Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Zekai

Flan is gonna cause mischief... Ufufufufufufufu~

But regardless of their years of experience, it still does not seem right. You do have to remember that the characters are meant to be inexperienced. From what I've seen, minus the sword nerf applied by SUSTIC, your self insert doesn't even seem like much of a novice or inexperienced character. He seems like an out of place and experienced sword fighter. Why would he go to a university where he doesn't even need to learn?

It's not a sense power like Trista. Everyone can learn how to sense and feel where the magic is coming from.
    Also, that's a contradiction. A sense is a sense. How can a magical sense not be a sense power? That doesn't seem right at all. And you are not the one to make the laws of magic in this world. You don't know if every character CAN learn to sense magic. You're just making that up so you can allow your characters to sense magic. The only ones who have real jurisdiction on these things are myself, S121, and SUSTIC. I can permit little things like interesting powers and little changes here and there. But this... This cannot be so easily permitted.

Zekai, you are really pushing me to ban your characters' sense powers.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-25-2014, 06:43 AM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

So what's left for the day the first day?

Honestly, I kinda wanna get to the class portion of the story...

Comment

@Wonder
        We all do... We all do...

As soon as Katrix, Wriggle, and I are done; we will be doing a timeskip to night and then we shall do a few short things here and there. Depending on how things go, we are planning on cutting to the chase and beginning classes the next day. That's what I recall from talking to SUSTIC and S121.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

He is feeling the magic around him. It's like a sense but it's not a sense power and as for him being an "expert" swordsman, he's not an expert just experienced. He still needs to go there to learn how to use his magic better for summoning different weapons. I never said I was making laws for this so don't say that I am. I'm saying that everyone should be able to learn how to feel the magic around them and what magic belongs to who. I never mentioned that Zero had a sense power so don't go saying that he does because he doesn't, he was taught on how to feel the magic around him, same with Ryofu.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@TRXD and Zekai

I don't know if I really have a say in this, but I feel that if you are doing something that contradicts rules or make you have a little advantage, you should really ask first. Kathryn is probably one of the people that have used (used does not mean experience overall) magic for the longest time having first touched magic at the age of 5. Before I made her app however, I asked SUSTIC if it was okay. First when I got okay from him, I did it.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Zekai
              Look... I am not going to allow for such backtalk. From what I can see, you can just be pulling arguments out of thin air and hoping that they work. After all, I never said that your self insert was an "expert" I said that he was experienced. Too experienced. And from what I understand of abilities and powers, sensing magic and feeling magic around oneself IS a sense power. If it isn't, then what the heck is a sense power?! It's like saying that a machine gun is not a gun or that a walnut is not a nut. A feeling is a sense. And a sense that is not one of the typical biological senses (Touch, taste, smell, balance, etc.) is a sense power. Ergo your characters have sense powers.

I'm saying that everyone should be able to learn how to feel the magic around them and what magic belongs to who.
              That may be the case but it seems overpowered all the same. I am not trying to outright ban this power (but you're pushing me to). I just don't want powers that can be abused or made in such a way that it makes other character's unique powers redundant at such an early stage.

Since you're not going to listen to me, we'll just have to wait until SUSTIC wakes up for his judgement on this.

@Katrix
              That's the thing. If one asks about something that might be considered a major uncertainty or a slight rule breaker then we can find a way around it. Like Kathyrn's underage magic usage, that would be a rule breaker but it makes sense given Kathryn's backstory and it was permitted. This whole magical sense came out of nowhere, from what I can see. If Zekai asked about it, we could have worked around it instead of ending up here. I'm not saying to ask about everything but at least consider what you are doing and whether it might spark up a staff member's attention.
              Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-25-2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Know what, I'M DONE! Everytime I do something in IC or make an app, I ALWAYS get either bashed with questions over and over again or get bullshit like this and I don't mean done with this RP, I'm done with this site. Have fun without me.

Sent by Tapatalk
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

from what I gather, I believe it's supposed to be like the Force from Star Wars

To feel the flow of mana...

I could understand like a "I sense a disturbance in the Mana" sort of thing but...

Comment

@Zekai

I hope I'm not too late, but you are not the only one that gets mad over AN RP.

I occasionally get mad at others when they do something stupid and all, or even I get mad at myself. Yet I NEVER QUIT. I just try and fix things up, then move on instead of ditching it. Also you did kind of pull that power out of nowhere, and if you did ask first I would have allowed it.

If you see this you should remember this law that applies to almost all RP's.

If it isn't stated in a post or app, then it doesn't happen or exist unless someone asks a GM of an RP.

If NO ONE announces what powers they have in their app, and they just bring it in then it didn't happen unless you ask if they can have that power. If not then it will kind of seem like people are "pulling stuff out your ass" which is annoying at times. I've done the same before countless times when I first started RPing (and dear help me GOD this one guy in an old RP I was in just kept pulling powers out of nowhere to counter everyone.)

Listen if you leave I can't stop you, but you don't have to just because others seem to bash on you. It's called Constructive Criticism (most of the time), and constructive criticism can and will be harsh most of the time. Everyone including people who have written fanfics, and stories before will not be automatically good at RPing. Even after a couple of months (and even to this day) I'm still quite a average RPer and I've been RPing for about 2-3 years now. Yeah I've gotten better over time.

Now like I said Zekai if you leave I can't stop you, but it will be quite dull with you gone.

Comment

Zekai-san... We shall miss him...

Damn. That's not good. I hope he comes back.

Comment

So, as I just realized that I never actually said how Kathryn is able to keep her legs like they are and SUSTIC wanted to post my suggestion here, I guess that's what I'm going to do.

So, my suggestion is simple. My idea is that she have a sub-magic witch is some kind of combination between illusions and transmutations. This would be what she discovered how to use when she was 5 years old and have been using since then to hide herself. It wouldn't be a complete transmutation of the object, but instead it would be a kind of hyper-realistic illusion. Another thing to note is that a transmutation is a one time happening. Once the change have been made, no extra magic is necessary. A illusion however needs a constant supply (for her legs I was thinking of keeping this cost small so it doesn't impact her in any real way). Of those two, this combination use mostly the constant approach. Another thing that is important to say is that as they are just illusions, the quality and realism of the change depends on the skill of the caster. For example, she may change a porcelain thing into something soft, but upon dropping it to the floor, it would still crack.

My plan for Kathry is that for a good period, she won't even know of this powers existence, once she learns of it, she'll have a few problems actually using it in a good way.

@Kristia

You are not getting a post out of me, was just about to go to bed. Oh, and Kris still doesn't know of that she is a mermaid, right?
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

From what I see, the time in the RP should be nearing sunset?

We need someone to keep some kind of time, timeskips are unacceptable.

Comment

@Lunasa

It's about between 1:30 - 2:15 PM, and Timeskips will only be used to skip minor things like days that are unneeded. I plan on this RP going over the span of at least a month or so, to about a few months max so timeskips will be necessary at some points. Also the first day has gone on forever. We won't do a timeskip for the first day to the first night until EVERYONE gets their shit done on the first day.

Comment

Since Zekai is almost surely banned for a week, what are Katrix and I going to do with Ryofu?

Katrix, Kris doesn´t know that Katrhyn is a mermaid, thus the panic emotion and jumping to the water
                              Last edited by Kristia; 03-26-2014, 10:34 AM.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
                                Oh... This is something... Well, we could just presume that Ryofu pulls a Koishi and just stares off into the distance in a thoughtless way. Almost tuning out of what Kris has to say. That seems like the best thing that could be done with an ultima character without going to extremes. And besides, Kathryn did just go into the water. There is that to focus on.
                                I'm not too sure myself but I'm certain that you can put in a piece of creative writing that makes sure that you aren't put in a temporal/writing lock.

Of course, we could always do TRXD's favourite pastime of making a character pass out for the sake of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X