Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosperity | Streets of Colony Sungrey
    BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni: White Shadow
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQK2QbMW-Qk

I guess lots of places on this planet must be colonies then, Terra thought. She pondered that word. Colonies...? Colonized by who?

Regardless, Terra had bigger things to worry about right now. "Well, Neri isn't exactly a colony. It's just a regular town. I've been living there for about five years now. It's nice. There are lots of nice trees and flowers and pretty things like that." Terra didn't really know how else to describe Neri. It's not like it was a really famous town or anything, it was just sort of cute and nice to live in.

Terra's head then came up as she remembered that she needed to thank Adam. She looked at him with wider eyes, as her need to voice her gratitude superseded her anxiety. "Oh, and, uh, thank you for agreeing to take me here! It would have been ok if you hadn't, but to be honest it's nice that I'm not all alone anymore!" She smiled, although her nerves still showed in her eyes, which still had a trace of fear stewing within them.

Comment

Prosperity | Sungrey Outskirts

"Oh, it's nothing at all. You kinda remind me of my little sister, to be honest. And besides, helping people was just how I was raised to be." he said with a smile. "I found you just on the other side of that hill over there."

Adam pointed to a modestly sized mound about 15 minutes away from them. "We call it Munchkin's Pass, since it's so small compared to the rest of the hills around here."

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Guardian Angel's Commons

Keegan stepped gingerly into the empty common room. He was surprised none of the other Guardians were here, but figured they were all busy helping out around the station. Phenom wasn't there either. He decided he would simply leave the knife on a nearby table with a note.

He snagged a nearby piece of paper and a pen, etching "For Phenom, Love Soren" on it. He placed it on the table, with the knife on top of it.

"He might like that. Almost like his dad was still alive, I suppose." Keegan thought.
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Terra's eyes hardened upon seeing her destination. She didn't even know if she would find anything helpful here. In fact, it was likely she wouldn't. She'd be right back to where she was before, stranded on an unknown world. At that moment, it finally sunk in how little Terra knew of this planet. Beyond these hills... everything was a mystery. She really had no idea where she was. A sense of panic rose within her, her pulse quickening in a sickening manner... but she also felt... wonder. What was out there...?

Once they finally reached the area Adam had indicated, Terra looked around. She signed. Just as she had thought, there was no portal to be found. She was at least sure of that much. Adam would surely have noticed if it was still there when he found her. But she didn't know if there was anything else that could help her. Unfortunately, the lost girl had no idea what she needed to find...

After walking around the area aimlessly a bit, looking for something, anything that looked even remotely helpful, Terra hung her head. There was nothing. Her only hope of getting back quickly, the portal, was gone. It was like trying to play a game of hide and seek without knowing who to find or where they could hide. She could search forever. Surely, however, that would be an eternal torture.

She turned to look back at Adam. "Sorry... I don't really see anything that might be of any use... Thanks for showing me how to get here though, and I'm sorry it was just a waste of time."

Comment

Nevaaras

Mokou was reminisced of a joke about an exhibitionist she heard from that one monochrome speed freak magician Marisa as she snatched the shirts and the shorts from the air and began putting them on. Surprisingly and unsurprisingly, the clothes fit almost perfectly, considering the similarity of Mokou and Miranda's build.

"Thank you." Mokou recognized Miranda's courtesy. She finally had something covering her skin, although they were quite tight clothing and felt a bit uncomfortable. Turning to Ethan, Mokou chuckled. "Well, looks like you two don't have to do your silly race anymore, huh?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Nevaaras

Ethan softly exhaled as he saw Miranda's selfless act, placing herself in a compromising position instead of the mystery girl being in it instead. It just went to show that although Miranda was a violent and volatile individual, she wasn't totally heartless. Now that Ethan thought about it, he was going to get a towel from his ship transported from his ship for the girl, but he had completely forgotten when Miranda suddenly appeared. Now was a good time as any, so Ethan decided to help Miranda out. Before that though, the white haired girl lightly chuckled as she turned to him and asked if they were done with their little race.

"For the moment. I mean, we could run on foot, but that wouldn't be fair to you or Miranda. Besides, I kinda liked that little distraction.", Ethan said to the girl in a slightly more reserved tone than the wild and almost overly confident tone he had before. After that, he turned over to Miranda and spoke again.

"Hang on just a sec. As much fun as it would be to see you walk about town in little else than your underwear, it would be kinda sh*tty of me if I let you do it. I'm going to get a towel beamed down from my ship.", Ethan said to Miranda before turning to SiMo.

"Hey SiMo, know anything about fixing vehicles?", Ethan asked SiMo.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Nevaaras

SiMo looked at the car, examining it, processing the damage through it's sensors before turning to Ethan. "With the proper tools, yes, I do possess the proper information to fix this vehicle." it replied, in a somewhat confident sounding manner.

SiMo then looked over to Miranda. "If I may, I can push the car into the city and repair it, if you would allow me to, that is."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Adam merely frowned in disappointment Terra not being able to find anything helpful. "Sorry this was a wasted trip, Terra." He waited for the young girl to indicate that she was ready to leave. It would be extremely rude of him to just turn and leave without her. Besides, he didn't even know if she had a place to stay yet.

"Uh... I take it you don't really have anyone around here you can ask for a place to stay, huh? And judging by your withdrawn attitude, you'd probably be scared stiff staying at the home of someone you've only just met. How about I pay a nights rent at the inn for you? Maybe you'll have more luck finding your way back home tomorrow!"
                Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-06-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Voiceless
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkun-83JvF8

Terra smiled sadly at Adam. That would be nice. She wished he didn't need to spend money on her, having already spent his time helping her out, but Terra really did need the help. "That'd be nice... Um... Thank you..."

Something clicked inside of Terra right then. She was out of luck. There was nothing she could do to go home. She felt like a tiny fish who had gotten caught in a strong current and fell down a waterfall. She didn't know how she'd be able to swim back... She didn't know how she'd even survive here. She had no home, no money, no friends, well, not that she had many friends to begin with. Terra felt her eyes start to tear up a bit. There was no more hope...

No, she thought. No crying yet. There's still a chance... There's still... Something. Terra blinked fast a few times. Her eyesight had been blurring with the tears that she had almost, almost shed. She clenched her jaw. She wouldn't let herself cry until there was no hope left, none at all. Once she reached that point- no, if she did, then she would cry as much as she needed.

Terra looked up at Adam again. "I guess I'm done here. Please take me to the inn." She paused. "A-and, thanks again..."

Comment

Adam could see the tears beginning to form in Terra's eyes and simply frowned. He felt so sorry for this young girl before him, who was so lost that it seemed almost like she came from another world. There's no way that could have been it, though. The he heard her thank him yet again.

"You don't need to keep thanking me, Terra. I'm helping you out because I want to. If you want me to help you try to find a way home again tomorrow, just let me know." he said. He turned back towards the colony and started on his way.

30 Minutes later

The sun was slowly setting on the colony by this point. As the two returned to the colony, Adam led Terra directly to the inn. The light in the main room was still on, so Adam let Terra and himself inside, only to be greeted by a woman, maybe 34 years old, cleaning up. The interior was rather reminiscent of inns of ancient Earth. It was very rustic in aesthetic, giving a cozy, homey feeling. There were two sets of stairs past the main desk, each on either side of the foyer.

"Oh hey, you're... Richter's kid, right?" said the woman, who appeared to be the proprietress of the inn.

"Yeah, my name's Adam. Listen... this girl here got lost here in the colony and she doesn't know how to get home, but it's too late for me to send her out into the plains without and sort of protection. And I'm no fighter, myself. Can you spare her a room?"

"Oh, of course. There's one room left, lucky you. The trading caravans are coming in in a few hours, heading towards Tumas, so the rest got rented out. It'll be 20 Marks." the woman said, holding out her hand.

Adam reached into his pockets and pulled out a handful of coins, pouring them into the Innkeepers hand. "There you go ma'am."

As the woman counted the coins, her free hand grabbed a keycard off of the wall and threw it to Adam. "Up the right side stairs, it'll be the last room on your left. You're on your own for food, but it has a bed and bath, so at least it's comfy. Make yourself at home." The woman said. As she finished counting the money, she looked up at Terra with a warm smile. "And if there's anything you need, including yelling at the convoyers to shut up, you come to me. I'll be in the back here." She finished, pointing at the corridor behind her.
                    Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-07-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Prosperity | Sungrey Inn
                      BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Voiceless
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkun-83JvF8

Terra laughed lightly with the woman, trying to lighten things up. "Hehe, ok, I'll remember that. Hopefully I won't need to, but if I do I'll take you up on your offer. Or maybe just ask you to do it anyway. It might be fun to watch a innkeeper freak out at some convoyers, hehe!" After the woman walked away, Terra turned back to Adam. "About what you said earlier, about maybe helping me find a way home... I think I'd like that. If you want to, then maybe you can find me here tomorrow morning." Terra turned away and called a gentle "Good night," waving goodbye to Adam.

Terra followed the directions given to her, up the stairs on the right, last room on the left. Terra used the card and entered the door, looking around into her new living space. It didn't betray her expectations, looking just as cozy as the lobby below. Terra plopped down onto her bed, a habit of hers when she needed to think. Terra looked up at the ceiling. She held her hand up, as if reaching for something, then let it fall to her side. A gesture signifying her helplessness.

She sighed again and looked at the bed she laid on. It was comfortable. Not as comfortable as her bed at home, but good enough for her. She pondered briefly whether she would change into her nightgown or not. Because of her magic, all of her clothes were still with her, and she could change into any she pleased instantly, but for some reason she felt reluctant to change into her nightgown tonight. Maybe she felt exposed, or maybe she felt that putting on her pajamas and getting cozy in the bed would be like giving up, somehow, as if this bed were meant for her... She couldn't explain it, but Terra simply felt like she didn't want to change tonight. She climbed into bed, still wearing her regular clothes, and tried to fall asleep. Terra doubted she would be able to, though. These things made sleep troublesome. At this point, she just hoped to give up to exhaustion and pass out. That would be better than a sleepless night, she thought.

Comment

Prosperity | Atop Munchkin's Pass
                        BGM: Legend of Dragoon - Uneasy State https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EYcM5zakqA

Virodhi Phorma stood atop the low mound, staring out at the small colony before him. It might seem a poor logistics choice to bring the bulk of his army all the way out to the colonies, where few of these villages could even put up a fight. However, with the caravans coming in soon, it was good that a large portion of his force was here. Better to take all of the precious goods with. And more than that, he simply wanted to smash any sort of hopes the colonists might have and watch them squirm under his army's thundering boots. The black form looked off his left shoulder, at his current right-hand man. These Venturian soldiers had been forgotten and forsaken by their own people, left to die on Prosperity. They lacked the knowledge to create and maintain large farms, so they did not bother. The uncolonized territories were widely lawless and unforgiving.

As his lieutenant stared longingly at the helpless colony a mere short march away, one could see that his sense of duty had all but left him, replaced now with naught but scorn and yearning. Phorma turned to face the camps below him. Three thousand troops were packed ever so tightly in the small valley below. The camp fires and makeshift tents contrasted the advanced anti-personnel weaponry the troops used to wield. However, by this point, after decades of no supply runs from the rest of the galaxy, they had run out of ammo and simply turned their rifles into powerful melee weapons of all sorts. Surely it didn't matter. They had Phorma: The strongest warrior of them all.

Wordlessly, Phorma turned from his perch and descended into the camps. Tonight they would rest from their long trek. Then tomorrow? They would strike the village, and burn it to the ground.

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven"

About an hour passed with no real activity on Heaven, and a voice came back over the intercom.

"Attention, all hands. Attention, all hands. Heaven will be jumping out of system shortly. All non-essential personnel are advised to report to their quarters. Repeat, Heaven will be jumping shortly. All non-essential personnel are advised to report to their quarters." the voice said. Anyone who wasn't essential to this jump had already made their way home, though.

Inside the bridge, the crew was rattling off protocol to each other to make sure this jump was as safe as possible.

"Blast shields closed."

"Hangars locked down, nothing's moving in there."

"Inertia dampeners online."

"Gravity normalized throughout the station."

"Jump-drive Green."

"Navigation, Green."

"Engine, Green."

"Coordinates locked in."

"All systems nominal!"

One of the Lords stood tall above the bridge crew, overlooking their work until they finally gave the all-clear signal. When they did so, the Lord spoke his command.

"Heaven, Jump!"

And just like that, Heaven left the system in which Alcyon lay.

Comment

The Palace

"Then again, if this place was so important to those who lived here, they must have prepared things for its protection" Mara pointed out "I´m just being cautious" she said following their direction. She was prepared for traps that could be a simple trap door or falling walls, it could be paranoia, but it is better to be too cautious than reckless
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Nevaaras

Miranda chuckled sarcastically at Mokou's response about her and Ethan not having to do the race anymore, but she is right about that. It would be impossible for Miranda to beat Ethan in a foot-race anyways. Anyways despite her being such a total b*tch to Ethan, the man still is willing to provide a towel for Miranda at least. However when Ethan said that, all it got from Miranda was a simple shrug as she then turned to SiMo.

"You can push it back to the colony, but I'm afraid one of the laws around here is that only people with a proper license can repair government-owned vehicles. So sorry, can't allow you to repair it. But you can still be a nice robot and push it back to the colony for us."

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Barracks 2-A

After a good, warm shower Bardock stepped out of the bathroom and into the rest of his new place to stay. That was when he heard the voice over the intercom saying that the station was getting ready to jump out of this system and somewhere else. Hearing this, and with nothing else to do... Bardock did the one thing a warrior like him needs after such a long day. A good long rest. As such he went over to the bed and prepared it before hopping in. Once in the bed he then began to drift off into a rather deep sleep...

Comment

Hyperspace | Space Station "Heaven" - Phenom's Quarters
                              4 Hours Later | 4 a.m. Station Time

Within Heaven, one could feel the station gentling rumbling as it passed through space at a high rate of speed. The station carefully navigated its way through the Venturian galaxy, dodging stars, planets, and space junk on its way to its destination. As Phenom slept, his mind began to wander. Perhaps it was triggered by too much thinking of the past. Maybe it was Nyctores's death. It didn't matter why, all that mattered was what.

Phenom's Dream
                              Earth | 2148 | Over the Mojave Desert
                              BGM: Tool - Parabola (0:00 - 0:58) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElaqhquY00

Spoiler: Long, violent, potentially NSFW post

A pair of GaHDD Drop ships glided through the air over the desert ever so silently. The setting sun cast a crimson blanket across the scorching sands of the Mojave. This was Western North America in all of its post civil war, Dystopian charm. The smoldering remains of the city of Las Vegas from the riots more than a decade ago could be seen in the distance. Sixteen years had passed since then and not a single brick had been laid by the United States government towards rebuilding its western territories.

The Angels within the Dropships were all whooping and hollering, celebrating their victory over a dangerous terrorist cell in the Mojave. A sandstorm raged below, though, interfering with scanners and leaving the Angels above completely ignorant to the impending danger below. A loud explosion rocks the dropships violently followed by another and another. Both dropships caught fire and their pilots were knocked unconscious. The dropships jerk violently towards the ground... A 17 year old Phenom's vision goes black.

BGM: Tool - Parabola (0:58 - 4:02)

Phenom slowly returns to in-dream consciousness. He can feel an intense heat upon his body and blood dripping down his face. He opens his eyes slowly so the that the sun is no longer present in the sky. Night has befallen the Mojave, and a dull rumble can be heard above the deafening ringing in his ears. Phenom looked around to see he was sat within the smoldering wreckage of the two dropships, the bits and pieces of it creating makeshift cover. He tipped his head slightly to the right and glanced out of the corner of his eyes. Two corpses sat against the side of one of the hulls.

'.... The pilots... ' Phenom thought.

The rumbling began again, this time a little more clear. He still couldn't make out what it was, though. He was too disoriented to understand the danger he was in currently. It was at this moment that he became aware of a weight on his lap. He looked down and saw the face of one of the younger members of the squad. Her name was Jamie, as he remembered. She was a year younger than he was, and here she was unconscious on his lap. He thought for a moment about the face and remembered that she had become a good friend of his as he spent time in Heaven. She had black, shoulder length hair and looked like her namesake. Exactly like an Angel, sleeping peacefully in his lap. He brushed her hair from her face.

She didn't look like she was waking up soon, but Phenom had not yet regained control of his legs, so it didn't particularly matter to him at this point. The rumbling began again, this time louder. Phenom could feel the tinnitus leaving his ears, but it was much too slow. He looked around to see some of the other Angels firing rifles behind makeshift pieces of cover. He pondered for a moment.

'... What are they shooting at...? ' he thought to himself. Three Angels lay dead on the ground between the other three who were firing at... whatever they were firing at. '...They shouldn't be sleeping there... It isn't safe...'

If one could hear Phenom's disoriented thoughts, they would probably think he was an ignorant child who'd never spilled a drop of blood in his entire life. As the battle raged on, his mind flashed back to a number of joyous and celebratory times that he had spent with his fireteam. He smiled a little bit.

Then he heard the rumbling stop again. He heard three loud bangs and looked back over at the rest of the team. They lay dead on the ground as well. Phenom sighed and shook his head. He watched as the men who slaughtered his team approached him. There were dozens of them. Potentially hundreds, and now they were coming to kill Phenom and Jamie.

'...They don't look like they're very friendly...' He pondered.

As five men in particular drew closer, one of them, maybe the boss, drew his sidearm. He maneuvered his way directly in front of Phenom and smacked him across the head.

"Wake up, you damn monster." He growled. "You think you can just waltz into our territory and kill our guys? You think we'd just let you LEAVE? HUH!? Listen here, you little fuckin' piece of shit. First thing I'm gonna do is I'm gonna shoot your girlfriend here in the head. Then I'm gonna kneecap your ass. Then we're all gonna take turns fucking this little bitch's corpse while we force you to watch. Ya get me?"

Phenom barely understood what the man said, but he was oriented enough to understand their ill-intent. The boss planted his hand on Phenom's head, nodding for him. As it was, his body was too heavily damaged to do anything anyway.

"Alright, boys! The fuckhead understands!" the boss called out, "So how about we get started."

The boss then aimed his gun at the unconscious Jamie's head, and pulled the trigger. A sickening splat followed as the bullet entered her skull and passed through the other side. The impact of bullet on flesh spattered Phenom's face with her blood, and he simply looked at the body with blank eyes. He could do nothing, but felt his rage welling up in his body. The men pulled Jamie's body away from the now blood-soaked Phenom and began to strip the corpse. Before the boss could even begin to prepare to kneecap Phenom, though, the young man stood up. Blood caked his face, his own mixing with Jamie's. Tears crept their ways down his cheeks as he stood high over his comrade's assassin. A crimson aura began to surround him as he breathed deeply.

He turned his gaze to Jamie's killer, bloodshot and rage-filled.

BGM: Tool - Parabola (4:03 - 6:26)

"Leave.... Her..... ALONE!" Phenom cried, his temper exploding. Before the boss could even blink, Phenom's right hand was gripping his head tightly. The two vanished and reappeared before the men who were about to desecrate Jamie's corpse, her killer now a simple mangle of flesh and bone. Sand appeared to mix with his blood, but it was too dark for anyone to tell, and there was no time for anyone to find out. They scattered in panic.

Phenom threw his current victim at the legs of the first man to his right and, for lack of a better term, warped to the man. The mangle of flesh knocked him off his feet, and Phenom drove his fist into the airborne terrorist with such force that his hand bore clean through the victim's abdomen. Phenom glanced at his now bloodsoaked arm with disgust and unsheathed his knife. He warped over to his next victim, stopping dead before the man. He fell over in utter terror. Phenom simply smiled menacingly, grabbing the man by the collar and hoisting him into the air. He emphasized the knife heavily before stabbing it into the mans gut and effortlessly carving his abdomen open. As the flesh and entrails fell to the ground, Phenom threw the man off to his side.

The rest of the men surrounding the area began opening fire on Phenom, the surviving two from the group being unintentionally mower down in the cross fire. Phenom began to run to his side, approaching their flank. As the hail of bullets collided with the ground beneath his feet, it kicked up a sizable cloud of dust, preventing them from even beginning to track his movements. He appeared suddenly above one of the riflemen, driving his knife deep into his skull. He yanked it out and slashed another one's throat. Grabbing his next victim by the legs, Phenom charged through the crowd swinging the man like a bat. His pleas for mercy were quickly silenced as the first impact obliterated his skull and ruptured the internal organs of the first soul unlucky enough to be in the MeatBat's path. 20 men dropped in a matter of a few seconds, and Phenom was just getting started.

He drew his guns from the back of his waist, firing wildly into the crowd. Those in his sights were riddled with rounds, taking chunk after chunk of flesh out of the bodies. When he ran out of ammo, he merely whipped the guns at two of the shooters trying to flee. Their skulls caved immediately. Phenom continued to glide through the oceans of shooters, cutting, slashing, stabbing, and gutting his way through in a crescendo of blood.

When there were finally no more bodies to slay, Phenom's crimson aura of bloodlust dissipated, and he sadly approached Jamie's corpse. He held her close to him, ignoring the immense pain in his chest. He ran his hand through her bloodsoaked hair and spoke softly.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered.

Moments later he succumbed to the pain. It felt like his heart would explode at any moment. He collapsed to the ground and blacked out once more.

Hyperspace | Space Station "Heaven" - Phenom's Quarters
                              5 a.m. Station Time
                              BGM: Clannad OST | "Town, The Flow of Time, People" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_IXBBgDJM

Phenom woke in a cold sweat, screaming at the top of his lungs. The door to his room flung open and a manic Lachesis ran in dressed in no more than her shorts from before and a tank top as opposed to the sweater from earlier.

"Phenom! I heard you screaming! What's wrong?!" she begged to know

Phenom placed his hands upon his face and applied pressure, trying to regain his composure. He took his hands from his face and simply stared through the dim light provided by his clock.

"I.... had a nightmare... about that day..." Phenom responded, traces of tears still on his face.

"Phen...." Lachesis said softly. She knew exactly what day he was referring to. She walked over to his bed and sat down on it, grabbing his hand. "It's okay... that's not going to happen again. I promise..." she said, softly. She brought her legs up onto the bed and covered herself with Phenom's sheets.

"I'll stay with you tonight, Phen. Just like when we were kids... Is that okay?"

Phenom was slightly taken aback by Lachesis's assertiveness, but he was not about to turn down the offer. He forced a small smile on his face and responded shortly. "Yeah... Thanks Lacey."

Lachesis huddled up against Phenom and the two drifted back off to sleep.
                              Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-07-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

The Palace

"Noted and appreciated.", John calmly said as they continued on towards their goal.

After a few minutes of walking, the group had finally reached the door to the council chamber, but unfortunately, it appeared to be sealed with some kind of energy-based lock, one that seemed to be drained and needed power to operate.

Nevaaras

After a couple of seconds, a flash of particles began to take shape within Ethan's open hands and seconds later, a black towel too the particles' place.

"Okay, here you go. Just be sure to return it later.", Ethan said to Miranda as he handed her the towel.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X