X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The prometheus labs exploded...

just kidding, so far, in my knowledge, the people in the labs are still dealing with the last attack, but are in good, if not great, recovery state.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
      For a sec there, I nearly took your first sentence seriously... Would've been a nightmare if that were true.
      In any case, I'll likely ask S1 and co. and see what I can do.

Also, likely gonna axe Cole's karma system for the time being. Looking back on it, it wasn't that well thought up. I'm gonna definitely rework it.
      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-20-2015, 12:00 AM.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

It is done...again
        Spoiler:

Name:Castlemario

Time zone:ETC -5:00

Character of choice: Chara Dreemurr

Game of origin: Undertale

Powers:[*]Can possess and influence people or characters

Weaknesses:[*] Strong spirited entities can resist Chara's influence
        [*]can give up if it feels hopeless, ultimately ending it's existence

Weapons:
        Depends on entity

Spoiler: Appearance

Chara Dreemurr's true form
        Chara can appear as many things representing something from the entity's mind, therefore
        Chara's countenance is entirely up to the character's imagination

Personality:
        Deceiving. If tricking anyone means more power, it'll happily do so.

Morality:
        Chaotic Evil. Possesses anyone and anything regardless of affinity

Spoiler: Story

Spoiler:

This first human fell into the Underground after the war between humans and monsters and was taken in by Toriel and Asgore as a second child, whom they treated with respect equal to their biological son, Asriel. Asriel quickly became friends with the fallen child, and grew to respect them greatly. Monsters of the Underground spoke of how Chara filled them all with hope. One day, Chara became very ill, and requested to see the Golden Flowers of their home village once more. But because no one could cross the barrier, the request could not be fulfilled. Chara died the next day, and Asriel, wracked with grief, absorbed Chara's soul and became powerful enough to cross the barrier. He took Chara's body and carried it to a bed of flowers in the center of Chara's village. The villagers, believing Asriel had killed the human, began attacking him with everything they had. Although he had the power to destroy them all, he did not fight back; he smiled and carried the human back to the castle of New Home, where he himself died from his wounds. Chara was originally laid to rest in a coffin in the basement of the castle, in the same room in which the bodies of the other Six Humans would be laid after slain by Asgore. However, Flowey implies that Toriel carried the body to the Ruins to give them a proper burial.

It is implied that Chara's death was part of a plan that they had conceived: to poison themself with flowers, then for Asriel to combine their soul with Chara's to cross the barrier, then to collect the souls of six additional humans to gain enough power to break the barrier (though whether Chara's intention was benevolent is unclear; it could be inferred that the plan was to restart the war between humans and monsters). Asriel explains to Frisk at the end of the Pacifist Route that when his soul combined with Chara's, control over Asriel's body was split between them, and that it was Chara who carried their own body to the village. Chara also wanted to use their full power against the villagers, but Asriel resisted their influence and took control, returning back home instead, before his body perished to dust and scattered across the King's Throne Room with the seeds of Golden Flowers.

No one knows when and where
        Chara appeared, just that it is not a benevolent spirit.

Chara's spirit looms around Washington , miraculously unable to find a victim to possess. When will it be able to find one? Only time can tell...

Notes:
        [*] Be very careful if Chara is around. It will possess your character if he/she/it had or has traumas involving wrath, envy, or pride

Trauma: May hesitate if memories of it's old life comes through.
        Last edited by Castlemario; 11-23-2015, 11:42 PM.
        To me, everything happened in comparison to F.N.A.F 2 and 3. It was a party. There was much going on. Then... everything vanished. Reduced to one. The only things left from the past are illusions...

Comment

Originally posted by Castlemario View Post
          *insert Chara app here*
          I have a large list of things wrong with this app. Let me just list them off.

1: Your appearance picture is broken.

2: There's no-one EVEN CLOSE to New York.

3: Determination wouldn't really work in a world like this (the only reason Frisk was even able to use it was because there were no other humans around and they had a lot of it.)

4: There are little to no "Boss Monsters" around, and you don't specify current LV.

5: Honestly, i'm going to say this bluntly, Chara doesn't really work as an individual character, and I wouldn't really call them Chaotic Evil either.

Chara appears for what, all of two minutes? And even if they were a character, they'd be ripped to shreds by half the cast almost regardless of LV, especially considering your apparent murder-lust look of them.

If Chara were to be a character, they'd be far better working with someone else, as a more "voice in your head" sort of scenario.

As for the whole "Chaotic Evil" thing, keep this in mind. Chara didn't originally lust for power. Really, in fact, they didn't think of an answer for much at all, it was only when Frisk started killing that those ideas sunk in.

In short, the app's honestly pretty bad, and the character wouldn't really work due to many reasons listed above.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Allright
            Thanks for the tip
            EDIT: can you at least say something nice after the end of all that?
            I like constructive criticism too, but you don't have to say it so coldly
            Last edited by Castlemario; 11-21-2015, 05:24 PM.
            To me, everything happened in comparison to F.N.A.F 2 and 3. It was a party. There was much going on. Then... everything vanished. Reduced to one. The only things left from the past are illusions...

Comment

Originally posted by Castlemario View Post
              Allright
              Thanks for the tip
              EDIT: can you at least say something nice after the end of all that?
              I like constructive criticism too, but you don't have to say it so coldly
              There is nothing nice to say. It's a bad app, extremely flawed, and considering that... other app of yours, I don't really trust you regardless.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

@ Castlemario

Honestly the biggest problem here is the fact Chara wouldn't work the way you think she would.

First off, Mima is correct in saying that Chara would not work as a standalone character in the context your working with, which appears to be the post-Genocide run variant. You would need a host for Chara to work as a voice in the head sort of thing that would heavily influence the host. And no, it wouldn't work if you tried to explain her as taking over Frisk's body since the ending is more Chara addressing the player.

Second off, if you had Chara as a stand-alone being, they would not have abilities considering that they are no longer in a game and can no longer manipulate save files and such. Reality is they would not be able to do anything outside of being a normal person.

So basically, you would have to redo the app taking into account that Chara is going to not be exactly what your thinking they are and that they would not have certain meta abilities anymore coming into the real world.

Comment

@Mima
                  I don't think you got the point...
                  Honestly, yes, the app needs working (I admittedly rushed it through one day)
                  But what I meant is how you... treated me as a person
                  The least you can do is motivate me
                  But your comment downright put me down as an individual

@Cucoo5
                  Thanks so much, but I was already thinking of this.
                  Nonethentheless, I'll use this post as a guide

Comment

@Castlemario
                    If I'm going to weigh in, Mima isn't being cruel nor intentionally an ass. If anything, he's very straight to the point. No nonsense, no bullsh*t. He's the kind of guy you'd see running a speakeasy in a run-down part of Boston. He neither attacked you nor your work. It's just that you expect to get praised for all the things. Even the bad things.
                    I'd kinda advise that you don't take Mima's comments too harshly. But don't forget about them either. Mima is rather skilled and intelligent. He knows what he's talking about.

And if I'm gonna be terribly honest, I heartily agree with the points that Cucoo and Mima made. Chara's app is deeply flawed and needs to be redone if he is to even be accepted (let alone survive a day in near future Earth with a bunch of superpowered characters).
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

I'm a sensitive guy. What can I say

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                      @Castlemario
                      If I'm going to weigh in, Mima isn't being cruel nor intentionally an ass. If anything, he's very straight to the point. No nonsense, no bullsh*t. He's the kind of guy you'd see running a speakeasy in a run-down part of Boston. He neither attacked you nor your work. It's just that you expect to get praised for all the things. Even the bad things.
                      I'd kinda advise that you don't take Mima's comments too harshly. But don't forget about them either. Mima is rather skilled and intelligent. He knows what he's talking about.

And if I'm gonna be terribly honest, I heartily agree with the points that Cucoo and Mima made. Chara's app is deeply flawed and needs to be redone if he is to even be accepted (let alone survive a day in near future Earth with a bunch of superpowered characters).
                      Yes, my app is terrible, but only because I rushed through it. I was honestly scared that someone else will grab the character, henceforth the ugly app.(Also, I forgot about the points both made) But this is not about the app, it's about Mima's personality and how I don't like it ("offended" might be too much)

All I was saying is to at least give me some suggestions, advices, tips, etc.(And not so vaguely. I had to "dig" through for it) Or a compliment "sandwich". You don't need to "praise" or even like my work, but I dislike it when you're just saying negative things overall. Maybe a "try harder", "just fix it and it'll be good", or even "don't take this comment as a hate post. This is only the flaws in the app. I'm just trying to improve your skills by criticizing your work. If you at least pay attention to my post, your app will definitely improve"

But if Mima is that type of guy, I guess I'll have to accept it. Thanks for telling me TRXD

EDIT: Done with app
                      Honestly, I don't know what else to add

It seems this forum died for a few days...
                      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-26-2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: Multi-post

Comment

@Castlemario
                        This happens. Most of us forum RPers are just busy with stuff. There will be days of silence. Especially since a good number of us are hooked on certain games. *cough* Fallout *cough* Warframe

Again, I advise that you don't multi-post. We've had this problem before and I'd rather we not do this again. Someone will read your revised Chara app and pass judgement. Just wait a while. Be patient.

Comment

@Castle

Hmmm...

Regarding the app, I looked through it and talked with others about it and have come to the decision that it will need more work.

One of the problems is that you chose a rather vague character, and what I mean by that is that in Undertale, there is not all to much information on him, possibly leaving you at a disadvantage when it comes to creating an app. It leaves you having to really look into the character and try and fill the blanks. At the same time, having simply, "Deceiving. If tricking anyone means more power, it'll happily do so.", as the personality leaves the character rather flat. You'll quickly find the character to be boring to RP as if that's his only personality trait. If you can't find any info on the personality, delve into the canon and dabble in the fan theories. Ask yourself, "what would Chara do if this situation happened to them, or that situation?" Give them flesh.

As for morality, We know he/she will try and possess people, but what about their morality? What would they do if they came across a small child in need, or are faced with a moral dilemma? It has to be elaborated upon.

Powers suffers the same problem. If possible, elaborate how this works and to what degree.

In the end, the app still suffers from a lack of information. It will need a little more work.
                          Originally posted by S121
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

This place has tumbleweeds in it, needs some clearing out. So here's something I hate doing. Apps. So, here ya' go.

NPC Character of Choice: Red
                            Spoiler:

Game of Origin: Undertale-Red (Tribute fan-game thingy)

Powers: Extremely adept with a blade that can slice through very, very tough things, seemingly able to slice the unsliceable.

Weapons: Her main weapon is a rapier-like shortsword, which she wields with extreme finesse, but, if truly needed, she can call upon a pair of powerful sentinels, capable of raining the battlefield with powerful energy attacks. Alongside those, she can call upon all kinds of gadgets, from bombs to large sawblades.

Weaknesses: She’s not invincible, and her stamina does have a limit. She prefers to end fights in a quick manner.

Appearance:
                            Spoiler:

Normally, Red wears a mask over her face. This mask, although blank, can seemingly shift to accomadate facial features. Usually, the one facial feature visible is the eye. Her cloak is a bright red, the ribbon the same colour and the mask a pale white.

This is without her mask, with the same color as with it. Her eyes are a bright yellow, the tabard-like armor under her cloak being a dark navy blue aside from the symbol on it, which is simply white. The large runes to her sides are her sentinels.

Personality: Normally, they’re somewhat shy and prone to just leaving people be, but if you annoy her, she’s got a bit of a mean-streak. If you were to seriously fight her, she’d go all out, revealing a more serious, almost professional side.

Morality: Neutral Good

Biography: Not too much is known about her past, though she was mostly on her own when she wa young, later taken in by Undyne and the Royal Guard, with them being the only family she really has. Now in the outside world, she isn’t sure of any goal, or anything in general. She just feels a need to find her former Royal Guard, to find some sort of place to call home.

Traumas: They have a fear of being abandoned, after being alone for so long.

Notes: She occasionally likes watching anime (especially fight scenes), and has a voracious appetite after fighting.

NPC Character of Choice: Flowey
                            Spoiler:

Game of Origin: Undertale

Power: Flowey can use magical attacks, extend very strong vines to encapsulate prey, and more potently, the ability to absorb human souls for power. If they ever got seven? They would become a god.

Weapons: Normally, no.

Weaknesses: On their own, they’re still just a flower. If you could get a good hit in, you’d probably be able to neutralize Flowey easily.

Appearance: Flowey is a large, 3ft tall golden flower (similar to a sunflower) with a face, which can shift on a whim to whatever Flowey chooses.
                            Spoiler:

Personality: Flowey in terms of personality is fairly simple, spiteful, hateful, egotistical, sociopathic and with a god complex to boot (one which he can fill, if left to his own devices.)

Morality: Chaotic Evil

Biography: Beware, Undertale spoilers be below.
                            Spoiler:

A long time ago, in Flowey’s universe, monsterkind were sealed beneath Mt. Ebott by a powerful magic barrier erected by seven of humanity’s finest magicians. As such, the only way to break the barrier would be to get seven SOULs.
                            A time after, and a human child fell into the Underground. Their name was Chara, and they were taken in after being found by one Asriel Dreemurr, son of the king and queen of the underground, Asgore and Toriel.

They adopted this child into their family, but Chara had other plans. Asriel and Chara grew to be close friends, and Chara exploited that to their advantage. Chara told Asriel their rather insane plan, and they reluctantly accepted.

Chara killed themselves, stuffing buttercups into their mouths. Before dying, they expressed one final wish to see the golden flowers of their hometown. Asriel absorbed Chara’s SOUL, and crossed the barrier, going out to the village. The villagers, seeing the dead child and thinking Asriel had done it, attacked them. Asriel survived, but was lethally wounded, as they returned to Asgore’s garden, fading into dust, it spreading all across the garden, where Asgore planted the Golden Flowers brought back in memory.

Skip to many years later. The royal scientist, after discovering the substance known as DETERMINATION, decided to have a little experiment. Injecting it into something that was neither human or monster, and of course, they decided to inject it into the very first Golden Flower which sprouted in the underground.

Asriel was reborn, as Flowey. Flowey the Flower. However, since they were neither human or monster… they had no soul, and thus, no ability to feel joy, or anything positive. And, with the added determination, they gained access to SAVE and LOAD, allowing them to manipulate timelines, and at first, they used it for good. But, as time wore on, they grew more resentful and spiteful, killing for fun, and soon enough, exhausted EVERY option, they did everything.

That was, until Frisk arrived. Frisk was but a child, but they possessed more Determination than they, cancelling out their ability to SAVE and LOAD. Before they could kill the child, Toriel intervened, and their adventure across the Underground began.

(Insert entire Undertale Pacifist/Neutral story here, yada yada yada)

After being transported to the real world, Flowey realized everything was a game. All that work and planning, and there was absolutely no way he wouldn’t lose. Though he had felt his past self, it faded quickly, spite, malice, and all around planning filling in those spots. He wa likely to be hunted down if everyone knew about him, so Flowey went into hiding, watching from the shadows, learning all he could. Turns out, he could go literally anywhere he pleased, long as it had some form of ground, and with the opportunities this world might have, he smiled.

He would become a god this time. He was sure of it.

Traumas: Flowey dearly misses their former and only friend Chara, but blots everything out with spite and insults.

Notes: None.
                            Last edited by Koishi; 12-22-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

RED! <3
                              I was playing her game a couple of days ago and I adore her battle(s). Though I have yet to actually kill her nor can I even bring myself to do so.

Comment

I did it once and I hated myself for doing so. Still a good fight though.

Comment

Working...
                                X