Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a reason I let myself be phased out of memory here

you people forget there's a character still tied to the infirmary and yet you all don't incorporate that fact in anything.

Comment

@Cucoo
      If you had declared interest in the unconscious girls, I would've mentioned Kiara. I was aware of what was she does but you didn't say a thing so I didn't talk about her. Thinking about it... this would add a bit more to the infirmary posts if Kiara does get involved.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

what bothers me is the lack of interest in Kiara

everyone else was so ready to include the others but I was able to be phased out.

No one included her in anything.

It happened even in Infinity Project.

If I have to fight to get involved, it's not worth it.

That's why I kept silent. waiting to see what you all would do.

and it happened again. I was phased out.

That's why in AtWaG I developed my arcs the way I did. I tried to incorporate every single character.

I'm still waiting on Neo to progress London arc in order to get Cole and Flan some action.
        Even without you saying anything, I already planned out ways that your characters can be incorporated into the entire arc.

No one does that for me.

I will go out of my way to forge a plan ahead of time to make sure everyone has a role.
        No one goes out of their way to help me when I don't have a plan.

I said it over and over here: I'm not certain how to proceed properly, I need help.
        Did anyone help?
        No instead I got yelled at because I couldn't post.
        Because I didn't have a plan AND NO ONE HELPED ME.

In AtWaG, I noticed that wonder positioned a character in the Voile. But I realized that his character would simply be passed by due to John's corridors of darkness.
        I made sure that Jack would be incorporated by using Alvis as a plot device to redirect things.

Has anyone done that here for me?

Still was waiting for that.

But the fact I have to say it again that I need help is what concerns me.

I said it before and no one helped me, I waited, nothing.
        I phased out of memory.

A character lost to lack of continuity.

So does anyone remember that person in room 207A?

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
          A lot of stuff
          It's hard to keep track when people don't post regularly or in nice detailed ways that make me care for the character. Plus, given that there are a fuckton of characters employed by a few players, it's hard to keep track. That's why I make one character and stick with it.

Also, stop whining and do something.

Comment

And how am I supposed to post regularly when I have no plan, when I don't know where I'm going?
            How am I supposed to make posts that incorporate foreshadowing when I have nothing to foreshadow?

If I don't know where I'm going, I can't shape where I've been.

The future of a character decides their past for me.

I have to start with the end in order to even THINK of the how they get there

And I recall begging a few times for someone to give me ideas for her end so that I could construct her beginning.

It's like Revere in FaF

I had to make sure I knew what and where his goal was before I could construct what he was.

I need to know what I'm aiming for before I can calculate how to set my trajectory.
            It's like an arrow in mid flight.
            it's in the air. Where is the target?
            where the target is tells me what the initial trajectory is.
            As it can be assumed that the initial trajectory is meant to hit the target.

So what is my target?
            I still don't know anything interesting.
            The only thing I have is "nurse apprentice learning how to apply water magic to medicine."
            For me that's mid flight.
            I don't know why she is that other than that's what she is. I don't know her past, and I don't know her future.
            I'm lost in the middle of a void with no defined bounds

And again I already said this and asked this before and no one gave me any proper answers.

because no one takes the time that do know what they're doing to help those that are clueless.

Comment

@Cucoo

Nobody knows where their characters are going to end up, only that the are living day by day in a university of magic.

That's the problem with your method. It's inflexible and follows a fixed path like a book, instead of allowing other variables and going with the flow, constantly adapting to the RP world. The present dictates the future. Your decisions affect the outcome of your character, just like real life. You never always know where you'll end up, but you can have dreams, set goals for yourself, but at the same time, you shouldn't focus so much on the future because then you'll miss the present. You'll miss opportunities to interact with others. Put yourself out there, just like everyone else has been doing and you'll get into the story as well.

If you pay close attention to all the successful characters, they put themselves in situations that allow them to interact with others, to delve deeper into the story. Simply getting a conversation going gets the ball rolling. Conversations turn into relationships with other characters, and those relationships tie you into their story as well as your own.

Before you say that you can't start a story without looking at the end, know that it's impossible to dictate the future without planning the RP. If you need help to work in the present, think of your character as a living, breathing, being. What do they do? How will they live in this new world? This practice it will not only help you along, it will also make your character more relatable, more human.

Does that help?
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

That's the problem

I would rather start with an end and then modify it as the present changes it ever so slightly.

Sure I'll sometimes fight to keep my plan but eventually I'll adapt it to fit the new situation.

Take what happened in AtWaG.
                I panicked when wriggs broke continuity on me and said the book they were looking for was a scroll.

But then eventually I adapted my initial plan so that it actually came out better by adapting what the book was to be something else.

That whole crisis turned my initial plan towards a different direction.
                Before I was going to go with one thing, but now I'm looking at a different outcome that is similar but still different.

All roads lead to Rome.
                But what part of Rome we enter is different depending on the road.

I need a plan that has events planned out so that I can modify it.
                If I have nothing to modify, I'm lost.

I need to know where my Rome is, I need to know where Italy is before I can really think about how I want to get there.
                Do I want to take a boat?
                A plane?
                Space drop?
                Alien abduction that turns me into a plumber that beams me aboard the space craft Enterprise that then beams me down to Italy?

Once I have a destination, then I can think about how I want to get there with confidence.
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-11-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

@Pennomen
                  Look, I'm not a puppeteer. I don't coordinate or strategise. I don't plan what's next. I merely think about little goals that I want my character(s) to achieve and think of how do that. Nothing more. I never go into detail or plan things on a deep level. If I miss characters out, it just happens. Kiara took the bullet on this one because she just did. It's not that I dislike her or you, Pennomen. I think Kiara has some potential but I'm not going to be the single one to unleash said potential. I just take what comes my way and work with that. Be it as either a typical RPer, mod, or GM.

In TSU, I never planned for Trista to trip on Jason and have them meet each other through that means. It just happened and I worked with it. Nor did I expect Mega and Katrix's characters to fight each other. Trista just happened to be there and I worked with it.

In Noire, I may the GM and creator but I give the RPers legroom to execute the stories how they want to. I aim to let them have freedom and I respond with my own reaction even if the RPers' actions were unexpected. I take what they have and what they do and change my stories around that. Yuugi messes up in some way? Her friend now becomes at greater risk of being lost and maybe even dying. Byakuren fails to notice a potential piece of evidence relating to the Scarlet Devil Mafia? Her job has now been made much harder and the Mafia will remain unaffected.

Do you see my point, Pennomen? I don't organise. I don't plan. I just take in what other people present me and I work with it. If I'm not given choices or opportunities, I will not use any. This is true for Kiara.

EDIT: MY ARGUMENT IS OUTDATED!!! Darn it, S121 and my slow typing! (>_<)

@Major
                  And this is one of the reasons why the CosmoNOTs are presumed MIA or no longer active in AtWaG and why I am refraining from having multiple in TSU.

Also, this OOC is getting filled with a bit too much non-TSU stuff. I suggest that we end this argument shortly or move it to the General Discussion.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@cucoo

I'm sorry to be honest, but you will remain lost with that particular approach.

the only reason the banished library worked out the way it did was because we had to do a lot of accommodating and planning before hand, and even then, it had its problems because things didn't go exactly as planned. You just gotta trust me when I say this, RPing is much easier if you don't worry too much about the future and focus on the present. Sure, it might be a little hard for you to adopt a completely different RPing style, but it will be well worth it. You'll be able to integrate yourself into RPs more easily without even needing to plan.

Take me for example. I use a reactionary approach. All I do is react to the environment. Because of that, I end up in the strangest places, simply because of where the story takes me. Sure, I think about where the character will end up, but I never take each outcome as an absolute, only as a possibility. Think of it like a game with multiple endings. You can get either a good end, or bad end. It's all up to your decisions and not only how you react to the world, but how the world reacts to you. Both you and the world around you dictates your final destination. You can plan for a particular outcome, but you shouldn't limit yourself to that outcome. In an RP, there are almost limitless possibilities, you just have to be willing to let go of planning and take a leap of faith.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

If I'm not given choices or opportunities, I can't do anything. This is true for Kiara.
                      Fix'd

I'm too much of an engineer already.
                      I have criteria, but no idea what i'm making.
                      A tragedy?
                      A comedy?
                      A love story?
                      A picaso art?

Without a destination, I have no options.
                      I can't brainstorm ideas.

Do I want Alvis to now go to London in order to attempt to continue aiming for reviving Robin?
                      Or should I let Renamon recognize the mark of Grima?
                      Or should I let both happen?

I need to be able to set that up.
                      In AtWaG, I have Grima as my goal, and I can think out how I want my characters to act and react with that in mind.
                      I can now say: do I want to intervene here or let it happen? Do I want to influence how things will go?

Thats why I need help. I need my Rome, I need my Grima, I need my end goal to decide what arms I want on my robot to achieve said goal.

Comment

@Pennomen
                        I'm not going argue further. I'm done.

Now please for the love of Suwako, Amaterasu, Talos or any god; stop this before the OOC gets flooded. I don't appreciate it and I don't think SUSTIC will either.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well I'm very analytic as well, but I can quickly adapt. Just like in the wild, you either adapt, or die. I mean, I honestly don't know what else to tell you, other than to at least give the other method a try. In ATWAG, we have planning because we are working strictly with the changing future. Each choice influences it. As for this RP, we're in the present, not the future.

If you really need end goals, then set up micro-goals, ones that teeter on the edge of present and future. People tend to do that in real life, so why not here?

If we continue this, we should take it to RP Discussion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix
                            Name: Kathryn

Race: Mermaid

Bio: At the age of 5 years old Kathryn's body underwent a weird procedure which after a few days had transformed her entire lower body into that of a fish. She had turned into a mermaid. During this period, she had to stay hidden from most people's view. Luckily she found a way to return her body to normal. It was not perfect tough. She was had lost all control over her legs. She couldn't move them, she couldn't even feel them. Thus she had to sit in a wheelchair from that day on. Although she knew how to transform her body back she never did. She was too embarrassed about it. She did keep things that you wouldn't see like her ability to breath under water, but that was it. When she was 16 years old, she learned about her water magic. Of course, she drew the line between her magic quite quickly and thus she was embarrassed about her magic as well. She wasn't too embarrassed about this tough and she quickly began using it with people she trusted around.

What Element/and or type of magic: Water (duh). She normally just play with her magic in different ways.

Luggage: Some clothes, her wheelchair, a smartphone, something to write and raw with and a book where she can write and draw.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Why did you come to the University?: To learn how she would control her magic and possible find a way to walk again. Also to maybe find a place where she would be comfortable to show what she really was.

Personality: Altough she mayb be a little bit shy, she is normally a very talkitive person that easily makes friends this is partly due to the fact that she need help very often due to her legs.

Hmm.... I really like this app Katrix. She seems like a pretty interesting character. I am putting her in Dorm 202A so have fun!

Comment

@SUSTIC

Room 202A already have it's 3rd room taken by Vivian.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

sorry about putting wrong names TR, I was tyoing and studying for something at the same time^^;
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X