Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

So the humans came to the galaxy because it came back... right? :confused :

Anyways, I read it a while back, but it has been a long time, so bits and pieces are a little hazy. How is the timeline now?

Wait. Some of the original races still exist? 0-0
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Sentient species can be difficult to wipe out completely, and considering we're talking about a galaxy-wide thing, i'd be more amazed if they didn't survive.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Eh, true. After all, it didn't wipe out the Nihilids.

Life is a little bit like a virus. If you don't nip it in the bud, it will spread exponentially, and even killing all of it off can be an ordeal in itself. (Sorry to sound dark or cynical about it. )
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ S1

Yea. well more like everyone capable of space travel and colonization pretty much.

As for the original races. I think I put that there because I was going with the concept that some people did survive the "Inevitable Conclusion" i.e. Zoe Aquala, Ignis Leonares, etc.
          ...actually that's something that I haven't defined. The Inevitable Conclusion. I currently define it loosely as an event that occurs at the end of the Era of Echoes that leads to the decay of the Galaxy.
          Notions I'm toying with are Nihiliods wipe out everything. Or the Caeles known as the Void plays a part here and actually does something other than commanding the Nihiliods.

And maybe ya should just take a second look at the timeline here
          http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post86884
          Look at the "original" and then the "Void"
          I haven't transferred information yet.

EDIT:
          I really must look over my own timeline again. I'm making connections that my subconscious left behind.
          "Phoenix Incident"
          Arcain Revolt: Began by Humans. The revolt that is later named the Phoenix Incident starts as a means to liberate the Arcains from Prometheos oppression. Cicero, Nero, and Sarah attempt to use the revolt as cover for their attempt to obtain access to the GAIA Computer, a large system that is capable of manipulating the very fabric of existence of the entire Venturian Galaxy through manipulation of both Gaia and Anti Energy. Originally, the revolt was dismissed by the Council of Twelve as a mere rumor. However, Aion Leonares begins investigating and starts to find out about Cicero's scheme to gain access to the GAIA Computer.

When the Council acknowledges the Phoenix Revolt as an actual threat, Aion chooses to remain neutral for fear of upsetting his Arcain servants, especially his head maid Tina, whom he has growing feelings for.

When the Revolution turned into open hostilities, a renegade group targeted the House of Eternity for the reasoning of "not choosing a side." The attack resulted in the death of Tina and most of Aion's servants.
          Aion's original mortal form was also killed during this.
          - This was not to Cicero's plans. Without Aion, he feared for the stability of the Galaxy's place in the natural timeline of the universe. Without the Master of Time, he feared that Time itself would start to erode away at the galaxy. "Time is a beast and we just killed its master." - Cicero
          Now that I realized I had this all put together nicely...

So now I know why and when the barrier was placed.
          It was to protect the Galaxy from decaying due to the lack of a Master of Time.

Fissures in Time begin to form, creating openings into parallel timelines of the Galaxy.

A mysterious human begins to catalogue the occurances of these rifts and looks into adapting Aura Tech to manipulate these Fissures to his own benefit.
          However, his tamperings with the rifts awakened a new race of beings: Caeles
          The first that came through was drawn to the Human's greed and fed on it.

The people of Venturia then fought to seal away what they refered to as a Demon. They used the Shards of Starlight to do so.

The technology created during this incident was later repurposed to continue the advancement of society.
          When Aurora noticed this, she created a barrier to cut off the unstable galaxy from the rest of the universe.

Humans arrived before this incident 120 years ago.

and I noticed an error in my reference dates...so fixed that.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-16-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Holy crap Cucoo, your timeline lagged this phone and almost crashed it! XD

I can't see the timeline. As soon as I open the spoiler, everything lags horribly. 0-0

Can you give me a summary?
            sigpic

Comment

I can do that with the new timeline

ok so it goes like this:

Spoiler:

RY = Reference Year

RY -X
              Void
              The Caeles society advances to a point where they become god-like.

One delves into the notion of the void and studies it and attempts to replicate it.
              The Caeles that does this eventually succeeds and becomes the embodiment of the void.

This consumes his/her identity and therefore he becomes simply known as that which he/she became, the Void.

Nihil
              - Nihiliods are created from the Void as destroyers of life.

GAIA Computer and Heaven's Forge are created to combat the Nihiliods.

The First Phoenix Incident occurs, activated by a Caeles known as Venturia, in an attempt to fight back the Nihiliod infection.
              It is mostly successful.

RY 0
              Arcains and Prometheos evolve from the recreated galaxy
              Seeing these new beings growing in the new Galaxy, the Caeles retreat to an alternative timeline so as to not interfere with the evolution of these new beings.

RY 10,000
              Corlaviri and the rediscovery of the GAIA Computer
              The crystalline substance known as Corlaviri is discovered by Arcains and the GAIA Computer is found by Prometheos on the Planet Nox of Venion system.

RY 12,120
              A wayward scientific expeditionary group of Humans arrive in the galaxy.
              Among them were Mike Warr (Cicero), Ryan Cyke (Nero), and Sarah Trinity.

RY 12,123
              "Phoenix Incident"
              Arcain Revolt: Began by Humans. The revolt that is later named the Phoenix Incident starts as a means to liberate the Arcains from Prometheos oppression. Cicero, Nero, and Sarah attempt to use the revolt as cover for their attempt to obtain access to the GAIA Computer, a large system that is capable of manipulating the very fabric of existence of the entire Venturian Galaxy through manipulation of both Gaia and Anti Energy. Originally, the revolt was dismissed by the Council of Twelve as a mere rumor. However, Aion Leonares begins investigating and starts to find out about Cicero's scheme to gain access to the GAIA Computer.

When the Council acknowledges the Phoenix Revolt as an actual threat, Aion chooses to remain neutral for fear of upsetting his Arcain servants, especially his head maid Tina, whom he has growing feelings for.

When the Revolution turned into open hostilities, a renegade group targeted the House of Eternity for the reasoning of "not choosing a side." The attack resulted in the death of Tina and most of Aion's servants.
              Aion's original mortal form was also killed during this.
              - This was not to Cicero's plans. Without Aion, he feared for the stability of the Galaxy's place in the natural timeline of the universe. Without the Master of Time, he feared that Time itself would start to erode away at the galaxy. "Time is a beast and we just killed its master." - Cicero

Sarah dies when Cicero activates the GAIA Computer.

Nyx, Aion's Mother, guided Aion's spirit to the Passages of Fate so that it might survive and be reborn in a new mortal body. This is to keep the last Master of Time in the plane of existence so that Time does not fall apart.

Birth of New Venturia. Dawn of the Life Hackers.
              Destruction of Original Venturia.
              Cicero shapes new Venturia using Aurora.

RY 12,124
              Two of Cicero's friends before the Phoenix incident, known as Aetheron and Erebos, take up the duty of preventing Cicero from modifying the Galaxy any further by sealing the GAIA Computer in the Manor of Eternity.

End Purpose of the Phoenix Incident: Cicero's attempt to create a Utopian Society to eliminate suffering.

RY 12,125
              New races evolve from the recreated galaxy
              - Vatian
              - Irian
              - Papillian

The Manor of Eternity is used as a safe house for the GAIA Computer.

Cicero cannot enter normally.

The Manor is transported to a pocket dimension where it is not affected by the flow of time normally.

Gate to the Manor of Eternity on Dua
              A passageway to the Manor of Eternity is on an island on the planet Dua.

This serves as a tether for the actual Manor of Eternity to reality, as well as a gateway to it.

The Mirror Sea is protected by a barrier to deter outsiders from finding the Isle of Spirits, the location of the gateway to the Manor of Eternity.

Remnants of the Dual City which originally housed the GAIA computer are on the planet Nox.

Two massive Corlaviri Crystals that serve as a basis for Aura energy outside the Manor of Eternity are created on Alcyon.
              The Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness.

The Crystals were created by Luminarcs and Noxarcs.

Morpheus's Conscious is born from the Ethereal Darkness.

The Twin Sisters, Hedone and Peitho, are born from the Eternal Light.

RY 12,130

The Passage of Fate
              Cicero, Aetheron, and Erebos are aware of the Passage of Fate and have seen the coming of the War of Eternity (Fear of the return of Nihiliods).

Cicero does not want the war to come to pass. Yet Aetheron and Erebos want it to happen just to break the affect of the Phoenix Incident.

Cicero creates the Blood Tome as a book of prophecy.

The Blood Tome circulates through the galaxy as Cicero attempts to prevent the War of Eternity.

RY 12,500
              The Twin Sisters, Hedone and Peitho, discover the Blood Tome and plan to start the war of eternity so that they can utilize the paranoia caused by the Nihiliods to their own ends and they plan to control it.

RY 12,666
              Earth Destroyed

RY 12,740
              Human survivors reach Venturia

RY 12,750
              Aura Tech is advanced.
              The Venturian Empire accepts Humans as a prominant race.

RY 12,756
              Forterium Metal and Corlaviri Crystals are utilized in all aspects of society. From average life to warfare.

RY 12,780

Fissures in Time begin to form, creating openings into parallel timelines of the Galaxy. A mysterious human begins to catalogue the occurrences of these rifts and looks into adapting Aura Tech to manipulate these Fissures to his own benefit.However, his tampering with the rifts led to the rediscovery of the Caeles, who had hidden themselves in one of the alternative timelines that can be reached through the rifts. This also led to the release of the Void and a renewed outbreak of Nihiliods. The people of Venturia then fought along with the Caeles to contain the threat of the Void utilizing the artifacts of Heaven's Forge. The technology created during this incident was later repurposed to continue the advancement of society.

This is the first outbreak of Nihiliods the new people of the Venturian Galaxy experience.

Aurora creates the boundary that severs the tie of the Galaxy to the timeline of the rest of the Universe. This is to help contain the issue of the Fissures of Time.

RY 12,790
              Aetheron takes in two humans, Sol and Luna and trains them to use Gaia and Anti Energy

He does this to prepare for the War of Eternity.
              They become Guardians of Time and, against Aetheron's orders, interact with the people and help them.

RY 12,825
              Heaven's Forge
              Artifacts derived from a place refered to as Heaven's Forge are brought to Venturia through the Fissures of Time.
              The Starchild (Caeles) Anankerisa brings Mercurius.
              Aetheron and Erebos retrieve Arke.
              Aion's soul travels through the rift and retrieves the spirtual essence of Iris as he could not obtain the physical artifact itself.

An artifact that would be later retrieved by Selene was also created. It was named Aeternitas.

The Artifacts were designed to help defeat the Nihiliods and later as an attempt to defeat the Void.
              The Shards of Starlight were also created and used to imprison the Void.

RY 12,826

War of Eternity begins
              Nihiliods Quarantined on a planet in the Egale System
              Rifts become less stable
              Prophecy of the Void's return circulates through the use of the Blood Tome
              Fear of this leads to hysteria among many. Many rush to try and develop weapons to fight the Nihiliods.

Fortress of Nox
              Isolated and protected from Nihiliods

At the beginning of the War, Erebos fortifies the former Dual City. Now the City of Dusk, Erebos presides over it as the Lord of the realm and makes it a haven for all people. He then Isolates it.

RY 96,136

Nihiliods break free of Quarantine

Venturian Council
              Last Priestess/ Empress
              Last of the Papilians
              Lady Avonna

RY 108,403
              Orion's Legacy
              Defeat of Twin Sister's ideology on how to destroy Nihiliods after they realize that they cannot be controlled.

RY 108,404
              Sol takes the Blood Tome and attempts to find a way to destroy the Nihiliods by entering Heaven's Forge to obtain the artifact Iris.
              He succeeds in retrieving the physical form of Iris, however Aion still holds the other half.
              Sol uses the power of Iris to try and force a Caeles to fight the Nihiliods for them. He uses it to influence the mind of Anankerisa.
              Luna attempted to stop him, but she was quickly defeated by Sol with the power of Iris at his command.

RY 109,242
              War of Alcyon
              Rise of Ethereal Darkness
              Achlys's answer to Nihiliod threat on Alcyon by using the raw power of the Ethereal Darkness to defeat the "Plague"

Senari Republic's decline
              Bio-Computer takes over and attempts to convert populace to cyborgs in order to defeat Nihiliods.

Renegades of Sol Incineron
              Belief that there is no hope
              Anarchy reigns

Noble Guardian Order
              Daedalus Project
              Massive battle station meant to destroy Nihiliods

Venturian Empire
              Seeks to Quarantine Nihiliods again and attempt to keep them that way

RY 109,250

Hunt for the Lost Artifacts
              The Shards of Starlight resurface and are sought after by both the Noble Guardian Order and Venturian Empire to aid there causes

Achlys's defeat
              Aion turns to aid Kiara
              Kiara restores the Eternal Light over the Ethereal Darkness

Liberation of the Republic
              Eleos destroys the Bio-Computer at great cost.
              The Republic is liberated
              No one remains

RY 109,253
              Discovery of the first Shard of Starlight on Alcyon

Discovery of the Second Shard of Starlight on Senarious

Discovery of the Third Shard of Starlight on Inopia

Discovery of the Fourth Shard of Starlight on Nox
              Mercurius Breaks
              Aion travels into the Manor of Eternity's Halls of Darkness in order to reforge the blade

Attack of Venturian Empire against the Daedalus Project
              Venturian Empire loses

Discovery of the Fifth Shard of Starlight on Conlustrare
              Venturian Empire regroups

Discovery of the Sixth Shard of Starlight at Sedes Imperii
              Last stand against Daedalus Project
              Venturian Empire wins
              Aion dies to Revere

RY 109,254
              Alternate version of Venturian Galaxy discovered
              All who died in Venturia are found here
              Rift realm
              The Void's resting place

Aion recovers memories and challenges the Void

RY 109,258
              Echoes of Time
              The final struggle to destroy the Nihiliods and the Void.

Aion hunts down Sol to recover the physical half of Iris.
              In the process, he defeats Anankerisa and stops Sol from using the GAIA Computer in the Sanctuary of Light.

Aurora then raised the GAIA Computer from the vault under the Sanctuary. She uses it to teleport the group out of the Sanctuary and then seals them out.
              Nero, who had been waiting in the Halls of Time, explains that she is preparing to initilize the Phoenix Code to "restore" the Galaxy so that it would return to the way it was in the New Era.

Luna uses the last of her power and life force to breach the seal that Aurora had placed on the Sanctuary of Light.
              Aion takes Mercurius and Arke and damages the GAIA Computer in an attempt to destroy it. Nero however, stops him by activating the vault's barrier to contain both Aurora and the GAIA Computer.

RY 109,300
              Ignis, the daughter of Aion and Selene, is sent to a neighboring Galaxy, by utilizing the Manor of Eternity's time portals, in an attempt to keep her away from the remaining troubles of Venturia as it begins to decay.
              Selene's Pocket Watch, Aeternitas, is given to Ignis.

RY 110,240
              "Fall of the Boundary"
              The Boundary that had been created by Aurora finally disipates. This allows Venturia to re-enter the natural timestream of the rest of the Universe. It also allows for colonists to enter the Galaxy. At this time, the Venturian Galaxy is in ruins. Even though the Galaxy appears deserted, some of the original races still exist.

RY 110,555

"Grey Phoenix"
              Ignis, using an alternate identity as a man named Grey, leads various archaeological expeditions throughout Venturia. She is attempting to find a way to enter the Manor of Eternity in order to see if she can find out what has become of her father after all these years.
              She discovers the Shards of Starlight through these expeditions. She uses them to enter the Manor. However, when brought within the Sanctuary, the concentration of Gaia and Anti Energy releases the seal on the Shards of Starlight, releasing the Void.

And that's the summary.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-16-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

That was quite a lot to type. Why are you screaming internally?

Anyways, I see what you mean about The Void. It kind of does make everything fit together.

To be honest, I don't know what to say because my mind is still trying to process it all.

So this Void... was it originally an entity? Did it have a consciousness before the Caeles tampered with it? What is the Void?
                sigpic

Comment

To answer that I had this
                  Originally posted by Aion
                  There exists a theory that states the universe is in a constant cycle of creation and destruction. That the universe, when everything is created, it will eventually be destroyed. When everything is destroyed, it shall be reborn. Eternity exists for the universe. There is a beginning and an end to the cycle, but it loops forever.
                  But what if... what if the cycle wasn't truly eternal? What if the cycle did have a definitive beginning and a definitive end? What existed before, and what will exist after the ends of time itself? Nothing.
                  The void, the absence of existence, of everything. In our reality of existence, the void does not exist, yet it exists as a concept. A paradox in its own right, for to be the existence of non-existence contradicts itself. A maddening concept. Something that is the absolute end of all things that, in of itself, cannot be anything, for it is the very definition of nothing.

And this begs the question, if the void is nothing, then how can it be something?
                  A race of beings, Caeles, explored the concept of the void, and succeeded in giving this intangible concept a form in our plane of existence.
                  One of the Caeles ultimately became nothing; an intangible entity. an embodiment of the void.
                  How is this possible? It should be impossible to give the absence of existence an existence!
                  And yet, it happened.
                  Or perhaps it didn't. For there exists no records of this Caeles. The identity of this Caeles has been lost to us. It was as if the existence of this individual has been erased, as if they never existed.
                  But we know that this Caeles did exist, for we are speaking of it now. So it did exist, but now... it does not.
                  But again, the paradox still remains. If this one Caeles does not exist, then why do we speak of it as though it did exist at all?

We could try to argue both sides for eternity.
                  But that raises the last question...
                  If the void has proof of its existence through the individual Caeles that became the void, then does that mean that eternity itself does not exist if the void came before time itself?
                  Does this mean that eternity is not forever?

Does this mean that there is an end?

Have we found the edge of eternity?

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, I think I see. It's kind of like what was said in ATWAG, "came from darkness, will return to it."

Now here's an interesting thought. What is nothingness made out of? What is the Void made out of? Is it matter, or energy? Surely it would be made of something for it to be able to exist in our universe. It is tangible, right?

Maybe it's made out of something that can be something and nothing at the same time, two states at once. (More quantum stuff, yay. )
                    sigpic

Comment

Only the Unknown Caeles is the tangible aspect of the void.
                      It is the proof of the existence of non-existence.

It still remains a paradox, much like "This statement is false."

The Nihiliods are a part of this as well. They serve the Unknown Caeles.

So only certain aspects are tangible. The Unknown Caeles is caught between existence and non-existence. It has been trapped in the Shards of Starlight somehow...

What little physical remnants that do exist, perhaps?

Comment

@Cucoo

Physical remnants of the Void, or the Shards of Starlight?

I also had an interesting thought. What would happen if a person came into contact with nothingness, or The Void? Would it be like touching antimatter?
                        sigpic

Comment

*physical remnants trapped in the Shards of Starlight.

Is what I meant to say.

And to say you can come into contact with the void is a contradiction.
                          Although with the fact that the unknown Caeles exists....
                          You would never have existed.

The unknown caeles was not erased completely so small fragments of its existence remains, but all other knowledge of it was lost.

So worse than antimatter.

Comment

@Cucoo

So the "Deader than Dead" trope would apply here?

I guess the question now is how he/she/it will be released and regain enough energy to become more than fragments?
                            sigpic

Comment

And that is partially answered
                              Ignis and whoever else inadvertently brings the shards of starlight to the GAIA Computer.
                              Thats what frees it from the prison.
                              And I don't think its in its best interest to become more than fragments.

Comment

@Cucoo

Why is that?

Oh, and I also reread the timeline. I see where that part is mentioned.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X