X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven"

"While I understand the hidden face behind the mask, there is still the fact that others can't get over it" Runa spoke "Think about it, since we got here, everyone treated him like a superior, which would be normal since this place works in a military culture, but there is something else" she pointed to the main tower.

"You mentioned that the biggest heads of this station as Lords, not generals or admirals. So there is a symptom of a more religious way of seeing things, which bring us to the subject of faith" The redhead took a breath and continued "This place has the vibe of an utopia, everyone looks too happy and follows orders like a cult so lets say that subject X becomes too big as a public view, the people will follow him or her without a doubt, but things can go out of reach if the people get too fanatic and chaos can start"
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Holodome
      BGM: AC/DC - Thunderstruck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoXxnlCUqk

Phenom simply watched as Bardock approached him, creating a number of different plans depending on how Bardock attacked.

Keegan placed his chin in his hand as he pondered Runa's words. "You're not wrong, most people treat him like a superior. That's mostly because he's a Major. The term Lord was actually given to our leaders after an Operative on the ground heard a practitioner of Christianity refer to our Organization as 'The Lord.' GaHDD was actually what inspired most religions on Earth. If I recall, the founders of this organization where technopathic as well. How they developed a floating fortress in the sky several millenia before mankind achieved flight, I will never know." Keegan began reciting GaHDD's history whilst playing with the monument model in his hands.

"As for our Cult-like appearance, I can see why it'd appear that way. We all do nothing but work. Unfortunately, that's a new development, due to the lack of hands on the station. Before we came here, we actually took the fate of Earth as our responsibility. Protecting it from destruction and whatnot. Unfortunately, due to our creed, we could not intervene in lesser-scale forms of destruction such as environmental damage. We left it up to the people of Earth to solve those issues for themselves. Our predecessors deemed it unnecessary for us to meddle in the affairs of Earth unless it or its inhabitants needed protection on a grand scale. Perhaps you're familiar with Adolf Hitler? His death was during a time when most of our Legionnaires were fighting the Axis under the guise of Allied soldiers. His killer was not suicide, but rather one of our own operatives. Mmmm...Marcus Temple, I believe his name was. Then there was the Morkt Crisis, which will address why everyone you see respects Phenom so heavily..." Keegan reconfigured the model to display the visage of a deranged, mad scientist.

"This is Morkt. He was absolutely insane. He desired one of our projects, as he thought gaining it would allow him to bring back his deceased wife as well as purge the world of the evil that had caused her death. He even managed to get a hold of it at one point. When he realized he couldn't use it, he decided to destroy the planet," The model displayed a small, innocent looking notebook, "That project is called the Figmentum Absentia. With this notebook, we transcended reality. We created the power of a god. This object was able to twist and bend the laws of matter, physics, time and space to its will... or rather, the will of whomever wrote in it, as long as the Organization had programmed their identity into the note. It was our greatest advancement, and our worst mistake. You see... We didn't realize it at the time, but there was a mental illness going around before the Morkt Crisis that hadn't infected enough individuals to catch our attention. We call it Morkt Syndrome, as he was the first one to harness this madness without becoming self-destructive.

"The symptoms of Morkt Syndrom included sudden loss of the ability to think rationally, mania, and so on. When the Morkt crisis reached its apex, Phenom and his Charge, Alaina, single handedly broke through Morkt's previously-thought impenetrable Fortress and put an end to Morkt's plans to end the world. This earned Phenom two nick-names. 'Angel of Salvation' and 'Miracle Maker.' People generally respect his word simply by what he's done."
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

The Expense | Hallman's Office

The mysterious box became even more so when the girl's master had explained it. A wooden box that even her masters most advanced weaponry couldn't cut open. Lycoris while not very familiar with wood herself, but she knew it was highly flammable. It was hard for her to imagine anyone using a plasma laser in her master's office and even more so to imagine that it wouldn't have been able to remove or open the box that sat before her. It seemed impossible that such a thing could be true. She almost didn't believe it. But why would her master have called her here if it wasn't' the truth? It was already obvious that her master brought her here. With Astraea gone that left Lycoris as the strongest creature on the ship. And with her genetic build up , even if she couldn't move it at first eventually her body would adapt itself so it would be possible right?

Lycoris felt sure that she could take care of this little problem without her combat suit. To her surprise her master had actually offered her a very special reward if she managed to successfully open the box for him. Upon hearing this the cat girl's ears immediately perked up, forming two small triangles above her head that pointed to the heavens. She through the book she had been holding in her tail onto he master's desk where it wouldn't be in the way. It landed neatly next to the papers he had been working on earlier that day. Lycoris cracked her knuckle and popped her neck from side to side. Obviously accepting the challenge her master had posed to her. Lycoris had just finished her training not that long ago so her abilities were still enhanced from her last work out, making her stronger and faster than she would have normally been been.

She grabbed hold of the door and pulled with all her might, but to no avail. The blue box refused to open for her. She pulled and pulled, grunting as she tried, but even with all of her strength she was unable to so much as budge the blue door. She hadn' given up yet however. She had never gotten a gift from her master before and she wasn't about to let her special surprise go without a fight. "Um, sir you might want to take refuge." she explained to her master as she prepared for her next assault. She gave her boss a moment to get out of harms way before taking a crouching stance and focusing on the wooden blue box before her. She started off slow, using an open hand to strike at the door of the blue box. It made a loud clashing sound but that was all. Her first strike was then followed by a second which came from her other hand. one by one, left to right she struck the box repeatedly, her strike growing in speed and force as she continued. within seconds Lycoris was striking at the box at a speed which her boss couldn't keep up with. Her arms were a blur of grey and black and the faster she went the more arms it looked like she had. The attacks got stronger and stronger but still they made no dent in the wooden blue box. the sound coming from the girls onslaught was loud like multiple fully automatic firearms going off at once.

While impressive her attack seemed to have no effect whatsoever on the blue box. But that didn't stop Lycoris from trying. Her speed and power continued to grow with every strike. She keep the attack up for about 50 seconds or so as she slowly built up her power and speed to match that of Astraea. Lycoris ended her assault by thrusting both of her palms into the door of the blue box with a force that sounded as though it had been struck by lightning. The cat girl then seemingly vanished from her masters eyes. She moved at such a speed that his human eyes could only see a few vague after images around his office as he watched. Lycoris sprinted around the small area, jumping from wall to wall and even going off of the ceiling a few times to gain momentum. Once she reached her max speed she jumped onto the wall parallel from the blue box. With one last bit of effort she jumped from the wall with all her might. gliding across the room at a speed of over 1000 mph. She did a forward flip and with both legs delivered a drop kick with more force than the atomic bomb.

The sound of the impact roared loudly through the entire ship like a massive explosion. And yet even with all the force she could muster. The blue box in her master's office didn't' so much as budge. Lycoris thought for sure she was overdoing it with her last attack, but she was absolutely stunned by the sheer resilience of a box that appeared to be made out of normal wood. She landed on her feet next to the blue box and took a moment to catch her breath. panting and wheezing the cat girl's ears sloped back down on her head in disappointment. "n-no way" she said between heavy breaths. "It's like trying to move a planet."

Comment

Both women paid attention to what the angel spoke, and even though there were questions around to ask, one brought the bioroidīs attention "That notebook you spoke about.. how does such thing works? and even more interesting are two things, why was it a mistake and how did you people didnīt think that something so powerful would fall in the wrong hands? That is the first thing you have to know about massive power things, to keep it only for trusted people, or better yet, destroy it before a cataclysms occurs like in Terraīs case." she spoke obviously interested in the device.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Well, as well as being Peacekeepers... we're scientists. And as a secret society, too few people knew about our existence for us to really worry about anyone infiltrating our organization, among other reasons that I can't disclose. It's got to do with one of the Lords, though. But the problem is... the head of our R&D Department, the man who conceived The Notebook, Contracted Morkt Syndrome. There's no way for anyone to gauge when it will be contracted. It's immediate with no telltale signs before symptoms occur. He stole the notebook and brought it down to Earth. It was then that he destroyed the planet, killing everyone that wasn't on the station at the time." It was then that the Lords realized that omnipotence was something that we should never tamper with, so we halted the Figmentum Absentia project permanently. All other Figmentum Absentias that exist are held onboard this station, and lack the sheer power of The Notebook. Anyway, back to the issue of our leaving this system. Do you want to stay in this system, or will you accompany us to our next destination?"

Comment

"It depends on what you people will do, we got to deal with a crazy hive minded civilization, which Iīm sure Phenom will have reported to those lords of yours, but" Runa lifted her index finger "We have another way to approach those creatures without using violence unless there is no choice" she smiled and let the bioroid talk. Bryn then looked at the stationīs "roof" and spoke "Every civilization, either sub or pro-developed have a way of thinking, it is extremely rare to find creatures whose only purpose in life is for destruction and conquering others, so we want to communicate with these creatures or at least know better what we are dealing with. If they show total hostility towards us, we will have to resort with the same coin, but before using the nuclear option, we want to try a peaceful way to stop a possible invasion through the whole galaxy"

Bryn didnīt want to reveal what she saw on her own universe since those creatures destroyed everything on their path, they were part of the reason for why she was here to stop the destruction of countless civilizations, she was prepared to face them whether they could be talked or fought for survival.

Spoiler:

Comment

At the moment Hallman mentioned a special prize for Lycoris if she could open the box, Hallman was met with Lycoris unleashing a long barrage of strikes on the blue police box. Over time her attacks became harder to track, and seeing this he was at least happy that her enhancements are still working perfectly. However he was also getting even more irritated as he saw the box withstand very little damage, though he was somewhat expecting nothing to happen as not even plasma tools were capable of cutting into the thing.

Then suddenly Lycoris dashed from one end of the room and towards the box, delivering one powerful kick that shook the box, the entire room, and caused Hallman to fall flat on his ass. However there still wasn't much damage to the box at all. Something that angered him even more, and he was about to yell at Lycoris. Thankfully he caught himself before doing so and just sighed.

"Dammit... Well I should have figured you wouldn't have been able to so much as scratch it. Anyways I promised you a special prize if you could open it. Unfortunately you were not able to open it. Instead you did show that the enhancements and training is paying off pretty well. So you do deserve something in exchange..." Hallman responded as he turned to face his desk and began speaking into his communicator.

"Hey can the guys down in the kitchen bring two meals? One seafood platter, and one steak dinner. Make sure the steak is Well Done. I swear if I see any pink in my steak and I'll have the chef blasted out the air-lock." Gabe spoke as a quick "Yes Sir" could be heard through the small speaker on his wrist-communicator.

As Bardock flew towards Phenom, Bardock came up with a quick plan that he immediately put into action. Within a few seconds Bardock began firing energy blasts in Phenom's direction, but not directly at the guy. Instead he fired him so that the blasts would create a major smokescreen of dust and debris to cloak the area for a possible surprised attack. The moment the blasts came into contact with the ground a large cloud was formed, and Bardock immediately flew up into the air and began charging an energy blast aimed right at the center of the large smokescreen. Then after a minute he fired the blast into the center of the smokescreen. Hoping that his opponent would have not thought of a proper plan of action against Bardock's smokescreen tactic.

Comment

Little Lycoris rested there on the floor for a moment, baffled at how resilient the blue box had been. Lycoris looked over and saw her master picking himself up off the floor. The way he gestured showed he was going to yell at her, either for failing or for knocking him down by accident. Lycoris winced, bracing herself for his anger but despite how rotten of a mood he must of been in, he stopped himself from yelling. She took a quick sigh of relief and sat herself up next to the mysterious blue box.

Lycoris was disappointed to hear that after all her effort she wouldn't' be getting a special reward from her master. Her ears folded down on her head and she looked at her feet, but her efforts didn't go unappreciated. Her master had recognized all of her hard work and as a reward had ordered his cheifs to prepare her a sea food dinner. Lycoris always loved fish especially shrimp and a dish they called sushi. Her ears perked up again and twitched twice, she didn't know what to say. Her master had never rewarded a failure before and to have eve n gotten her favorite dish... ("Master must be starting to like me") she thought to herself. "I.. Thank you very much sir. I'll keep trying my hardest."

After exchanging those few words with her master, Lycoris retrieved her book ans again began looking through all the many pages of zoo animals. She placed her bottom on the ground next to the blue box and waited for the workers too bring a meal for her and her master. But as she gazed over the pictures for the hundredth time, something else caught her attention. Her right ear perked up and she lifted her head out of her book for a moment. She looked around the room as if expecting someone to be there, but nothing had changed. She was still alone in the room with her master but it seemed as though she was looking for something. She closed her book and placed it beside her as she propped herself up on her knees. She looked around the room a bit more, but just as she was about to give up her ear propped up once again.

She turned around and looked at the blue box once more. Her ears flickered as she stared at it for a moment. Slowly she moved closer to the box, turning her right ar up and pressing it against the wooden exterior. She sat still for several seconds, listening, waiting and wondering. And then it came. I was faint, like it was far away but she could hear it. What sounded like a living being coming from inside the box "Ah!" Lycoris didn't know what to say. She was surprised yet again by the mystery box. Why would anyone be in there? how did they get in her master's office? How were they going to get them out? While all these thoughts were racing through the girl's mind , the familiar voice one of the waitresses could be heard from just outside the office. *knock knock knock* "Mr Hallman. The food you requested is here.

Comment

As Bardock fired his Ki blasts into the ground, Phenom immediately hopped backwards, out of the smokescreen. anticipating some sort of surprise attack. It was similar to his earlier strategy, so he immediately glanced behind him. Realizing that Bardock was not behind him, he scanned the area, unaware of Bardock's being in the sky. It wasn't unil Bardock's next attack pummeled the ground below that he realized he was skybound.

I can't just throw myself up there at him. I won't have anything to move off of if he catches me... Phenom thought as he planned what to do next. When the smoke cleared and Phenom could clearly see Bardock, he retrieved his knife and threw it up at at him, a few centimeters off of Bardock's right shoulder once more, before vanishing from sight.

"Well, I must stress that we ARE Peacekeepers, but all of us here have taken an oath to protect as much life as possible, so if protecting those lives means fighting these... things, that Phenom noted in his report... so be it." Keegan said, "That doesn't mean we will default to violence. That's reserved for if our hands are forced."

Comment

"Well then, letīs see how things go with bureaucrats and depending on the situation, we might stick around" Bryn spoke and looked at the general location of the hangars "I still got to make some tests with the information I got from the shrine back in Alcyon, I got a tiny piece of black matter, it is quite difficult to get a handful of that element and that place got it in abundance"

Spoiler:

Comment

As Bardock's blast hit the ground a large explosion ensued, creating more smoke and dust. Bardock couldn't really tell if his attack was successful, but after a few seconds as the smoke was clearing Phenom's knife came flying right at him and over his right shoulder from an unexpected angle.
                        Then and there Bardock began looking for the location of where the knife came from, but saw no one there at all.

"Oh goddammit! Where the hell did he go!?" Bardock yelled as he began searching the area.

Comment

Despite Bardock not reacting how he had planned, Phenom couldn't just go at him from the front. Beyond that, he couldn't just waste his time running around, wasting his energy either. He opted for his last plan of attack, hoping the repetition might catch Bardock off guard. He leaped into the air, aiming his body behind Bardock. Regrettably, however, the distance was farther than Phenom had calculated, and his ascent began to slow dramatically.

Just a little farther... Phenom begged his body, Just float a little farther!

The force of gravity wasn't having it though, and Phenom continued to slow. While he was out of Bardock's line of sight, he knew Bardock could feel his speed, and expected the Saiyan to react accordingly. He clenched his hands together and began to bring them down as he came to a stop behind Bardock. Whether his gamble would pay off or not was entirely up to Bardock's reaction time.

Keegan lifted some of the left over parts on the floor into the air and floated them in front of him. As he spoke, the parts began to recombine themselves into a small remote with a single button in the middle. "Well, I suppose I shouldn't keep you. Be careful with the stuff, though. Who knows what it could do?"

He looked to Runa, "And I assume, mein fraulein, that you will join her? Take this remote, then. As I'm sure you've heard, I'm a technopath. I don't think I need to explain what that is to you, but everyone tells me I'm a brilliant mechanic. If you ever need anything, press this button. It will send a signal to my terminal. This thing..." He said, bringing up his Hard Light display for a moment. "And it will tell me exactly where to go, as long as you're on Heaven."

Comment

"We still got time to go around" Runa spoke taking the remote and received a nod from the bioroid "Besides, maybe we can share information regarding the time gap because what this one has" she pointed at Bryn "Is about the dramatic 20-22 centuries"

"She is right, I'm amazed at how some objects I got are from many centuries before those years too, novels, art, you name it" Bryn spoke remembering some of what her traders thought as junk but was rather in fact relics of Earth

Spoiler:

Comment

As Bardock was scanning the area for Phenom, he saw no trace of the guy... however he could feel a slight gust of wind due to Phenom coming to a stop from such speeds from behind him. Almost instantly Bardock turned and came face to face with Phenom, and without a second thought the Saiyan warrior reacted by grabbing Phenom by the legs. At that very moment Bardock smirked as he started spinning in place around while holding tightly onto Phenom's leg. Then after reaching a reasonable spin speed Bardock then threw Phenom.
                              Last edited by SUSTIC; 06-06-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Phenom's eyes widened when Bardock grabbed him by the legs. He was prepared to simply be thrown over his head, but instead, Bardock began swinging him around by his leg.

This can't end well... Phenom thought.

When Bardock finally let go, Phenom went careening through the air, slamming into the ground at high speed. The impact created a small crater in the ground, creating a large smoke cloud. It wasn't enough to incapacitate Phenom, but it helped him gauge just how much damage Bardock could do to him. He stood up and began to dust himself off.

"Bardock, I believe with the knowledge we have about each other, a spar would end in a stalemate. You would simply fly, and I would dominate the ground. Why not call this a draw?"

Keegan simply shrugged, "There's not much that you could give us that we don't already have archived. And I've just heard that our last three hands that were deployed to... Alcyon you called it?... they've returned to the station, so we'll be leaving in three hours."

Comment

Working...
                                X