X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engi-Con

"Right. Mima, you know of the prophecy that has been handed down 1600 years ago, right? The one about the Devourers?" Yukari asked. "You were alive and kicking back then, so you must know."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Engi-Con

"Nope." Mima replied. "I don't really care about that stuff."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Engi-Con

"Now that I think about it, you guys know more about Nitori than I do. Perhaps it would be better if you guys asked her.", John said.

"I'll try Isaac. He might listen, and he could be a big help later on."
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Engi-Con

"You know Isaac?" Nitori asked eagerly. "Are you his friend? Or maybe his colleague?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Engi-Con

John looked at Nitori.

"Not exactly. He's fixing Zero and we met before. Anyways, I need your help with something very important. This is the kind of situation where failure is not an option for us, so we need as many trustworthy people as possible. Are you willing to help?", John asked Nitori.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Engi-Con

"I... I kinda..." Nitori hesitated, as something vibrated.
              "Oh, that's me." Yukari laughed nervously, picking her cell phone up. "'Ello?"
              "This is Patchouli." A voice from the cell phone announced. "I got another bad news."
              "Okay. Shoot."

"The reason why the Devourer has not fallen is written in page 57 of the manuscript." Patchouli began. "The Devourer was actually one of the fallen angels in the Christian belief, called Glutoneriel. When everybody else was sentenced to go to hell, only Glutoneriel has been spared to serve an eternal penal service: ridding sinful thoughts in a person's mind."

"But Glutoneriel had a better idea: a subject. Something to rule over. The world. He wanted it, his greed was insatiable. So he did what any ambitious being would do: he made an army. But he knew it couldn't be just any army, it had to be perfect. Immaculate."

"Glutoneriel dared to improvise the Trinity System of the Christian beliefs into his use. He would be the Father, his subjugates will be the Son, and the ship that he uses, the Consumer, will be the Holy Spirit. As all three components are one, they are made to protect each other: The army protecting the Devourer, the Devourer protecting the Consumer, and the Consumer sheltering the army."

"So they are indestructable?"

"Not quiet. If you kill all the enemy Commander-level Nucleoids, the army is considered lost. Of course, you will have to go through pentillions of forces."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Engi-Con

John could hear the conversation.

"Then we'll need to give them the NOVA bomb before they get to Earth... I know how to make one. It'll destroy the flagship, destroying two of the links. At the very least, it will reduce their forces by over 90%. If we go on with the plan, I'll be the one to plant the bomb. It's too dangerous for everyone else. I have experience in these kinds of missions, suicide missions.", John said.
                sigpic

Comment

(I'm taking up a second workload, so I'm going to be multi-posting until Wonder comes back. In the meantime, I'm his channel of communication.)

Engi-con; Huey

I saw John talking to some others. I decided to go over to him.

"John, what are you doing here?"
                  Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 01:53 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Engi-Con

"That might be a possibility, but there is a loophole to that." Patchouli explained. "You see, the Devourer doesn't drift from space to space, they drift from dimensions to dimensions, so there is a chance that they could spawn right on top of us, metaphorically speaking. Detonating the bomb you speak of in that situation will result in the Earth being blown up as well."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Engi-con

"John, what are you doing here?", Huey asked.

"Huey? I need you to go to Yukari's Resort. Be there by 8:00 PM. This is very important. It could decide the fate of the world."

"You see, the Devourer doesn't drift from space to space, they drift from dimensions to dimensions, so there is a chance that they could spawn right on top of us, metaphorically speaking. Detonating the bomb you speak of in that situation will result in the Earth being blown up as well.", the voice on the phone said.

"Just like Slipspace. If that's the case, then I'll have to make a smaller bomb. I know how to make one that won't damage the Earth, I just have to adjust the yield of the warheads and reduce the amount of warheads used."
                      Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 01:58 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

(Wonder's Post)

"Oh, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that. Alright, I'll head over right awa-"

"Not so fast, Emmerich." A voice said from behind. It was the announcer! "I believe it is in order that you..."

The announcer's voice became more serious. "... Stuck around."
                        sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

John heard the announcer's voice as it dripped with malice.

John got ready for a fight, but kept his weapons holstered.

"Don't worry Huey, if the guy gives you trouble, he'll wish he didn't once I'm done with him.", John said to Huey.
                          sigpic

Comment

By Wonder.

"Whoa whoa whoa, you don't wanna hurt someone as fragile as me, would ya big guy? Why, I haven't done nothin wrong yet, and you don't seem to be the type to hurt the innocent. Isn't that right... Master Chief." The announcer then gave a big grin.
                            sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

"Just as long as you mind your manners and not threaten people. Your tone could easily be taken as a threatening one.", John said in a matter-of-fact tone.
                              sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

"Oh, I think you have bigger prolems than that. Like, oh, say... How did I know your name was Spartan-117 Master Chief John, perhaps?"

P.s. people are gonna look at this and say 'wtf is he doing with all those posts?'
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X