X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You weren't thinking about that, did you? :P
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Was I thinking about that?
      O' PERISH THE THOUGHT~!

to IMPLY that I would even CONSIDER such a thing!

That I, a man of STANDARDS...
      Would fall to such...such...

........ok my imagination has failed me and I can't go on with the joke x.x;

Comment

Yo, wondering if you got my PM.

In other news, I was wondering how fleet warfare is conducted in this RP- are weapons primarily laser-based, are missiles used extensively and can engagements take place in BSDR environments?. How much firepower and shielding does an average vessel hold, and how many vessels are in an average fleet?

EDIT:
        Just so the Operator doesn't remain faceless, here's a 5min sketch of her without her suit on.

Last edited by MyHatismyFriend; 11-15-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

@hat

Oh crap, my response didnt go through x.x ok ill recreate that...

Anyway, alot of the details you seek are in the bottom of more details in the OP
          I think I posted the fleet sizes of Delta and compared the others.
          Each Strike Fighter Division has 200 ships about.
          The flagship of any fleet is a Iupiter class (which is as long as Earth's diameter)
          The armament is heavy for most cruisers. The entire fleet of Delta has a total of 1.35 trillion heavy cannons (mix of regular Aura based and missiles.)

The rest should be in the OP.

Also there is only 8 Iupiter class cruisers in the galaxy (and this shall remain true as a single Iupiter can shift the tide of war.

Comment

Hey Cucoo, maybe you should reply in the IC. Just a tip.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Im going to do so tomorrow.
              I should pester Neo about updating as well...

Comment

I just noticed that parallels can be drawn between John and The Operator, as well as their AIs.

Yes, I'm so bored, I'm drawing parallels between various characters. (I'll get over it. )
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Damn, that's a lot of firepower. I may have to go to plan B for maintaining the Corporation's combat capabilities. There's nothing on the range of the Cruiser's weaponry, however. Assuming that the weapons are laser-based because Aurora Energy, are we talking unlimited range with dissipating power over time, or a more unrealistic limited range approach?

Also I don't think your PMs are getting through.

Comment

@hat

just a suggestion. Combat capabilities does not have to be fire power, for example, Nhiome's fleet is all based on being fast enough to escape or avoid being hit while shooting at the opponent.
                    How many times can you die a day~?
                    How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Of course. I had originally thought of fleets which were around 50-100 ships in size. The Corporation doesn't like to draw attention to itself, which means most of their vessels were built in secret and lack most qualities desired of a standard military vessel. They utilise different tactics and possess superior technology, though, to give a hint of what their main battle tactics would be.

Comment

Ok I'm back from home and I'm gonna go on an update rampage.

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post
                        Damn, that's a lot of firepower. I may have to go to plan B for maintaining the Corporation's combat capabilities. There's nothing on the range of the Cruiser's weaponry, however. Assuming that the weapons are laser-based because Aurora Energy, are we talking unlimited range with dissipating power over time, or a more unrealistic limited range approach?

Also I don't think your PMs are getting through.
                        I'm just now getting to re-sending the one PM.
                        Also I refer to the Cruiser Cannons as being giant freakin' lazors and the Gatling Guns are pulses.
                        The Cannons will dissipate with distance and time so its not unlimited by any means. There is a specific range (and I have to decide on that here with considerations of the size of the ships and the fleets.)
                        And for the specifics on what they have, assume they favor a 50/50 split on Aura Cannons and Gatling Guns. Missiles are more of a rarity for Cruisers (which favor sustainable firepower)

Originally posted by bookdragon2000 View Post
                        @hat

just a suggestion. Combat capabilities does not have to be fire power, for example, Nhiome's fleet is all based on being fast enough to escape or avoid being hit while shooting at the opponent.
                        The Maverick Pilots that favor speed actually have a saying where its along the lines of: "You can't kill what you can't hit."

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post
                        Of course. I had originally thought of fleets which were around 50-100 ships in size. The Corporation doesn't like to draw attention to itself, which means most of their vessels were built in secret and lack most qualities desired of a standard military vessel. They utilise different tactics and possess superior technology, though, to give a hint of what their main battle tactics would be.
                        Superior is a relative term here when it comes to technology . The main factions have, under lock and key, Vatian Labs which develop their entire technology base. Any sort of security breach on them leads to entire power shifts. The Iupiter Class Battle Cruiser was developed in these labs. Now the secrets of designs of them have been destroyed so that more cannot be created.

The reason I keep only referencing the Iupiter Class is because its the main game changing ship. I deliberately went overboard with the Iupiter Class and the overall concept of the War of Eternity just to really emphasize the fact that "This is beyond a normal war. This is no longer something that can just be won. No single person can decide this war. It will take entire planets of people in order to change the fate of the Galaxy. No single group, No single government, No single entity..."

I've been hinting at this already in the story where, with the Guardians and the NGO's 2 and 3 Iupiter class cruisers, that they can easily trump the Venturian Council's dogs (The Strike Fighters) if they combine their forces (only because they would have 2 more Iupiter Class Cruisers than the combined forces of the 3 divisions of Strike Fighters.)

The Guardians, ever since their return, are an unknown player in the game of War. They are the wild card. They can side with either of the other factions and turn the tide of the war.

The Tactics of the Corporations, I would say they would want the Apollo, Kappa, and Vulcan class cruisers to keep a low profile but able to hit hard if need be (Apollo and Kappa are the 'Destroyers' of the cruisers. Smaller, but more heavily armed but can't hold a lot of fighters.)

Comment

If you're sending me PMs, it isn't working dude.

Also, the Operator is sorta kinda invisible, so I'm taking it that this dude possesses some form of detector or something.

Comment

@ Hat

I haven't sent it yet, it was a long thing I had ^^l

Also the guy is Cicero (Me) aka a Life Hacker aka The one that defies the 4th wall. I only use him to stir up the plot so it gets moving properly. Call him a sort of kick starter sort of character that I remove after things get flowing.

Comment

Ah okay. Just wondering because you said you were typing it up.

Talking about the Corporation's fleet characteristics, their restrictions make it hard to produce anything over an Apollo class. They currently operate sixteen Apollo-classes and several hundred of the other smaller vessels spread out amongst the galaxy. All ships have been produced with stealth in mind- extremely difficult to detect and usually don't hang around for long. I'm not going to go into battle tactics as of yet, but the Corporation places strong emphasis on indirect and logistical support.

Comment

@Cucoo

When Aion Mentioned "Chief", does that mean that John is with Aion and Joe in the simulation?
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X