Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right, I was mentioning the difference between 4 years ago.

Anyway, closest reference I can do for the Arcains...
    ...would be a cross between the Psijic Order robes of The Elder Scrolls and Robin's Tactician outfit.

http://talentmovesllc.com/wp-content...kyrim-8016.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...daee7993d4.jpg

Now for physical distinctions...
    ...well...
    The only 100% known Arcain I have is Tina.
    If I do say that the Light and Dark Mages of Alcyon were Arcains, then Achlys would also be an Arcain, specifically Noxarc.

So if this is the case...
    ...I don't have any idea what could be a notable physical trait.

Edit:
    ...actually...

to take direct inspiration from Robin...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b994d8e5a...kc1o1_1280.png

The Brand. Or as I like to call it: the mark of Grima.
    Funny thing is, Robin wasn't the only one to bear it supposedly.
    According to DLC, it was like a birth-mark. Much like the Brand of the Exalt that Chrom, Lucina, and Emmeryn have (and it could be implied that Lissa and Owain have it as well).
    So maybe they have some sort of marking like a birth-mark...
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-10-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so the Acains are a race of magic that look guman, other than the birthmarks they carry on their bodies.

Does this sound good to you for a short discription? Do we need more?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

As much as I would want to have more variation... eh... probably should leave it at that.

...Maybe their "magic" is that they're more capable at manipulating Gaia and/or Anti Energy than all others... even superior to that of Prometheos...

Comment

@Cucoo

So they are able to more easily channel both energies.

Ok, so now we have the appearance and their primary ability. How are they physically compared to a human? Are they faster, stronger, smarter, more durable? Do they think differently or have different personalities? Do they age slower?
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

If I had to guess, probably more "fragile" by default, which would make Noxarc/Demonarc path very appealing to them...

That might be why they were easy to subdue... the Prometheos are like Demigods while Arcains are your stereotypical mage: physically inferior but "magically" superior.

They might be smarter in some respects, probably more creative...

...if only I had a more solid grasp of Tina, I could have used her as an example.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-11-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so they are much like humans, only they are more frail, but have a much greater command over the energies.

Are we missing anything about their physical traits and abilities? How are they mentally and psychologically? Also, how is their culture?
              sigpic

Comment

I think other traits would be more individual. For culture, I think it might be the Arcains that started the religion that has Venturia as their goddess. Still need a name for that religion... And I refuse to use Venturia in the name...

Comment

@Cucoo

Venturianism? Ventarianism?

Ok, how about Galitarianism? I'm just tossing words, so maybe we should first look at what their beliefs are. What is their religion like?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well if it's about Venturia, why not use some kind of trait, or something related to her as a basis for a name?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I came this close to saying Existentialism
                      But as soon as I thought it I remembered it's an actual thing.

Traits of Venturia or something related to her...

let's see...
                      - Was against the Void Project and thus was an advocate of the existence of other beings rather than the elimination of others so that Caeles were all that existed.
                      - Created the Gaia Computer

Comment

@Cucoo

What is the Latin word for "life" or "creation"?
                        sigpic

Comment

off the top of my head,
                          Vita means life.

Looking it up
                          Creation...
                          ...Creatio...
                          ...that almost seems wrong. But it... isn't...

Comment

@Cucoo

I would say Creationism, but that's already a thing.

How about the Latin word for Gaia?
                            sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

The roman equivalent of Gaia is Terra

...maybe I should settle for Venturianism...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Wait... promoting the existence of all races...

What is the Latin word for coexistence or coexist?

Also, I just saw the edit where you said you don't have a solid grasp or idea on Tina. What parts are she missing?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X