X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in in the india Arc, my Wanderer is still eager for treasure hunting

And S121, to edit/erase your posts, someone you trust could borrow your account and do it for you, just suggesting
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

THESE APPS HAVE BEEN DELETED.
      Last edited by Zekai; 02-22-2015, 07:58 PM.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Aren't both of these characters from an anime, not a video game?
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Philia is from a game and I'm using the game version of Mimiru.

The picture for Philia is a anime version to show everything and Link does everything anime style so that's why her picture s are anime style.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

As long as you actually label what weaknesses Philia has, I can grant acceptance to that application. There are people who's never read or watched or played any adaptation of SAO, including myself, so I don't know what weaknesses SAO characters have.

As for Mimiru I... am on a fence. It's still a violation of Rule 9 that states "Your character must originate from a videogame, not a comicbook, movie, or book that received a videogame." and if it wasn't for that I totally love the character idea and would accept it.

I redact my original statement and am going to create a list of reasons why the two apps are not acceptable by any means in due time.
            Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-13-2015, 08:11 PM.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Sustic

Ezreal is accepted Sus...

Damn does he look charming though...

@Wriggle

TINY TINA TINY TINA TINY TINA!!!! So cute. Love her in BL2. Good app though so accepted as well.

Comment

@Wriggle

Oh yeah I forgot that I looked at your app Wriggle, but I forgot about making a comment on it. ^^;

I like the choice of weapons you gave Tiny Tina. I also like how you wrote her app. I say accepted from me as well. So that's what... 2 accepts?

Comment

Name: Krista

Timezone: UTG -6

NPC Character of Choice: Vala (there is no last name)

[spoiler]
                  Game of Origin: Halo OC

Power: Trained by a veteran spartan, Vala is highly trained with martial skills from the military and personal training from her mentor and thanks to the augmentation, all of her physical and mental abilities have been heightened to the most optimal state, making here extremely fast reflexes, strength of moving tanks with not much problem, ran at record breaking speeds and near perfect immune system. Then comes her survival skills in the concrete jungle of the industrial city were evasion, stealth and improvisation are a must for survival.

Weapons: Vala doesn´t have a normal set of weapons, she is more a style of using anything as a weapon, be it a 2 by 4, a fire extinguisher, anything that can cause damage and be effective, this doesn´t mean she can´t use weaponry, in the case of obtaining a gun, the brawler wouldn´t hesitate on using it. But what she always have with her are her Shotgun gauntlets (straight from the wiki..)

They appear as bracelets at first, but when activated, they cover Vala's hands and forearms as gauntlets acting as arm guards. The gauntlets have a golden color and the shells inside are red and orange. Inside there are chambers that holster a magazine consisting of 12 shells, giving 24 shots in total when both gauntlets are fully loaded. A silver-ish gray barrel is concealed in the front of the gauntlet, aligned between the knuckles of the index and middle finger.

The gauntlets' offensive function seems to be rooted in creating pulses of raw kinetic energy. They emit flashes of light resembling explosions or flames, and are capable of knocking enemies back great distances. However, they either have no solid projectiles or the projectiles explode in contact with another surface. The red shells explode on contact, this is supported by the fact that enemies are knocked back, but lack exit or entrance wounds that would be characteristic of being shot with a solid object.

They also are incredibly powerful, as a single punch from Vala can knock an entire floor outwards in a wave-like quake movement, knocking multiple foes off their feet with ease. Vala uses he gauntlets for both attack and mobility, punching enemies and firing shots at them or using the recoil from the explosions to propel her great distances.

Weaknesses: even though she is has many strengths, the spartan has human weaknesses of blood loss, mutilation of limbs and similar things that a human needs to survive.

Appearance: Healthy pale skin with athletic body, her face has next to no blemishes a side from a faint scar here or there from her childhood, she has violet eyes and flowing golden hair. She has the average spartan height , here is the image
                  Spoiler:
                  http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/330/2/1/rwby__yang_xiao_long___spartan_armour_by_dishwashe r1910-d87qsbt.png

Personality: Vala is an optimistic and feisty person, showing her emotions through actions, she knows that the world isn´t innocent and has its flaws, but she looks at the good side of the people, yet there is some darkness in her soul because of her struggles as an orphan.

Morality: Neutral good

Biography: Before starting with the brawler, there is some context that it is needed first. Starting with two persons, the first being spartan Nicole-458 and the AI Melissa. After finding what looked like a forerunner artifact, the crew of the UNSC Apocalypso was going back because the AI was infected by a Covenant virus, said virus managed to make Melissa convince the crew to activate the forerunner artifact creating a slip space malfunction, this event made two things, the first one was the fragmentation of the AI to different places and times and sending the Nassau Space Station to the year of 2004, with the spartan Nicole-458 as sole survivor of the freak slip space bubble time travel.

At first the spartan focused on keeping the station intact and hidden from the humans´ radars while also keeping it safe, yet not interfering with the timeline of the planet, killing someone could create massive changes in the future. With time, Nicole started receiving what looked like trash messages from the internet, but soon discovered it was a message from the Apocalypso´s AI, Melissa was still in repairs, but managed to find someone of her time. They worked together to retrieve the AI from the servers via hacking and got to work on her status since she still had the virus, but alas something odd was discovered, both the memories of her life and the damage made by the slip space fragmentation gave the AI more freedom in terms of adaptation, the rampancy wouldn´t occur after seven years for her.

Knowing that her supplies would finish sooner or later, the spartan decided to obtain them from the planet, and the closest city was the city of Nassau in Bahamas, while doing small things to obtain money and gathering only what she needed to live, Nicole didn´t made any damage to the future and as the weeks became months and months became a year, the hope of going back to her time was dwindling. She debated the prospect of living a normal life in this era with Melissa who simply shrugged with a "Just be an average person and live a good life".

It has been two years since the spartan made her way to became a citizen of the city, she had a job as military instructor thanks to her augmentations and training, so dealing with normal soldiers was a good idea for her by using her skills to train others while also keeping her abilities in optimal state. One night, the spartan was heading to her home when she felt something around her, it was the feeling of a threat, sighing with the idea of the rookie thief, Nicole looked at her unfortunate punching bag, but stopped when she saw a little girl, what surprised her even more was the face of determination of said child holding a knife.

Melissa, who never left her partner scanned the blonde girl and briefed the spartan of how malnourished and injured she was, the conclusion of the AI was that this little person didn´t have many days to live with the different illnesses she had if she continued to be like that. Nicole could leave the child or give her some food, but something in those violet bloodshot eyes made her do another thing. With a simple distraction of letting her bags of supper fall, the spartan made a quick movement of hitting the back of the girl´s head just to knock her out. What she decided to do was to rescue the poor soul.

It took some time for the little one to trust this stranger, but after some days of privacy with a bed and actual food made her feel rather guilty of leaching, she decided to escape, but the moment she was out of the house, a hand came to her shoulder, instinct made her attack, but felt a hand holding her fist, terrified and cornered, she looked at the spartan, but hardened her resolve ready to face anything. This didn´t go without notice of Nicole as she managed to convince the girl that everything was fine, and after one year with the blonde, things started getting brighter.

What became of the 10 years old homeless girl was now a cheerful and smiling fighter, the girl named Vala trusted the spartan and looked at her as a role model, anything that Nicole did while training, the little one tried to copy, with some trouble though, one of her illnesses was asthma and it was a bad case as Melissa explained, but nothing like the medicine from 2552 to slow down this problem helping her to keep up with training., another interesting thing of Vala was that she was really perceptive, it surprised the spartan that her AI was discovered by the blonde as she was working on the surveillance of the Nassau Station. Lying was something that the little one was easy to perceive, so Nicole explained the girl about her being from another time, which had an excited reaction of her adopted daughter.

But as time passed, Vala´s illness became worse, her body couldn´t fight for so long and would surely die, Nicole didn´t know what to do, this girl had such potential that now could vanish as the fire of a candle, Melissa on the other hand came with a dangerous idea, spartan augmentation. The risks of this process were already dangerous for someone with optimal health status, heck even many of the kids that were kidnapped for it died in the process, but this time the risk was even higher with both her age of 13 years and her physical damage. Nicole talked about this with Vala and the girl didn´t hesitate to approve of the idea because no matter what could happen, those 3 years where the best of her life.

Back in the Nassau Station, the spartan and AI prepared the machinery to augment Vala into a spartan, every second the process took was like a nail inserted to the blonde´s flesh, to say it hurt was an understatement, Nicole was trying her hardest to not breakdown during the process, she felt the pain of the girl and hoped it would end with no side effects. The result was a success, Vala survived the process and the recovery took it´s time, but with the iron will of hers and the support of the spartan and AI, she was now better than before.

It had been 10 years since she was augmented and 4 since she traveled through time, Vala was looking at the Real world Earth from the space station, the bubble created by the slip space was finally broken as she, her mother and Melissa went back to the future, but not the one of their universe, but one where many characters of different universes converged here, yet organizations like ONI still existed, since the spartan and AI were "officially dead", they managed to not be tracked down by the ONI thanks to the AI´s advanced abilities of hacking. Vala on the other hand decided to help with what she could and became what could be a vigilante, her 10 years as a homeless person gave her a different point of view, Melissa decided to join the blonde brawler with helping those in need as Nicole kept doing physical training jobs.

Traumas: Vala still haves recurring nightmares of her past

Notes: Not that I think at the moment.
                  Last edited by Kristia; 02-13-2015, 04:42 PM.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

I checked Canon, and it all checks out except for maybe two things. (Three if you count the Nassau Station having the tools to augment a person, but I won't mention that because it really would be difficult to find an alternative solution. That part is handwaved and is fine.)

As for ONI, they don't actually exist in the ATWAG world. The closest thing is Prometheus Labs.

You don't have to change the pain from the augmentations, but it would actually feel much worse. 0_0

The ceramic carbide bone augmentations would feel like the person's bones were breaking, as if their bone narrows were made of glass and were being shattered. The catalytic thyroid implant and muscle enhancement injection augmentations were said to feel like napalm was injected into their veins, as well as them pulsating and feeling like they were being torn out of the skin. The effect of the muscles increasing in density were said to feel like the person's entire body was on fire, as well as feeling like plated glass was being shattered and reworked inside the person's body. Finally, the superconductive fabrication of the neural dendrites were said to feel like the person's nerves along the spine were on fire.

I would say something about the physical stats, but that's simply me being a numbers person when it comes to this stuff, so it doesn't really matter too much. Other than that, it's good.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I knew that the augmentation machinery wouldn´t be in the station, but it would be way, way harder to get into a lab that is protected by the UNSC and/or ONI, and I thought that some of the ONI crew would get a job in the Prometheus labs.

So yeah, longest bio I have done, and I loved it

EDIT: I know what you mean by numbers and I´m a simple minded person, so numbers and calculations aren´t my forte

I´m not saying you are too in depth with numbers, it is awesome how you do it, so I know I can ask you about these kind of things ^^
                      Last edited by Kristia; 02-13-2015, 05:32 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

That's why I said I wasn't worried about the augmentations. I don't think even I would be able to find an alternative.

As for ONI working in Prometheus Labs, I would say you do have a point. Halsey is ex-ONI, but she probably hates them more than anyone else in ATWAG. They tried to assassinate her.

This question is a little on topic, but a little off as well. So the Nassau Station is in the real world and is a base/home for Nicole, Melissia, and Vala? If so, then I would imagine that the MAC cannon is a great way to scare off solicitors and Jehovah's Witnesses... besides the fact that the station is in space.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

The station was the first home for Nicole, but after deciding to live on the city of Nassau, she got a house, but kept surveillance of the space station from a camera room, she had a drop ship to travel between the house and the ship.

Depending on where I send Vala, (surely where Prometheus lab reside) The Nassau station will be on the orbit, but don´t try to send someone there, it is ´rotected by Melissa´s Firewalls and fail-saves :P

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

And then the random explorer was blown up by the MAC cannon. XD

I'm telling you, that MAC cannon might actually come in handy in the future, though I would NEVER recommend firing it at an enemy located on the Earth. The MAC cannon is a Mark V "Super" MAC with the explosive force of 51553.83 Megatons. To put that into perspective, the Nuke "Little Boy" had a yield of 13-18 kilotons, "Fatman" had an explosive yield of 20-22 kt, and the biggest nuclear bomb ever detonated, the Tsar Bomba, had an explosive yield of only 50-58 megatons.

That MAC might actually destroy a country, if not a continent. 0_0;

Of course, it wouldn't be crazy to think that the station has other weapons that could be used to perform orbital strikes against particularly powerful enemies. That might be a good asset for you.

As for trying to break into the station, I don't think you have to worry too much, Prometheus Labs would not be able to make use for the weapons on board. Too powerful for the missions they perform. That, and they already have the technology from their world.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see you noticed that I have a powerful cannon, nice job Utsuh, I do have a plan for it, but it will be used when the time comes, because it is tied with Lucario, I got some issues with his part of how to make him, Samus, and Vala get together with specific enemies, but that issue will be attended when I need to deal with it.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Yes as, just be sure to aim the gun away from the planet. That weapon could really ruin someone's day. Also, it's a shame we didn't have that weapon during the Devourer Arc. Just imagine some of the bad guys riding a 3,000 ton bullet into space.

I actually have a few other questions about Vala, but it might get lengthy and make the app disappear. Should we continue this via PM?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X