Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sol Inceneron
    Inopia - Underground Temple

"well since you don't need it..." Nhiome sat in the pilot chair and fired the projectile gun, shooting off a grappling hook that latched onto the ceiling, he then maneuvered KuroiKaze into position right before the drop. Then KuroiKaze lurched forward and slid down the slope, the heavy forward dragging it down. Nhiome activated the shields under the ship and watched as the bottom approached.

5 meters from collision, he activated the brakes on the rope that was attached to the grappling hook, KuroiKaze jerked to a stop and his plan seemed to work for a moment. Than the rope snapped from the tension and the ship crashed down and slid to the bottom. When KuroiKaze slid to a stop, Nhiome picked himself up from his position of being sprawled over the controls due to him being thrown forward when the rope snapped.

"Ah well, it didn't go exactly as planned, but at least we are at the bottom now."
    How many times can you die a day~?
    How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Sol Inceneron

"Ha! See? Not that bad!" Dalia playfully punched Nhiome in the shoulder. "Now just need to wedge her in the caverns overlooking the lava falls ahead."

Helios System
      Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

"For the most part, yes. I'll stick around with you to make sure everything is ok." Kiara said smiling.

Joe looked over to John. "So...you flew with Arrow in that training mission aye? Tell me, how did it happen? How did Arrow get clipped? How did Revere do it?"
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-25-2013, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Helios System

John looked over to Joe with slight indifference, but calmly explained what happened, as if it was nothing unusual.

"While we were flying to the mission objective, Revere attacked and killed half the squadron in a split second. Aion and I confronted him, and I was going to slam into him with my fighter in Armorlock and destroy his ship, but Aion got in my way, due to him not knowing that Armorlock creates an indestructible energy shield. If Revere slammed into me, there would have been a good chance that his fighter would have either bounced off, or been flattened by the impact.", John said to Joe, sounding ever so slightly annoyed as he mentioned Aion getting in the way.

John was still somewhat agitated that Aion ruined his plan, but he knew he couldn't be too angry that he got in the way. He couldn't have known what John was planning, or that he was safe with the Armorlock. Aion didn't even know what Armorlock was. In the end, he was trying to protect John, but it still annoyed him. John had little patience for liabilities, and that's what John considered Aion at this point.

"Revere took advantage of Aion leaving himself open and sliced his wing off with his ship's wing, and after a couple more minutes, Revere ran away.", John calmly finished, now waiting for Joe's response.

"Okay. In the meantime, I should find better clothes than a thermal blanket, or Patient clothes. Once I get better clothes, I can then transmit the data to the Archives and test out this new body.", Cortana said to Kiara and Mara.
        Last edited by S121; 10-25-2013, 07:47 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Mima rose an eyebrow at Nero's comment, but nobody really noticed.

"Well, to achieve that goal for killing humanity, and thus having her vengance, she stole my Hakurei Ying-Yang Orbs here. She would've almost done it, if it wren't for me. Afterwords, I sealed her in a hokora, and it was all fine and dandy. Well, at least until she figured out how to undo the sealing magic, breaking out several times. Actually, she helped us a few times though. Once against a human with artificial magic, and another against a god. Well, the god was actually more of Mima fighting than the rest of us, so I'll give her that one." Reimu explained.

Nova felt a slight grumble in her stomach, and clenched it a bit.

"Hm. Need to find food." Nova muttered to herself, getting up and heading out of the hangar, leaving a note behind in case anyone came snooping around.
          Last edited by Koishi; 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Helios System

"Goddess...damn that man. Arrow's been haunted and hunted by him since I met em. He's like a freakin curse..." Joe then looked up to John. "So what's your story? You show up, get into the training, and now you got your AI girl getting a new body? What's your deal? Why you here?"

Nero chuckled. "So 'evil' in name only then, hm?" He took another sip. "I guess appearances really are deceiving, or...should I say...titles?"

"Hey!" Terrisa swung down from a beam, hanging upside-down in front of Nova. "You a mechanic too?" She was smiling innocently and with bright, curious eyes.

Comment

Helios System

"I prefer the term engineer." Nova replied. "But yes, I guess you could call me a mechanic."

"Actually, it's a species name." Marisa pointed out. "After a while, the evil in an evil spirit fades away. Considering how long it is, i'd say the evil's completely out of her."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Helios System

(Fair enough, he deserves an explanation.), John thought.

"To give you a full grasp about why we ended up here, I need to start at the very beginning.", John calmly said as he readied himself for a long explanation.

"The entire thing started when Cortana and I were fighting this Forerunner named 'The Didact'. He wanted to enslave Humanity by encrypting them and turning them into his personal army with a weapon called the Composer. At the time, Cortana was suffering from Rampancy and we were not actually supposed to survive the mission. Because of the fact that my starfighter was destroyed, I had to remove a HAVOK nuclear warhead from my starfighter and manually detonate it inside the Didact's ship. I detonated the nuke, but was somehow saved By Cortana when she created a Hardlight bubble around me. The only problem was that she used up every once of her being to protect me. In the end, it killed her. After a couple of months, I learned from some scientists on the Infinity that Forerunner ships had a sort of emergency data transport in the case that the ship gets destroyed. At the very split second before I blew up the Didact's ship, the ship transmitted all of it's data and forcibly transmitted most of Cortana along with it. She couldn't detect her other parts, but the parts could detect her and saved everything that happened after the explosion. Somehow, the coding responsible for tracking and collecting data was ripped from Cortana and shipped off to a data core in a Forerunner planet. After learning this, I gathered all I needed and set out to look for the data core. It took me about a month, and I searched two planets and came up with nothing, until the third planet. After countless battles with the Prometheans, I eventually reached the data core and retrieved Cortana from it. After we were reunited, I flew off the planet and activated the ship's Slipspace Drive, but it malfunctioned and created a Slipspace anomaly, sending us 519 trillion years into the future, into your present day. The reason I needed training was so that I could gather ancient artifacts from a group of planets so that we could go back home.", John explained to Joe.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Deactivating the portals, Mara put the gun back to her backpack "So, what is the plan? anything I can help with?" she asked to both Kiara and Cortana
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sol Inceneron

Nhiome looked up at the caverns. This is going to be more problematic...Gravity will hinder me instead of help me this time, I can't even just shoot a rope up there and pull the ship up as shown by the recent developments. The Lava itself adds another complication. Seems I really need to fix up the other engine, but it would take an hour normally, if I rush it, might be able to make it just before that gang arrives.

" I can't think of anyway to get her up there other than plain old flying, so I will have to fix the other engine, this ship is just not designed for gravity. The repairs will take a while, but I think I can manage it in time..." Nhiome got up and headed to the rear of the ship where the engine was located, taking note of how tired he felt.

My ship is not the only one not suited for such strong gravity...

Comment

Helios System

"Artifacts? What kind of artifacts? ...And which planets?" Joe looked at John inquisitively as though putting two and two together.

"You can find clothes in the terminal over there, you can in essence create clothes to your liking at it will materialize similar to how your body was created." Kiara told Cortana. "And plan? Right now, I'm curious to see 'Mavericks' Honor'...I've never seen the ritual before. I mean...I know Maverick pilots have customs...but...I never seen someone organize such a sacred ritual in their culture. Mavericks tend to be a rowdy group overall..."

"Ah...what's the saying...time heals all wounds?" Nero smiled. "I guess in this case it erased them. Now we're looking at metaphorical scars left in time." He leaned back with his cup of coffee. "Time...its such a strange thing sometimes..."

"Engineer~ Mechanic~" Terrisa swayed from her perch. "So what brings you here? And what kinda armor suit is that?"

Sol Inceneron

Dalia looked at the cavern across the cavern where the river of lava was. "The canyon is narrow enough...you might be able to just use one set of thrusters at a time. Get the nose on the ledge then push into it with the stern thrusters. You know what I mean?"

Comment

Helios System

Cortana walked over to the terminal and put her hand to her chin. She had never worn clothes before, so she honestly didn't know what to create. The closest thing she had to wearing clothes was when she took control over John's armor, and that suit wasn't even clothing. Other than that, she did have strips of circuitry and color variations that she would use as a form of clothing, but that would not pass as clothing for a physical being. Cortana continued to think about clothing, trying to come up with something suitable to wear.

(I suppose I could create some armor for when we get into combat, but it wouldn't be something that I would constantly wear...), Cortana thought.

John became slightly suspicious by Joe's curiosity. Why would he be so curious about the star fragments? Why would he want to know what planets they were on? At the very least, John could tell him about the ster fragments, but not where they were located. If he did, there would be a chance that Joe would try and take them for himself. John would tell him what he was looking for, but he would be very vague on their locations.

"I'm looking for are 'relics left by the Ancients' located on six planets of six solar systems and bring them to the Halls of Time. Lady Avonna told me about them and equipped me for the task.", John calmly said to Joe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Well, there was this one maid I met once..." Marisa started, but was interrupted by Reimu clearing her throat.

"Moving on. Afterwords, Mima was quiet for a while, occasionally appearing to be a nuisance, and those were her exact words, but otherwise, quite normal, really." Reimu explained.

Well, for the first question, my ship was heavily damaged, for the other, it's a bit more complicated." Nova said.

Comment

Helios System

Kiara looked over to Cortana. "Need some suggestions? I could tell ya about a few things I saw in the stores...There was this one little jacket-"

Girls are now talking fashion. Please Wait Warmly~

"So...how does this sound?" Kiara looked at what she had just suggested.

Spoiler:

(Note: Assume it's...something futuristic and pedestrian in style. You can take it from there)

"The Shards of starlight. The six planets of old, buried in the lore foretold. Take not but the truth of lies, for the web is forever tied..." Joe sighed. "Old bedtime stories. Honestly, anyone can tell ya they don't exist. But..." Joe looked back up the hall. "Aion would say otherwise."

Nero smiled. "Right. So Mima...anything really jogging your memory?"

Terrisa continued to sway. "Oh~? Does it use nanotech? Organics? Are you a Bioroid, too?" She then swung down and landed on her feet. "I'm Terrisa, nice to meet cha!"

Comment

Helios System

John raised an eyebrow of slight interest and leaned slightly towards Joe. Now that Joe said something about John's task, John was less indifferent.

"What do you know about the Shards of Starlight? What does Aion know about them?", John asked Joe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sol Inceneron

Nhiome looked back outside. "Huh, I suppose you are right. I can give that a shot."

(insert bunch of maneuvering I don't know how to describe)

"Now that the ship is safe, I will start on the repairs. What about you? I assume you are going on your way?" Nhiome started turning off all systems on the ship as he waited for her reply.

What should I repair first? The hull, the engines or the wiring....? Nhiome wondered.

Comment

Working...
                                X