Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wonder
    Nighty night.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys.

Sorry for absence. Alia just got Zero to talking capacity and fixed most of his internal systems. She just needs to give him new arms, and legs and stuff.

Comment

Mornin everyone. I'll be right back. I'm gettin mah PS3 today.

Comment

Im busy all week. Maybe more. Don't expect me.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

For what I see, we will take quite a good time until the meeting finishes and gods know how 2 months will pass in the story XD
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
              Welcome back, even though, it will be brief, like you said.

Anyway, a night ago, I came up with this.

Hearing about the Arcanopulsate Reactor's incredible heat, I tried to look for a number for its temperature. Unfortunately, I found nothing.

Instead, I decided to find John's temperature threshold.

Now, when a space shuttle reenters the atmosphere, it's going at 17,500 mph (7.8 kilometers per second) (Mach 22.98957987124636).<1>

According to this page (here), the shuttle would experience temperatures of up to 7,800 K (13,580.33 F).

Why so high?

It's because of a mathematical coincidence used by heat shield designers, to estimate peak shock layer temperature.

Basically, .1 km/s = 100 Kelvin

Therefore, 7.8 km/s = 7,800 K (13,580.33 F)

Of course, according to this page (here), the heat resistant materials can only reach a temperature of up to 1,600 K (2,420.33 F).

Now, let's take it a step further by using something that better fits John's size and wind resistance.

Now, we use the Stardust with a PICA heat shield.<2>

The 300 kilos (661.38 lbs) spacecraft is much closer to John's weight and size.

It traveled at a speed of 27,738 mph (12.4 km/s) (Mach 36.43915410617841).<1>

If we follow the same formula, then we'll find that the Stardust reached a temperature of 12,400 K (21,860.33 F).

According to this (here), the PICA shielding, can only take up to 5,000 F.

This led me to the conclusion that the air around the spacecrafts reach up to 10,000+ F, but the heat shields must be good at repelling heat, but only up to a certain point.

The PICA shielding was created in 2007, so how well would heat shielding perform in the year 2557?

For this, I tried to find the temperature of a HALO Plasma Pistol.

Unfortunately, I only found the Plasma Pistol's power output of 150 kV @ 3 mA (45,000W).<3>

The problem is, in order to find the temperature of the plasma shot, I would need to know the plasma's density and how long John is exposed to it.

In the end, all I know is that John can be in places that are over 12,400 K (21,860.33 F), but not for too long.

I don't know how good his heat shielding is, so I have to leave it up to the imagination.

The original Space shuttle took flight in 1977.<4> That's when it's shielding could protect it from temperatures of up to 3,000 F.<5>

In 2007, the PICA heat shields were developed, allowing spacecrafts to withstand temperatures of up to 5,000 F.<6>

Taking all of this into account, I thought of a way to guesstimate how advanced John's heat shielding would be by simulating the progression of technology.

There's a 30 year gap between both heat shield technologies and a 2,000 F gap between their temperatures.

John's suit was made in 2557.

Therefore,

2007 - 1977 = 30

2,000 F / 30 years = +66.66 F per year

2557 - 2007 = 550 years

550 years * 66.66 F per year = 36,663 F + 5,000 F = 41,663 F

Using that, John's heat shields would have a maximum safe operating temperature of 41,663 F, meaning that John's suit can conduct that much heat before it starts to fail.

If that's the case, and if wedo the same to the air around the spacecraft, then we find that he might be able to survive area temperatures of over 120,133.33 F, just as long as his suit can stay within the bounds of 41,663 F, but I'm not sure whether or not that's too OP.

He is from the future, and MJOLNIR armor is said to cost more than a small starship, but is it too OP?

If so, then what temperature threshold would you recommend?

Just to put things in perspective, a nuclear blast has temperatures that range from 10,340.33 C (18,644.594 F) to well over 10,000,000 C (18,000,032 F).<7>
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Not enough, my friend. Not enough heat resistance.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Well, there's always the 3 transmutation crystals John bought.

With Mima's help, he could increase the strength of his heat shields, even if just for a brief time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just think if John got his hands on a Chaos Emerald. The power that 1 could give to his suit would be amazing. Especially if he got all 7.

Also one of the Chaos Emeralds will be crashing into Hawaii. The energy readings it would give off would probably catch John's attention.

Comment

Yep, John's suit can read energy spikes, happened in one of the games, or at least I think so.

I might be confusing Metroid Prime with Halo.

What would the Chaos Emerald do to John?

I've played Sonic games before, it's just that I wonder what It'll do to John.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well 1 chaos Emerald can increase the John's own power, and speed (though for him to be able to do that he would need to know how to use it's power) while his suit if modified by a scientist or something can utilize the Emeralds power.

When John's suit is modified the suit would allow John to use the power of the Emerald to greatly increase the power of his suit. Making it far faster and stronger. If John had all 7 of the Chaos Emeralds then his suit (and maybe himself) would literally be invincible, much MUCH faster, and stronger. Though even then he would have a time limit with the super state when all 7 emeralds are obtained. As he would need rings or something else to keep the state charged (the super state will only last about 5 minutes without a steady supply of the gold rings from the Sonic games, but during that time John should have enough power to accomplish what he needs done in the mission.)

Comment

I think it's a good idea.

Since Wriggle will be gone for the week, it'll also free up John, allowing me to continue posting.

I'm getting the feeling that John's going to meet Shadow there. Perhaps a new recruit to save the planet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually the time he can remain in super form depends on how much energy he uses. If he doesn't fight he doesn't use to much energy. I think I read somewhere that he stayed super for one week once.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

So John has another way to stop the Extractor.

John is pretty much just going to use them to survive the intense heat of the reactor.

If not, then there's always his transmutation crystals.
                              sigpic

Comment

@Katrix

I believe that was in the comic series which is a different continuity (I think. I could be wrong.) I'm going by what I know from the games.

Comment

Working...
                                X