Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@cucoo

Did you try to use the second RP style?

I'm really sorry to say, but unless you learn to adapt, you're going to have a hard time.

It seems to me that you are so stuck on focusing on a goal that you can't see that there are other options. You refuse to try another method because you closely follow your current procedure. If one method doesn't work for a particular situation, then use another one.

You see, all the things you listed are guided plot points, ones that plot creators use. The only problem with that is that you aren't a plot creator in TSU, you're a student. You are set in a reactionary role, but you're trying to plan for a goal that still has yet to exist. Nobody knows what the final goal of the RP is yet, or even for their characters, so there is no Rome for you. If you want to survive in the RP, then adapt. Nobody ever accomplished anything by saying that they can't. The moment you say that is the very moment you limit yourself.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo
      I said I was done. I'm not going to discuss this further. You, S121 and anyone else can. But not me.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

-----NEWS ALERT-----

I am basically done with main/basic details for my RP. Here is the story/history of my RP, Crystalis

Spoiler:
        In the world that is called Higarishin, lies 4 continents - Icajuinawe, Juravante, Tavenbast and Cavirdast.

Icajuinawe is the northern continent, covered in nothing but ice, snow and mountains.

Juravante is the eastern continent, covered in lush forest, underground caves and lakes.

Tavenbast is the southern continent, mostly covered in desert and canyons.

Cavirdast is the western continent, covered in volcanoes and lava.

In the center of these 4 continents lies the great city of Valenster. A great city where people from all over the continents. The city itself lies on what people call the fifth continent.

The ones that rule over Valenster is the Zamaro Empire, lead by the Zamaro family, a family that lives for and supports all people.

Many people lives off of what the continents supply for many centuries. One day, while searching in a nearly discovered cave, the discovery of special crystals happened.

While researching these crystals, scientists found out that these crystal houses magic. through many trail and errors, they couldn't figure out how to use the magic in them.

One day, a scientist though, "Why don't we place one in an object and try from there?" He asked his colleages. So they placed a crystal in a broken sword hilt and one of them focued on the shape of a blade and a blade made of magic appeared. This started what later becomes known as the Magic Revolution.

350 years after figuring out how to use the crystals, they became part of everyday life. Ranging from transport using wind, saving lives using water to put out fires to everyday things.

Along the way, the crystals even became in use of the guards to protect the Zamaro family. With practices with magic came in, also came the idea for a magicial compitition which became Magicsourent.

A tournament which people compete with each other in compititions, ranging from speed flights, blast radius and the most popular one, Blade Art, a compitition where people compete and fight each other in a weapons duel, using mostly blade type weapons.

600 years after the Magic Revolution, the first Great Magic war broke out. The cause of the war was a rebel group that didn't like the peace that was going on. It took 20 years for the war to end. Killing 60,000 people and the head of the Zamaro family. After the war, a special security force was made to help make sure that war doesn't break out again. These security force was named simply FORCE.

FORCE has five main branches, one in each continent and in Valenster and many sub branches throughout the continents. With the help of FORCE, peace once again came to the world.

800 years after the Magic Revolution, only 180 years after the first Great Magic War, the second Great Magic War happened. In this war, the magic used was much greater than in the first war.

The ones who started the war used a magic which was classified as forbidden. They made the continents move and smash into each other and Valenster creating one massive continent.

Due to the sudden collision of the continents, chaos erupted making the war even more deadly. At the end of the war, the head family was captured and was killed. With the lost of the Zamaro family, the support that everyone liked went down dramaticly. The sub family, Biscotti, was placed in charge of what was later called Neo Valenster. Other families took the chance and rose to power and took control of different parts of the smashed together continent. The once seperate four continents became territories.

It's been 10 years since the second Great Magic War ended, how is the people adjusting to the change? What is the newly made territories like without the Zamaro family's support?

This is where your story begins, in a partly ruined world and a partly striving world. How you choose to live in this world is up to you.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
          Interesting. But I wouldn't join. Too many fantasy elements in RPs that I'm in already.

@Pringles
          Note that I'm waiting for at least two other people in Banished Library to continue.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@katrix

Thanktheheavensyouunderstand

@ S1
            Did I ever tell you how many times I rewrote the ending Of EG?
            As I started writting as an RP, I've been constantly adjusting how the end would be.
            Your reactionary concept, already adapted into a plan.

Do you know the exact end of the ACO arc? No? Neither do I.
            All we do know is that there's going to be a bomb.
            How is it going to be launched? Where is everyone going to be exactly?
            No one can know exactly.
            But I can guess.
            I can guess that takoizu is going to be there.
            Will this be true? Maybe.
            Hell, maybe it will be John instead.
            Maybe Nera
            Or for some crazy twist its the auditor.
            I can speculate.
            But I can't say "this will happen exactly like this"
            Did banished library happen exactly like I thought?
            No.
            Did I adapt and change when Grima will be addressed? Yes.
            Do I know if Grima is going to happen next? No.
            Jack is still a variable and wriggs added a twist.
            What will happen next? I don't know, but I can tell you what could based on what I'm aiming for and how those possibilities affect my characters.

Comment

@Zekai

Looks interesting, although there is one thing that I want to know. Why did the wars break out? I nea, wars don't break out just because people is bored of the peace. Normally the aggressors have a goal, like wanting more land, revenge, being forced to by other factors like food or money. That's just naming a few, so tell me, what is the real reason for the wars?
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Well, The first one happened due to a group being tired of peace and wanted power. The second one is where a certain magic came out and caused people to turn evil and caused riots to occur all over starting the second war.

(I wanted to keep something's hidden to surprise people with)

@Everyone

If not enough people want to do this then it won't happen. It's fine with me either way.

Sent by Phone using Tapatalk
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Wriggle

Understandable.

@Cucoo

Then plan for your character to meet specific people in TSU. Instead of telling us how much we neglect you, do something about it. Be proactive.

To be honest, the only time I plan for people is when I'm setting up plot points, so unless you have anything to do with a particular arc, you'll be excluded from it until you appear.

To be honest, I don't expect anyone in TSU to cater to me, and neither should you.

That's where this entire thing started. You were upset with us because TRXD because he forgot about your character. You then told us how we don't accommodate for you. Tell me, who in the RP has been accommodated for a particular outcome? The reason things have played out in that RP is because of spontaneity.

In the very end, nobody has accommodated for anyone because there still has yet to be a straightforward Arc, so you really shouldn't worry about it so much. This is the arc where people find their niche, their friends and their enemies. There is no goal in the arc except to get to know people. In the end, the arc is time based, not plot based. If you don;'t put your character out there, you will not meet anyone. If you need a reason for Kiara to explore, say that she's trying to familiarize herself with the grounds, that she's shopping for food, or something else along those lines. You'll eventually meet someone, and when you do, Kiara will be more noticeable.
                  Last edited by S121; 02-11-2014, 03:02 PM.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hrm? Dufuq happened?

Anyways, hi people, I'm here and stuff, so.............. Anybody need me?

Comment

@Wonder

What happened with what?
                      sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

Did you even read the second part that I wrote? Unlike you, I tackled the problem the completely opposite way. I began before the RP even started, 2000 tears to be exact (well kind of). I didn't write the end first, I wrote a part that MIGHT be revealed near the end, but I did not start with it. As for you character in TSU. Let me tell you how I would look at things.

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                        I still don't know anything interesting.
                        The only thing I have is "nurse apprentice learning how to apply water magic to medicine."
                        I don't know why she is that other than that's what she is. I don't know her past, and I don't know her future.
                        I'm lost in the middle of a void with no defined bounds
                        Do you know what this tells me? This tells me that she have no foundation whatsoever. You don't know her past. This is a big one. Why did she decide to become a nurse? Maybe someone got hurt in her childhood and she wanted to help, maybe she had some sort of person that she was looking up to that always helped people. Once you have a foundation you can begin to develop around that foundation. I can tell you this, I've been there. Having a character with no foundation, in fact I am still there sometimes. Do anyone remember Skari in TSU. She is what I call a failure. I don't have any foundation for her, which makes her extremely hard to RP. This is why I am trying to find some sort of foundation for her. If I can't find that, then she is junk.

You talk a lot about arrows, but tell me, how was the arrow fired. Was it fired from a high place or a low place, was it fired with lot's of force or was it fired weakly? If you donćt know those thing, then you don't know how the arrow will travel right?

In fact I feel that we had a very similar discussion a long time ago. It went something like this. "How am I supposed to act and RP when I don't know what's around me. How am I supposed to go and pick up a crate when I don't know if it's 5 or 8 meters in front of me, if I don't know if I have to go around something else first?". Remember how it ended? It ended up with you trying to ignore that and guess what? Everything went just fine. Of course there can be times when you wished that you had numbers for everything in the RP. I am sure that the amount of blood around Sinuda and Trista is different in each perspective, but sometimes you just have to ignore that.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

It looks like sh*t's going down.

Comment

No shit. Creating a past or backstory to your character relies on bullshitting and lying, but if it turns out that all that shit makes a good, entertaining story, who gives a damn if it's illogical or not true? We as writers have an obligation to tell a story, not to tell the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@ Katrix

I have a base
                              It's the Kiara from EG

I just don't know how to adapt her backstory so that it fits.
                              In EG: She fights a war to recover the lost light of her home country: Mana. She fights an evil dark mage empress with the help of her dark mage friend and she struggles against the odds because she isn't a fighter and thus when her dark mage friend dies protecting her from the empress, she felt powerless and somehow from that sacrifice she finds the courage to defeat the empress but not before being cursed to be part human and thus unable to return to her proper home in the lake. She gets compensation from the prince of Mana and becomes his close advisor before she leaves for other journeys.

In EG, she's a royal advisor that lives as a simple medic instead.
                              ...I don't know how to adapt that in, or if I want to adapt that in exactly as is.

But if I had an ending, which is how that backstory was developed (How to defeat evil empress? develop a water nymph that is capable of being a vessel of light, that was protecting the original vessel of light that the empress destroyed because before the evil empress was an evil empress she was a common dark mage that had lofty goals, in order to vanquish darkness.) I would be able to create something that fits this exact story.

@ S121
                              I'm not upset because TRXD forgot
                              I'm upset because everyone forgot

It's like being apart of a group of friends and then feeling like your just luggage taking up space because no one WANTS to include you because no one wants to bother with you and when you do ask for help, they just don't help and shrug ya off.

"I need an idea for Kiara's endgame."
                              "We don't like that so change your ways."
                              "But my way has its perks and is capable of doing the exact same...I just need ideas."
                              "No, change your ways."
                              "But my entire style is-"
                              "Change it or get out."

@ Major
                              ever heard of continuity?
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-11-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

RP General Discussion

Why the hell are you thinking about endgame already when the RP is still on its first day? I'm getting tired of trying to pull you up, Cucco. And yes, I do know what continuity is and yes, I have heard of it. Was that supposed to be a rhetorical question?

Now, for the sake of not getting banned, I say it's better that we all put this issue aside, lest we start a flamewar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X