X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SUSTIC

That's pretty much what we've been doing.

It's not written down in the rules, but it's sort of an unwritten rule.

I personally don't like to touch upon the whole OC issue. There's too many circumstances to consider. It's cool to have an OC every once in a while, maybe even as a "playable character", but they should not dominate over your video game Characters. At most, they should be about equal in terms of use.

To me, it's okay to try something new and break away from the old formula, but the one thing I do not mess with is the central idea, the main idea of the entire RP. It's those parameters that should always be followed.

I would say that this first season was more of an experiment, one where we tested out what worked and threw away what didn't. With the second season, we can put what works into writing and really get things moving without confusion, or grey areas.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone

I'm busy being sick at the moment. As for the amount of characters, what about us that already kind of have a big number of characters. For me I think it would be very hard to organize the Organization if I didn't have control over them all.

As for OC, i think it's alright if they work in the area they are in. For the Organization we currently only know about half of the members. People like Another is a OC, but he is also hinted at exsisting in the KH universe. Xehanort is a anagram of No Heart of Another with a X added. We have already seen No heart in BBS so it's not impossible for Another to actually exist.
      Last edited by Katrix; 10-22-2013, 01:56 PM.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Well in the sequel we could still keep control of characters we used in this RP. That was just a rough idea of a rule.

@S121

I don't even plan on using an OC of sorts for this RP, because I got used to using game characters. I just don't want the sequel to be out of hand at times like this RP. I guess that's what the whole refurbishing of old rules, and adding new rules will definitely be helping with.
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

@Katrix

Welcome back!

Yea, there's that too. There will always be exceptions to the rule, such as that. I suppose you could say that the entire Organization would be considered an entity in itself, while the members are it's various parts. In the end, the main guy is Xehanort and Another. (I think Another is in the RP.) Now that I think about it, it could be hard to set rules on. It would have to be an exception.

I think the main reason we have extra Characters is because then we won't have to wait on one person. If a person is busy, then we can easily switch to the other storyline.

@SUSTIC

I have an OC too, but I rarely use him.

There's also the army of OCs in Prometheus Labs. That place is an OC factory.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

My plan is to make people actually develop their OC more thoroughly than existing Video Game chars.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Yea.

Like I said before in this OOC thread.

If I ever do try and bring in a OC it would be my OC Hajime from my RP and story. Though with an edited background and history if I ever do introduce him. Thing is I already have another story for Hajime in the case I ever do decide to bring him into All the World's a Game.

Now the question must be asked... I wonder how well Hajime would get along with characters in this RP.

Comment

@Wriggle

That would be a good idea. It would make them more human. Of course, it would be good to do that with all the Characters.

I think the reason John dominated the first half of the RP was because of the detail put into him. I went into his thoughts and memories and tried to make him more human and less artificial. I should do that kind of stuff again.

That being said, we should make sure that OCs don't take priority over game Characters. After all, this is a video game RP.

@SUSTIC

What do you have in mind for him?

Is he still a superhuman, or has he been adapted?
                sigpic

Comment

Well what I had planned for Hajime in the case if he is ever introduced into ATWAG was that much like how he was in my series he is a experiment. Though in this RP he would have been the result of an attempt at replicating game characters after seeing how much potential game characters can have.

However due to limited resources Hajime was unfinished and unstable. However unlike how Hajime is in my RP (being created from mere DNA) he would be a literal human turned into a Prototype Super-Human. Also unlike how Hajime is in my RP he wasn't scheduled for termination. Instead he was literally just dumped somewhere in a Cryo-Stasis capsule of sorts until either:

A: Technology becomes advanced enough to continue work on Hajime

or

B: He is uncovered by someone in the RP.

Something like that. The standard idea wasn't and isn't finished yet as I still don't intend to introduce him into the ATWAG universe (UNLESS I find a proper reason to.)

Comment

@SUSTIC

There's a couple of places he could come in at.

I was planning on having Six go on a mission to take out one of the Neo-Yakuza bases, and Katrix and I have discussed bringing in the SCAE, an organization that wants to eliminate Characters instead of using them as soldiers. They kill or capture the Characters, experiment on them, throw them away, then use what they learned to attack more Characters. They are like the Neo-Yakuza, only they are more brutal and use means other than brute force to take down their targets, usually by taking hostages and forcing the Characters to surrender.

There could be a possibility that Six finds a cryopod in one of the bases.
                    Last edited by S121; 10-22-2013, 02:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

That... sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm also sure that Prometheus Labs would be capable of helping Hajime after he is uncovered... that is if Hajime doesn't act hostile to them...

Comment

Also I'll be the one to bring up the issue of "balance."
                        Primarily regarding Combat Prowess and so on.
                        Let's face it, a lot of game characters are broken gods. We need to set a definitive system where we lay out like Pokémon "This character is strong against this type and this type of thing and weak against all of these...and resistant to these."
                        This is my thought, but Xenoblade Chronicles system would work cause I can think of a way to incorporate that because it has all the various aspects...but again that's just me.

And OCs...so far We have the system that they must be of the real world (therefore can't exactly have any supernatural aspects to a certain degree however certain exceptions do seem to apply already on that front.)

And specific for me, that's why I would bring in Eleos from my story because of the way I structured him.
                        And Eleos can fit in with that one organization...started with an S? Because he is an assassin.
                        EDIT: Oh right, SCAE

Anyway...that's just me.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I could imagine that they would try and give him a home amongst the Spartans and maybe even complete some of his enhancements if he's nice.

@Cucoo

It might work, but it would be hard to come up with numerical values and a standardized system for all the Characters.

More often than not, we try to give people weaknesses. For instance, John inheirits his weaknesses from the Halo games; plasma destroys the shields quickly, and high-caliber weaponry/strong piercing attacks pierces the armor.
                          Last edited by S121; 10-22-2013, 02:49 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

@S121

That was what I was thinking too. In fact the True Organization XIII is have just one member, Xehanort. The thing is that he found different versions of himself throughout time and gathered them.

@Cucco

If we ever develop a system with numbers or similar things I'm out of here.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Yep. In the end, they are all one person, only different aspects and incarnations of him.

@Cucoo

It will be interesting to have an OC work for the SCAE. I can actually imagine him and Six getting into a fight or two. Six is pretty much an assassin capable of taking down militia groups and making entire organizations disappear overnight, while Elios has the resources and skill to take down Characters. That being said, I'm sure they wouldn't send Eleos into a bad situation without leverage or backup. I could explain more about the SCAE if you want.
                              sigpic

Comment

I would think that maybe a simple rating system would do.
                                i.e.
                                Eleos:
                                STR: 3/10
                                SPD: 9/10
                                ATK (w/ handguns): 4/10
                                ATK (w/ sniper): 7/10
                                DEF: 2/10

Something like that...then we all can kinda say what really can do what w/o being totally at the person's discretion. Once you set it, it's set. It illustrates the character's potential and limits while keeping everyone on the same scale.
                                Of course then we'll have like Flandre where it would be almost 10/10s across the board but still...
                                It's something to consider.

Comment

Working...
                                X