• Show
Clear All

Spoiler: Cynthia, the Orchid Champion

Name: Wriggurun

Timezone: PST

NPC Character: Cynthia

Game of Origin: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Power:

Cynthia doesn't have any abilities on her own. However, when she commandeers her Pokemon in battles, her versatility in strategy is unmatched. Goes to show how hard being a Pokemon Champion is.

Weapons: POKEMON ARE NOT TOOLS

Spoiler: Pokemon Team

Basic Info:
    Pokemon: Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokemon
    Nickname: Hades
    Type: Dark/Ghost
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Pressure - Increase PP Usage
    Held Item: Leftovers

Moves:
    Sleep Talk -
    Will-o-Wisp - The user shoots a sinister, bluish-white flame at the target to inflict a burn.
    Foul Play - The user turns the target's power against it. The higher the target's Attack stat, the greater the move's power.
    Rest - The user goes to sleep for two turns. This fully restores the user's HP and heals any status conditions.

Biology:
    Height: 1 meters or 3.3 feet
    Weight: 108 kg or 238.1 lb

Description:

Pressure in this RP will be related to nervousness of the opponent. Even those that feel no fear in battle and remain calm under all circumstances will feel antsy and miss their attacks.

Basic Info:
    Pokemon: Milotic, the Tender Pokemon
    Nickname: Aphrodite
    Type: Water
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Marvel Scale - Increase physical defense when suffering a status ailment
    Held Item: Leftovers

Moves:
    Scald - The user shoots boiling hot water at its target. This may also leave the target with a burn.
    Ice Beam - The target is struck with an icy-cold beam of energy. This may also leave the target frozen.
    Toxic - A move that leaves the target badly poisoned. Its poison damage worsens every turn.
    Recover - Restoring its own cells, the user restores its own HP by half of its max HP.

Biology:
    Height: 6.2 meters or 20.34feet
    Weight: 162 kg or 357.15 lb

Description:

Marvel Scale toughens Aphrodite's scales when she is afflicted with abnormal condition.

Basic Info:
    Pokemon: Lucario, the Aura Pokemon
    Nickname: Hercules
    Type: Steel/Fighting
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Justified - Increase Attack when hit by dark-type move
    Held Item: Life Orb

Moves:
    Swords Dance - A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. This sharply raises the user's Attack stat.
    Close Combat - The user fights the target up close without guarding itself. This also lowers the user's Defense and Sp. Def stats.
    Extremespeed - The user charges the target at blinding speed. This move always goes first
    Bullet Punch - The user strikes the target with tough punches as fast as bullets. This move always goes first.

Biology:
    Height: 1.6 meters or 5.25 feet
    Weight: 60 kg or 132.27 lb

Description:

Justified increases Hercules' attack when the victim he is trying to protect is under more and more heinous crimes. Therefore, he does not emit his fullest of power when he is sparring.

Basic Info:
    Pokemon: Togekiss, the Jubilee Pokemon
    Nickname: Athena
    Type: Fairy/Flying
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Serene Grace - Increase move's secondary effect
    Held Item: Life Orb

Moves:

Air Slash - The user attacks with a blade of air that slices even the sky. This may also make the target flinch.
    Dazzling Gleam - The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash.
    Thunder Wave - The user launches a weak jolt of electricity that paralyzes the target.
    Roost - The user lands and rests its body. It restores the user’s HP by up to half of its max HP.

Biology:
    Height: 1.5 meters or 4.9 feet
    Weight: 38 kg or 83.8 lb

Description:

Serene Grace just gives Athena really good luck. Like, 60% of John's luck.

Basic Info:
    Pokemon: Roserade, the Bouquet Pokemon
    Nickname: Demeter
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Held Item: Choice Specs (Moves are a lot more powerful, but Demeter is stuck to that move)

Moves:

Leaf Storm - The user whips up a storm of leaves around the target. The attack's recoil harshly lowers the user's Sp. Atk stat.
    Sludge Bomb - Unsanitary sludge is hurled at the target. This may also poison the target.
    Hidden Power Fire - A unique attack that varies in type depending on the Pokémon using it.
    Rest - The user goes to sleep for two turns. This fully restores the user's HP and heals any status conditions.

Biology:
    Height: 0.92 meters or 3 feet
    Weight: 14 kg or 30.86 lb

Description:

Natural Cure allows Demeter to heal through the battle's adverse effects. She is entirely immune to poison and can heal through other real life status effects such as blindness, concussion, and bleeding faster than even the Spartans.

Basic Info:

Pokemon: Garchomp, the Land Shark Pokemon
    Nickname: Ares
    Type: Dragon/Ground
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Rough Skin - Attacks that make contact has thorn effect.
    Mega Ability: Sand Force - Increase damage while sandstorm is occuring.
    Held Item: Garchompite

Moves:
    Draco Meteor - Comets are summoned down from the sky onto the target. The attack's recoil harshly lowers the user's Special Attack stat.
    Earthquake - The user sets off an earthquake that strikes those around it.
    Fire Blast - The target is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. This may also leave the target with a burn.
    Stone Edge - The user stabs the target with sharpened stones from below. Critical hits land more easily.

Biology:

Height: 4.5 meters or 14.96 feet
    Weight: 285 kg or 628.32 lb

Weaknesses:

Cynthia has Pokemon with different types so one kind of element will not work all the time. The key is to be as versatile as her or use overwhelming force against her Pokemon.

Because of the game's nature, the Pokemon are hard to kill. The closest they will reach to death is a long-term faint, or a Poke-coma. Cynthia herself, however, is vulnerable.

Appearances:

Spoiler:

Personality:

Cynthia may look cold and calculating, but in reality she is caring, comforting, and maybe even goofy at times.

Morality: Neutral Good

Biography: Cynthia received words that a new area in Spear Pillar appeared. Together with Professor Rowan, she traveled up the Mt. Coronet to find a weird swirling portal never before seen. Despite Professor Rowan's warnings, Cynthia approached the portal...

Then she woke up. In this strange new world where there are no Pokemon roaming the wild... instead the Pokemon are prevalent in old relics called DS and Gameboys. Interesting world. What other hidden history can she find in this new world? Until she finds a way home, her goal will be to travel and find as many intriguing stories of this "real" world.

Trauma: None

Notes: Her theme is pretty epic. Will add here when I get on computer.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Name: SereneGrace though you can call me Serena or Jasmine.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (Florida sucks)

NPC Character of Choice: Taokaka

Game of Origin: Blazblue

Power: Unlike most characters, Taokaka does not have much in the way of abilities compared to the rest of the cast of Blazeblue (and possibly even this RP), although she is still able to utilize seithr (a natural flowing energy in her world) according to Kokonoe and Litchi (characters from her game.) She relies on her inborn instincts as opposed to a trained fighting style, and she naturally uses seithr, even without a formal education as to how. Her hands and feet also have large retractable metal claws. What's more, is that these claws seem to change slightly depending on what attack she wants to do at the time; even though they seem to default as curved, knife-sized flat metal blades, they can also appear as serrated saws, "can-opener" style hooks, or even more ornate blades that resemble arrowheads. What she lacks in strength, she makes up for in agility and speed and extreme mobility, wailing on her opponents and catching them off guard with lightning fast, unpredictable maneuvers and techniques.

Her speed and agility is similar to that of a cat. Being far faster than a normal human (capable of running as fast as an Olympic runner), and she has the senses and mobility of a cat to boot making her quite threatening with her weaponry and unpredictable maneuvers. Also much like a cat she has a sort of Sixth Sense. Able to detect ones presence even if they are out of sight, sometimes it works well to the point where she can detect someone when magic can't as shown in n Chronophantasma, when Taokaka displays an unusually keen sixth sense. She was able to sense the Imperator (a person of great power and rank) despite Rachel (another character in the games), a powerful being capable of using magic, not even noticing the Imperator's presence. This Sixth Sense can also help her tell if a person is bad or not as she would claim they "smell like trouble."

Weapons: As mentioned above Taokaka has sharp metal claws in her "hands" and feet. These claws can take the form of many different kinds of weaponry such as curved, knife-sized flat metal blades, they can also appear as serrated saws, "can-opener" style hooks, or even more ornate blades that resemble arrowheads.

Weaknesses: Tao is fast, unpredictable, and dangerous in close range. However she has some significant weaknesses. For one she is prone to getting angered quite easily, as well as quite easily distracted. Simple things like a butterfly flying into her line of sight could easily distract her from a fight, leaving her vulnerable to attack. She also lacks any real means of ranged combat, as such she uses her high speed to close the distance between her and her opponent then striking with her sharp blades. She is also quite frail and has relatively low stamina, tiring out quite easily. She also tends to get angered and distracted more easily the hungrier she gets.

Appearance: She stands at 5ft 7

Personality: Taokaka is the personification of innocence in the BlazBlue world. She is a happy-go-lucky catgirl who only wishes the best for her friends and family. Her only desire is to protect those she holds dear to her heart, or who offer her food (although in her mind anyone who offers her food is a good person).

Unfortunately, she is also the least intelligent character in BlazBlue. Like most cats, Taokaka's daily routine consists of eating and sleeping, and she can, and often will, forget anything she does or is told to do within three steps or seconds. Of course, it goes without saying that she is not totally dumb. Taokaka often gives nicknames to those she meets so she can try to easily remember them later. She does actually know who they are, but prefers the nickname routine.

Of course, much of her simple-minded traits can be compared to how a cat's mindset actually works, especially when it comes to how fascinated by things she can be (such as a pair of breasts) or how her mind tends to seemingly drift away from more serious things.

Morality: Good, if not neutral.

Biography: A resident of the Kaka Village and member of the Kaka Tribe, Taokaka is a catgirl, wearing a large coat that obscures her face, only exposing red eyes and a row of sharp teeth; whether or not this is her true face is still a mystery. She wants to get back the sky above her village, which was sealed off. She was sent by the Kaka Elder to retrieve the bounty on Ragna's head, becoming a vigilante in the process. Despite this resolve, she is considerably food-obsessed and forgetful, often falling asleep on a whim, becoming hungry moments after a meal, or forgetting details moments after hearing them because. She became good friends with a woman named Litchi, who she oh so affectionately referring to her as "Boobie Lady".

She does not seem to refer to anyone other than herself by name and creates nicknames for people she meets. She is unable to recognize that Ragna, the "good-guy", and "Rawgnya", the criminal, are the same person, though there were times she seemed to know but did not care. Interesting to note is the fact that the Kaka tribe, which she hails from, is actually genetically engineered from the genes of the original Grimalkin (the name that refers to the species of the Kaka tribe), Jubei, one of the Six Heroes. As a clan, they are copies of each other, and cannot reproduce above one hundred members.

Now she is in the real world somewhere. Being around in the real world for 3 years so... yeah...

Traumas: Uh not much except when the sky above her village was sealed off.

Notes:

So this is uh well... my first app for a RP ever... so... uh... yeah...

Comment

For your first app, I gotta say, that's actually pretty good. The one gripe I have with ti is that is seems the biography is more about herself than her history (I have no idea what this game is, so i'm just going by what I am reading). Otherwise, it looks pretty good. I approve.

(Though I will say, she looks very...impractical. Reminds me a bit of Hsein-Ko from those Capcom games.)

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Well Mima thank you, but that's all I could really find. There is no info about her history to be honest. Well if there was I couldn't find any.

Comment

It's okay. Not al characters seem to have the bigest backstories. Unless they are main characters.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

True. Taokaka may be one of the more important characters of Blazblue but she is in that sort of grey area where she is important enough to where she could have a background, yet she doesn't really seem to have one. So I guess I wait for two more people right?

Comment

Probably best plan. You could look at other RPs as well and see if any suit your fancy.

Comment

Accepted from me, although that doesn't mean much.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@Serene

Looks good to me.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

YAY!!!

Now I need to think of where I should start...

Comment

You got a LOT of choices. Over in California there's an invasion by an angel of death, there's some stuff in Taiwan, London, DC, I could go on.

Comment

Oh, such a good app from a new person with just the right balance of info in my opinion. I do have to ask one thing tough. How many characters are the currently in the rp that stands at 5ft 7?
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

No clue. I know there are a few characters that stand well below that height, and most standing over that height (like 5ft to 7ft. Somewhere within in that height range.0

What does it matter anyways?

Comment

@SUSTIC

Well it doesn't really matter that much, I just feel that I see the numbers 5 and 7 like everywhere
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

I might start out in Taiwan as I see that's a part of the story that is just beginning.

@Wriggle and Neo might if I start there in Taiwan with Taokaka?

Comment

Working...
                                X