fighting chance against the person that attacked him in The Consumer, Lucifer. Lucifer had nearly killed Isaac on multiple occasions, but this time, Isaac would be ready. His new RIGsuit was much more resistant to damage, it could safely fly faster than the old one, it had various visor modes, had upgraded modules, and had a better cooling system. In the past, Isaac was very unprepared, but this time, he was ready.

Isaac lightly held his stomach as he felt the hunger pains creep up on him and realized that he had spent this entire time working on Koishi's wristband, but forgot about dinner.

(Better take care of that.), Isaac thought to himself as he stood up out of his chair and walked out of his workshop, to the kitchen.

(music)
                London - Quiet Forest | Night

Little did Raven know that he wasn't alone. Deep inside one of the nearby bushes was a figure unable to be seen by the untrained eye, thanks to the advances in Active Camo technology. The invisible person in the bushes was none other than Lily-223, the Spartan-III that had befriended Raven. While Raven was reducing the wooden dummy to splinters, Lily was coming up with a plan to have a little fun with Raven. She was going to have a little fun, then sneak up behind him.

Lily covertly grabbed some snow and rolled it up into a ball, making sure not to make any noises. After doing that, she quietly turned over to a distant tree and threw the snowball as hard as she could. The snowball darted through the air and slapped against the tree hard, causing its impact to echo throughout the forest.

Outskirts of Mayohiga - Gensokyo | Dawn

John was lying on his back, in the snow, with a 8,000 pound truck in his hands.

"Ten... Eleven... Twelve.", John mumbled to himself in a strained voice as he gently placed the old red truck back down.

After John finished bench-pressing the truck, he rolled out from underneath the vehicle and opened up a Corridor of Darkness underneath the truck, causing the vehicle to fall through. After the truck was gone, John let out a sigh and wiped the hot sweat off his forehead. The snow that was stuck to his back was quickly melting from John's body heat, but thanks to the exercise, John didn't feel cold from his surroundings. After taking a minute to rest, John opened up another Corridor of Darkness, only this time, a large, yellow school bus rolled out onto the soft, crunchy, white snow.

After the school bus came to a stop, John walked over to the school bus and got underneath it. With his back on it's underside, and his hands tightly gripping the frame, John pushed up with his legs and lifted the school bus off the ground. To see such a feat was truly incredible, but then again, half of the people living in Gensokyo could do the same thing, if not lift multiple buses. Now that John had the weight of the entire bus on his shoulders, John carefully dropped down to one knee without it touching the ground, then pushing off with the knee in front of him to a standing position, performing his first lunge of the day. John alternated with each leg, and inched forward with each lunge he performed, causing him to perform some kind of walk that involved crouching with each stride. As time passed by, John performed 10, 20, then 30 lunges with the large yellow school bus on his shoulders. Each time he got too close or too far away from Mayohiga, John would turn around and perform lunges in the other direction. John had to reach 70 or 80 before he would be finished, but if he kept at it, then he would get there in no time.
                Last edited by S121; 11-27-2013, 10:25 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

London - Quiet Forest | Day

Raven was busy enjoying this peaceful winter night when suddenly he heard the sound of something impacting a nearby tree.
                  The sound had echoed throughout the forest, startling any nearby animals. Raven however turned to the tree and saw some snow on the bark. "..." He was silent as he examined it. "Okay I don't know who threw that... but I know you're still there." He said as he turned around, placing his Nasod Arm on the tree... unfortunately though he accidentally placed his hand on it with a little TOO much force. As soon as his Nasod Arm came in contact with the tree all of the snow on the branches above him fell down on top of Raven. Completely burying him in a pile of snow.
                  Last edited by SUSTIC; 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

(music)

Lily expected Raven to go investigate, but she had no idea he was going to accidentally knock all of the snow in the tree on top of himself.

"Pfft", Lily uttered as she fought to suppress a laugh.

Instead of laughing, she simply gave a partially suppressed smile underneath her helmet. Raven was near the tree, which meant that she now had to move to another position, where she would be able to sneak up on him. Lily knew that her tracks would be a problem, but if she was clever, then she wouldn't have to worry about them. Now that she thought about it, her tracks would be quite helpful. Instead of walking forward to another hiding spot, Lily walked backwards, to hide where she really was.
                    Last edited by S121; 11-27-2013, 10:25 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Shortly after being buried in the snow his Nasod Arm can be seen emerging from the pile of snow.
                      Almost immediately Raven's arm was engulfed in flames as Raven then slammed his fist into the ground. Creating a large ring of fire around him as he did so. The ring of fire quickly melted the snow around him, and even some more of the snow in the area... unfortunately though the tree was quickly burned to a crisp.

"Why did I have to get my clothes wet this morning... it's f-freezing! Even with the heat my arm can generate this snow is still cold!!!" He yelled as he stood back up.

Raven looked at his surroundings, but saw no one there. "Hmm..." He thought for a moment of what to do... That's when he knelt down and began to make a snowball of his own. "Now judging by where the snow had impacted that tree... the direction whoever threw it from must be... Over there!" He said as he tossed the snowball with all of his strength his Nasod Arm could handle in Lily's direction. The snowball flew through the forest, and impacted a tree near Lily. The impact echoed throughout the forest, much like the one Lily had thrown did.

"Okay you can come out now... and if you don't I will start throwing fireballs."

Comment

Outskirts of Mayohiga - Gensokyo

Reaching the possible place of the Yakumo home, the fox noticed a bus being lunged around "Told you we would find him training with cars and buses" she said as they walked

"Even in vacation times he keeps training everyday I guess, but here that is a pretty normal sighting with the people of these lands" Nera spoke loking at the free terrain for the spartan to train

Renamon was already seeing the spartan in a simple training outfit while dealing with the school bus, so she decided to greet him "Hey there John, how have you been?" she said outloud
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Isaac's House

Lujuria came from the kitchen suddenly.

"Hey there. I was hoping you had a hunger drive. I got ya some fresh meat."

She had a plate of steak in her hand and a drink in another.

"I'm telling ya, even though you technically own me, it might be awkward to have people know you live with someone like me, and it's not because I'm a demon." She said with a chuckle. "But either way, I'm literally bound to you, so..." She placed the plate on the table. "Might as well get used to having a roommate."

She went back to go get her own plate.

"So, what'd you achieve today?"

Human Village

Shikieiki was sitting on the side lines of a human field, watching the children play around in the snow. She smiled.

"*sigh*... how peaceful it is this time around."

"Indeed," A woman said, walking up to Shikieiki. She sat down beside her. "Such a beautiful time of the year."

"You know, I've been to many places, but I've never been around here this time around. There are never that many reports this time around."

"That's because it's too majestic to stain it in blood. No matter how cruel one can be, no one would want to ruin it."

"I see I've much to learn about humans."

"Oh, that's right. You're the yama, aren't you? Well, all I've got to say is that you'll love it here."

"I can tell." Shikieiki said, watching the snow fall. "... I've already gotten attached to the village and it's inhabitants."

Comment

(music)
                            Outskirts of Mayohiga - Gensokyo | Dawn

"Hey there John, how have you been?", Renamon asked John.

Upon hearing Renamon's voice, John turned around to see Renamon and Nera standing there, watching him train. Unfortunately for John, he turned to face them too quickly, and the bus's inertia continued to turn the bus. John was strong, but even he wasn't immune to the laws of physics. Due to the inertia of the bus, along with the low traction from the crushed snow, John lost his balance and fell backward with the bus, landing on his back. The large, yellow school bus slammed into the ground, but thanks to John's foresight, none of the windows broke. Why? It was because he had removed all of the bus's windows, only leaving the frames.

(Sh*t...), John thought as the school bus's impact echoed through the air.

"Hey, Renamon, Nera.", John calmly said as waved at them while on his back.

(music)

The snowball hit the tree, but it was not where Lily was at. While Raven was busy melting the snow, she had already arrived at a nearby tree and hid again. Her footprints led to her old hiding spot, thanks to her quick thinking, so Raven would believe that she was still there.

"Okay you can come out now... and if you don't I will start throwing fireballs.", Raven called out.

This threat of violence only brought a smile to her face as she considered it more of a challenge now. Following the same tactic as before, Lily made another snowball, threw it at a tree next to Raven, and walked backwards to another hiding spot that was closer to Raven. All she had to do was keep repeating this process until she was close enough to sneak up on him and surprise him.

Isaac's House - Somewhere on the West Coast - California | Dusk

Isaac was a little surprised to see Lujuria here, but then again, she always appeared when he least expected it. Not that he minded, of course. In fact, Lujuria was a demon that Isaac had befriended back during "The Devourer Incident". They used to be former enemies, but now they were close friends.

"I wouldn't say that I technically own you, I just have something that can summon you. Thank you very much.", Isaac thanked Lujuria for the meal in a light-hearted tone, then began to tell her about what he had accomplished today.

"Well, I finished Koishi's wristband device, created a new Rigsuit Module, and survived the onslaught of last-minute Christmas shoppers.", Isaac said to Lujuria in a joking tone.
                            Last edited by S121; 11-27-2013, 10:24 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Soundless Prison - The Castle That Never Was

Saïx was going around checking up on the conditions of the prisoners. Most of them were kept in a container that would scan every move they made, not for security, but as a means of gathering data of the characters. This was they could better reproduce and simulate the characters in computers. Normally checking up on the prisoners would be the dusks job, but today Saïx had something special in mind. There was a character in here that had a particular connection with electricity. What they wanted to know was how this would affect their machine. Today they would stop the normal scans and put him in a special container instead. This was they could track each individual electron and use this data as a way to make their machines even more powerful. On his way he found a few characters that was near death or already dead. He turned to one of his berserker nobodies that followed him around and ordered it to take care of it. No matter what they couldn't let anyone die. The ones that did die had most likely tried to escape.

Eventually he reached Cole's cell. "Hello Prisoner 1256 also known as Cole. Are you healthy? Having a good time? I hope so as we have grown quite interested in you. You see, you interact with electrons in a special way. When the characters were first formed, the first thing to take form and stabilize was the electrons. They formed the basis of the body. Now the interesting thing is that you control electrons. Does that mean that you could literally shape yourself however you wanted in the first few hours of you life here. And if we attained this power and applied it to our future creations, will they be able to shape themselves? Of course we need a little bit of data first from you so if you would kindly walk into the Corridor of Darkness in the end of your cell." With that Saïx formed a Corridor of Darkness in the end of the cell leading into what appeared to be a glass tube inside of a lab.

Ansem the Wise was enjoying his time inside his secret underground lab. Things were quite nice. He definitively knew that the organization was planning something, but at this moment there was nothing left to do, but wait. Of course he still had the security systems set up just in case. He could never be too careful. Suddenly he got a notification about that all the snow from one of the trees in the area had disappeared. "I was beginning to enjoy myself. I hope this isn't any trouble." He got out of his chair and used a Corridor of Darkness to get to about the tree without the snow. When he walked out on the other side he saw the young man that had been training her for some time. Luckily it was false alarm. "I am completely find with that you train on tarining dolls in the forest, but could you please stay away from these trees. I want this to look as much as possible like a place where no one lives. Other than that I hope you're having fun and that the training is paying off."
                              Last edited by Katrix; 11-28-2013, 01:08 AM.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X