X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man.. i feel bad for them
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Hey X. If the working conditions suck, go on strike."
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Feel bad for them? I think I would feel bad for Alia a bit more... I mean she is going to continue work as a navigator after all. They usually have the busiest jobs, sitting at a highly advanced computer almost 24/7 doing god knows what. They are more busy than the actual Hunters themselves! Hell a single Navigator in the Hunter HQ sometimes gets assigned to several different Hunters across the globe! X, Zero, and Axl might get some downtime between each Maverick attack, but the Navigators will be busy even between most missions. Luckily they are assigned small breaks every now and then.

@S121

X: "I would... but I actually wouldn't... besides the last person who went on strike kind ended up stationed in the Antarctic... with only a few other people... Something happened to them. I don't know what, but it was some sort of alien parasite or something."

Comment

@ Alia

"Pssst. Hey. I can help you hide if you need a break and need to escape."
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ Isaac

"Yea well if Signas were to catch me sneaking off for a "break" we will both be in deep sh*t!"

Comment

"You would think that with all the technology they have that they'd be able to create Navigator AIs to help them. They could at least hire more people."
              sigpic

Comment

well then.. I need to sleep.. enjoy the night people
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Nighty night.
                  sigpic

Comment

Signas (leader of the Maverick Hunters): "We have and tried to make AI's just to serve as Navigators. Last time that happened a few went rogue and started singing "Daisy Bell" until we got X to shut it down. Okay that was an exaggeration, but the last time we did that Sigma was easily able to hack into them, and he practically ruined our entire base. At least with Reploids, and physical being to be used as Navigators we would be able to easily stop and contain them until we find out how to help them if they were to go rogue. With AI's installed into our computers bases and such we could be ruined if one of the AI's went rogue. It would be hard to pinpoint which AI it is, and how to stop it before it causes anymore damage. If an AI only Navigator were to go rogue we would be ruined before we could even stop it. As for hiring new people... It's quite hard to find people who meet the qualifications to work as a Navigator.

Comment

"Two words. Kill switches. If one goes rogue, kill it with the press of a button. You can also make them hack safe by having the kill switch activate if the switch is being tampered with. Let's say that a rogue AI tries to remove the kill switch. Bad move. BZZZZT!!! Of course, I'm not talking about the AI used in reploids, or like in X. I'm talking about your "dumb" variety, the ones that aren't actually alive."
                      sigpic

Comment

Signas: "That sounds like a good solution. I will be sure to let everyone know right away. However the funding to get the materials needed to make enough AI's will be a problem. Though I think we could handle it."

Comment

"I would ask for a promotion, but I don't work for you guys! Hahaha!"
                          sigpic

Comment

OK how many have I missed and what plot points have you guys trampled on?
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

We haven't done anything in the IC at all o-o We've just been doing a Role-Playing exercise where we interview each others characters, and we answer questions as our characters here in the IC.

Comment

I'm back!

Welcome back Wriggle.

We've been in OOC this whole time.

It's worth a read.

Here's where it starts.

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...-Game/page1124

You can still ask questions if you want.

It's actually fun.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X