X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oceans of Cali

Lynchwood guided the soldiers to the mess hall, which albeit a bit cramped, it had whatever they needed for supplies and the medical bay was at one side "Feel free to relax, if you need to speak with someone outside this vessel, you can use our communications room." she commented while sitting on one of the chairs, unloading her guns and started cleaning her revolver with a rag.

Meanwhile, Samantha managed to take a breath as she looked at her fellow IP "It has been a while, isn't it?" she asked with a faint smile "The times in the laboratories were blurry, but I still remember some of our brothers and sisters."
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sacramento

The back door closed, and the windows tinted, preventing others from seeing inside as they began to drive.

"I'll explain in a little more detail, since your... friend seems confused." the machine began.

"My name is Soane , and I work for an organization interested in the subjects of the so-called Infinite Project. More specifically, the leader of said organization is." they continued, as police cars passed them, heading back towards the impound lot they were at a few moments ago.

"I was requested to retrieve you and offer you a position within the organization. We specialize in capture, containment, and occasional removal of unknown lifeforms. We are referred to internally as CULL." the machine paused for a moment, seemingly focusing on something else while Koi was simply sitting quietly as they absorbed the information.

"Do you's know why they're interested?" Koi asked.

"They find potential in you and your former colleagues. It has been difficult to track you down, however. I personally believe you would find a good fit within. Many of our operations do not involve lethal means, unless the subjects or creatures would harm others without intervention. We prefer capture, as it allows us to learn more. We can offer you protection from the government as well as a home, access to our extensive databases, and whatever kind of food or drink you would desire. All that we would ask is your assistance on occasion." Soane explained.

"Noes operations against human targets?" Koi asked.

"Negative, ma'am. We've never had engagements against those, but we are trained and equipped to handle such if it came down to it." Soane replied casually.

"Such as yourself?" Kois head tilted slightly.

"Partially. My main job is to take down and incapacitate targets faster than a standard soldier can keep up with. They call us Hunters, though I can change to other bodies if need be." the machine explained. "Any further questions?"
      Last edited by Koishi; 02-17-2018, 05:18 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Oceans of Cali

As 013 left with Samantha, his men meanwhile were doing as ordered and began to relax a bit. However they were still on alert in case they were needed for anything. Either way they were at least pleased to be on a seemingly safe vessel for the time being. Though they can't be guaranteed that they're in the clear now, this place is definitely better than nothing after such a failure of a mission.

On the other hand their commander still seemed to be a bit on edge as he turned to Samantha and spoke as he followed her. "Yes, it has been quite some time. Though to be honest it still sometimes feels like it was just last week since we first started to rebel." 013 spoke as he crossed his arms. "I see that you've found yourself with a decent group since those times."

Sacramento

The Green Man jumped a little when the car door closed behind him once he hopped into the backseat. The whole situation was a bit uneasy for him, especially once he began to overhear what Koi and the machine man began to talk about. Namely what caught his attention was when said organization they're talking about deals with capturing 'unknown lifeforms'. "Sorry to interrupt... ,but you don't suppose I'd count as one of them... unknown lifeforms...?" The green man replied as he began to fidget around in his seat a little.

Comment

Oceans of Cali

Samantha nodded at his words "They have their own reasons for looking for the higher ups in the Infinite project, you just need to look at the right places." she placed a hand on the handle of the railway, tail moving in a relaxed pace "Then again, having too many people together would attract attention, so for the moment, there are only four on this group, you already met Lynchwood and Edward, our other companion is in the base by Mexico's beaches in Baja California." she explained.

34 could see the alert state on her fellow experiment "You got questions, you can ask."
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sacramento

Soane turned for a moment, focusing on the gaseous man before turning back to the wheel.

"You are an enigma of sorts, that is true. Very few of the creatures we have dealt with are intelligent enough to communicate, however. Those have different protocols and we often take their views or well being into consideration before assessing anything, unless subject is openly hostile and violent. We would be interested in running a few tests, I will admit that much. Only with your permission, and nothing would be harmful. You would be free to leave afterwards and we could provide transportation to your abode, if you possess such." the machine replied as they began to reach the outer portions of the city.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

"Goodnight, Alex.", Jennifer said to Alex as he left. It had been a rather long day, but it seemed all had turned out well in the end.

As Jason looked through the files, he quickly scanned each one with his HUD and recorded it for later. It took very little time for Jason to run through the folder, and once he was done, he laid the folder onto the table and looked to the two remaining people in the room, almost as if expecting them to do the same and head to bed.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab of funk

Misaka stretched out her arms high above her head, letting out a somewhat girly yawn. She turned to face Jenny and with an obviously tired voice said. "Yeah I'll probably go too." Misaka held out her hand and lightly grabbed on to one of Jenny's arms, whichever was closest to her at the time, beckoning her to come to bed with her. She'd never admit it, but Misaka hated the idea of sleeping alone in this place, no matter how familiar and comfortable it had become.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jennifer was a bit tired too and looked down to Misaka with a smile before speaking.

"Yea, I guess it's about that time. Let's head to bed.", Jenny said. After a moment though, Jenny looked over at Jason. "You know, if you need a place to sleep, there's a bed out in the auxiliary quarters by the entrance.", she said to Jason. It wasn't sheepishly said, but more like just friendly advice for the soldier.

Jason stayed quiet for the time being, simply giving a small nod at Jenny.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Misaka didn't seem to have much else to say. She held on to Jenny's hand as they were heading to bed. Meanwhile Shiroji finally got up as well, taking out some sort of keychain, presumably to lock up the labs once they were all outside. "Alright then. If you're finished I need to lock up." he said, trying to alert Jason to the situation. He didn't seem to be in too much of a rush, but he was obviously tired and wanted to get some rest.

All the while, Stalker who had been watching this wole time had left the lab room, but was keeping a constant eye on Jason.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

With that, Jenny had walked out with Misaka on her arm. After exiting the room and rounding the corner down the way to the double doors, she looked down at Misaka and gave a light sigh.

"So, what do you make of our new guest?", Jennifer asked. Jenny had her own views on Jason, but she wanted to get the opinions of other people, see what they thought of this recent turn of events. Personally, she had little reason not to trust Jason, but this whole situation itself was rather perplexing.

Meanwhile, Jason looked over to Shiroji and gave a small nod. "Is there another area I could access a terminal?", Jason asked in a still somewhat neutral tone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Hearing that Jason still needed access to the internet. Shrioji quickly turned around, showing his back to Jason while he seemed to be searching for something. He knelt down to grab something before finally standing up again. Only now he was holding laptop computer. It wans't anything fancy, it looked like one of thoses cheep work laptops they gave you in high-school "Will this do?" he asked as he held up the small computer.

Project Esper | En rout to Bedrooms

Meanwhile as Misaka and Jenny made their way back to their quarters, Jenny had asked Misaka a simple, yet complicated question. She wasn't quite sure what to make of Jason if she were honest, and the haziness of her mind didn't help out much either. "To tell you the truth I don't know what to make of him. He seems nice and all. I think we just got off on the wrong foot." she answered as honestly as one could

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

"That'll work.", Jason said as he held out a hand for the laptop. It didn't matter what the computer was like, as long as it had a decent internet connection, he was satisfied.

"Yea, I think you're right. It seems more like he just wants to go home. From what I've gathered, he doesn't seem to trust anyone though.", Jenny said as she placed a hand on the reinforced door scanner.
                          sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji handed off the laptop and made his ay over to the door. He stopped by the light switch, probably assuming Jason's eyes were no better at seeing in the dark than his own. It's not like he knew what augmentations he had. If Jason were to step outside, he woudl have seen the same hallway as before, likely with Jenny and Misaka still visible on the other side. To his left and right were rows of bunk beds, some with little storage areas where one could keep clothes and other belongings. There were curtains over each small room that could be used for privacy.

A bit farther down the hall was a rec room with a coffee maker, snack and drink dispensers. These were different form the ones commonly seen in public as they didn't seem to require any money. After all you wouldn't expect a parent to make their child pay for snacks at a machine like this.

When Jenny pressed her hand to the scanner, the set of double doors opened wider than Jenny's legs at an all you can fuck buffet. "Maybe." Misaka finally answered. "At least no one got hurt... Okay people got hurt but no one died." she quickly corrected herself after recalling the events that had taken place earlier in the day.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason followed Shiroji out and waited beside him as he locked it, now looking over at the beds in the hall. It seemed that they were relatively sturdy, but he wasn't going to risk bunking on top tonight.

Meanwhile, Jenny and Misaka walked through the reinforced doors and into the Esper section of the bunker.

"True... I just can't shake something though. Jason was one of the few things I've seen that's made Alex break a sweat, much less provide any challenge. We've fought soldiers from programs designed to kill psychics, but this might be the closest they've gotten to succeeding. Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can get information on some of the government's recent activities. If this is some kind of new trend, I want us to be ahead of the curve and nip it in the bud, rather than behind it.", Jenny said. This time, she seemed a little more serious, not enough to try and scare Misaka, but she did think it was a rather important detail to consider.
                              sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Hallways

After turning off the lights and locking the doors, Shiroji put away the keys in his pocket and started heading off to his own little room. However he seemed to be headed in the opposite direction of all the others towards his privet bedroom. Once this much was done, Even Stalker finally left Jason alone. Before long he would have made his way past the large doors that blocked had been recently opened.

Misaka's first reaction was for her heart rate to suddenly jump up a tad, but when she took a moment to think about everything that had happened, she she opened her mouth to speak her mind, only to get cut off by stalker who had finally caught up with them. "At least the government still hasn't found a way to keep their lab rats loyal." he somewhat crudely joked as he stepped a bit closer, making himself visible as he did so.

"Right." Misaka answered. "At any rate I guess it's not too bad. Sure it'll be nice to stay one step ahead of them, but he seemed pretty vulnerable to our powers. Maybe his augments were just a really good check for Alex you know?" Misaka asked, being somewhat optimistic about the whole situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X