Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll admit I was starting to get defensive but in the end this helps add possibility to the Void

Your second edit actually hits on something I was considering but didn't see it working out.

To explain, I was looking at possible reasons for the Void Project.
    The most obvious was to wipe out all beings in the galaxy so that the Caeles were all that existed.
    The Unknown could have tried to go one...or infinitely... further

This is an addition that would work: What if the Unknown wanted to try and push how far it could go with the Void Project?
    It might have thought "Why stop at just a galaxy? Why not a universe? ...why not the entire multiverse?"
    If the Unknown controls the void, it controls everything needed to create an entire multiverse to its will.

It might have actually been wiping out universes in an attempt to reclaim everything so that it could recreate the multiverse.
    Our Universe might be next in line...

...shit this now sounds like Super Paper Mario with the-
    goddamit

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_Void

The Void is an inter-dimensional hole in the game Super Paper Mario. Its purpose is to increasingly grow in size and consume and destroy "all worlds" in accordance with a prophecy outlined in the Dark Prognosticus. The Void was created by the creation of the Chaos Heart, formed by Count Bleck through the forced marriage of Bowser to Princess Peach. According to Merlon, the center of The Void is where Castle Bleck is situated, or at least an area similar to such.

Comment

@Cucoo

Why are all the good ideas always taken?

Eh, in this day and age, I doubt there is anything original anymore.

Anyways, yea, sorry again about being overly skeptical. I have noticed that it has been a little bit of a trend lately. I'll try to keep that under control next time.

Ad for The Unknown, I think that sounds good...

Hmm... The Unknown being nothingness in a stable form might be the answer to defeating him... What if the SoS were not a way to stabilize The Unknown? What if it was a means to destabilize him enough to make him revert back into existence by bombarding him with high amounts of energy, or allow quantum processes to form within him?

If they cause quantum processes to form inside of him, it might actually create a Big Bang, leading to the creation of another universe. If that is the case, then they would have to fight him in The Void.

I guess my ideas are either that the SoS are a means to make The Unknown destabilize and disintegrate or revert back to normal, or as a means to turn The Unknown into the biggest bomb ever, spawning a universe from his remains.

What are your thoughts?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Definitely makes a lot more sense for the SoS.
        I mean, originally I was playing them out so that they were powerful enough to fuel the creation or destruction of the galaxy and that the Daedalus Project was meant to utilize them.

...wait

...The Daedalus Project...

Ok this is one hell of a twist if I can figure out how to support it...

Ok so the Daedalus Project...
        It was designed to utilize the power of the Shards of Starlight
        It's purpose was to wipe out Nihiliods and at the time the most effective means had been the GAIA Computer.

The Daedalus Project might be a second GAIA Computer. Not as effective or efficient as the original as it's hardly a perfect duplicate considering the original was locked away in the Manor of Eternity...
        But it would make some sense.

It could be the weaponized version of the GAIA Computer that instead of being a device that just resets the Galaxy, it now functions as a cannon of the same power, except concentrated.

It would be capable of firing the full power of the Shards of Starlight and then some.
        The power of destruction or creation...
        In one concentrated blast...

THE DAEDALUS PROJECT IS THE MEANS TO DEFEAT THE UNKNOWN

If it was modified
        to utilize not only the SoS
        But also the original GAIA Computer
        And if the original GAIA Computer was modified to somehow draw upon some greater power...

The blast from the Daedalus's main cannon, fired into the void, could destabilize it.
        There would only be one shot.

First: the GAIA Computer would have to be set-up and synchronized with the Daedalus Project.
        An army would have to protect it while it gathers energy, which would draw the attention of Nihiliods.

Second: The Shards of Starlight have to be recovered. The Unknown would most likely have located and set Nihiliod Queens to guard them. It would be more a challenge of retrieving the SoS from each Queen. Not necessarily on killing them.

Third: The raid on the ruins of the Daedalus Project. Currently it would be overrun with Nihiliods, drawn to it due to the large amount of Gaia and/or Anti Energy that it contains due to the 7 suns that normally keep it powered. This would be to secure it and then begin repairs.

Fourth: Modifying the Daedalus Project to synchronize with the GAIA Computer. This will take time as it was only made to handle the power of the 7 suns and the SoS. To add on the power of the supercharged GAIA Computer would most likely destroy the Daedalus Project upon firing. There would only be one shot.

Fifth: Opening a Fissure to the Void. Easier said than done. Attempting to locate the Fissure that leads to the void would be a challenge in of itself. And then making sure to only open it long enough for firing the Daedalus Project through it is key, for if opened for too long, the Unknown might launch an attack to 1) close the fissure and/or 2) destroy the Daedalus Project. If this happens, then it's game over.

Sixth: Firing the Daedalus Project. This would be the moment of truth for it would have to gather all energy to prepare for firing, the rift has to be opened at just the right time, and there will be no room for error. The Daedalus Project will be destroyed upon firing with the amount of energy gathered, thus eliminating any chance of a do-over.

...unless time travel but...
        Maybe there's no time to go back and try again because the void is about to claim the universe.
        All or Nothing.
        Literally.

... This...
        I like this...

Comment

@Cucoo

I think I do too.

As for The Void, where do you think it is located? To be honest, I think that The Void is the area outside all universes, the "outer rim". Considering that the Caeles built inside The Void, do you think they built a universe that is further away from all the other universes, perhaps starting it's own chain reaction of creating universes?

Back to my original question, do you think The Void is simply the "space" on the outskirts of the multiverse?
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

I think it might be that too.
            If the multiverse is a bubble spawned in the void, then it goes without saying the multiverse is surrounded by the void.
            Though I think... I think the Caeles built Heaven's Forge more towards the center. They might have had the foresight, should the void reclaim the multiverse, to buy themselves time. Or else egocentricity "we are at the center of the multiverse."

but now that I think about it, they could then fire off in any direction and hit the void...

Maybe they have to fire near where the Unknown's consciousness is. The equivalent of trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.
            And they might have limited range...

So they have to
            1) find the Unknown
            2) open a fissure where it is and fire quickly enough where it doesn't escape.

The number of things that could go wrong... and so easily could~

Something tells me that passage with the void might be Aion distracting the Void and giving a point where a fissure could open.

"You cannot escape me, Spawn of Venturia."

"Good. Because that's exactly what I want."

Oh snap...

Aion confronts the Void and sacrifices himself to give a point for the Rift Gate to link to.
            Aurora/ Tina sacrifices herself to ensure the Daedalus Project fires on time. Both die when it fires.

In the end, Aion and Tina die together.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-10-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

They would also need a way to restrain The Void's consciousness, at least long enough to hit The Unknown. Not unless Aion takes care of that too.

What are your thoughts? Would Aion also be able to buy them time?
              sigpic

Comment

Well if the Unknown is right there "talking" to Aion, that would be when they fire the cannon and then open the rift at Aion's location.

So Aion would have to go to the void moments before they're ready to fire.
                One catch...
                The Unknown communicates using the subject's thoughts, meaning it's in the person's head...
                Would that mean it could read his mind or should I say no to simplify a bit?

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Not unless Aion performs one last trick with his power over time, slowing the process in which nothingness affects him. He could then touch The Unknown, even grapple with him if need be. What are your thoughts?

Either that, or Aion creates a time bubble around them, forcing The Unknown to remain still.
                  sigpic

Comment

...I like the second

Because it would be like a slap to the Unknown's face.

"Time means nothing to the Void."

O' irony, thy sweet subtlety shall striketh like a sledge of hammer.

Comment

@Cucoo

Now that I think about it, it actually sounds a little cinematic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm already going through my music trying to pick out the one for the scene.
                        I might make the part two passage to the Void.

Just...gotta find the right song...

this is like the stereotypical woman trying to figure out what dress to wear, except instead of a woman, a man, and instead of dresses, music.

Also...
                        in the back of my mind...
                        I've had this image for like cover artwork...

It consisted of some of the characters to the left and right of Aion who was holding Mercurius up which seemed to divide Aion's face in two. Aion's eyes were two colors, right side grey/silver and left red.
                        In the background, above and behind Aion would be Aurora, and behind them both would be a Fissure of Time that had blinding light within.

...kinda seems suddenly relevant on multiple levels...

Comment

@Cucoo

How so?
                          sigpic

Comment

The Fissure with the blinding light.
                            That light would be the Daedalus Project firing.

Everything else about the background is pitch black, which could symbolize the void.

Aion and Aurora would be at the center, in front of the Fissure, symbolizing how they were the ones sacrificing themselves and that would be killed by the Daedalus Project.
                            The rest is just the cast of characters but it would be the kind of art that has that secret meaning...

...Now if only I could consistently draw characters...

Anyway, point is that with what we just came up with would add meaning to some details in this image I had in my head for artwork.

Comment

@Cucoo

Man, if only I knew how to texture...

I know how to model with Blender, due to me wanting to become a modder for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, but I could never learn how to UV map and how to export the models properly.

If I knew how to do that, then I would be able to make some pretty good pictures. I was already good with modeling. After all, it is simply a matter of positioning vertices and smoothing surfaces.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the extent of my knowledge of modeling is with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Autodesk Inventor...

One day I'll sit down and take the time to learn how to do it...
                                ...one day...

anyway, that aside...
                                tomorrow, when I figure out what song I think fits the situation, I'll write the second part to the passage "Void."

Starts out tense, transitions to dread, goes to uplifting hope, then sorrow, followed off with that last push of determination.

Comment

Working...
                                X