X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal Galaxy Project

actually part of me thought something similar.

Truth be told I think the only way to beat it would be to try and seal it the rest of the way into the SoS and then throw them into the void so that it no longer exists. Easier said than done because 1) you have to get to the void... Which i don't know how that would happen (might be by fissure...)
    2) you have to try and pull of what the Caeles couldn't.
    3) might be a one way trip. But that's minor.

...I don't think it really could be possible... Because the Unknown is... Unknown.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-06-2014, 01:54 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Yea, the funny thing is that I can't think of any other way of beating him other than essentially throwing these rocks of mass destruction at him. XD

Also, about the void itself, what would happen if someone were to enter it? Is there any way to safely enter, kind of like what the Caeles did?

Also, I might be able to upload pics of the ship's progress so far. So far, Ethan's ship looks like a giant metal pecan. XD

Why wouldn't what be possible?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Yeah I... Might just say that's how it's done. Of course the hard part is as I listed off.

Tbh...
        It seems so ridiculously simple it begs the question why it wasn't done already...

As for what happens when in the void... The closest I got to answering that is in the passage titled "Void"

And...
        Pecan? So it looks really strange?

I was referring to the fact that the Unknown at this point both exists and doesn't exist so it would be hard to capture it... Possibly being impossible to do so.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-06-2014, 02:07 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, not unless we dope up Ethan on Nihilid blood, then get him into a boxing match with the unknown. XD

also, no. I mean that it looks like a giant metal pecan. It is a giant, metal, double bullet boat space pecan. XD.

I'll try and get a pic soon.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

If Nihiliods even have blood...

Comment

@Cucoo

Well do they? You are the Canon creator on that matter.

I actually have an interesting question. Would eating a Nihilid kill you?

Are they toxic?

Also, I posted a pic of the ship in the Phoenix OOC.
              sigpic

Comment

Considering they live in you for two phases of their life cycle, not toxic.

And I think the entire parasite thing and rerouting internals through them is more "for show" rather than necessary.

They aren't organic thus have no need for it...
                They're doing it just to appear living.

And also for inciting fear.

Comment

@Cucoo

But they do need to remain in a body when they are young, so it's not entirely unecessary. Perhaps it is just to jumpstart their growth.

Anyways, I suppose eating them would be the equivalent of eating scrap then, huh? I don't know why I'm asking this question, it's just that it's late and I'm bored and curious. It's always nice to stretch the imagination and ask these questions every once in a while though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually I think it would be like eating whatever was their host.
                    The Nihliod itself would have the nutritional value of air but it would contain the organs of the host. So if you killed a Nihiliod that had a chicken for a host, then you're in luck.
                    ... As long as it's not rotting.

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Next point I said I was going to do a while ago but now have enough to do it

The Venturian Races

Starting with Arcains because Luminarcs, Noxarcs, and Demonarcs.

Going through the timeline, there was a political point during Era of the Dawn. Very little is mentioned afterwards due to concepts such as a majority of Arcains being wiped out with the Phoenix Incident. How there are alot of Demonarcs suddenly doesn't make sense at the moment.

Some additional information about them exist in the old Timeline. Will transcribe into a sort of Encyclopedia later.

Comment

@Cucoo

Sorry to suddenly break off topic, but I found something that might bring an entirely new concept to EG, as well as building upon others. This article states a lot of things, essentially putting existence on the same level as The Void. It also states how universes could be formed, multiverses, time and space bubbles, the inevitability of creation/existence, why the universe is actually flat, and a couple other things.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141...g-exist-at-all

What are your thoughts on this?
                        sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

...actually this supports everything currently in EG.

"Eternity is but an illusion.
                          For the Void is the end of time.
                          The Edge of Eternity."
                          Originally posted by Aion
                          There exists a theory that states the universe is in a constant cycle of creation and destruction. That the universe, when everything is created, it will eventually be destroyed. When everything is destroyed, it shall be reborn. Eternity exists for the universe. There is a beginning and an end to the cycle, but it loops forever.
                          But what if... what if the cycle wasn't truly eternal? What if the cycle did have a definitive beginning and a definitive end? What existed before, and what will exist after the ends of time itself? Nothing.
                          The void, the absence of existence, of everything. In our reality of existence, the void does not exist, yet it exists as a concept. A paradox in its own right, for to be the existence of non-existence contradicts itself. A maddening concept. Something that is the absolute end of all things that, in of itself, cannot be anything, for it is the very definition of nothing.

And this begs the question, if the void is nothing, then how can it be something?
                          A race of beings, Caeles, explored the concept of the void, and succeeded in giving this intangible concept a form in our plane of existence.
                          One of the Caeles ultimately became nothing; an intangible entity. an embodiment of the void.
                          How is this possible? It should be impossible to give the absence of existence an existence!
                          And yet, it happened.
                          Or perhaps it didn't. For there exists no records of this Caeles. The identity of this Caeles has been lost to us. It was as if the existence of this individual has been erased, as if they never existed.
                          But we know that this Caeles did exist, for we are speaking of it now. So it did exist, but now... it does not.
                          But again, the paradox still remains. If this one Caeles does not exist, then why do we speak of it as though it did exist at all?

We could try to argue both sides for eternity.
                          But that raises the last question...
                          If the void has proof of its existence through the individual Caeles that became the void, then does that mean that eternity itself does not exist if the void came before time itself?
                          Does this mean that eternity is not forever?

Does this mean that there is an end?

Have we found the edge of eternity?
                          It literally answers the question.
                          Though it does adjust part of it...

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-08-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

From what I read, it is an eternal cycle where something is created from nothing. My only concern is over nothingness, and what happens when a universe stops expanding.

At least from what I've read, nothingness is inherently unstable, yet is, at least as far as the Void is concerned, a primordial condition or force. As for what is supposed to happen to a universe after "inflation", I don't really know. Can these quantum bubbles rupture?

This is the interesting part. Can something be created from the void, due to existence being inevitable, and if so, is there an equivalent to The Void, a sort of counterpart to it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Our notion of eternity is that time does not end.
                              Also, a prior theory is that the universe expanded and is now receding which would lead to another big bang after everything comes back togeter.
                              The notion was that the Universe didn't end, simply restart. This new concept would mean that the universe WOULD end and return to the void. Therefore, eternity is a lie as time does not exist in the void and therefore the return to the void would be the end of time.

The creation and destruction of universes is a eternal cycle, but time is not.

Our existence will end if this theory is true.

Also there was a part that described time which supports the possibility of fissures.

And thus by what it said about it, the Void is the "mother of existence."
                              That which is the absence of existence gave birth to it, and will consume it.
                              It's ability to spawn things like Nihiliods isn't farfetched now.

Comment

@Cucoo

Yet, according to eternal inflation, as that first spark started, it has become a cascade and can not be stopped.

Granted, the universe will eventually die, but that would not be the end of eternity, as new universes would form within the "empty space", and that process would continue for those universes as well.

As for returning to the void, that may be inaccurate. Everything started from nothing, but by the Big Crush theory you are using, everything would simply slam back together, then expand again, not being turned into nothing. It would cycle between creation and destruction, not existence and nonexistence.

The Void was the beginning, but does not seem to be the end. The Void seems to be the point in time before existence took the stage, and before creation and destruction made their eternal cycle.

Now that I think about it, this may be delving into philosophy.

EDIT:

Not only that, they have found that we have a flat universe, meaning that it will expand forever, removing The Big Crunch from the equation altogether.

Look up "Ultimate fate of the universe".

Double Edit:

Now that I think about it, I may have been skeptical to the point of attacking your ideas. I see that it has been happening lately, so I think it is time to take a step back and be constructive instead of overly skeptical.

I stand by all I have previously said, but I have one idea that will keep both my idea and yours true.

The Void may have been the start of everything, but infinite inflation will occur, and the old universes will die by heat death/whatever, but as these universes die, eternity continues on like a never ending chain reaction. That is the natural process. That may be the natural process, but what if it no longer applies? The Void, Nothingness now has a consciousness - The Unknown - and it wants The Void to take it all back. What if The Unknown wants to break eternity, wipe it all out, and plunge everything back into nothingness, this time for eternity? Nothingness may be inherently unstable, but The Unknown is nothingness brought into a stable form. The Unknown actually has the power to make nothingness stable.

What are your thoughts?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X