X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle and Katrix
    Suddenly, Spira walks into the Ramen Restaurant and Trista gets freaked out because of Spira's brash nature. I'm pretty certain that this phrase is going to become REALLY overused.
    Suddenly, <guy> does <action> and Trista gets freaked out.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ Wriggs

Aye and that's what I was planning on with this

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
      *cries inside*

Ladies and gentlemen
      Boys and Squirrels

Behold one of the greatest walls of text ever.

Spoiler:

Ok it takes me months to get anywhere with this [Shattered Ice Flower] but I'm going to use this as my experiment.

So I'ma make a Fire Emblem esque system for this so that everything will be stat based.

Now because I found the Fire Emblem calculations...I intend on using google docs to create a calculator that will pretty much do everything for you when it comes to combat.

So it'll be input your stats, enemy stats, hit enter, receive bacon see results.

So here comes the fun part

If you want to see the original system, [go here]

~STATS SYSTEM~

So the Stat system for this will use this

Class

HP

Str

Mag

Skl

Spd

Lck

Def

Res

Now I'm going to post the chart of calculations here so that you can look at what goes to what later.

Spoiler:

Attack
      = Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + Weapon Rank bonus

Hit rate
      = Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck) / 2] + Weapon Rank bonus

Critical
      = Weapon's Critical + (Skill / 2)

Avoid
      = (Speed x 3 + Luck) / 2

Rating
      = Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

Though I'll go into detail later on this.
      Right now, let me describe what all those lovely acronyms stand for.

Class: Your character's class which would dictate stat growths...but for simplicity we'll set this later.

HP: Your health points. Max will be 80 HP.

Str: Strength of a character that dictates physical attacks.

Mag: Magic Strength. Obviously the stat that dictates magic attacks.

*Note: Mag and Str both use the same formula. If you use magic tomes, you use Mag stat in the calculation, and so if you use a melee weapon, Str.

Skl: The Skill of your character. A key factor when dictating hit stat and critical hit stat.

Spd: Speed. How fast your character is. Used in calculating Avoid Stat. (Hit Stat and Avoid Stat are the two things that actually dictate hit or miss in battle.)

Lck: How lucky your character is. Used in both Hit Stat and Avoid Stat calculations by a small amount...just to add complexity to calculations.

*Note: Notice I'm saying Avoid, Critical, and Hit Stat. The chance of these things happening are calculated later.

Def: Physical Defense. Literally, take Attack stat when it's calculated from Str and subtract along with a bunch of other bonuses.

Res: Magic Defense. Same as Physical, except used after Attack Stat is calculated with Mag.

*Note: I will be simplifying and explaining how each of these work as I go through this set up.

Now that you know what they mean and have a rough idea of what each is used for...
      Let's move on to the next part of the stats

Weapon Proficiencies

Each class will have a certain set of useable weapon types (like Cavaliers can use swords and lances, Sword Masters use...swords, and Warriors use axes.)

In addition to being allowed to only using a certain set of weapon types...there's a level system that restricts what level of weapon...or as it's called...rank of weapon that can be used.

I'll explain this in the weapon system section but just be aware it exists.

Oh and it goes from E to A.

E being the lowest and A the highest...

Anyway...MOVING ON~

~WEAPON SYSTEM~

The weapons themselves have a bit of a stat system. So let's quickly get on with this.

Rank

Mt

Hit

Crit

Rng

Effect

Uses

Worth

Ok fun and joy. (You're probably wondering why I'm setting them off like I am. There's a reason.)

Ok so let's describe these things.

Rank: The Rank of the weapon. Character Weapon proficiency must be greater than or equal to the Weapon Rank in order to use it.
      ...in other words if your character has D Rank Sword proficiency, then you can use Iron Swords and Bronze Swords (D Rank and E Rank respectively) but not Steel Swords and Silver Swords or Brave Swords (C, B, and A Ranks respectively).

Mt: Might. How powerful the weapon is. This is used in the Attack Stat calculation.

Hit: Hit Stat. Used in...the Hit chance calculation. We'll get to this eventually.

Crit: Critical Stat. Obviously...Critical Chance calculations.

Rng: Range. This dictates the obvious concept of if your in range to hit someone. Like an archer can be 2 spaces away (Remember Fire Emblem is like Chess.) and hit a sword master...but the sword master can't hit the archer (unless using a very specific sword which I'll list off later.)

Effect: Special effectiveness stat that tells you if its useful against certain class types. Like Armor Slayer...which is good against classes that have the Armor classification (Knights and Generals).
      We'll talk more about this later.

Uses: Think Durability. How many times you can use it before you break it. Why Tomes have this remains a mystery to me... And has been the source of one funny joke...

Worth: How much it costs to buy from a shop. When selling, it goes for half. In other words: an item priced at 100 gold will sell for 50 gold.
      * Note: There's random chance you'll get random items so you could live off of that.

Now that we looked at that...let's look at some of the calculations (You better be grateful that I'm going to make a calculator system that does EVERYTHING for you. You just have to punch in numbers and hit enter. Be. Grateful.)

Next...bonuses.
      Just to make things even MORE COMPLICATED

~BONUSES~

First Bonus we're gonna look at: Weapon Rank Bonus
      ...only applies when you have a Weapon Proficiency of C or greater and a weapon equipped that matches the rank.

So if you have a Steel Sword equipped and you have Proficiency rank C for Swords...you get a bonus.
      If you have the same Proficiency but use a Bronze Sword... No bonus.

So here's the chart

Type: Sword
      C Rank bonus: Attack +1
      B Rank bonus: Attack +2
      A Rank bonus: Attack +3

Type: Lance, Bow, Tome
      C Rank bonus: Attack +1
      B Rank bonus: Attack +1, Hit rate +5
      A Rank bonus: Attack +2, Hit rate +5

Type: Axe
      C Rank bonus: Hit rate +5
      B Rank bonus: Hit rate +10
      A Rank bonus: Attack +1, Hit rate +10

Type: Staff
      C Rank bonus: Recovery +1
      B Rank bonus: Recovery +2
      A Rank bonus: Recovery +3

Each of this will be factored in into calculations later.
      ...except for Recovery...which...I think is a self heal bonus at the beginning of player turns.

Also This will be canceled if Weapon Triangle bonus is not in effect.

Weapon Triangle Bonuses

Basically...kind of a big deal.

Weapon Rank (advantageous side): E or D
      Weapon triangle Bonus: Hit rate +5
      Weapon triangle Penalty: Hit rate -5

Weapon Rank (advantageous side): C
      Weapon triangle Bonus: Hit rate +10
      Weapon triangle Penalty: Hit rate -10

Weapon Rank (advantageous side): B
      Weapon triangle Bonus: Hit rate +10, Attack +1
      Weapon triangle Penalty:Hit rate -10, Attack -1

Weapon Rank (advantageous side): A
      Weapon triangle Bonus: Hit rate +15, Attack +1
      Weapon triangle Penalty: Hit rate -15, Attack -1

Ok here's how it works.

Sword beats Axe beats Lance beats Sword

Therefore if a sword user goes against an axe user, the bonus and penalty of the weapon rank that is being used by the sword user will be applied.

For example, with the above scenario, let's say it's a rank C sword (What the axe is doesn't matter in this scenario). therefore the sword user gets a +10 to the hit rate and the axe user gets the penalty.

Ok we can FINALLY move on to calculations.

...Right after Terrain Bonuses.

Terrain has it's own bonuses...like woods and forts and mountains.

Because we won't worry about movement, we'll just worry about what they do for the calculations

This is something that I can't find a nice neat chart so I have to make one from partial memory.

Areas that have no features (Plains, normal floors, non-impeding terrain)
      Def Bonus: 0
      Avoid Bonus: 0
      Heal Bonus: 0

Areas with features (Forests, Mountains, Columns in buildings, rugged/impeding terrain)
      Def Bonus: 1
      Avoid Bonus: 10
      Heal Bonus: 0

Forts and Thrones
      Def Bonus: 2
      Avoid Bonus: 20
      Heal Bonus: 20

The calculations will tell where each goes.
      Heal bonus is literally done at the beginning of each turn and heals that amount of HP.

NOW WE GO TO CALCULATIONS

~CALCULATIONS~

*cries inside*

Ok this is the...*cough* fun part.

First we're going to look at the calculations that process the character's stats that are more like traits...and turn them into...other stats...
      ...joy.

So we utilize these things.

Attack
      = Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + Weapon Rank bonus

Hit rate
      = Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck) / 2] + Weapon Rank bonus

Critical
      = Weapon's Critical + (Skill / 2)

Avoid
      = (Speed x 3 + Luck) / 2

Rating
      = Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

...It's simply plug n' chug calculations. Take the corresponding stats above and plug 'em in.

*Note: Rating is...nothing really. It's a comparative thing to show you how good the unit is. We'll be using this to distribute initial stat points.

Once you have all of this...
      Now Combat Calculations

Attack (damage)
      = Attack + Weapon triangle bonus - Enemy's (Defence or Resistance + Terrain bonus)

Hit rate
      = Hit rate + Weapon triangle bonus + Support bonus - Enemy's (Avoid + Terrain bonus + Support bonus) [%]

Critical rate
      = Critical + Support bonus - Enemy's (Luck + Support bonus) [%]

*Note: We'll be removing the Support Bonus so as to simplify things (and so I don't have to explain it...) ...you'll thank me later.

So we use this:

Attack (damage)
      = Attack + Weapon triangle bonus - Enemy's (Defence or Resistance + Terrain bonus)

Hit rate
      = Hit rate + Weapon triangle bonus - Enemy's (Avoid + Terrain bonus) [%]

Critical rate
      = Critical - Enemy's (Luck) [%]

To translate:

Attack dealt is calculated by taking the Attack stat of the character calculated from the prior calculation above and the weapon triangle bonus (or penalty) along with the opponent's Def Stat with the opponent's Terrain Bonus (...which is not much.)

Hit rate is a % so after you take the Hit rate calculated above, Weapon Triangle bonus/penalty, Enemy's Avoid stat calculated above, and the enemy's terrain bonus...you put a % on it. That's it. You calculate it and that IS the %. That's all that means.

Critical should be obvious. It's the critical stat calculated from above and the enemy's luck. Slap a % on it and viola, it becomes a rate.

That's all for that part...

Now...

~LEVELING~

Almost done so bear with me...

The Leveling system has two things: Internal and external Levels.
      External is what you see as a number...
      Internal determines if you should get that full bit of EXP from that kill you just got.

Now I'm going to simplify this because...
      ...it's just not pretty.

So here's the simple end of it:

Each class has a cap of level 20 which means each character has a possible cap of lvl 40 cumulative.

Each level takes 100 EXP

EXP is gained from Battle and even using staves.

Now let me show how we're going to have it done:

Battle EXP
      Encounter: 1 EXP
      *Means you are in a battle but cannot attack (no weapon equipped or out of range)
      Fight: 4 EXP (technically 5 EXP*)
      * Means that you attack but don't kill the enemy. Stacks with Encounter so it's 5 EXP in truth.
      Kill: 10 EXP (technically 15 EXP*)
      *Means that the encounter results in a kill. Does stack with Encounter and Fight. So in truth if you kill it's 15 EXP

Staff EXP:
      Heal: 5 EXP
      Mend, Ward: 10 EXP
      Recover, Warp, Repair: 15 EXP

* Each of these is a type of staff, with 3 levels of healing staff (Heal, Mend, Recover), Resistance boost staff called Ward, and a warp staff and repair weapon staff. I'll list these off later.

So to help translate

For Battles:
      You will gain 1 EXP guaranteed every battle encounter that involves your charcter.
      You will gain 5 EXP if your character fights back but doesn't kill.
      *NOTE: you technically do not need to deal damage to gain this (so if you attack and miss or if you attack and deal no damage it'll still count)
      You will gain 15 EXP for a kill.

If you heal with a staff, it's w/e value the staff gives.

So after you gain 100 EXP, you gain one level, which will lead to stat growths...which is next topic...

Now briefly: There are two types of Classes.
      Base and Promoted.

So here's how this works in to what I'm about to say:

At base class level 10 to 20, you can choose to promote your character to a more powerful promoted class of your choosing.

Here's the catch: if you promote at level 10, you set your level cap to a cumulative of 30.
      However there is an advantage to promoting early...especially if the character has horrible stat growths in the base class they're in.

So in other words...
      Choose: To promote as early as lvl 10 or until the max cap of lvl 20.

So...every 100 EXP leads to 1 Level and you have a cap of 20 levels at base and 20 levels at Promoted.
      ...so there's 40 times Maximum your stats can grow.

Next
      Weapon Proficiency EXP

This is simple.

For any battle, no matter the outcome as long as the character fights (hit or miss, damage or no damage dealt) you will gain 2 EXP for the weapon proficiency of the weapon used.
      *For Staff, it's just use.

For each Rank, it takes a different amount of EXP

E to D: 30 EXP
      D to C: 40 EXP
      C to B: 50 EXP
      B to A: 60 EXP

So therefore to go from E to A, you need to acquire 180 EXP.

so... 90 Uses/battles.

Finally: Stat Growths

~CLASSES AND STAT GROWTHS~

This is it. The Final Topic.

So I mentioned Classes and Stat Growths.
      ...this is the most important part of the entire system.

Stat growths vary from class to class...
      Now there's a chart for this that is a bit confusing to read...and I can't transcribe it here.

But I'll say open this up and read along what I have to say...because this is the bread and butter of this system.

So First...to simplify since each character has a unique growth rate independent of class, we're going to look at just the modifiers

Click here for the chart

Ok a lot of numbers but this is how it works:
      You take your growth rates (in %) and add the number from the chart to the growth rate (in %)

so if you're a Cavalier with a base growth rate of 40% Stregnth, you add the 20% of the class growth to it.
      so your strength has a 60% chance of going up by 1 point each level

To say it again:
      Character Base Growth Rate [%] + Class Growth Rate [%] = Actual Growth Rate [%]

What this is telling you is the chance of a stat growing by 1 point.

so if you level up
      there will be...using the above scenario of a cavalier... a 60% chance that your Str stat will increase by 1 point.
      So there is a 40% chance it grows by 0 points.
      All stats are done this way so it's possible to have Str, Skl, Def, Lck, and HP to all go up by 1 point during a level up while the rest of the stats don't.

So in theory, it would be possible for a stat to grow 40 (assuming 20 levels while in base class and 20 levels promoted class) points additional to the base stats if it had a 100% growth rate....if it wasn't for the stat cap

For Stat Caps, we look at this

Click here for chart

This lists the maximum stat for each class.

Now I'll talk more on this topic during the set up for this RP.

For now, you survived an entire explanation of the mechanics of Fire Emblem.

If you read all of that...

CONGRATULATIONS

I applaud you for taking the time to go through it.
      Because now I'll be making a calculator system in a spread sheet that does all of this for you.

Now the Construction of Characters will be interesting. I'll talk about this later. For now, what do you all think?

*laughs hysterically*

I think I created the Fire Emblem Instruction Manual for Hard Core Players that's slightly improvised...

Under section CALCULATIONS I explain all the calculations.
      In previous sections I explain what goes where.

I categorized everything.

What the stats mean
      what traits the weapons have
      How to calculate stats
      How to determine levels

And the best part: the fact I'm putting all of this into a nearly idiot proof spreadsheet that basically will say "INPUT NUMBERS HERE -> PRESS ENTER -> RECIEVE RESULTS"
      Like any good calculator is meant to be.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-14-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

@TRXD

It's actually said that Kyoku loves Ramen restaurants. Guess what that means ?
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

The only things I might disagree is the max HP and leveling. I feel like those two could follow standard RPG rules instead.

Also, will Hammer be in Axe category? How about Sabres? Will they be in Sword?

What about Bows?
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix
            OH GOD! Well... at least it does mean that Trista does meet Spira somehow. Actually... If Wriggle responds to my next post in a certain way, this could go in a spectacular direction. And with Kyou- Spira potentially coming to the Ramen Restaurant, this could work out quite nicely. I just need to think over how it could be done.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@ Wriggs

In FE, the Hammer is an Axe type "Armor Slayer" Weapon.

Here's the Weapon Categories

Sword
              Lance
              Axe
              Bow
              Staff
              Tome (Light)
              Tome (Dark)
              Dragon Stone
              Beast Stone

Also what's wrong with the Leveling and HP?

And Here's the Classes to choose from

Go here for the nice and neat chart

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/class.html

It's base class to Promoted options.

I was considering removing the level cap like FE:A has done which pretty much means you could cap all stats.

But then it gets ugly when you start factoring in cumulative levels and internal level calculations to determine EXP gains.

Comment

Well, 80 max hp isn't going to be dynamic. There's a difference of satisfaction between dealing 6 damage to a 300 HP boss and dealing 20k damage to a 1 million HP boss.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Fire emblem is technically meant to be easy to calculate.

I could disguise it to seem like that by simply multiplying everything by like a few thousand and then in the calculations do a little hat trick so that the stats appear the same but the HP is some monstrous number.

It's meant to be almost a 1:1 ratio from stats to calculations.
                  You're supposed to be able to do the math in your head.

Like hell if I have to break out a calculator to make decisions.

To be honest, it's actually meant to be a very unforgiving system.

The way Fire Emblem is played is not on the premise of just dealing hits and taking them
                  It's more on dealing maximum damage while minimizing how much you take.

It's why you have the archers sneak in and deal a hefty amount of damage to a unit before you move in with another. So that your other unit takes no damage.

I mean, if you watch like my LP of Fire Emblem Sword of Seals you can see it's not
                  Hur hur I deal a lot of damage and can take a lot of damage hur hur
                  It's meant to be "Sh*t...I have only this much HP...all of them to fight...and my healer is going to be in the crossfire if I bring her with me...I need to think of a better way of tackling this..."

Of course the difference is the fact that unlike FE, we're not working on a grid...it's just choose a battle which eliminates the positioning aspects to a degree...

....again I might try to adjust the calculations but it's not fun to calculate those numbers in your head.

Comment

double post

Ok I'm on the verge of completing the calculator...

I just need to figure out how to autonomously make it record new stats growths...
                    I know I can do it...
                    I just can't remember what function I need....

The calculator thus far

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

If I can get the stat growths to record themselves I would be happy...
                    I don't think I can...
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-14-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Ok the stat calculator is done for basic stats...

The only place of error is transcribing the stat growths because I can't see how to do it manually.

Also another place of error is when including other weapon ranks. It would be tedious to set it up to gather the points from each battle so...I need to work on that.

Nothing else seems too out there...

now I can work on a battle calculator....
                      ...tomorrow...

Comment

I have to get up early for a game (sports game) tomorrow so I'm heading off early tonight. FYI I am actually playing in the game.
                        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
                          JOCK!!!
                          Nah... I'm not that cruel to outright label people as jocks. Save for my old college math class. Everyone in that class was a jock. Even the teacher!
                          Hope you do well in the game. What kind is it? Football? Baseball? Soccer?

As a matter of fact, I might head to bed as well. It's like approaching 2:30 here and I need some fricking rest. Hopefully, my mod expectation comes true and we pull through tonight through to Sunday. I'm looking at you, Wriggle.

Comment

Note for me in the morning:

- Remove weapon rank bonus.

- Fix Weapon Rank Calculator to include Initial Weapon Rank Stat

- Set up Equip Check

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HTTJHdXc#gid=0
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-14-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

@Wonder
                              If you are online, can you post for AtWaG, mentioning that Jason went with John through the Corridor?
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Crap. Forgot 'bout that.

While I'm here, anywhere else I'm needed before I shut down?

Comment

Working...
                                X