Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morpheus form that isn't anyone here #2

Name: Marc

Abilities: Elder Magic (Same as Achlys's Dark Arts Type, except has a more sacred use than typical dark arts.) also grants basic Holy Arts Magic (Divine elemental types. Even though they take on the form of other elementals, it only inflicts light based damage.))
    *Note: Because it's still Morpheus, the Holy Arts type is incredibly weak. In addition... It's more of a...puzzle solving utility type ability to begin with (i.e. if a fan turbine needs wind to activate, or if a furnace needs fire, or if something needs water, etc etc.)
    *Note 2: The Holy Arts doesn't hurt living beings.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality/Bio: A scholar by nature who seeks to bring out the truth of the Ancient Magic that was a combination of the Holy Light and Sacred Dark magics of the Former Temple of Luminox.
    His search for knowledge of the origins of the Light and Dark Magics of the Knigdom of Luminox resulted in the discovery of the Rites of Darkness, the means to awaken the source of the Sacred Dark Magic known by the same name: Ethereal Darkness.
    The Dark Arts ability that the Dark Mages of Luminox use is the derivation of the Ethereal Darkness, however the true purpose was lost over time.
    Light Mages have a similar system with the Ethereal Light that could be considered the natural opposite of the Ethereal Darkness.

Marc theorized that it would be possible to use the Ethereal Darkness's raw power to overcome the prophesized plague that would affect the Dark Mages of Luminox. However he learned that the Ethereal Darkness held a more sinister secret. He therefore began a new search for an alternative solution before the plague struck.

Achlys, however, who was working with Marc at the time, saw that they would not find another solution in time and therefore began the Rites of Darkness herself, which involved destroying the True Vessel of Light, which was believed to be a lone flower on an island of the sacred lake, however was, in truth, Kiara.
    The flower was a smaller Vessel of Light that served as a conduit of the "Light of Mana."
    Without the flower, the entire continent of Mana would be plunged into darkness, however the Nymph of the Lake, Kiara, would be able to restore the light temporarily with the flower gone.

Marc learned of this fact soon after Achlys destroyed the flower and sought out Kiara and aided her in the search of the fragments of the flower, which had to be frozen by Dark Arts Magic before being destroyed or shattering it.

Comment

I've moved all my apps onto one post.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmm... I don't see much problem with it.

Now I feel like people are building up too much to their own story arcs awfully quickly. Yes this RP has gone on for a while, but we are still on the first day trying to get everything TRXD had said.

Also I am working on a post in TSU IC so please wait a bit.

Comment

@ SUS

In my case it's more like prep work
          Making sure all the pieces are on the board sort-of-stuff
          I mean I have the Twin Sisters on Standby....
          This alternate form is meant for night time for a "Kiara swears she's seeing ghosts" kind of scene...
          And so on.

Comment

@Sus
            Don't mind me. I already told you mine will take place long time after.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Yeah yeah I know.

@Cucoo

I guess it's just my paranoia for the safety of this RP is getting ahead of me =-=

Comment

@SUS

Watch out Maya, The angry dragon is looking for you.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@SUSTIC

I think the problem is that the RPers want to keep going, but no one have an actual since of time at the moment. If you could add some sense of time then I'm sure everything would be a bit better.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix and SUSTIC
                    I do have to agree with that. Not many people have much of a sense of time or time progression. It is known amongst us mods and regular posters that it is about 1pm in RP but not everyone is aware of this or even aware that this is still the first day. This is a major reason why I wanted the pace to be picked up on Day 1. People are losing the perception of time and are putting too much content in... on the first day! As long as we can get the first day done, we should be fine.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD and Katrix

Yeah. Me, TRXD, and S121 are working on a steady way to help keep track of time.

Try to find out when timeskips are needed, and what time it is in the RP.

Currently it's around 1:30 PM or a little bit after.

After all of Hannah's limbs are found, and whatever TRXD and the others needs done (hurry up people let's wrap it up here for the first day events) we will have a short timeskip to nighttime, then a small little cutscene post, then a timskip to the next morning.

Me, TRXD, and S121 are currently trying to work on it. Also if anyone needs me I will be on Mumble.

Comment

Speaking of which, Satoriiiiiiix why are you slackiiiiiing

sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix
                          Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
                          (hurry up people let's wrap it up here for the first day events)
                          Pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure

@SUSTIC
                          As soon as the little encounter with Spira is over, my microarc will be ending rather shortly. Anything that can be discussed between Cygnus and Trista can wait until nighttime, unless Wriggle needs to do something. As for timekeeping; when classes commence (which should be soon), timekeeping is a good idea. It's not too necessary while the students are in class but when they're outside of class, it will be necessary.

@Wriggle
                          Image is broken.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

It's the Hina face.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@Zekai
                              Originally posted by Zekai View Post
                              "I should of gotten a feel for her magic when I saw her." He said as he looked down from above. "Damn, I can't tell with people using magic all around me." Zekai's self insert frustratedly said. Just then, Zero felt something different. "This feeling is different from others, maybe it's her." Zekai's self insert said as he flied towards the source.
                              [...]
                              Ryofu followed Kris' magic feel and eventually found her at the lake with a girl in a wheelchair.
                              Turns out that Trista isn't the only one with a plot-*ahem*-magical sense...

This... is treading on some unstable ground here. I don't think that characters should possess a magical sense so early on, if ever. It's seems like a cheap plot sense and it doesn't feel like something that a novice/beginner mage should know. Novices shouldn't be so attuned to magic so early on. Sure, some characters may have little pieces of experience, like Zero Zekai ~ the Nylocke guy, but I don't think it should be to an extent where the mages KNOW what each kind of magic feels like and how to trace it to a source.
                              Trista may possess a similar ability, the Umbral Sense, but that only works in proximity and it does not trace magic itself. It instead targets nearby people and looks into what kind of person they are, their personality, and more. Despite this ability, Trista does not know how to control it. She does not know how to use it or is aware of what it can truly do. Trista gets overwhelmed by her Sense and it only stops when the source is at a sufficient distance away from her.

There are three ways that we can go about this.
                              1. I can permit this magical sense but I must ask that it is not abused and that it must be restrained.
                              2. I can permit it just this once and ask you to not use it again until later in the RP.
                              3. With SUSTIC's approval, I can outright ban people from using senses so early in the RP unless they can find a way to make it seem fair to use in the early stages (like Trista's uncontrollable and overwhelming plot sense).

Let me point out that I am not trying to monopolise sensing powers. The Umbral Sense is just one sense out of a whole number of senses that can exist in this world. I am only trying to make sure that people do not abuse said power or use a power that should not be possible for a novice/beginner character like Zero or Ryofu.

@SUSTIC and S121
                              If you want to pitch in your views on this, go ahead. I'm merely giving out my opinions and what I believe should be done.
                              Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-25-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

@TRXD

They have had a few years at learning magic is it not surprising that they can get a feel for magic. It's not a sense power like Trista. Everyone can learn how to sense and feel where the magic is coming from so they aren't beginners at magic like Trista. Don't go editing quotes either, I know that quote is edited.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X