X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: NeoFox

Timezone: EST. I live in Florida, and I am online most of the time.

NPC Character of Choice: MegaMan X (A.K.A. X)

Game of Origin: MegaMan X

Power: X is a machine that can make his own decisions, and he even has feelings. Due to him being a machine X has enhanced physical strength, speed, and endurance than that of a normal human. He can also take the weapon of Reploids that he has defeated (which means he cannot take any of the powers of the other characters in this RP unless they are a Reploid.) A few of X's abilities are thanks to some of his internal components.

Weapons: X has a built in arm cannon called the X-Buster which is an arm cannon that focuses solar energy into a bullet of plasma which can be fired to do physical damage. The shot when uncharged is generally pretty weak, but when fully charged it is more powerful. The charge will take about a few posts to happen, about 2-3. Though it is up to the GM for how long it takes. His X-Buster can switch from firing mode to 'Hand-Mode' when not in use.

Weaknesses:
    Even though X is a machine that can think and feel like a human he has the A.I. of a 14-15 year old male. Sometimes his judgement could be clouded, but he usually ends up making the right decision.

X does not like violence, and will usually refuse to fight.

X is not very skilled in close range combat, and as such tries to keep his distance in the case he does fight.

X is weak too intense heat, and titanium spikes. Which can destroy him incredibly easily. Oh and He also cannot float in water of course.

He also runs on Solar Energy so when the sun goes down, or if he is in a low light environment he has to conserve his energy. As such his attacks will be much weaker in said situations.

Appearance: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_M...28character%29

Personality: X is generally a peaceful person, and will not fight if he does not have to. He just wishes for everyone to live in peace, and he is always willing to make a new friend. Though despite his rather peaceful personality he will fight if someone purposefully harms a human, or anyone in fact. An example of this would be when Zero dies near the end of the first game by Sigma's henchman Vile (Well actually Zero sacrificed himself to destroy Vile's main weapon.) After Zero's death X destroyed Vile, and went on to and vowed to avenge his friend Zero. In the remake of the first game Maverick Hunter X it is shown that X is generally angry with Sigma.

"I will finish this. Right here. Right now! I will defeat you Sigma!" -X at the end of MegaMan Maverick Hunter X

Morality: Lawful Good

Biography: X's creation by the hands of Thomas Light began at some point during the later days of the original Mega Man series, specifically, sometime after Mega Man 10,[2] but no exact dates were given. He was created with a unique system that allowed him to think, feel and act completely on his own. However, fearing that he would be a threat to the world because of the immaturity of his inexperienced circuits (or because the world wasn't ready for him according to Maverick Hunter X), Light sealed him away in a capsule that would test the reliability of his circuits to prove his maturity. Unfortunately, the system tests would take approximately 30 years to complete, and Light knew he was going to pass away before then. With this in mind, he recorded a warning addressed to any future benefactors to not open the capsule until the tests were completed. On September 18th 20XX, Mega Man X was sealed away.

The sleeping robot eventually passed all tests the capsule had prepared for him and he was found in the year 21XX (possibly in the year 2114 or later, according to the log of Cain's PC in the opening of Mega Man X, 100 years after X was sealed by Dr. Light.) by scientist Dr. Cain. Cain, not being an expert in robotics, was baffled by the design specifications Light had included on the computer as even a century later they were ahead of anything the world had ever seen. From these specifications and with the help of X, Cain began developing his own version of next-generation robots, which came to be known as Reploids. However, the Reploids never received the same ethical testing as X. Apparently because of this oversight, over time more and more Reploids began to act strange and, eventually, become violent against humans and even other Reploids. These Reploids were deemed "Maverick" (Irregular in Japan) and, as incidents of Reploids going Maverick increased, the human government decided to found a department which was supposed to deal with the Mavericks, the Maverick Hunters.

Feeling responsible for this situation, X joined the Maverick Hunters and became part of Sigma's 17th Elite Unit. While other operatives such as Sigma and Zero were elevated to the higher classes, X remained at B-class. This was most likely due to a tendency in X to hesitate in battle instead of fully committing. This tendency caused other Maverick Hunters, such as Vile, to look down on X as weak.

While X was a member of Sigma's Elite Hunter Unit 17, he befriended many other members of this unit, particularly the S-A class hunter Zero. The Hunters were busy though, as giant Mechaniloids (robots less intelligent than Reploids) began attacking Abel City. The Maverick Hunters were baffled as to who was behind the attacks. During one of the battles against the berserk Mechaniloids it became apparent to Sigma that X would refuse to use his weapons if an ally was in danger. After speaking to Dr. Cain, Sigma discovered that his worrying is what makes him so advanced. It was then that Sigma became obsessed with X.

X and Zero began investigating these events to discover the hacker causing Mechaniloid outbreaks throughout Abel City. The two hunters traced the signal being sent to the Maverick Mechailoids, where they discovered that the hacker responsible for the rampaging Mavericks was none other than Sigma. X and Zero fought Sigma, but were damaged in the encounter, allowing Sigma to escape. Sigma eventually turned his lieutenants Maverick, and launched an attack against Abel City, leading into Mega Man X.
    X eventually defeated Sigma, and Zero was also rebuilt during the events of X2. Despite Sigma's defeat Sigma always comes back from death in the form of a computer virus. Always getting someone to build him a new body.

In the real world X is currently working with the US Military as a sort of last resort weapon in case of emergency. Though he does not like this job, and he hopes to find Zero in the real world one day.

Traumas: X is still haunted by the fact that he may one day go Maverick, and that he might have to fight his best friend Zero to the death. He hopes that this day never comes.

Notes: Hey kinda new to these forums, and I have been a big Touhou, and MegaMan fan for a long time. When I saw this RP I really wanted to apply as Mokou Fujiwara, but then I saw in the opening that some diversity would be good. So I chose MegaMan X. Also I will be online most of the time.
    Last edited by NeoFox; 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

The Overmind didn't move in Starcraft besides occasional planetary warps. The Zerg still managed to wreck shit across worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
        Suika, echoing Kristia, does that thing even move? xD

Topio, if no one takes up the Spy, I'll have him basically just start on a cat and mouse hunt for Remilia - who would be the mouse here, ironically. I can imagine that if the ARM comes into contact with Remi again, a small scuffle would ensue with Remi playing extremely defensive and taking out two or three of your converted vehicles before being injured by one of your guys again and retreating. Becoming even more weakened, I see the Spy finding her and almost dealing the lethal blow. Basically, I imagine the ARM group finding Remilia, or vice versa, first and Spy confronting Remilia second.
        Inb4 Remilia x Spy Doujin.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Fuck it. I'm out of the RP as a character. I'm just going to look on and observe, police, accept applications, and settle disputes two days after they happen.

@Neofox: Megaman X is [Accepted]. I hope to see a good personality and moral dilemmas. Now I wish I could read...
          Last edited by Major Mario; 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Now I need to think of a way to start...

Comment

@Wriggle

Actually, the ice chunk bit already happened, John got hit by it...and Mima and John are in the store.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Um, Mima and John aren't fighting Dad. He's still in the block, and Mima pushed it out the door at high speeds. It ain't coming back.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
                  Um, Mima and John aren't fighting Dad. He's still in the block, and Mima pushed it out the door at high speeds. It ain't coming back.
                  Alright, got you. So Aqua and Renamon is fighting DAD, and you two are just observing?
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

(10postlimit10postlimit10postlimit)

Yep. The fight was too far away for them to hear. Renamon heard because of her sharper senses.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a good idea on how I can start? I can't think of one >.< I have a hard time starting out in an RP >.<

Comment

Remember, you can pretty much start anywhere you desire on Earth, so think about it, take your time.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

You could start in Japan. Did you say what country's army he belonged to?

EDIT: Then again, there are other action zones.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121 yea the US Military. Though he could probably be stationed in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mario View Post
                              Fuck it. I'm out of the RP as a character. I'm just going to look on and observe, police, accept applications, and settle disputes two days after they happen.

@Neofox: Megaman X is [Accepted]. I hope to see a good personality and moral dilemmas. Now I wish I could read...
                              I guess this would be appropriate:
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

All the army bases are in Okinawa.

Here you go.
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...s_Forces_Japan
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X