X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

It can be, considering that boundary manipulation has no limits.

If not, then all that needs to be done is alter the boundary of instant/eternity and you'll get a permanent boundary. If you want it to be absolute, you alter the boundary of Alteration/Preservation, making it unalterable by outside forces.

How I see it, Yukari and Takoizu are personified ideas. In the end, that's what Youkai are, ideas and fears, concepts. Takoizu and Yukari happen to be personifications of concepts that govern the universe. Maybe they are the boundaries themselves, which would explain why they can alter the boundary of alteration/preservation, as well as alter themselves in that state. If you think about it, they wouldn't actually have a gender. How could you give a gender to an idea or concept?

Then again, they are personifications, not the idea itself.

Who's Melia?

As for the Monado arts, I suppose you can, but it would kind of remove how special each Monado is, making each one a simple clone. It would be like if all guns were the same, or if the Biometals from Megaman were the same in every way, except for appearance.

In the end, it's up to you on that one.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Oh right, Melia is a High Entian princess from Xenoblade who can control Ether to a degree like a mage would mana.
      Her signature ability is Mind blast, the arts seal version of Monado Purge

But no, the three monados don't really share any similarities except being types.

Shulk's Monado is pure defense with the occasional offense.
      Meyneth's Monado is...for all extensive purposes I'm saying offense as it did have a dual wield mode which automatically in my head translates as such.
      Zanza's Monado is that weird thing that I don't know how to classify...

Comment

@Cucoo

Zansa's would be "compensating". Hey, all those huge blades on that one sword...

Ok, I'm just kidding.

As for Melia, how would you introduce her? It might be a little too convenient if she popped up right when they needed her. If things get really bad, I might have Takoizu help, considering that she could do the same. She's also more available. In the end, I'm still debating on whether or not to have her directly help in the fight.

What are your thoughts?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

No no

I was just saying who she was

I wouldn't introduce her, just her ability by converting it to a Monado ability.

It's to save on me bringing in the most OP cast of characters...

cause if you had all seven playable characters here.

topple lock dat sh*t.

And then there were none.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmmm...

Well, it would be a good ability to have in this particular situation, but people will say that it's OP. We'll get through the battle with Yukari somehow. It'll just take me a little bit to consider the possibilities. All I know is that Shulk will be needed in the battle against Yukari, at least to help with protecting people A lot of people will be needed on this one, with each of their roles being vital to the success of the plan.
            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

We've already jumped through the hoops of talking about it, except I had it lumped directly with Purge's Aura Seal thinking it was a part of Purge.

This is actually weaker as it would have Art Seal for like...45 seconds and it would require more than just the Talent Gauge (like I said with God Slayer mode)
              So it would be like: effective seal for 45 seconds and cooldown of 2 minutes.

Comment

@Cucoo

I suppose it would work.

Let's just ask everyone else, just to be safe.

If that happens, I'll need to amend my plan too. Of course, it could possibly make things easier, depending on whether or not Yukari's agile enough to outmaneuver John or Renamon. If not, then things could work...
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I might not even use it cause it would complete the Monado...even though Bless is no different...

Consider it an if things go the wrong way.

I would have Shulk most likely use Bless as that would create immunity for a minute...

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

Well, if things go really far south, that could be an option. Of course, expect the battle to be hard. After all, it is Yukari we're talking about. Her ability to plan for almost any possibility is almost meta-gaming. It's right on the edge of it. We'll get through it though.
                    sigpic

Comment

...Then Shulk is the epitome of meta gaming when it comes to trying to kill him or anyone he wants to protect.

No true Zelda player does not know these stairs.

Comment

Crap... Prometheus is actually going to die...

I need to think of something to save Prometheus that won't involve me Godmoding...

@Cucoo

OH FUCK THOSE STAIRS

That dungeon was BS just because of those stairs.
                        Last edited by NeoFox; 01-31-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Careful, people might call you out.

Ok, not really. We should still be careful though. It's like ants fighting giants.

Time to test some Unicode...

☢☣☤♥☠☂☮♘☫☊☋☉☌☍

@NeoFox

Welcome back!
                          sigpic

Comment

@ Neo
                            Wait

what version did I have?

Lisa being remorseless or stopping at all?

<.>

can't he teleport?

@ S121
                            ...ho...how...

Anyway ya, Shulk's visions don't kick in for combat scenarios unless someone is about to die.
                            They can be mortally wounded or stunned, lose an arm, w/e

but be killed? Vision time.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-31-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

How did I do this?

☢☣☤♥☠☂☮♘☫☊☋☉☌☍

I used this: http://www.unicodetables.com/

More specifically, this: http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2600.pdf

Anyways, it sounds to me like Prometheus got careless.
                              sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

He can teleport, but not when he's being constantly attacked.

I also remember that there is supposed to be a radio tower sending a signal to Mavericks which are attracting them, and in turn creating more.

I might have Layer (the Navigator for Lisa), and have her tell her that a bomb is heading to the city...

Comment

Working...
                                X